Council elections 2022

New Town Loafer

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Plenty of examples of utter cretins on these independence marches with anti-English slogans.

Mon then

• Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• maroonlegions

• Unknown user

• New Town Loafer

Pans Jambo
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

If I did that I'd be getting thread ban.  One poster has been notable by their absence recently, though.

It doesn't bother me at all.  I just find the double standards about sleaze laughable at a time when one of yours just got convicted for embezzlement and something stinks badly from the Scottish Government about the Ferries scandal and disappearance/absence of paperwork.

Right. 

So thats 1 single poster then? Not an entire political party?

Double standards? Yes the Scottish government needs (& should) be held to account but I dont recall seeing you being as vocal regarding the entire shit show from Westminster? Tens of Billions squandered & sleaze on an almost daily basis but you bang on about a ferry contract? Double standards eh Frank?

&”one of yours” :rofl:

Pans Jambo
5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Plenty of examples of utter cretins on these independence marches with anti-English slogans.

Is there though? Show me. 

frankblack
Just now, Pans Jambo said:

Right. 

So thats 1 single poster then? Not an entire political party?

One regular poster, but someone with views in tune with many of the SNP voters.

Just now, Pans Jambo said:

Double standards? Yes the Scottish government needs (& should) be held to account but I dont recall seeing you being as vocal regarding the entire shit show from Westminster? Tens of Billions squandered & sleaze on an almost daily basis but you bang on about a ferry contract? Double standards eh Frank?

&”one of yours” :rofl:

More whatabootery.  If you check the Covid thread I dished out plenty of abuse to both governments where I saw fit over te past couple of years.

Lets deal with the Scottish Government ****-ups as they are the ones in charge here.

Given the evidence they couldn't run a piss-up in a brewery let alone an independent country.

Pans Jambo
7 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Everyone who hates the SNP is labeled a Tory on here.

So I just accept being a tory in the JKB World :whistling:

If you defend the tories then what are people supposed to think?

Unknown user
12 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Everyone who hates the SNP is labeled a Tory on here.

So I just accept being a tory in the JKB World :whistling:

Last party you voted for was Tory though right?

Pans Jambo
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

One regular poster, but someone with views in tune with many of the SNP voters.

More whatabootery.  If you check the Covid thread I dished out plenty of abuse to both governments where I saw fit over te past couple of years.

Lets deal with the Scottish Government ****-ups as they are the ones in charge here.

Given the evidence they couldn't run a piss-up in a brewery let alone an independent country.

Dont dress up youre warped opinion as fact. Youre saying SNP voters are somehow English haters. Thats utter pish and you know it. 

Youve never said anying negative about Westminster Frank. Never. 

frankblack
2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Is there though? Show me. 

I just found these article as an aside... :whistling:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/nicola-sturgeon-will-root-out-racism-in-snp-after-adviser-tim-rideout-suspended-kpvql69mz

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/20081173.glasgow-msp-said-gets-racially-abused-critical-snp/

https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/news/politics/snp-branch-forced-apologise-nasty-26164493

Got to head out now, but that should do for starters before I et more info on their supporters...

Unknown user

There was a fair element of anti English a couple of decades ago but the independence debate has been in the forefront long enough that is matured past that. There'll always be the odd arsehole but in general people don't hate the English, they hate the situation the Scottish are in.

Unknown user

The first one's behind a paywall, the second one makes vague allegations, the third one doesn't mention the English at all.

But you specifically made the accusation "Plenty of examples of utter cretins on these independence marches with anti-English slogans."

Show me 10 if there are plenty.

Edited by Smithee

Pans Jambo

Some serious straw clutching going on there. One reshared tweet from the French President and the whole indy movement is “Anti English” :rofl:

Must try harder. 

Whatabootery? Just Google “racist quotes from Boris Johnston” you’ll get dozens of pages. 

Doesnt mean tory voters or English are racist though Frank. 

Curious politics being played with coalitions.

Stable government not the priority. Interesting how it affects real life. 

