Ellis Simms

pointon

Rocky jamboa
11 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Should have said tongue planted firmly in cheek. I just think the price will be too high. Maybe if we get him on loan and we consolidate our grip on third along with a money spinning run in Europe, it might be time to splash some cash. I am not a fan of spending cash that we don’t have. 

Totally agree with that. Don't want to go back to the romanov years. However, with the £1m or so we've made from the cup semi and final, plus apparently a guaranteed £3m from European involvement until Xmas, on top of likely increased season ticket sales, we do have the cash at the moment so a good time to invest and build on what we have.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JimmyCant

• FarmerTweedy

• Rudy T

• Bazzas right boot

merseyjambo

I’d be tempted to do a buy back option for a set fee.

Buy him for 500k or something like that with a 750k buy back option.

If they don’t want him,  then they get a % of sell on.

We can speculate all we want.

The bottom line is in Savage we have a chap who has the skills to somehow make this happen.

We wouldn’t have had a sniff in years gone by.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Liverpool just scored, Everton in trouble now. I hope they don't keep Simms now.

I have a feeling he'll not be with us next season.

If he continues in the same vein as the last 3 or 4 games, Everton will be re-evaluating his worth for their 1st team and other clubs with greater resources (than us) will be looking very seriously at taking him on.

Definitely should be trying to keep him for next season. Superb player that seems to be improving every week. Him and McKay seem to be on the same wavelength and what a combination they make. We’ve got the makings of a cracking side for next season and Simms would be a huge part of that. I’ve got every faith in Savage and Neilson that they can make it happen. Another big factor is the fact Simms seems to be really enjoying being with us just now too. Fingers crossed. 

colinmaroon
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

I have a feeling he'll not be with us next season.

If he continues in the same vein as the last 3 or 4 games, Everton will be re-evaluating his worth for their 1st team and other clubs with greater resources (than us) will be looking very seriously at taking him on.

You'll be getting accused of being the grim reaper with that sensible post.

I would love to have him but I think I'll just have to settle for him destroying Rangers in the Final.

30 minutes ago, stan said:

If Everton have no plans to play him, then I'd expect they'd be very happy for him to play regularly at Hearts, gaining experience and exposure. His market value to them is enhanced by his performances at Hearts.

I'd be surprised if they pull him only to loan him somewhere else when it is working well for all parties at the moment.

Exposure in Europe too 

colinmaroon
21 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

In a perfect world Everton sign Hickey and in return for our sell on fee we get Simms on a 3 year deal for fk all. 😁

I like that!

colinmaroon

In a perfect world Everton sign Hickey and in return for our sell on fee we get Simms on a 3 year deal for fk all. 😁

I like that!

51 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

We should at least ask the question. My Everton supporting pal was gobsmacked we signed Beni, he was highly rated, you never know. 

I agree that another year on loan is most likely though. 

My Everton mates too

colinmaroon

I like that!

2 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

I like that!

But how? I'm assuming he has an agent saying to him your value is £0.5m to £0.75m per year. How are we going to give him the ten grand plus a week that he's worth in the market? Hope I'm wrong and he signs on with us, but genuinely can't see it.

jamtartan74
33 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Thats the question that is nothing in England, they could want millions for him.

Oh I know, but I doubt they will want millions, obviously his current form will make things trickier financially but I think he is worth spending a chunk on if we can do a deal. 

SM Sheffield

There will be English Championship clubs with far bigger budgets than us looking at Simms for next season. Possibly even Everton might use him in the Championship.

I said it when we signed him but we need to enjoy having him whilst we do. Our chances of even a loan next season are probably very slim.

airdriejambo3

I believe Hearts have also enquired about the availability of a familiar full back on loan for next year from Everton, we seem to be building a solid relationship with them so who knows. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, pointon said:

We have a proper centre forward for the first time in years at least try and get him 

Ofc we will. 

The fact we have already gotten him is testament to that. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Imaman said:

2-0 Liverpool goodbye Ellis Simms

Tbh, I don't think Everton where ever  getting a result today. 

37 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

I’d be tempted to do a buy back option for a set fee.

Buy him for 500k or something like that with a 750k buy back option.

If they don’t want him,  then they get a % of sell on.

Not a chance they’d sell him for that imo. He’s contracted til 2024 having just re-signed before coming to us & is very, very highly rated by them.

If they stay up we might get another loan, otherwise enjoy him for the next few weeks because we aint going to be able to afford him

Edited by boag1874

kingantti1874

I certainly think that Sverton going down doesn’t improve our chances.. however, they will want to ensure an instant return and may go for a known quantity..

we should offer Everton £1.5m of the £5m we are about to earn.. he’s 21.  We will make it back and some so is a worthwhile investment..

it probably won’t work but we can try

Ok, reverse the situation.

