Manchester City v Real Madrid (Champions League, tonight)

Morgan

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Mikey1874

• smiler

• milky_26

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bazzas right boot

😁

Posted at 21:4521:45

Get Involved

#bbcfootball

Ben: Benzema is the alternative to Bisto. That guy is different gravy.

18 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Eh? Who am I hearing singing then?

15sec outbursts of Blue Moon every 20 minutes hardly makes an atmosphere.

Embarrassing fans 

12 minutes ago, Steak said:

Embarrassing fans 

Half of them are tourists who have only supported city for as long as they have been rich. 

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Half of them are tourists who have only supported city for as long as they have been rich. 

:spoton:

RustyRightPeg
18 minutes ago, Steak said:

Embarrassing fans 

The bloody PA guy tries to get the fans involved when he reads out the names and stuff as well it’s the most cringey thing ever. 

Just now, milky_26 said:

no away goals counting double if tied anymore

I know.

I was merely making a point.  

Weakened Offender
34 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Loads leave from Edinburgh too. 

William H. Bonney
27 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Kids running onto the pitch should be shot. 🤷‍♂️

Leeds ban the parents of kids doing this for a year. 

Wasn't feeling the hype of the 'what a game' chat. Not sure what it was but felt a bit bland - maybe the atmosphere, maybe the fact city dominated the game and Madrids goals came out of nowhere. 

Don't know, but people lauding it best game in years - is it just people wanting to be part of the 'i was there' hype?  

That sounds like a tremendous game.  I just hope all the players are well paid.  Anything less than £400,000 a week would be scandalous.

the general
4 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

😉🤭

9 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

The bloody PA guy tries to get the fans involved when he reads out the names and stuff as well it’s the most cringey thing ever. 

BeeeeeeeeeNarrrrDooooo

Real Madrid pen and City fans behind goal recording it on the phone and when players celebrating in front of them got the phones taking pics 😂

Imagine some fan doing that in the Roseburn when Morelos or Kent scored a pen embarrassing. It’s all for social media and likes on their accounts .

Heartsmad1874
9 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

Loads leave from Edinburgh too. 

Offended at this as i was at the game last night 😂 Had a few days off so decided on a trip to Manchester and to see that game was unreal.

One of the best champions league games I've seen. Man City should have been absolutely out of sight but huge credit to Real for managing to stay in it. 

hmfc_liam06
13 minutes ago, mre said:

One of the best champions league games I've seen. Man City should have been absolutely out of sight but huge credit to Real for managing to stay in it. 

Definitely up there. Real couldn't have complained if City had scored 6 or 7 last night.

13 hours ago, CostaJambo said:

Every time they zoom in on the crowd it seems it is mostly Chinese people, everything that is wrong with the EPL/Champs League. Tourist football at its worst.

Don't really blame the tourists tbh. It would be a great experience getting to attend a match like that.

What annoys me most is the fact that teams who can't even sell their ground out for such a match, or rely on hordes of tourists attending to bump up the numbers. Hypothetical nonsense I know, but we could probably sell Tynie twice over for a big European game against someone like Real Madrid.

hmfc_liam06
12 minutes ago, Locky said:

Don't really blame the tourists tbh. It would be a great experience getting to attend a match like that.

What annoys me most is the fact that teams who can't even sell their ground out for such a match, or rely on hordes of tourists attending to bump up the numbers. Hypothetical nonsense I know, but we could probably sell Tynie twice over for a big European game against someone like Real Madrid.

Look at the friendly v Barca...

Always found it strange folk having a go at the tourists as well. They want to take a match in, what's the big deal?

the general
4 hours ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Offended at this as i was at the game last night 😂 Had a few days off so decided on a trip to Manchester and to see that game was unreal.

How did you find the atmosphere?

The Treasurer
14 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

That sounds like a tremendous game.  I just hope all the players are well paid.  Anything less than £400,000 a week would be scandalous.

Nonsense.

All these big name players have always wanted to play for citeh. 