51 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Some serious straw clutching going on there. One reshared tweet from the French President and the whole indy movement is “Anti English” :rofl:

Must try harder. 

Whatabootery? Just Google “racist quotes from Boris Johnston” you’ll get dozens of pages. 

Oh come on, be nice to Frank. He's found his enemy, and it no doubt gives him great comfort to hate his dastardly enemy as much as he does.

frankblack
55 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Must try harder. 

I never said the whole Indy movement was racist but there is clearly a hardcore that is.

As for your poor deflection attempt I take it you missed the other two unrelated links?

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

There was a fair element of anti English a couple of decades ago but the independence debate has been in the forefront long enough that is matured past that. There'll always be the odd arsehole but in general people don't hate the English, they hate the situation the Scottish are in.

:spoton:

Nucky Thompson
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

Last party you voted for was Tory though right?

Lib Dem. 

I've voted for every party at some point or other, even the SNP a long time ago

8 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Lib Dem. 

Perhaps, but be truthful. Was your vote pro-Lib Dem or anti-SNP?

If the latter, I've no issue with that of course, being a life-long anti-Tory tactical voter myself.

Unknown user
30 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Lib Dem. 

Dammit, lapsed Tory then!

Unknown user
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

I never said the whole Indy movement was racist but there is clearly a hardcore that is.

As for your poor deflection attempt I take it you missed the other two unrelated links?

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

The first one's behind a paywall, the second one makes vague allegations, the third one doesn't mention the English at all.

But you specifically made the accusation "Plenty of examples of utter cretins on these independence marches with anti-English slogans."

Show me 10 if there are plenty.

il Duce McTarkin
22 minutes ago, redjambo said:

If the latter, I've no issue with that of course, being a life-long anti-Tory tactical voter myself.

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Dammit, lapsed Tory then!

@Nucky Thompson, it's like when an old firm fan asks the Indian fella, "Aye, but are ye a protestant hindu or a catholic hindu?".

Edited by Dirk McClaymore

Nucky Thompson
40 minutes ago, redjambo said:

It was indeed tactical against the SNP, although I like Alex Cole-Hamilton.

I'm no more a Lib-Dem than I am a Tory or Labour though

16 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Tory and Labour are reasonably removed from each other when it comes to policies though, albeit admittedly not nearly as far apart as they used to be, so is your political viewpoint that varied or moveable that you are everything from left to right and all in between? Just asking out of interest. Usually people tend to be left, right or centrist in outlook, or two of these, not all three. Where on the spectrum would your politics lie if the SNP were out of the equation, if you're ok divulging that?

frankblack
4 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I've also voted in Alex Cole-Hamilton and the Lib Dem MP.

The Lib Dems actually spend a bit of effort updating people on local issues, which was noticeably absent when Michelle Thomson was in charge of the SNP.  The same goes for councilors and Westminster issues - Lib Dems update you but we never got a peep from the SNP, who just want your vote then do **** all for you as a constituent.

I've also used my MP and MSP to resolve some disputes - one with my Bank who owed me money.  I went weeks trying to resolve it in person or writing with the Bank - a week after contacting the MP it was sorted.

Edited by frankblack

• 2 weeks later...
Seymour M Hersh
16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I for one would not be unhappy with a 3 party coalition trying to run the city. A lot better than the SNP just doing what they want with no checks and balances. 

13 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I for one would not be unhappy with a 3 party coalition trying to run the city. A lot better than the SNP just doing what they want with no checks and balances. 

It's probably the SNP commitment to hold an independence referendum that is the source of the problem.

SNP and Labour have run Edinburgh for 15 years. It was the obvious option here giving a majority and stability. 

Lots of problems running on a minority. 

Independence more important than good government. Labour gearing up to defeat independence. 

Labour have been part of the shambolic running of Edinburgh council but if they are in a minority hopefully this will lead to the council to actually run the city in a way that benefits it’s residents. 

frankblack
17 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Labour have been part of the shambolic running of Edinburgh council but if they are in a minority hopefully this will lead to the council to actually run the city in a way that benefits it’s residents. 

