Replacement for Soapy next season.....

ElGee1973

Jack Hendry anyone? Fallen down the pecking order at Clube Brugge. Young centre back who could maybe do a job? Thoughts.........

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• RustyRightPeg

• Rudy T

• johnking123

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought Police

I wouldn't be as against that as I would have been 18 months ago. Definitely think he has improved.

I'd like to also make a run at Findlay but he has a cushty life in America.

scott herbertson
8 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

Porto anyone?

Prefer a dry sherry

if you’re talking about the Hibs player , not Hearts class  

18 minutes ago, ElGee1973 said:

Jack Hendry anyone? Fallen down the pecking order at Clube Brugge. Young centre back who could maybe do a job? Thoughts.........

Whether he has fallen down the pecking order or not they will be wanting a few million to recuperate the money they spent last summer. 

Whilst he’s undoubtedly got better we will not be spending that money on any player but if we could I wouldn’t  be spending it on him.

Bazzas right boot
46 minutes ago, ElGee1973 said:

Funny enough I think I mentioned him 2 or 3 years ago. 

I got pelters on here. 

We'll sign someone quality to replace Souttar. Jack Hendry is decent and despite being out of favour, would still be out of our range financially as his club will be looking to recoup some of the fee spent on him. 

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Toby Sibbick will slot in there. You watch where we play him in pre-season friendlies.

Hope not. 

He's not good enough or ready to replace Souttar like for like. 

John Findlay
Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Hope not. 

There was a reason why we signed him.

A certain Steven Pressley was slaughtered when he first came to Hearts. Didn't turn out to badly for him.

Just a bit of patience required with Toby. Patience something alot of the modern day football supporter doesn't have.

Jambo in Bathgate
7 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

A certain Steven Pressley was slaughtered when he first came to Hearts. Didn't turn out to badly for him.

Just a bit of patience required with Toby. Patience something alot of the modern day football supporter doesn't have.

👍

south morocco
12 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I'm sure Pressley started at right back for us initially then moved into the centre once Weir left for Everton.

19 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Hope not. 

This means he is a cert.

30 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Same with Karipidis and Zaliukas although they were played in different positions before finding form

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Same with Karipidis and Zaliukas although they were played in different positions before finding form

Also Halkett. 

Bazzas right boot
34 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Nah, we can't replace our best players with 2-3 year projects types. 

We also don't have too. 

We can have projects run along side our main signings but if we replace our best with worse we go backwards. 

Moore?

Hasn't had a decent run in his natural position but appears to have played well at the weekend. 

Like Souttar and Halkett if given time he could grow into the player we need.

Don't need defenders when we have Barrie and Elis. 

We'll win every game 9-8

A_A wehatethehibs
8 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We also don't have too. 

We can have projects run along side our main signings but if we replace our best with worse we go backwards. 

Soapy was a project when we signed him, a project that never bore any fruit for us. Injured for 60-70% of his time here and ****s off on a free after one of 3 ten game purple patches he’s had in 6 years.

Toby is only 21-22, I’ve seen enough to warrant a bit of patience with him. He has adequately replaced Souttar already this season, yes a few wobbles and one car crash game at ibrox. But Souttars not played in 2 months and I don’t find myself particularly miss him. Actually feel he was a bit overrated based on his undoubted class in possession. Some of his defensive aspects are still lacking even today because he is not seasoned and dominant, he just has had too many interruptions in his career. So you say “our best players” but I don’t actually think he is one of our best players. Because he only averages 2 games out every 5 that’s been played since he joined us. How can you be one of your clubs best players when your body leaves you hardly able to string more than 10 games together. That flaw vastly outweighs any ability or talent. 

We have been wanting to get younger players in our 11, this is what it takes, you’ve got to be patient with the inexperience aspects particularly with defenders. I am quite interested to see how Sibbick gets on at RCB next season, I actually think he could be a really dominant force once he’s found his rhythm and got a bit more streetwise and added more aggression. I  think it’s more likely we see the bigger bucks spent on a LCB or LWB, an Igor Rossi maybe. 

The reality is there’s always projects at Hearts. Particularly if it’s a 21-22 year old player. 

Rick Sanchez

Composure goes a long way in Scottish football. Souttar and especially Kingsley are top notch. Kingsley doesn't shite himself when being closed down, he's happy to side step them and stride forward.

