• FarmerTweedy

• Rudy T

• Bazzas right boot

Portable Badger
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Easy information to find for those adept at Google searching

That’s me buggered then pal !!!

Percival King

Even if Everton do look to send him out on loan next season, we may not be the only option or the preferred option. Presumably the game time and success he's had up here thus far might work in our favour, plus he seems to like it at Hearts. But other clubs may be alerted to his potential availability on loan and Everton may find a club prepared to pay a larger chunk of his wages or a club at a higher level than the Premiership. I hope that's not the case as I'd like to see him return next season.

6 hours ago, Percival King said:

Even if Everton do look to send him out on loan next season, we may not be the only option or the preferred option. Presumably the game time and success he's had up here thus far might work in our favour, plus he seems to like it at Hearts. But other clubs may be alerted to his potential availability on loan and Everton may find a club prepared to pay a larger chunk of his wages or a club at a higher level than the Premiership. I hope that's not the case as I'd like to see him return next season.

Doubt any clubs playing 8 games in Europe other than us will be in for him.  That’s massive development/exposure. 
Can’t compete on % of fees paid but is that such an issue for Everton? 

JimmyCant
9 hours ago, Portable Badger said:

I’ll find it again and post it this morning in that case

1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Even if an offer of £1m is knocked back, what a notice of intent that would show from the club. 

Dog with bone, not happening, club is run properly now.

JimmyCant
10 hours ago, Portable Badger said:

So we have 2 deadlines for submitting our squad lists

7 days before our Europa league play off first leg which would be 11th August (tie on the 18th)

Then we have until 1st September to submit our group stage squad list (7 days before match day 1) so that’s the day after the transfer window slams shut

Also we can make two further additions after the deadlines providing we still comply with the 8 homegrown rule and don’t exceed 25 players total in List A and we’ve signed them correctly with the transfer window rules

JimmyCant
4 hours ago, Sid said:

Doubt any clubs playing 8 games in Europe other than us will be in for him.  That’s massive development/exposure. 
Can’t compete on % of fees paid but is that such an issue for Everton? 

No I don’t think the money we pay matters much to Everton. Look at it this way, they were happy enough to send him here this season and he’s been great for us, so that’s also good for them and good for the player. 

we’ve got to be an even better match for Simms now we’ve got European football. He likes it here, he’s settled and unless Everton want him as a first teamer next season, I’m sure we’ll get him for another year

2 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Dog with bone, not happening, club is run properly now.

That's only the money 💰 from the cup final that wouldn't have been budgeted for anyway. 

1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

That's only the money 💰 from the cup final that wouldn't have been budgeted for anyway. 

Aye whatever, days of Hearts paying that figure are gone, I think 500k for shanks is a stretch, but we will see.

We’ve done ourselves no harm with the Simms, Woodburn and Cochrane loans. We’ve given them game time and Simms and Cochrane have certainly flourished here. Will give other EPL teams the confidence to send their better fringe players here. 

Im fairly sure there’s plenty as good as Simms at these teams desperate for experience and with the lure of Europe we may see some really exciting players supplementing the first team next year.  

34 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Aye whatever, days of Hearts paying that figure are gone, I think 500k for shanks is a stretch, but we will see.

Can't get excited about paying anything for him 🙄 

Bazzas right boot
47 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

We’ve done ourselves no harm with the Simms, Woodburn and Cochrane loans. We’ve given them game time and Simms and Cochrane have certainly flourished here. Will give other EPL teams the confidence to send their better fringe players here. 

Im fairly sure there’s plenty as good as Simms at these teams desperate for experience and with the lure of Europe we may see some really exciting players supplementing the first team next year.  

Yip, being in Europe should mean we can get better loan players as well. 

JimmyCant
13 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

How many goals do you think simms could score next season??

He’ll easy get 20 plus if he stays fit and plays most games.

21 hours ago, Portable Badger said:

Assuming we do get him loaned back to us and the timing you state would we be able to name Simms in our European squad??   Do the European games not start in July and 25 man squads announced prior?

Our qualifier is pencilled in for August, we'll be able to make changes after it prior to the group stage I'm certain

JimmyCant
17 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Our qualifier is pencilled in for August, we'll be able to make changes after it prior to the group stage I'm certain

1st leg qualifier 18th august. We have to name the squad list for that on or about 11th August, however we can add Simms after that, right up to the 17th if we don’t get it tied up by the 11th.

Group stage squad lists are 1st September so we’ll need Simms signed up by them as the window would be shut the day before that in any case.

we’d want it tied up long before those deadlines though, ideally before pre-season training, as we’ll have to get another striker in of similar or better quality if we’re not getting Simms and you don’t want to be scratching about for one close to the window shutting 

Edited by JimmyCant

Portable Badger
20 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

So we have 2 deadlines for submitting our squad lists

7 days before our Europa league play off first leg which would be 11th August (tie on the 18th)

Then we have until 1st September to submit our group stage squad list (7 days before match day 1) so that’s the day after the transfer window slams shut

Also we can make two further additions after the deadlines providing we still comply with the 8 homegrown rule and don’t exceed 25 players total in List A and we’ve signed them correctly with the transfer window rules

You’re a star Jimmy - many thanks indeed for this

1 hour ago, Section Q said:

That would suggest that if he wants to stay with us it would cost us plenty.  And we could well lose out to a better offer.

Sounds to me like he's off.  If so, I hope he recovers from his niggling injury and signs off with a cup final goal or two and winners medal.

5 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

That would suggest that if he wants to stay with us it would cost us plenty.  And we could well lose out to a better offer.

