Jamie Walker

red

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, i8hibsh said:

Jamie Walker is better than Liam Boyce.

There, I said it.

Jamie Walker is a left winger who can’t run so has tried and so far failed to convert to #10. He is selfish and does not provide assists. He does not work hard enough defensively and players ghost past him. Cant compete physically. Can’t tackle or press. Boyce on the other hand is a CF who yes, fluffs some big chances. But he can compete physically with CBs and can press and defend, and can hold possession up. As a comparison you might as well compare Walker to Toby Sibbick or Craig Gordon. Completely and utterly different player with a different role. Bizarre comparison.

You’re not seriously about to tell me with a straight face you’d have Walker playing up front on his own where Boyce has played basically all his time at Hearts 😂 Jamie would get battered from pillar to post up front, physically ragdolled and be posted missing week in week out 

For the record we do need to replace Boyce. With a better CF. Not Walker. 

5 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

It's kind of obvious that Robbie and him did not see eye to eye, as no doubt better option for a goal than GMS and Gino, never realised his scoring record to appearances was so good, best of luck from me, a good lad.

“see eye to eye” do you think he’s the managers equal or something?? 😂 Robbie has launched about 20 odd dead wood relegation players from Wighton to Clare to Berra since he joined the club in summer 2020, Robbie inherited a steaming pile of dog shite of a squad. Nothing personal toward Jamie but over the 3 years he’s been here, he is firmly in that pile of Levein era garbage alongside Lee and Irving etc plus a dozen+ others that needed cleared out which Neilson has done in due course. And unlike the likes of Halkett and Haring he has not bucked up his ideas, and started offering more. 

And a “better” option than GMS - a left footed player who does a completely different job in terms of his squad role. No idea why folk compare him to GMS.  Jamie is not Left footed. It’s like saying Atkinson is a better left back than Cochrane. He’s not left sided. It’s a fundamentally different attribute GMS offers. I would agree by the way, we definitely do need to replace GMS. With a better left footed player who can do more for the team in that role when we play a system that needs a left footed player in there, a Skacel or Driver level. Not Walker 😂

There are 2 players in our squad, with whom you can directly compare Jamie Walker:  - Ben Woodburn who is a massive 7 years younger than Jamie.

- Barrie McKay. Who is the starting 11 player and offers vastly more than Walker. 

These are the players who’ve been directly ahead of Jamie in terms of the managers plans for the squad this season and next season, these are the 2 players who’ve taken his place. The questionable one is whether Jamie would be a better backup to McKay than Woodburn. Maybe so, but woodburn as a young 21-22year old player is the vastly better long term investment than 29 year old next month Walker. So given 1-2 years to coach and develop, Woodburn has potential. It looks like he might be staying here to go on that journey. Walker on the other hand, his maximum potential has been reached. He’s 29 year old what would he want to sit on a bench behind McKay for. And that’s why he’s gone to Bradford, and Woodburn is looking to be retained. 

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• FarmerTweedy

• A_A wehatethehibs

• Jambo 4 Ever

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Jamie Walker is a left winger who can’t run so has tried and so far failed to convert to #10. He is selfish and does not provide assists. He does not work hard enough defensively and players ghost past him. Cant compete physically. Can’t tackle or press. Boyce on the other hand is a CF who yes, fluffs some big chances. But he can compete physically with CBs and can press and defend, and can hold possession up. As a comparison you might as well compare Walker to Toby Sibbick or Craig Gordon. Completely and utterly different player with a different role. Bizarre comparison.

You’re not seriously about to tell me with a straight face you’d have Walker playing up front on his own where Boyce has played basically all his time at Hearts 😂 Jamie would get battered from pillar to post up front, physically ragdolled and be posted missing week in week out 

Boyce is just far too unreliable for me.  His missing of key chances in (every) games has now past the stage of understanding.  It really is a massive issue now.

Tbf though I never said I wanted to replace him with Walker, I really like walker but him moving on is for the best. I'd put my house on him before Boyce on a  1 v 1 though.

We simply MUST get better than Boyce.

4 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

“see eye to eye” do you think he’s the managers equal or something?? 😂 Robbie has launched about 20 odd dead wood relegation players from Wighton to Clare to Berra since he joined the club in summer 2020, Robbie inherited a steaming pile of dog shite of a squad. Nothing personal toward Jamie but over the 3 years he’s been here, he is firmly in that pile of Levein era garbage alongside Lee and Irving etc plus a dozen+ others that needed cleared out which Neilson has done in due course. And unlike the likes of Halkett and Haring he has not bucked up his ideas, and started offering more. 

And a “better” option than GMS - a left footed player who does a completely different job in terms of his squad role. No idea why folk compare him to GMS.  Jamie is not Left footed. It’s like saying Atkinson is a better left back than Cochrane. He’s not left sided. It’s a fundamentally different attribute GMS offers. I would agree by the way, we definitely do need to replace GMS. With a better left footed player who can do more for the team in that role when we play a system that needs a left footed player in there, a Skacel or Driver level. Not Walker 😂

There are 2 players in our squad, with whom you can directly compare Jamie Walker:  - Ben Woodburn who is a massive 7 years younger than Jamie.

- Barrie McKay. Who is the starting 11 player and offers vastly more than Walker. 

These are the players who’ve been directly ahead of Jamie in terms of the managers plans for the squad this season and next season, these are the 2 players who’ve taken his place. The questionable one is whether Jamie would be a better backup to McKay than Woodburn. Maybe so, but woodburn as a young 21-22year old player is the vastly better long term investment than 29 year old next month Walker. So given 1-2 years to coach and develop, Woodburn has potential. It looks like he might be staying here to go on that journey. Walker on the other hand, his maximum potential has been reached. He’s 29 year old what would he want to sit on a bench behind McKay for. And that’s why he’s gone to Bradford, and Woodburn is looking to be retained. 

and with this hopefully we can all move on …………… it would be nice if we could announce a pre contract or something and start to think about in coming players

Section Q

I think we'll easily find a squad replacement for Walker. Not sure why the love-in with him.

He's now playing for a club in the old 4th division in 14th place. He had 3 years to show what he could offer the club. 

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good guy, musician and Jambo to boot. 

aye and fellow Leither to boot

1 hour ago, brownkg said:

A Hearts supporting hot bed in my experience ………… FTH 

6 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Yawn.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, brownkg said:

We all have our crosses to bear 😜

Hectormasson
11 hours ago, jambogemz said:

Fair play to Jamie. He's settled recently and started to show the kind of form he's capable of. 

Hope it works out for him. 

Ditto, always liked Jamie when he played for hearts,scored some good goals too, a decent challenge for him  might lead to a bigger club, good luck jw🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻👍