• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• maroonlegions

• Unknown user

• New Town Loafer

Ainsley Harriott

I emailed my local SNP MSP to ask when my daughter would recieve her school laptop/tablet. Weirdly that was 2 weeks ago and he hasn't replied. It's almost like they make shit up then hope we forget about it.

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

So, much like the SNP up here where they can do whatever they like without comeback?

Oh Hai Frank!

I'd love to engage but you'll not have read the original posts and will hare off at a tangent apropos to nothing relevant.  

frankblack
2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Oh Hai Frank!

I'd love to engage but you'll not have read the original posts and will hare off at a tangent apropos to nothing relevant.  

You are having a 'mare.

The fact you can't see the double standards in your incoherent ranting is worrying.

Nucky Thompson
5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

A majority coalition of Labour/Lib Dem/Tory in Edinburgh council would be interesting :biggrin2:

3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:illogical:

Seriously though flag colours aside who in their right mind would vote the same councillors in. 😂

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Dazo said:

Seriously though flag colours aside who in their right mind would vote the same councillors in. 😂

Nothing surprises me nowadays. 

The Mighty Thor
5 hours ago, frankblack said:

You are having a 'mare.

The fact you can't see the double standards in your incoherent ranting is worrying.

I've genuinely got no idea what you're on about.

That makes two of us. 

jack D and coke
6 hours ago, Dazo said:

I don’t vote an awful lot I’ll be honest and I haven’t voted last two or three elections now. I hate the lot of them from local govt to national level. Very occasionally I take to someone, I took to Blair in the beginning and then Salmond but in the main they’re not that likeable in any colour of rosette. 
Something needs to change it feels like nothing makes any difference. Every country faces the same problems of choosing between 2-3 utter *****. Which is the lessest of the *****. 
Sickening. 

frankblack
On 10/05/2022 at 23:41, Space Mackerel said:

I’m not really sure Frank has a grasp of what’s going on in real time. 

4 hours ago, Hunky Dory said:

He really hasn’t. Full of fact statements, “they’d do this” “they’d do that” when he hasn’t got a clue in the slightest.

7 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I've genuinely got no idea what you're on about.

That makes two of us. 

It is good to see the rabid Nats tag team to play the man.  Shows you are triggered.

There is zero chance of an Indy vote because Jimmy knows the legal advice won't allow it and  the numbers are against.

Bash on with your Tory Sleaze thread - its comedy gold reading the double standards while ignoring  national news on SNP troubles.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/politics/scottish-politics/3150188/nicola-sturgeon-snp-ferries/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-61421280

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/politics/scottish-politics/3024381/disgraced-ex-snp-finance-chief-derek-mackay-launches-consultancy-firm/

Edited by frankblack

Pans Jambo
On 10/05/2022 at 23:48, Space Mackerel said:

the UK makes nowt nowaday Frank, it’s all imported from the EU, China or India. It comes in in English ports and transported up here for distribution.
All Scotland has to do is open a couple of deep water ports. Ireland bypasses the UK now in its trade. . 

WHAT?

Boat & Ships sailing into Scottish posts? How can that be? Every other country on the planet that has a sea port but surely NOT possible for Scotland!!!!

(Unless we remain in the UK and it's all Westminster's idea, then its all good bro).

Pans Jambo

Former SNP member caught for embezzling £20K (kicked out the party) - National outrage.

UK Westminster based Tory party hand out £Billions on wasted PPE contracts, £Billions on useless track and trace software, £Hundreds of millions on ferry contracts to a company with no ferries, £Tens of Millions in dodgy contracts to tory donors who are now in the house of lords  - Move on...nothing to see here.

Aye, lets talk double standards eh.

frankblack
19 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Former SNP member caught for embezzling £20K (kicked out the party) - National outrage.

UK Westminster based Tory party hand out £Billions on wasted PPE contracts, £Billions on useless track and trace software, £Hundreds of millions on ferry contracts to a company with no ferries, £Tens of Millions in dodgy contracts to tory donors who are now in the house of lords  - Move on...nothing to see here.