Sounds to me like he's off.  If so, I hope he recovers from his niggling injury and signs off with a cup final goal or two and winners medal.

That’s a fan written opinion piece. 

No quotes or sources. Just what the author thinks should happen. 

As above, they’ve got about eight strikers ahead of him. 

The article is self contradictory. It says he should both stay and needs lots of game time. Both won’t happen. The boy also doesn’t have to worry about budget. 

i think the guy just fancied writing about something other than relegation struggles for a bit. 

i wish jj was my dad

If Lampard stays at Everton he will be looking for higher profile strikers than Ellis. 

2 hours ago, CMc said:

That’s a fan written opinion piece. 

No quotes or sources. Just what the author thinks should happen. 

As above, they’ve got about eight strikers ahead of him. 

The article is self contradictory. It says he should both stay and needs lots of game time. Both won’t happen. The boy also doesn’t have to worry about budget. 

i think the guy just fancied writing about something other than relegation struggles for a bit. 

I can take articles seriously that say things like this:

As per Wyscout, Simms has the tenth highest expected goals per 90 in the Scottish Premiership with 0.56.

By that statistic, Simms should have a goal every other game and be on eight goals instead of four.

They reduce players to robots - it's utterly moronic.

Dick Dastardly

Is that not the same site that claimed our manager was Graeme Alexander? They know heehaw

A_A wehatethehibs
35 minutes ago, briever said:

I can take articles seriously that say things like this:

They reduce players to robots - it's utterly moronic.

There are many things you can say about it, but moronic is not a word you can use when it comes to advanced statistics. You or I can say “Ellis should have more goals” as our opinion. But the xg is not an opinion it’s a measurement. It’s proof.

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

There are many things you can say about it, but moronic is not a word you can use when it comes to advanced statistics. You or I can say “Ellis should have more goals” as our opinion. But the xg is not an opinion it’s a measurement. It’s proof.

Proof?  OK, look at Boyce post break - the XG will no doubt be screaming he should be scoring xyz but Neilson has him playing a different role in the team, when Ellis is on he's not the primary striker.  

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, briever said:

Proof?  OK, look at Boyce post break - the XG will no doubt be screaming he should be scoring xyz but Neilson has him playing a different role in the team, when Ellis is on he's not the primary striker.  

The xg is simply a measurement / calculation of a number of factors, such as the number of chances he has had, the quality of those chances, and therefore the number of goals he should be scoring. 

If a striker is below his xg it’s shown he’s not doing as well as he could be. This will be how big Ellis feels at the moment. He will know he could really be close to double figures based on some big chances he has missed, he won’t need the xg to tell him that. I pointed out some big ones in the last derby at ER. And that to me is why, watch the venom he puts into his strike vs Hibs at Hampden. He knows he can and should be doing better. The big man IMO will deliver a double in the final.   

If he is in line with his xg he is playing well and doing his job.

If he is above his xg then he is in outstanding form and big teams will be in for him.

It’s taking the same information you see with your own eyes, writing it down and documenting it. And sometimes it actually proves wrong what you see. That’s why people do it.

Anyway a striker having an xg of 0.5 indicates the team is creating a good amount of chances for him. That’s a striker who should have a 1 in 2 strike rate if he was a bit more clinical with his chances.

• 7 months later...
1 minute ago, Peakybunnet said:

Looks like Everton have recalled him from Sunderland. Best of luck big man. 

One of the few times a loan has really worked. Coming to us he was raw, not streetwise, and wasn’t fully confident. He learnt big style! Went to Sunderland and took the learning to another level. Really pleased for him with the jambos playing a massive part in his development 

Naisys Tackle
9 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

Looks like Everton have recalled him from Sunderland. Best of luck big man. 

Last throw of the dice for Frank.  Likely Lampard sacked soon and Ellis will get lack of games instead of firing Sunderland up.

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Famous 1874 said:

Chuck the European profit at Everton 

That could have possibly worked if Sunderland was sending him back for being not good enough.  He's way above our level now.

Sunderland fans were slating him during the week despite him getting a goal. A summary of the criticism was that he's a bit of a donkey but he scores. It didn't help that he contributed to them losing a goal due to a poor touch.

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Heard a rumour it’s due to an upcoming transfer. We may see him up north soon just not in maroon!

That not more likely to be Stewart?

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Heard a rumour it’s due to an upcoming transfer. We may see him up north soon just not in maroon!

Rangers are more interested in Ross Stewart if reports are anything to go by . 

Fab Romano is saying it’s so he can be involved in the first team. Everton are tragically short of goals at the moment. Why not give him a chance if he’s been doing it in the Champ. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

He has been very impressive at Sunderland, probably even more so than with us.

On a rapid upward curve, I reckon he will be getting game time, whether successful or not depends on that trajectory heading further forward 

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Love ellis.  I don’t think he will play at Everton though. Wouldn’t be great at all if he ends up at the hun

He’s literally going straight into their squad for Brighton on Tuesday. Nothing about a transfer other than someone on here saying it’s a rumour. 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

He’s literally going straight into their squad for Brighton on Tuesday. Nothing about a transfer other than someone on here saying it’s a rumour. 

If he plays then he can't play for another team this season. 

Glamorgan Jambo

He's done the business with us in the SPFL, with Sunderland who amazingly enough are pushing for automatic promotion from the championship so the next test for him is in the EPL. And judging from Everton's league position he will be straight into the squad and maybe even the team. Good luck to him. (Is  a bit injury prone though)