PFA Scotland Player of the Year

Tenor

Couldn't see a thread about this, so apologies if I missed it.

Our magnificent captain is in the running for the PFA Scotland player of the year, along with Celtic duo Callum McGregor and Tom Rogic, and Ross County winger Regan Charles-Cook.

Surely it has to go to Gordon! If so, he will be only the second player from outside the OF to have been named player of the year since 1990. That's a disgraceful statistic!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61247128

Has to be Gordon.

And Glasgow City's Priscila Chinchilla gets my vote for the women's player of the year. Don't know anything about her, but what a name... 

7 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Has to be Gordon.

And Glasgow City's Priscila Chinchilla gets my vote for the women's player of the year. Don't know anything about her, but what a name... 

Seconded.

Screenshot_20220428-071350_Google.jpg

35 minutes ago, Tenor said:

Couldn't see a thread about this, so apologies if I missed it.

Our magnificent captain is in the running for the PFA Scotland player of the year, along with Celtic duo Callum McGregor and Tom Rogic, and Ross County winger Regan Charles-Cook.

Surely it has to go to Gordon! If so, he will be only the second player from outside the OF to have been named player of the year since 1990. That's a disgraceful statistic!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61247128

I was shocked when I checked and the other non OF player since 1990 was Michael Higdon

Because this award is being voted on by the players in the league I can’t see past a Gordon win here. Every team will have come off after a game against us this season and said “that keeper is too good ffs” at some point

11 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Because this award is being voted on by the players in the league I can’t see past a Gordon win here. Every team will have come off after a game against us this season and said “that keeper is too good ffs” at some point

That made me chuckle. 

We all know it. And he is soooooper sexy. 

Like a fine wine. Better with age 

If Gordon doesn’t get it then you know the players hate him because he has denied them to often. 

I saw some of the PLZSoccer chat on this last night and football sage Tam McManus said he would choose McGregor over Gordon because he doesn't like giving awards to goalkeepers. Bizarre although maybe he carries resentment over a career long inability to put the ball past them.

Richard Forster chose Charles-Cook as he's top goal scorer in the league

Now, whilst both have had very good seasons and are good players (particularly McGregor), 13 goals is hardly earth shattering for league top scorer and you couldn't claim that either player has won as many points for their club as Gordon has.

Also, some of the saves and performances Gordon has made this season are world class, for club and country. There is no other player in Scotland who has reached those heights and so many times. Giving it to someone else would be a ludicrous decision.

This used to be purely a popularity contest but with no Sevco players in the running things might have changed. CG should stroll it. He should have double the votes of the runner up.

Voice of reason
2 hours ago, sprinbox98 said:

Josh Doig nominated for young player of the year - crikey!!

Honestly, this guy is so overrated. He’s valued at £2.7M on transfer market and yet every Hibs fan I know thinks Lewis Stevenson is better. As if Hibs would drop a £2.7M player for a cup semi if he was really that good? I know the predicted fee is also based on his age and potential but surely that’s an absolutely ridiculous valuation. Alex Cochrane is valued at £450k and is way better from what I’ve seen.  And, yes, I know Transfer Market is a pile of nonsense and I shouldn’t care! 😂

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Voice of reason said:

Honestly, this guy is so overrated. He’s valued at £2.7M on transfer market and yet every Hibs fan I know thinks Lewis Stevenson is better. As if Hibs would drop a £2.7M player for a cup semi if he was really that good? I know the predicted fee is also based on his age and potential but surely that’s an absolutely ridiculous valuation. Alex Cochrane is valued at £450k and is way better from what I’ve seen.  And, yes, I know Transfer Market is a pile of nonsense and I shouldn’t care! 😂

They dropped Mueller too and he's worth £3.5m according to transfermarkt!

Unknown user

BTW on the subject of transfermarkt values;

Kingsley - 800k

McKay - 750k

Baningine - 1m

Chris Mueller - 3.5m :laugh2:

At least wee Hickey's 15m and counting

Voice of reason
15 minutes ago, Smithee said:

BTW on the subject of transfermarkt values;

Kingsley - 800k

McKay - 750k

Baningine - 1m

Chris Mueller - 3.5m :laugh2:

At least wee Hickey's 15m and counting

It’s really strange how they get these values? How on earth is Chris Mueller valued at more than a £200k given what he’s done? He’s a sub at a bottom 6 SPL team!

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

It’s really strange how they get these values? How on earth is Chris Mueller valued at more than a £200k given what he’s done? He’s a sub at a bottom 6 SPL team!

2 caps for USA apparently, must be that.