Didn't they leave the party to defend those allegations?  In which case they were an SNP MSP at the time.

As for those PPI contracts - is that going to cost more than those ferries?  Do we even know if they will be delivered let alone when?

When is the new Edinburgh Sick Kids opening?  Didn't they also balls up the Glasgow version leaving it dangerous to patients of which a public enquiry is underway?

All in all they have a shit record of big capital projects.

35 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

But but but they're all as bad as each other 

Pans Jambo
4 hours ago, frankblack said:

Didn't they leave the party to defend those allegations?  In which case they were an SNP MSP at the time.

As for those PPI contracts - is that going to cost more than those ferries?  Do we even know if they will be delivered let alone when?

When is the new Edinburgh Sick Kids opening?  Didn't they also balls up the Glasgow version leaving it dangerous to patients of which a public enquiry is underway?

Frank. 
you may not know this but £1Billion is 1000 Million pounds. 

The tories have spaffed TENS of Billions and we get NOTHING but the debt to pay for their failures. 
At least the Scottish ferries ACTUALLY exist and we will eventually get use of them. The hospitals exist too you know. May be late, or over budget, or issues with the buildings but they are there and actually in use today.

There were planes full of dodgy PPE that went to landfill. Who’s paying for it all??? My grandchildren probably. 

EDIT: £37 Thousand Million Pounds wasted on a failed track & trace software system based on Microsoft Excel. 
How many ferries could you buy for that Frank???

https://committees.parliament.uk/work/906/covid19-test-track-and-trace-part-1/news/150988/unimaginable-cost-of-test-trace-failed-to-deliver-central-promise-of-averting-another-lockdown/

But let all go mad and bang on evermore about a £20 odd grand theft eh. 

Edited by Pans Jambo

JudyJudyJudy
4 hours ago, frankblack said:

280419824_3291934254396148_3025435631372924772_n.jpg

frankblack
25 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Frank. 

The tories have spaffed TENS of Billions and we get NOTHING but the debt to pay for their failures. 
At least the Scottish ferries ACTUALLY exist and we will eventually get use of them. The hospitals exist too you know. May be late, or over budget, or issues with the buildings but they are there and actually in use today.

There were planes full of dodgy PPE that went to landfill. Who’s paying for it all??? My grandchildren probably. 

EDIT: £37 Thousand Million Pounds wasted on a failed track & trace software system based on Microsoft Excel. 
How many ferries could you buy for that Frank???

https://committees.parliament.uk/work/906/covid19-test-track-and-trace-part-1/news/150988/unimaginable-cost-of-test-trace-failed-to-deliver-central-promise-of-averting-another-lockdown/

There were mistakes made at the start with Covid as these things had to be procured and fast and there was no precedent.  I don't know about you but I tried buying PPE at the start of the pandemic and couldn't find any - because everyone worldwide was trying to get it.

The Scottish Ferries are £150m+ and counting over budget and 5 years late with no date in sight.  They do not exist.

Yes, the track and trace system was failed but I'm not sure your details are totally correct and Excel.  I work in software development and the only people using Excel are managers reporting to their managers.

I don't even vote Tory, BTW so if you think your arguments are relevant to me you are missing the mark.

The point about hospitals is not something to brush aside - it is alleged that people died because of them in Glasgow.  It appears serious design faults were made in multiple hospital buildings and suggests that the projects were not properly managed with the correct oversight.

JudyJudyJudy
13 minutes ago, frankblack said:

it is alleged that people died

people did die. 

Pans Jambo

There were mistakes made at the start with Covid as these things had to be procured and fast and there was no precedent.  I don't know about you but I tried buying PPE at the start of the pandemic and couldn't find any - because everyone worldwide was trying to get it.

The Scottish Ferries are £150m+ and counting over budget and 5 years late with no date in sight.  They do not exist.

Yes, the track and trace system was failed but I'm not sure your details are totally correct and Excel.  I work in software development and the only people using Excel are managers reporting to their managers.

I don't even vote Tory, BTW so if you think your arguments are relevant to me you are missing the mark.