Imagine we have a player out on loan in the (Scottish) Championship really making an impression. 

Two responses: get him back now, or he's found his level, let him go to whoever.

How many loan players have ever come back, and been a hit?

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, boag1874 said:

Not a chance they’d sell him for that imo. He’s contracted til 2024 having just re-signed before coming to us, is very, very highly rated by them & they paid £4.3 million to sign him.

If they stay up we might get another loan, otherwise enjoy him for the next few weeks because we aint going to be able to afford him

£4.3million? When was that

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

£4.3million? When was that

Misread, my apologies, was a rumoured release clause 

26 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

You'll be getting accused of being the grim reaper with that sensible post.

I would love to have him but I think I'll just have to settle for him destroying Rangers in the Final.

My hope is that he loves the club so much and sees time is on his side that he stays for another season, even if it is another loan.

Failing that, that lad Kane at Spurs might be worth an enquiry.😀

Rick Sanchez

Everton can do down, sell Richarlison, and sign a 15-20m striker just for the Championship. The money is crazy down there.

It could help if they want to cut costs.

13 minutes ago, SM Sheffield said:

There will be English Championship clubs with far bigger budgets than us looking at Simms for next season. Possibly even Everton might use him in the Championship.

I said it when we signed him but we need to enjoy having him whilst we do. Our chances of even a loan next season are probably very slim.

IF we can get anywhere near championship level wages he’d be nuts to choose a Cardiff etc over us.  

A pretty poor league, 46 games of drudgery compared to Scottish cup finals and Europe. 

If Everton are relegated doesn’t necessarily mean we can’t keep Simms. 

Reckon they will go after someone who is proven at that level to get them straight back up 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, GBJambo said:

Reckon they will go after someone who is proven at that level to get them straight back up 

This.

Arthur Morgan

Please stay up Everton 🤞🏻 I wanted them relegated but hope they stay up to increase our chances of keeping Simms! 

1 hour ago, jamboozy said:

How’s that TRM? Genuinely interested, not moving to Hamilton 😜

Must be still due us from selling them the Golden Vision 

indianajones

Simms might not be the answer to Evertons championship woes in all honesty. I'd imagine they would have to invest a fair amount to ensure instant promotion. He may only be a squad player at best.

He seems happy here too which means a lot. 

If they go down they’ll be fecked by FFP AND desperate to get back up first time. 

Whilst relly release clauses might help them in a way to shift some of their deadwood, they certainly wouldn’t just start the season with a striker who came 3rd in the SPFL. 

The worry would be him being seen as cheap cover. 

However, there is another striker around his age who I think we were linked with in their U23 team who is rated more highly IIRC. 

56 minutes ago, airdriejambo3 said:

I believe Hearts have also enquired about the availability of a familiar full back on loan for next year from Everton, we seem to be building a solid relationship with them so who knows. 

NP?

Listening to the sky pundits on the Everton game Everton will need a root and branch change at the club to fix the inherent problems recruitment being one of them. Spent a lot of money and got nothing from it. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Imaman said:

Listening to the sky pundits on the Everton game Everton will need a root and branch change at the club to fix the inherent problems recruitment being one of them. Spent a lot of money and got nothing from it. 

chasing glory the wrong way. Throwing money at it and signing the wrong characters ..

I'm certain we will get him again next season. But if continues to get better and Everton stay up, face it, Simms wants to be playing at the very top (of the EPFL). We wont ve able to afford/tempt him. As much as i really like him.

Carl Fredrickson

IIRC Beni and Simms were highly thought of by David Unsworth having come through youth/reserve teams that he managed/coached.

IF (big IF) Frank is still there next season I am unsure if he will be looking at Simms as their centre forward. If they stay up he will be after players for the EPL and if they go down, he will be after players who will be an instant hit in the Championship as I dont think they can afford more than one season in the Championship. 

Re his wages, on the previous Simms thread a few folk had posted the salary that he was meant to be on and it was nowhere near as high as I though he would be. 

I am a glass half full kind of person (though friends and family may argue that) and I am hopeful that Savage can do a deal of some kind. 

I guess when a loan is arranged there’s a discussion on “if we would like to keep”.

Announce a 4 year deal please Hearts.

Imagine the scenes.

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, GBJambo said:

Most likely, yes. 👍  They'll surely be looking at experienced strikers (English or foreign) to get themselves back up asap.   Can't see them suddenly handing  ES the number 9 jersey.    Anyway, we can develop him much better than they can, thanks to an 8-game Euro adventure  :jambobanana: