Ellis Simms

pointon

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Re a RB - unless we have serious concerns about Smith’s injuries we don’t need cover there. Smith and NA with Sibbick as an option if required is more than enough.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JimmyCant

• FarmerTweedy

• Rudy T

• Bazzas right boot

51 minutes ago, Maroonhio said:

It's hard to know exactly what sort of a fee a club like Everton would put on him. I've really got no idea these days what a laddie like him is worth. Has anyone got a clue?

And as I suggested earlier. the better he plays for us in the remaining games, tthe higher his value will be - shooting ourselves in the foot.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
21 hours ago, Baxfee said:

One thing going in our favour is Scottish league is seen as complete garbage. Might underestimate how much he is improving! 

By fans down there maybe. Most people involved in football know it's actually a reasonable standard.

1 hour ago, Maroonhio said:

It's hard to know exactly what sort of a fee a club like Everton would put on him. I've really got no idea these days what a laddie like him is worth. Has anyone got a clue?

Couldn't say exactly but having just signed a 3 year deal in November plus the fact he's young, home grown, English & done well on loan for 2 clubs now it'll be a 7 figure sum minimum.

2 hours ago, AGoodLaugh said:

Which one of you was it logging into the Everton forum to ask about Ellis halfway through the Merseyside Derby? 😂

Screenshot_20220425-125604.png

Screenshot_20220425-125621.png

:rofl:

2 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Couldn't say exactly but having just signed a 3 year deal in November plus the fact he's young, home grown, English & done well on loan for 2 clubs now it'll be a 7 figure sum minimum.

Yes, I would think they could comfortably expect to achieve a minimum of £2million for him were they to sell.

Our best chance is a loan for a further year.

Batistuta87
25 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Yes, I would think they could comfortably expect to achieve a minimum of £2million for him were they to sell.

Market value on Transfermrkt is under £300k so you'd think we could pay that for someone who will be a key player for us for a couple of years, but would we get him for that or would his price be vastly inflated like the Solankes etc that have gone for millioins...

Robbie has been in today's papers saying we're trying to get him back on loan again next season and doesn't mention even thinking about buying him. It doesn't look like they're going to need him unless they go down and lose a couple of their current strikers. Genuinely don't think they will go down though and that they'd get through the playoffs if they end up there. But anyway, as it stands they've got:

Richardlison

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Solomon Rondon

Cenk Tosun

Moise Kean (although expected to leave)

Lewis Dobbin (although not as good as Simms)

Nathan Broadhead (ditto)

.... Who can all play up front. They're also being linked with signing Mitchy Batshuayi. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Just now, Martin_T said:

Definitely, the money getting thrown about down there is silly. Liverpool sold that Rhian Brewster to Sheffield Utd this season for £23.5m based on 20 odd games in the championship and a hattrick in a friendly against Accrington Stanley. If someone offered Everton 1/10 of that we'd be done.

On the plus side Everton (and others) well see that Simms development with us has been a success.  The downside is that we have probably priced ourselves out the market for him as his value has no doubt increased beyond our budget.

Back to the plus side, hopefully Everton and other top clubs down south will see the benefit of using Hearts as a stepping stone for developing good quality players that could make the grade longer term in the EPL.  This would mean getting good quality young players with a future as opposed to getting guys that have no chance of being kept on at the end of their contracts like those that we have had in the passed.

Bazzas right boot

Getting a relationship with clubs from  the areas of Liverpool and upwards makes sense. 

IMO Players more likley to move as well, as opposed to clubs down in the deep south where they have lots of options to stay around there and are more likley see a move to Scotland as akin to trekking around the  Artctic.

Captain Scarlett

Everton are going nowhere soon .If they do get relegated for the first time then it will be a shame ( no affiliation) I would think the big earners will be sold obviously money will be a lot tighter but having been in the top league forever whatever it may have been called I think Everton must’ve spent a lot on Wages to some pretty average players (Romanov anyone?) and they have been punching above their weight for a long time. A good side in the 80’s but Generally the Hibs of Liverpool. Yes the clubs in England get a “parachute” payment but not enough to pay for top class players which is why the EPL is just waiting for the same clubs to go/come up or down WBA /Fulham etc.Relegated clubs will always have to cut their cloth and their budget for wages will show this so endeth the “big” players and clubs will rely on the other squad members. Simms is in this category.

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Re a RB - unless we have serious concerns about Smith’s injuries we don’t need cover there. Smith and NA with Sibbick as an option if required is more than enough.

That's good, because I don't really see Simms as a right back.

1 hour ago, suds66 said:

Feck sake, "Hearts Of Midlothian" and Graham Alexander.

Bloody amateur reporting.🙄

Would not expect anything less from John Terrys Toffeeston

Unknown user

Just reading on dotnet that Jack Ross confirmed they'd tried to sign him but he's got injured, and that they were in for him again in the summer but he chose Hearts.

