Jamie Walker

red

Another goal yesterday and another MoTM performance. 

we must bring him back for next season. Would be a great addition to the squad and would feel like a new player with his fitness back to previous levels and some games/goals under his belt in a pretty tough league. 

no brainer for me. 

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• FarmerTweedy

• A_A wehatethehibs

• Jambo 4 Ever

Салатные палочки

We haven't struggled without him. I don't think he's in our plans for next season. 

He won’t stay at Hearts. He just wants to play and probably accepts his time is up at Hearts in respect of being a regular. 

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, red said:

we must bring him back for next season. Would be a great addition to the squad and would feel like a new player with his fitness back to previous levels and some games/goals under his belt in a pretty tough league. 

no brainer for me. 

I thought he'd be a great addition to the squad last time, not for me

A_A wehatethehibs

No chance, he’s done at Hearts, wouldn’t get a start here. Next couple of seasons is Barrie Mckays era and Jamie’s had too much time out injured to play 2nd fiddle. He will move on and good luck to him. In hindsight Levein shouldn’t have brought him back. 

The Mercer Takeover

Nope.

Not good enough and an injury liability.

We need to move on and continue the excellent work being seen by Savage in recruitment.

15 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Worth a punt I suppose…..not sure what’s left on his contract or, what his salary is.

I think he signed a three year deal in June 2019 so it will be up soon.

Captain Lithuania

We all want to see a local lad doing well in the team. He’s had too many chances and isn’t good enough. 

davemclaren

If he wasn’t currently contracted and had never played for Hearts before would he be getting suggested as a player for us?

I was going to ask if he could rejoin us after the 7th of May being Bradfords'  last game.    It seems he's contracted until the 31st May. 

CloustonHMFC

Glad he seems to be enjoying himself at Bradford but it’s a no from me. Simply not good enough for where we want to be.

Bazzas right boot

Been discussed to death. 

He's not good enough to perform over 90 minutes for us. 

He is a great option from the bench and proven to be effective from there. 

If he's happy being a super sub type then I'd keep him. 

However, He'll probably want first team football and more money than we'd offer him to be a bit part squad player. 

The frustrating thing is he'll likely go to livi, St Johnstone or the likes and do well for them. 

Jamie Walker took undeserved pelters on here from the anti rangers brigade.

A good player who had goals in him but lacked the pace to be a great player.

But we move forward.I wish him and his young family well a good guy.

It always annoys me his ban for that dive against errrrrr Rangers.

31 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

He won’t stay at Hearts. He just wants to play and probably accepts his time is up at Hearts in respect of being a regular. 

That would be my guess too he has run his legs in the relay for us and he can move on to a new club and challenge now with his head held high

Captain Lithuania
4 minutes ago, Ked said:

Anti Rangers? What’s the alternative? Being pro Rangers?

The reason people got so pissed off with him was because he clearly had ability, just didn’t apply it. We all wanted him to do well but spent most of the time injured. 

FarmerTweedy
39 minutes ago, red said:

no brainer for me. 

If our recruitment team can't find better for next season than Jamie Walker, we're in serious trouble. 

29 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

No chance, he’s done at Hearts, wouldn’t get a start here. Next couple of seasons is Barrie Mckays era and Jamie’s had too much time out injured to play 2nd fiddle. He will move on and good luck to him. In hindsight Levein shouldn’t have brought him back. 

This. We’re above his level now. A decent player over the years who would have been a brilliant player but for his attitude when he was younger and his injury issues. Good luck to him for what’s left of his career but he’s played his last game at Hearts.

15 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

I was going to ask if he could rejoin us after the 7th of May being Bradfords'  last game.    It seems he's contracted until the 31st May. 

He couldn’t play for us anyway until a transfer window opens.

7 minutes ago, Ked said:

I was not on here when he was a target for them but I expect that played a part in a lot of I’ll feeling and it certainly did on Twitter and Facebook ………….. what is wrong with being anti Rangers though because I am definitely in that brigade too

Just now, Sooks said:

I was not on here when he was a target for them but I expect that played a part in a lot of I’ll feeling and it certainly did on Twitter and Facebook ………….. what is wrong with being anti Rangers though because I am definitely in that brigade too

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, Ked said:

The anti rangers brigade?