Even when they were in the second division and no-one outside of Manchester had heard of them

It's got nothing to do with money

Heartsmad1874
51 minutes ago, the general said:

How did you find the atmosphere?

I've been to a few City games and realised where not to sit. The top tiers are a good view but very poor in terms of atmosphere. I managed to get behind the goal next to away section and the atmosphere in that section is pretty good as there weren't really too many tourists mainly locals. It was quite loud where i was when City scored their goals so was surprised to hear from friends and see on twitter that the atmosphere didn't sound great. Obviously one small section doesn't make the atmosphere for a full stadium.

Fozzyonthefence
16 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Pish!

Fozzyonthefence
16 hours ago, Morgan said:

Three away goals.  :sweeet:

Away goals don’t count.  Or rather, they don’t count double, so 1-0 to Real goes to extra time.

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Away goals don’t count.  Or rather, they don’t count double, so 1-0 to Real goes to extra time.

Yes, @milky_26 kindly told me that last night too.

I knew that, but was just making the point about them getting three goals in Manchester.  I perhaps worded my post wrongly, and can see why it appeared that I was thinking that away goals count double!

13 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Pish!

No, it isn’t. They aren’t the only ones. Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal and the like all have tourist fans 

Fozzyonthefence
11 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

No, it isn’t. They aren’t the only ones. Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal and the like all have tourist fans 

I guess all the big teams in England have tourist fans to a degree, especially Man Utd and Liverpool.  But speaking from my own experience of living down there, City always had a massive, long suffering and loyal fan base.  

Although I have little interest in English football or Champions League these days, I used to regularly go to Maine Road when City were in the old second division.  They still got massive crowds when they were playing the big games in the second tier then and could get over 50k when playing Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday or Chelsea (who were also pish back then).

So to suggest they only get big crowds now that they’re filthy rich is just wrong.  If anything, I’m actually surprised that they don’t have demand for a much bigger stadium these days but the tourists still prefer their neighbours and the other huge Lancashire club. 

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

The Treasurer
23 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Pish!

You're right, probably nearer 75% if you count the "fans" that have appeared since they got rich

Fozzyonthefence
15 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I knew that, but was just making the point about them getting three goals in Manchester.  I perhaps worded my post wrongly, and can see why it appeared that I was thinking that away goals count double!

Not sure if it’s a good rule change or not yet.  Certainly no negativity from Real last night by the sounds of it but then they never are negative are they?!

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

You're right, probably nearer 75% if you count the "fans" that have appeared since they got rich

See my other post before posting any more ill informed tripe!  Similar lazy nonsense to jumping on the Hibs flair and big physical Hearts shite! All equally untrue!

18 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Backtracking like a champ. We all know you messed it up

:rolleyes2:

The Treasurer
3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

See my other post before posting any more ill informed tripe!  Similar lazy nonsense to jumping on the Hibs flair and big physical Hearts shite! All equally untrue!

Are you seriously saying that citeh haven't suddenly got thousands of new "fans" since their wealth allowed them to challenge for trophies !!!!

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Are you seriously saying that citeh haven't suddenly got thousands of new "fans" since their wealth allowed them to challenge for trophies !!!!

Some, yes (thousands of plastic / armchair fans maybe, I know some).  But to suggest 50% or 75% is absolute nonsense, although I suspect tongue in cheek.  

They were still getting over 30k when they had their worst ever team in the 3rd tier not that long ago (well seems not that long ago, but probably around 20 years ago).  And as I said, they could get over 50k in the 2nd tier in the Billy McNeil days when I lived there).   Always been one of the best supported teams in England, even through thin and thinner times. A bit like Hearts in some respects, over the years.  Until recently!

20 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Backtracking like a champ. We all know you messed it up

:rolleyes2:

I give up.

If I make a mistake, I'll admit to it.

I see the BBC are saying this was everything great about football. I disagree there was not much good about a lot of the defending

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

They didn't usually bother with the CL until recently.