One of life's good guys is big Ellis.

6 hours ago, Smithee said:

Just reading on dotnet that Jack Ross confirmed they'd tried to sign him but he's got injured, and that they were in for him again in the summer but he chose Hearts.

One of life's good guys is big Ellis.

Hopefully Robbie plays him from the start in the remaining games. I don't want him losing his form.

Simms says he wants to stay and he likes it here. I know loan players always say it but I believe him.

Considering its his career, he will hopefully have quite a bit of sway on what happens next.

If we look to make one big purchase with our European money then this is it.

DalryJambo
On 25/04/2022 at 10:29, I P Knightley said:

Good post.

I have no data to hand so this is just gut feeling but how many players at any level have been loaned out (for whatever reason) and then come back to set the heather alight for their parent club? My guess is that it's very few and that a 'successful' loan is one that leads to a transfer from the parent club to a lower club, whether that's the loanee club (i.e. Hearts) or another that sits below the level of the parent club.

In short, if we don't take Simms (either with a loan extension or a permanent deal), I think it likely that Everton would be looking to ship him to a championship club.

Europe's the real fly in the ointment. If we had Simms up until Christmas, it could only do good things for his market value. But, ultimately, if he's let go by Everton, he (or his agent/family) should be weighing up the realistic prospects for his career earnings.

Hearts can't affHearts can't afford to pay championship wages.ord to pay championship wages. If we were to do so for Simms, there would be half a dozen other players knocking on the door to ask for similar. Like it or not, these guys are out to coin in as much as they can over a period of about 14 years. It's a job and, much like many jobs, unless you're truly exceptional, you have to put up with drudgery.

Interesting point about Championship wages.  What's our current budget and what do people think our target budget would be in, lets say, 3-5 years?

So I'm sure we will have a business plan in place to increase revenue by x or y over time. If our budget is currently £8m (guessing) are we targeting double that in the future?

Might be an interesting question to ask the club at one of the q and a session, if they happen again.

Doubling the budget whilst focusing on quality over quantity, as has been achieved in the last few transfer windows, could be incredibly powerful for us.

upgotheheads

2021-2022 Championship Player Salaries | Capology: Football Salaries & Finances

2021-2022 Eredivisie Player Salaries | Capology: Football Salaries & Finances

This just shows what teams outside of England are up against, but as Simms already has a secure salary, and he will have some say in his next loan appointment, he might fancy the opportunity to make his name in Europe for the sake of his future prospects, there won't be any English Championship players in European competitions next year.

Our  biggest problem might be that Everton get relegated (likely) and they need to get rid of their most expensive players and keep Simms.

The money in English football, lots of it generated from some very dubious sources, is a cancer in the game.

41 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

This just shows what teams outside of England are up against, but as Simms already has a secure salary, and he will have some say in his next loan appointment, he might fancy the opportunity to make his name in Europe for the sake of his future prospects, there won't be any English Championship players in European competitions next year.

Our  biggest problem might be that Everton get relegated (likely) and they need to get rid of their most expensive players and keep Simms.

The money in English football, lots of it generated from some very dubious sources, is a cancer in the game.

If Everton get relegated there will be a lot of pressure on them to go straight back up so they're probably more likely to want to keep the top players that give them that chance and offload fringe players. 

1 hour ago, Firefox said:

If Everton get relegated there will be a lot of pressure on them to go straight back up so they're probably more likely to want to keep the top players that give them that chance and offload fringe players. 

The top players, ( DCL and Richarlason ?), may not want to play in the Championship, and may well push for a move despite whatever length of contract they are on.

Seen it happen before. If Everton refuse, then the club have the prospect of an unhappy played on their hands, especially if there has been interest from Premier League teams.

Personally think that we have a better chance of keeping Simms if Everton stay up.

TyphoonJambo
42 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Good result today for the keeping Simms campaign!

Cmon the toffees!!!!

JimmyCant
47 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Did I imagine Richarlison throwing an activated flare back into the crowd or did that actually happen ?

4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Did I imagine Richarlison throwing an activated flare back into the crowd or did that actually happen ?

Just saw it on the news, crazy but no one seems to bothered about it.

Dagger Is Back
50 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Was quite an unbelievably reckless thing to do. Amazed that the commentators didn’t mention it.

FA now investigating. 

Edited by Dagger Is Back

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

Yup, if they stay up he's more likely to stay with us.

On 25/04/2022 at 14:50, JamboAl said:

And as I suggested earlier. the better he plays for us in the remaining games, tthe higher his value will be - shooting ourselves in the foot.

A hat trick to win us the cup and he will go with our blessing back to Everton.

4 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

If were me I would offer £1m as I believe it would be a good investment.

His salary will be an issue not just a transfer fee. No chance he’ll give up an EPL salary to join us on a perm this season.

