Council elections 2022

New Town Loafer

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Smithee said:

The only way I read as angry is if you're sitting there scowling as you read it.

But hey ho, as I said, and you denied, you have a tendency to invoke imagined emotions to chip away at credibility.

You already said that . I ignored it the first time as well or paid no heed to it . I’m not angry at all . Actually I am more saddened that a thread descends into insults , threats of violence and everything in between just because some have been open and transparent about their voting intentions . 

• Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• maroonlegions

• Unknown user

• New Town Loafer

Unknown user
Just now, JamesM48 said:

You already said that . I ignored it the first time as well or paid no heed to it . I’m not angry at all . Actually I am more saddened that a thread descends into insults , threats of violence and everything in between just because some have been open and transparent about their voting intentions . 

You literally just did it James, accused me of anger when there's nothing to suggest it.

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, New Town Loafer said:

Good to see us all getting along so well.

😂😂😂😂 just say the magic “ T” word and it gets them in a tizzy . 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, New Town Loafer said:

Good to see us all getting along so well.

We can't all be SNP members planning to vote Tory and telling people about it.

New Town Loafer
Just now, Smithee said:

We can't all be SNP members planning to vote Tory and telling people about it.

A great bunch of lads. All...both of them.

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

😂😂😂😂 just say the magic “ T” word and it gets them in a tizzy . 

Mind you said you voted Yes. :rofl:

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, New Town Loafer said:

A great bunch of lads. All...both of them.

Least we are honest . Sadly these other types are stuck in their class roots I feel . Things more on . It’s not 1974 

Jambo-Jimbo
15 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Well who sold off Royal Mail ??

Tory/Lib coalition. 

Never met a decent Tory, they are a one party state for the high earners and the ritch, from a historical point that is beyond reproach 

Correct the remaining shares in Royal Mail were sold off by the Tory/Lib Dem coalition, however the poster was on about the Post Office (scandal), which is an entirely seperate company from Royal Mail and has been since around 2001 I believe.

The Post Office is a limited company entirely owned by the Government.

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Sorry bud, you've lost me. You posted a face palm to my last post. Cam Rose came up trumps on a local issue, he's representing our ward well. Just like I vote for Ian Murray because he helped us out a few years ago with some family stuff. Good local politicians, and I don't care which rosette they wear. You can shove all your party-based nonsense - they're all full of liars.

That’s too sensible thinking ,” aye but he’s a Tory like “ 

Edited by JamesM48

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Least we are honest . Sadly these other types are stuck in their class roots I feel . Things more on . It’s not 1974 

:rofl: Honest Tories. Boris is quite the bastion of truth and honor. And any ***** voting Tory are just giving him their blessing. 

New Town Loafer

Sorry bud, you've lost me. You posted a face palm to my last post. Cam Rose came up trumps on a local issue, he's representing our ward well. Just like I vote for Ian Murray because he helped us out a few years ago with some family stuff. Good local politicians, and I don't care which rosette they wear. You can shove all your party-based nonsense - they're all full of liars.

👍👍

Anyway, the SNP have their time. They don't produce the Indyref, it's time to burn the place down. 

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

:rofl: Honest Tories. Boris is quite the bastion of truth and honor. And any ***** voting Tory are just giving him their blessing. 

I meant me and the others who are considering voting Tory are stating it out loud our intentions 

New Town Loafer
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Anyway, the SNP have their time. They don't produce the Indyref, it's time to burn the place down. 

Make sure I'm inside x

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

:Agree:.

Quick, he'll cry bullying in a minute.

I know bullying when I read it . Nothin to suggest that as yet , just old fashioned intolerance and disrespect . 

maroonlegions
36 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Re read the thread and you will see . Then another poster says some other posters are “ scum “ . Unbelievable 

Aye but it aint me and i don endorse it.  There was an off topic insult directed at me, re dead that post. 

maroonlegions
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

It's ironic that the "g" word and is used pejoratively by the same folks who seem to get all hot and bothered by anyone straying from the SNP mantra. Football scarf politics by folk unable to have a discussion.

Same goes for the Tory spin doctors  see the thread More Tory Lies as an example, let him who is without sin cast the first stone and all that jazz.

Tories never like it up em or being reminded of the FACTS that this government is a one party state bordering on totalitarianism politics and denials .. That's even more ironic on a local and national level. 

maroonlegions
6 minutes ago, jonesy said:

It's ironic that the "g" word and is used pejoratively by the same folks who seem to get all hot and bothered by anyone straying from the SNP mantra. Football scarf politics by folk unable to have a discussion.

We can safely conclude that the Tories dont do "sensable" , look at their record since being in power?? 

maroonlegions

Must say that there is a local Labour councillor that has got a lot done in my constituency. He gets my vote.

maroonlegions
6 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Totally agree that all parties are up to no good. Even more reason to read what they spend a fair chunk of money and time producing, along with evidence of past behaviours, to make an informed decision about which candidate to vote for. Casting a vote based on a party, except perhaps in tactical situations for national elections, is pretty ignorant in this day and age.

Ignorant is the new modern Tory matra, same as denial ??

Lets ignore the fact that they squander billions on PPE contracts to their mates companies but its the ordinary  punter who gets shafter with obscene tax increases and brutal energy increases. Its all about the shareholder???  

Not having a go at you but just angry at just how so much out of touch they are. 