We can but hope.  Ripping out these Spaces for People congestion-creation measures should be one priority.

2 hours ago, frankblack said:

We can but hope.  Ripping out these Spaces for People congestion-creation measures should be one priority.

Yep, crazy cycle lanes and massive planters dropped at the end of roads to restrict traffic need to go as well. 

frankblack
21 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Yep, crazy cycle lanes and massive planters dropped at the end of roads to restrict traffic need to go as well. 

Drumbrae Road North is queued back over the hill at rush hour because traffic has to join into one lane.  I rarely ever see a cyclist go up or down that hill.

New Town Loafer
3 hours ago, frankblack said:

I think the Conservatives will push hard on that, with Lib Dem support.

Dennis Reynolds

I ****ing hate the Tories, but the narrative from the SNP councillors is wearing thin. The city is a mess and this on them/labour. If they had done a better job, we wouldn't be in this position. Simple as that. The whole 'its everyone else's fault' does my nut in.

frankblack
2 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I ****ing hate the Tories, but the narrative from the SNP councillors is wearing thin. The city is a mess and this on them/labour. If they had done a better job, we wouldn't be in this position. Simple as that. The whole 'its everyone else's fault' does my nut in.

When you have public consultations and choose to ignore them when you don't like the result then they can hardly go bleating about getting kicked into touch.

1 hour ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Labour minority it is. Up to them now. 

Hopefully this will put all doubt to bed how labour are the red Tories. Treacherous Scum to man.

Edited by ri Alban

New Town Loafer

The SNP and their sappy Green lackeys are raging. Absolutely wondrous.

22 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Hopefully this will put all doubt to bed how labour are the red Tories. Treacherous Scum to man.

SNP done plenty Coalitions with the Conservatives. 

Local Government is full of unusual coalitions due to voting system. It is true this is a unionist coalition as a direct response to the Government proposing an independence Referendum. 

Labour were unhappy about a few things during their 15 year Coalition with SNP in Edinburgh. One was the SNP leadership in Edinburgh were unwilling to say anything to criticise SNP Central Government budget cuts. 

But this is due to SNP obsession with independence so SNP and independence supporters should welcome this. 

And the SNP were in Government because of the Conservatives fairly recently. 

frankblack
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Last time the Tories had most Councillors so the SNP shacked up with Labour to sneak in.  Now they are greetin about getting shafted the same way.  You couldn't make it up.

The SNP have been an absolute shambles in charge of the council, which is why they have been kicked to the side.

Ainsley Harriott
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Aye imagine getting into power by way of a coalition 🤔. Anyway I think yes voting nationalists are treacherous scum so there we are 🤣

6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

It's now Scots v Brits. 

Only in your tiny mind. It should be about what’s best for Edinburgh and its citizens. 

The Hogfather
18 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

It's now Scots v Brits. 

Do you not live in Paisley? What do you care about who runs Edinburghs council?

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

SNP done plenty Coalitions with the Conservatives. 

Local Government is full of unusual coalitions due to voting system. It is true this is a unionist coalition as a direct response to the Government proposing an independence Referendum. 

Labour were unhappy about a few things during their 15 year Coalition with SNP in Edinburgh. One was the SNP leadership in Edinburgh were unwilling to say anything to criticise SNP Central Government budget cuts. 

But this is due to SNP obsession with independence so SNP and independence supporters should welcome this. 

And the SNP were in Government because of the Conservatives fairly recently. 

In Alex Salmond’s first stint as FM, his SNP minority gov had an ‘arrangement’ with the Tories that allowed them to form an administration.

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Dazo said:

Only in your tiny mind. It should be about what’s best for Edinburgh and its citizens. 

Bang on. Let's get on with running Scotland's capital city in a manner that's beneficial for those who live there.

Fed up with it being used as SNP weapon in its independence mantra.

As for the Greens, great to see their noses being put out of joint.