Ratings Vs Dundee Hibs

Robbo51

I was very pleased to waken tthis morning to learn of such a good performance and result from a makeshift team.

8 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Which was it?

Well, given that everyone else has said he was decent. I would say that OldGorgie was talking 💩.

Not that difficult to figure out. Or had you not hit your question quota for the day?

Sub4TiddlerMurray

Gordon, McKay and Simms are ‘next level’ players and for that reason alone they deserve extra marks most games.

We have become so used to Gordon being brilliant and I guess that’s why some people score him a low 6. But, he made an outstanding save very early on and his quick throw out to Gino - for those reasons he is a 9. 

Similarly, McKay played two utterly brilliant passes, one with the outside of his boot to play in Boyce early on and the one for Simms’s goal - 9

Simms came on late in the game but his perfectly timed run to beat DU’s high line and his powerful left foot shot, similar to his right foot shot in the semi, prove he can score like that with both feet and sets him apart. Moments like this win games. As it did yesterday- a solid 9

Gino had a bug up his ass to prove something yesterday and he absolutely bossed DU. Being so fired up made him greedy, often shooting from distance when other options were available. But, his movement and control to pull Cochrane’s ball over the top down, take a touch and beat Siegrist (?) was outstanding. A 9 from me.

Haring was nutmegged in the lead up to Levitt’s outstanding goal for DU, but then settled and then took over the midfield. A couple of almost identical blocks to win possession stand out for me. His vision and passing were key to winning this game - 8

Moore was a very reliable - 7

Cochrane sold himself a couple of times (eg Levitt goal) but otherwise was very good. Also that fantastic ball up to Gino - 7

Woodburn had his best game for a while - 7

Akka had a bit of a mixed game. Lost possession a few times but also worked his ass off for the team - 7

GMS was posted missing for most of the game but did ok when he had the ball - 6

Boyce had a decent game. Good runs in behind, deft little reverse pass on the edge of the box and was in exactly the right place to chest the ball into the net - 7

Sibbick gives me a little bit of the fear after his nervy game against Hibs but the was no real need. Had a very assured performance at CB - 7

McEneff - 4

Wasn’t at the match - only seen the highlights. Some high marks for Natty on here but on Sportscene it looked like he was having a bit of a mare losing the ball a few times which led to chances for DU. I am still convinced that Natty would serve us better as a right winger of a 4-2-3-1 and Smith being more conservative at right back would give him licence to attack. We could also look to add Shaun Rooney into the mix for a free this summer meaning we have competition at RB and we in effect have a new RW signing. 

Watt-Zeefuik
On 25/04/2022 at 04:27, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Gino had a bug up his ass to prove something yesterday and he absolutely bossed DU. Being so fired up made him greedy, often shooting from distance when other options were available. But, his movement and control to pull Cochrane’s ball over the top down, take a touch and beat Siegrist (?) was outstanding. A 9 from me.

I have to think that given that he's been a bit goal shy in the past, he was on specific instructions from the coaches to "don't think, just shoot."

In the Scotsman interview he says he's been off pace because of a few bouts with COVID, which is understandable . . . except then he said he's not vaccinated. Come on, man . . . :jj_facepalm:

On 24/04/2022 at 20:23, Vlad Magic said:

You guys can tit n tattle about a rating all you want.

I prefer to think we have a group f players.

Collectively they were an 8.

I agree, apart from Sibbick and Woodburn who were gash

:D