3 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

His salary will be an issue not just a transfer fee. No chance he’ll give up an EPL salary to join us on a perm this season.

image.thumb.png.d9b18608608fb0de2ca9290e4d4f4495.png

Bazzas right boot

He extended it, so that is wrong. 

Absolute Scenes

We could treble that no problem. 3.5k a week is money well spent IMO

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

He extended it, so that is wrong. 

So, what’s his current salary if I may ask?

1 minute ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

So, what’s his current salary if I may ask?

He’s contracted until 2024 with Everton. Who knows his salary but by comparison Woodburn is on 12K a week.

FarmerTweedy
7 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

His contract is till 2024 and I believe Savage said at Monday's FoH meeting that his wages are well above what we could afford. 

2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

He’s contracted until 2024 with Everton. Who knows his salary but by comparison Woodburn is on 12K a week.

1 minute ago, FarmerTweedy said:

His contract is till 2024 and I believe Savage said at Monday's FoH meeting that his wages are well above what we could afford. 

Thanks for that, time will tell. 

Gorgie_Rules

Whether he will stay another year will mostly come down to the player imo. If he genuinely wants to stay I think its likely to happen, himself and his agent could easily convince Everton that it would be best for him.

I personally think he’ll fancy another challenge though, likely an English Championship club who will assure him starts next season.

13 hours ago, Sertse said:

Simms says he wants to stay and he likes it here. I know loan players always say it but I believe him.

Considering its his career, he will hopefully have quite a bit of sway on what happens next.

If we look to make one big purchase with our European money then this is it.

I believe him too due to thoughts on playing Europa games.

FarmerTweedy
2 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Whether he will stay another year will mostly come down to the player imo. If he genuinely wants to stay I think its likely to happen, himself and his agent could easily convince Everton that it would be best for him.

I personally think he’ll fancy another challenge though, likely an English Championship club who will assure him starts next season.

I think European football would be enough to lure him back ahead of a loan to an English Championship club. I think the things that would put him off would be if a Championship club came in for him on a permanent deal that offered him good money and long term security, or if Everton told him they actually wanted him involved with their first team squad (obviously not likely to be a regular starter) next season. 

The other risk would be that Everton decide they don't want to loan him back to us, either because another club will cover more of his wages, or because Everton themselves think the Championship would be a more demanding test for him, and that his development needs that further step up.

Let’s be honest he is great for Hearts but will struggle to make it in the PL in the next year or so

Everton will just see potential and will loan him out to see if he can achieve that and if not it’s a small investment 

best thing for everyone is a loan for another with a view to a permanent deal and % sell on

1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I think European football would be enough to lure him back ahead of a loan to an English Championship club. I think the things that would put him off would be if a Championship club came in for him on a permanent deal that offered him good money and long term security, or if Everton told him they actually wanted him involved with their first team squad (obviously not likely to be a regular starter) next season. 

The other risk would be that Everton decide they don't want to loan him back to us, either because another club will cover more of his wages, or because Everton themselves think the Championship would be a more demanding test for him, and that his development needs that further step up.

Money talks - he will be off to a Championship side if given the chance! 🤷‍♂️

JimmyCant
4 hours ago, salvo69 said:

Let’s be honest he is great for Hearts but will struggle to make it in the PL in the next year or so

Everton will just see potential and will loan him out to see if he can achieve that and if not it’s a small investment 

best thing for everyone is a loan for another with a view to a permanent deal and % sell on

Its a no brainer all round to loan him for another year.

1. We get to keep a striker ordinarily out of our reach. We don’t have to hunt for someone as good. We don’t have to splash big money.

2. Simms, at a vital age, gets a whole season of first team football at a high level, including European group stages. He gets more time at a club and in a league that suits him, so no settling period elsewhere.

3. Everton still hold his contract after a year and if he is ready then, they win out if it, which is the whole

point of sending a player out on loan

Edited by JimmyCant

Kennyfragg13

We could pay a transfer fee and pay it up like sevco did with Kent if they wanted say 3 -4 million

10 minutes ago, Kennyfragg13 said:

We could pay a transfer fee and pay it up like sevco did with Kent if they wanted say 3 -4 million

There's no way we will be paying £4 million for anyone, installments or not. 

Our record transfer is still under £1 million, and that was back in 2006. 

Kalamazoo Jambo
7 minutes ago, tian447 said:

There's no way we will be paying £4 million for anyone, installments or not. 

Our record transfer is still under £1 million, and that was back in 2006. 

Forgetting the transfer fee, we can’t afford his wages (or if we could, it would trash our wage structure). I’d love us to sign him, but just can’t see anything other than a loan continuation at best.

Section Q
On 01/05/2022 at 18:36, upgotheheads said:

Our wage bill.

https://salarysport.com/football/scottish-championship/heart-of-midlothian/