I'll need to look again to confirm but IIRC they had 6 or 7 players worth more or equal to Barrie McKay :laugh2:

13 minutes ago, Smithee said:

2 caps for USA apparently, must be that.

I'll need to look again to confirm but IIRC they had 6 or 7 players worth more or equal to Barrie McKay :laugh2:

6 players valued more than Barrie

Mueller, doig, nisbet, porteous, Newell and doidge.

Gordon is our 14th most valuable player and only Ross Stewart is worth less than Simms

Edited by milky_26

Unknown user
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

6 players valued more than Barrie

Mueller, doig, nisbet, porteous, Newell and doidge

😆

catchphrase.gif.fb26491eb475c7d80a6d0d131d31276d.gif

Ah it's good to be a Jambo!

Just now, Smithee said:

😆

catchphrase.gif.fb26491eb475c7d80a6d0d131d31276d.gif

Ah it's good to be a Jambo!

Only woodburn is valued at more than a million in our squad

5 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Seconded.

Screenshot_20220428-071350_Google.jpg

No sure mate, she's up against Jacynta Galabadaarachchi.  These big name players often get the nod

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, Costanza said:

I saw some of the PLZSoccer chat on this last night and football sage Tam McManus said he would choose McGregor over Gordon because he doesn't like giving awards to goalkeepers. Bizarre although maybe he carries resentment over a career long inability to put the ball past them.

Richard Forster chose Charles-Cook as he's top goal scorer in the league

Now, whilst both have had very good seasons and are good players (particularly McGregor), 13 goals is hardly earth shattering for league top scorer and you couldn't claim that either player has won as many points for their club as Gordon has.

Also, some of the saves and performances Gordon has made this season are world class, for club and country. There is no other player in Scotland who has reached those heights and so many times. Giving it to someone else would be a ludicrous decision.

Obviously it should be Gordon but 13 goals for a team like Ross County is pretty impressive 

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

The only thing is I hope we don't get battered this summer, we can't be the only people who've noticed how good some of these guys are, never mind Robbie 

HeartsandonlyHearts

It’s Scottish football. I fear another disappointment. It’s a no brainer if it’s voted on with each player being honest with themselves.

Ex member of the SaS

Gordon won't win, ( I know he should ) but the prick in a Celtic shirt and mask will win it for playing through injury. Must be the longest facial injury in history or maybe he likes the gimp mask so much.

How on earth has only one person outwith OF won this since 1990!?!?  That's absolutely mental.  Well, it isn't, but you know what I mean.  My god our game is so depressing at times.

3 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Obviously it should be Gordon but 13 goals for a team like Ross County is pretty impressive 

I agree it's impressive but I don't think a number that could consider trumping Gordon for the award.

As a comparison, when Higdon won it, he scored 26.

Neilson is shortlisted for PFA manager of the season.

I think most people will want it to go to Dick Campbell.

Kalamazoo Jambo
On 28/04/2022 at 13:31, Kiwidoug said:

Neilson is shortlisted for PFA manager of the season.

I think most people will want it to go to Dick Campbell.

Robbie is nominated for the Scottish football writer’s award but not the PFA award.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to PFA Scotland Player of the Year
1971fozzy
On 28/04/2022 at 14:50, Ex member of the SaS said:

Gordon won't win, ( I know he should ) but the prick in a Celtic shirt and mask will win it for playing through injury. Must be the longest facial injury in history or maybe he likes the gimp mask so much.

The mask suits him. Can’t stand him so the less I see the better. 

On 28/04/2022 at 12:02, boag1874 said:

It 100% should be Gordon, he's been incredible

And not just for Hearts also for Scotland!

On 28/04/2022 at 12:27, milky_26 said:

Woodburn? 🤣

Celtic employees have won every single award possible so far, young player men, young player women, manager, goal. Gordon will need to win it by a mile to just sneak it.

Armageddon
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Celtic employees have won every single award possible so far, young player men, young player women, manager, goal. Gordon will need to win it by a mile to just sneak it.

Is this the fans voted awards?

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, graygo said:

It annoys me about Angie winning manager of the year, manager with biggest budget, spending more than anyone else is due to win the league. I know Celtic were a mess when he took over but what it takes is a competent manager which they got. It should have been Dick Campbell considering what he has got Arbroath to do.

1971fozzy

Hilarious. What a farce. Why would anyone outside that vile institution that is Celtic even bother to attend ?

3 minutes ago, tamanov said:

McGregor won it. What a farce. 

Was never going to be anyone other than McGregor.  Anyone who thought Craig Gordon could win is deluded.  To be clear, I believe CG should have won it, but gave him no chance of doing so.