Halkett less so but great at defending and is 95% solid.

Moore still gives me a bit of the fear tbh. I'd want Souttar’s wage spent on better.

Heard we have been in talks re Ross Graham but wasn’t that impressed with him yesterday. Maybe he was trying too hard to impress but certainly left for dead a couple of times by Ginelly. 

26 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Moore?

Hasn't had a decent run in his natural position but appears to have played well at the weekend. 

Like Souttar and Halkett if given time he could grow into the player we need.

Moore hasn’t really impressed so far IMO, but he has these next few games against high level opposition to show Robbie and Savage something. 

In answer to the OP, I don’t think you replace Souttar. Certainly not like for like. Maybe an older head might be smarter with Sibbick as a sort of understudy filling in for him and Halkett? 

John Findlay
42 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We also don't have too. 

You are the perfect example of impatience.

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Who have our feeder club Everton got for us? 

Nobody hopefully their defence is utter humpty 

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Nobody hopefully their defence is utter humpty 

So are their strikers and midfielders…. But that’s worked out ok so far.

Edited by Rudy T

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

So are their strikers and midfielders…. But that’s worked out ok so far.

It was a joke mate. I’m aware that EPL players are a level above Hearts

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

You are the perfect example of impatience.

Pretty much the opposite Tbh, but replacing Souttar with Sibbick won't help us improve next season. 

IMO we'll sign another proven centre half anyway, I'd be surprised if Sibbick replaces Souttar like for like. 

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Composure goes a long way in Scottish football. Souttar and especially Kingsley are top notch. Kingsley doesn't shite himself when being closed down, he's happy to side step them and stride forward.

Halkett less so but great at defending and is 95% solid.

Moore still gives me a bit of the fear tbh. I'd want Souttar’s wage spent on better.

Sibbick to become this seasons Moore ( back up and to develop, probably still get 15-20 games and a new ch to replace Souttar. 

Gives us cover and hopefully improves us. 

Smith could also move into ch. 

10 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

It was a joke mate. I’m aware that EPL players are a level above Hearts

I know mate. If they want to pass on Richarlison or Calvert-Lewin we might find a place for them in the team….

Rick Sanchez
10 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Sibbick to become this seasons Moore ( back up and to develop, probably still get 15-20 games and a new ch to replace Souttar. 

Gives us cover and hopefully improves us. 

Smith could also move into ch. 

Sounds good to me 👍

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

Sounds good to me 👍

If I was Bob that would be my plan. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I know mate. If they want to pass on Richarlison or Calvert-Lewin we might find a place for them in the team….

That Richardson is jobbies. 

If he was Scottish he'd be running about kicking folk in the championship. 

Initially Moore done well. I remember the away game at Motherwell when we lost 2 nil he was awful and has been in & out the starting 11 ever since. A bit unfair tbh, both Souttar & Smith had shockers that game too. It coincided with losing Halkett. I wouldn't mind keeping a hold of Moore. He's a battler, never shirks a challenge and not afraid to stride forward with the ball. He's decent in the air and would like to see him beside Halkett for a few pre-season games. If Haring leaves as I think he will, Sibbick "might" be a solution in midfield & can also provide cover for Halkett in the middle at the back. Sibbick has looked a bit better in the centre and needs time to settle in. I would keep both, with a view to a big money signing if they don't work out. 

Well the nice thing is we actually have people in place that are far better informed when it comes to signing players for our club than most of the absolute numpties on here I will happily leave it to them 🤣

HeartsandonlyHearts
35 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Who have our feeder club Everton got for us? 

We could ask #!bs feeder club Brighton if they’d like us to help them again. 

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

We've been unlucky with injuries.

Before we sign anyone else and assuming Moore returns to Bristol, next season we'll have 5 centre halves - Smith, Halkett, Kingsley, Sibbick, Haring.  

While I think we will need another to cope with injury and European football, I hope we really go for an outstanding player; a real upgrade.  Maybe a development project too but I think that might be Sibbick.  

That's what building on this season, and the money we have brought ourselves, will feel like.

Smith and Sibbick will play there I expect.

Sibbick will be the long-term replacement at RCB but Smith will probably be used a fair bit for his experience over the next season.