The point about hospitals is not something to brush aside - it is alleged that people died because of them in Glasgow.  It appears serious design faults were made in multiple hospital buildings and suggests that the projects were not properly managed with the correct oversight.

Were not mistakes. Was blatant corruption. 

You can go and see the ferries. Theyre not complete but they exist unlike the contracts for the channel crossing ferries to a company that didnt actually have any ferries. 

The track & Trace sytem was based on MS Excel. Look it up because you couldnt make it up. 

We could be friend Frank. Youre not a tory 😁

People did die in those hopitals thats true. No idea what the case is. Water or aircon or something. That is brutal. Not sure how an MSP can be blamed unles the deliberately cut costs/corners that led to this. Im sure theres an enquiry on the go so it will all come out in the wash. 

But they (the hospitals) do exist and are in use every day. 

Anyway. Beer o clock. Mon the Hearts!

Edited by Pans Jambo

6 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

There's no comparison with the money grab that went on the back of covid.

I'm a critic of the SG but they couldn't lace the criminal boots of what's went on.

Really wished the press went after the theft instead of the partygate stuff.

Come on Frank the theft which is basically what it was is fekin disgraceful.

It's on a par with looting .

The good law project estimated (I think) 25 % of the contracts awarded had a bad smell.

I'm not into whataboutery as an argument but there's no defending what went on.

JudyJudyJudy
11 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

170,000 odd people died.

We are talking about the hospital in Glasgow ! Keep up 

frankblack
45 minutes ago, Ked said:

Come on Frank the theft which is basically what it was is fekin disgraceful.

It's on a par with looting .

The good law project estimated (I think) 25 % of the contracts awarded had a bad smell.

I'm not into whataboutery as an argument but there's no defending what went on.

I actually don't know the specifics there but wasn't defending it.  Is there an inquiry to come anyway?

frankblack
57 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Were not mistakes. Was blatant corruption. 

So Ked says, If so there should be criminal charges.  I won't defend that.

You can go and see the ferries. Theyre not complete but they exist unlike the contracts for the channel crossing ferries to a company that didnt actually have any ferries. 

Ferries don't exist until they are finished and accepted by the customer.

The track & Trace sytem was based on MS Excel. Look it up because you couldnt make it up. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-54423988

Seems I was right.  Managers trying to pull data in for reporting.  The third party firms did what was asked and managers with limited skills used the wrong tool rather that get an application written.

I see this far to ****ing often even in my own area where data is in one system but managers duplicate it in Excel because that is what they know.  Excel is shit in the hands of those who lack skills to build proper applications.

We could be friend Frank. Youre not a tory 😁

People did die in those hopitals thats true. No idea what the case is. Water or aircon or something. That is brutal. Not sure how an MSP can be blamed unles the deliberately cut costs/corners that led to this. Im sure theres an enquiry on the go so it will all come out in the wash. 

But they (the hospitals) do exist and are in use every day. 

Anyway. Beer o clock. Mon the Hearts!

I don't think the Edinburgh Sick Kids is in use yet.

The Mighty Thor
19 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

We are talking about the hospital in Glasgow ! Keep up 

Thought I'd try the jumping in without reading first thing you do.

It's barry 👍

il Duce McTarkin
3 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Theft is theft, gadgie.

JudyJudyJudy
25 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Thought I'd try the jumping in without reading first thing you do.

It's barry 👍

48EAAE29-11D4-40CD-83C3-057F89E48B06.jpeg

CF11JamTart
2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

It's stretching it to say that the ferries exist. When they eventually get in to service they will be years late. That's years where people in the islands etc. are having to manage with existing fleet which is past its shelf life. 

They are miles away from being operational. 

I do not have much of an opinion on Scottish independence, but that procurement process is either very naive and inept or borderline corrupt (awarding a contract to a company that you know probably cannot deliver). 

Still, if SG cannot manage large programme procurements, they can join the club. 

I don't think the Edinburgh Sick Kids is in use yet.

It is. Been open since last year. 

Weakened Offender
6 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Frank. 

More of this on threads like this please. 😊

Seymour M Hersh
6 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

He's incorrect. In the UK 1 billion is 1,000,000, million not the yanks version which is 1,000 million.

frankblack
9 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

I'm sure you think you proved some point in your deluded mind.