Edited by maroonlegions

maroonlegions
3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

As good a reason as any, ML 😀

:thumb:

Yip judge them on their actions and not their promises and words.

maroonlegions
6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Traitor's gate will be the biggest visiting attraction post independence.

Whats Douglass Ross"s take on that.

Edinburgh voters must be reminded of his protection of his leader in number 10.  COVID party gate should never be forgotten by those that lost love ones or could not visit them or say goodbye on their deathbeds. 

Edited by maroonlegions

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Extraordinary  god help those who voted no in the new Scotlandlia post Indy . So thank god it’s unlikely to happen . Very unlikely . I see a desolate landscape of intolerance and  hatred to those who don’t ascribe to the SNP manta . What hate filled speech really . 

Japan Jambo
4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Will it feature a selfie of Nicky next to Alex Salmond's head on a spike? Best not have the folks that are doing the ferries build it mind...

JudyJudyJudy
19 minutes ago, jonesy said:

It used to be "vote Labour or else" in my household growing up, and anyone who didn't was clearly a wrong 'un. It seems like the mentality has just shifted to SNP despite their patchy record.

In a nutshell ! It’s quite extraordinary how far down the rabbit hole they are about politics that they just stick the Tribal paths inherited from family mainly or their local community . Unable to look at the more holistic picture of politics and individual politicians . I wasn’t happy about voting Labour last year but did for reason I mentioned before and I’d still vote for Joanna cherry for west Minster too . Politicians of principle get my vote or those who help their constituents or communities . 

7 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Whats Douglass Ross"s take on that.

Edinburgh voters must be reminded of his protection of his leader in number 10.  COVID party gate should never be forgotten by those that lost love ones or could not visit them or say goodbye on their deathbeds. 

Douglas and Ruth will be the main attraction.

maroonlegions
3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Extraordinary  god help those who voted no in the new Scotlandlia post Indy . So thank god it’s unlikely to happen . Very unlikely . I see a desolate landscape of intolerance and  hatred to those who don’t ascribe to the SNP manta . What hate filled speech really . 

At the same time Boris and co must go.  

COVID party gate will never be forgotten i feel by voters up and down the country.

The reason why there is a surge in SNP votes is because folk up here the current Labour as a weak  challenge to the Tories here and down south. Boris and co and Ross are fueling a rise in Independence voters.. Its a own goal.  

maroonlegions

Transgender tartan unicorns have already won the tender to this one, JJ. Apparently they just fart out complete buildings when they're not otherwise engaged in pumping out free bus passes and prescriptions.

Did the Tory government not vote against  a fairer Transgender transparency ???#

Another own goal when it comes to the next UK GE.

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

At the same time Boris and co must go.  

COVID party gate will never be forgotten i feel by voters up and down the country.

The reason why there is a surge in SNP votes is because folk up here the current Labour as a weak  challenge to the Tories here and down south. Boris and co and Ross are fueling a rise in Independence voters.. Its a own goal.  

Agree re Boris going but disagree regarding surge in snp votes , yes to a degree they get free votes due to either the incompetence of the opposition or their sleaze , but mainly get the votes due to their main policy and certainly not their record in Govt 

Edited by JamesM48

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Talking about Ruth. Do Presbyterians now believe in the virgin birth 

Ah religion  now ! You really are  a parody 😂

JudyJudyJudy
10 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Transgender tartan unicorns have already won the tender to this one, JJ. Apparently they just fart out complete buildings when they're not otherwise engaged in pumping out free bus passes and prescriptions.

You forgot the free laptops , mind you so did the SNP 😂

maroonlegions

For me Britain remains a class ridden , class obsessed society.The Toffs in number 10 hold us little people with utter contempt but meanwhile a lot of brain dead people still remain in awe of charletons like Boris and Mogg , seeing them  as a sort of "apotheosis" of brilliant Englishness.. 

That to me is why the SNP are still the main party in Scotland.    

48 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I have sympathy with this rationale, I just have a red line, or rather thick blue one that I couldn't vote for the Tories. I'm certainly no one party man and have voted, Labour, Lib Dem, Green, SNP, independent in various elections in the past. I loathe partisan politics in terms of sticking with a party regardless of what they do, but just draw a line at a party who I believe have systematically eroded the welfare state and if someone wants to align with their platform then it's a no from me.

JudyJudyJudy
12 minutes ago, jonesy said:

No idea, ML.

Anyway, plenty of space for national party politics on the other threads. Let's go back - and I'm including myself in this - to making this about the local elections guys :) 

Agreed 

I'd imagine it takes a good while to wash the Tory off, after you vote for them. 

Edited by ri Alban

New Town Loafer
Just now, ri Alban said:

I'd imagine it takes a good while to wash the Tory off, after you vote for them. 

Why would you want to wash off victory? 👀

maroonlegions
Just now, jonesy said:

Totally get where you're coming from and remember, I still haven't been to the booth!

It is odd that seemingly 'good' people attach themselves to what many of us view as 'bad' parties. I guess it's how far the candidate outweighs the party in that situation. It's just so hard to find anyone worth voting for if you judge them based on their rhetoric, but when there is evidence of doing good for the community, it almost seals the deal for me.

The reason i will never vote Tory has nothing to do what they do for me or my constituency, that in my view is selfish politics. A Tory will toe the party line up here ..  I will stick with my party through thick and thin. I will leave those that sit on the fence to vote LIb Den, they go with that way anyway.  They are like the freeloaders jumping on any bandwagon to gain power or be in a popular gang.