I was never arguing over specific monetary amounts.  However with the money the Nats are pissing away with the blank cheque given for ferries, it will eventually hit the billions unless they admit they cut their losses and cancel!

Only the SNP gets due diligence done that points out massive holes in that bid and go ahead anyway.  Not too dissimilar to Spaces for People where they ignore the consultation findings overwhelmingly rejecting it and go ahead anyway.

Seems to be a pattern here.... 🤔

16 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I'm sure you think you proved some point in your deluded mind.

I was never arguing over specific monetary amounts.  However with the money the Nats are pissing away with the blank cheque given for ferries, it will eventually hit the billions unless they admit they cut their losses and cancel!

Only the SNP gets due diligence done that points out massive holes in that bid and go ahead anyway.  Not too dissimilar to Spaces for People where they ignore the consultation findings overwhelmingly rejecting it and go ahead anyway.

Seems to be a pattern here.... 🤔

Frank. You do realise that SNP supporters don't actually care about taxpayers money being wasted on non existent ferries, or missing documentation, or appalling health issues, underperforming education services or anything really?

They're not held to account like a normal political party. Independence is all that counts, then everything is worked back from there.

Weakened Offender
8 minutes ago, pablo said:

Independence is all that counts, then everything is worked back from there.

Correct. I couldn't give a monkeys about Calmac's winter timetable 😁 😉, missing 20ks and potholes in the roads. I just want to break up the union. 😎

1 minute ago, Weakened Offender said:

Correct. I couldn't give a monkeys about Calmac's winter timetable 😁 😉, missing 20ks and potholes in the roads. I just want to break up the union. 😎

I know! 😎

Only the SNP don't appear to be very good at that either.

Weakened Offender
Just now, pablo said:

I know! 😎

Only the SNP don't appear to be very good at that either.

😁

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

👍

Is there a bigger slurper on this site than you? 

frankblack
4 hours ago, pablo said:

Frank. You do realise that SNP supporters don't actually care about taxpayers money being wasted on non existent ferries, or missing documentation, or appalling health issues, underperforming education services or anything really?

They're not held to account like a normal political party. Independence is all that counts, then everything is worked back from there.

Correct.  They have two issues:

- Independence

- Hating the Toaries/English (delete as applicable).

They also seem to have mistaken me for a Tory.  I actually don't care what happens to them.

Doctor FinnBarr
10 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Yes the UK has gone down the yank route but originally a Billion in the UK was 1,000,000 million. 

Jeez, not certain how I know when I leave just mega rich to being a billionaire, sleepless night ahead.

Pans Jambo
22 hours ago, frankblack said:

- Independence

They also seem to have mistaken me for a Tory.  I actually don't care what happens to them.

Who on here hates the English Frank?

Name them. 
Youre not a “Toarie” so why does someone “hating” them bother you do much? Unless youre not being entirely truthful about that. 

frankblack
5 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Who on here hates the English Frank?

Name them. 

If I did that I'd be getting thread ban.  One poster has been notable by their absence recently, though.

5 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Youre not a “Toarie” so why does someone “hating” them bother you do much? Unless youre not being entirely truthful about that. 

It doesn't bother me at all.  I just find the double standards about sleaze laughable at a time when one of yours just got convicted for embezzlement and something stinks badly from the Scottish Government about the Ferries scandal and disappearance/absence of paperwork.

Edited by frankblack

Unknown user

- Independence

Do you think it's an insult to say someone hates the Toaries? Call me a Toary hating separatist if you like, I'll toast your perceptive skills.

Hating the English though? Come on man ffs

Nucky Thompson

Everyone who hates the SNP is labeled a Tory on here.

So I just accept being a tory in the JKB World :whistling:

frankblack
Just now, Smithee said:

Do you think it's an insult to say someone hates the Toaries? Call me a Toary hating separatist if you like, I'll toast your perceptive skills.

Hating the English though? Come on man ffs

Plenty of examples of utter cretins on these independence marches with anti-English slogans.