The absolute bloody nerve of them, some hearts fans eh??

Just now, Sooks said:

* Ill feeling not I’ll 

FarmerTweedy
14 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Been discussed to death. 

He's not good enough to perform over 90 minutes for us. 

He is a great option from the bench and proven to be effective from there. 

If he's happy being a super sub type then I'd keep him. 

However, He'll probably want first team football and more money than we'd offer him to be a bit part squad player. 

The frustrating thing is he'll likely go to livi, St Johnstone or the likes and do well for them. 

I don't see what's frustrating about that.  There's a world of difference between doing well for a club that will start the season with the main priority being to stay in the division, and doing well for a club that's competing in the group stage in Europe and looking to keep third place in the league and hopefully close the gap to the arsecheeks. 

Loads of players are good enough for the likes of Livi and St Johnstone but not for us, the only question really is whether he's even good enough for them, and I have my doubts about that tbh.

Absolute Scenes

Think him and GMS will end up at Dundee United, not a bad move for both and definitely upgrades United’s team overall 

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The anti rangers brigade?

The absolute bloody nerve of them, some hearts fans eh??

Och Smithee I hate them tae but there's some on here that piled onto Walker for basically trying to look after his family.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Nothing at all mate .

Just think that Walker took it unjustifiably tight and that a lot of that was coloured not by football but by politics.

13 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

Anti Rangers? What’s the alternative? Being pro Rangers?

The reason people got so pissed off with him was because he clearly had ability, just didn’t apply it. We all wanted him to do well but spent most of the time injured. 

Not at all.

Just saw the same types of posters with an unhealthy hatred of Walker.

His pace let him down admittedly but Walker was a decent servant for Hearts.

2 minutes ago, Ked said:

Nothing at all mate .

Just think that Walker took it unjustifiably tight and that a lot of that was coloured not by football but by politics.

I was not on kickback at the time so I accept that I do not know the circumstances …………. What was the political problem though

59 minutes ago, red said:

no brainer for me. 

It’s league 2. 

All the best to him but hopefully he’s not in Hearts management plans. 

Malinga the Swinga

It isn't hatred of Walker

He has had his time. He can sign for Dundee or Livi. Not good enough for Hearts.

Captain Lithuania
7 minutes ago, Ked said:

Not at all.

Just saw the same types of posters with an unhealthy hatred of Walker.

His pace let him down admittedly but Walker was a decent servant for Hearts.

His head was turned when Rangers expressed an interest, for some fans that was all they needed, see John Souttar. I don’t blame them either. A vile club. 

It was more than his pace that let him down afraid. 

SomethingAboutObua

Painful the number of fans that can't put together

Walker's desire for game time

+The fact he can't get into the team

+Our signing policy

+League 2 is now well below our level 

=No he won't be in the squad for next season 🤦‍♂️

Jambo-Jimbo

Been a decent player (in flashes) over the years, but his time is now up at Hearts, as others have said and I agree, we are looking for better players now, than Jamie Walker. 

I wish him all the best where ever he's playing next season.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Been a decent player (in flashes) over the years, but his time is now up at Hearts, as others have said and I agree, we are looking for better players now, than Jamie Walker. 

I wish him all the best where ever he's playing next season.

Yeah this is true. I liked and still like Jamie I wish him all the best going forward. He’d be decent to have on the bench he’ll get us some goals but he’s never going to be a starter for us again. 
Good luck to him. 

Bungalow Bill
1 hour ago, red said:

no brainer for me. 

in the 4th division. Was glad when we brought him back but he’s not good enough for us. 

Going forward we'll be looking elsewhere for more quality I would imagine.

He would have been a better option off the bench than GMS, Gino and Woodburn this season mind you.

29 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He's done at Hearts level unfortunately. We'll sign players better than Barrie Mckay this summer nevermind Jamie Walker.

Better than McKay? 

square-1462814179-moist-lips-moist-xsmal

Naisys Tackle

To put into perspective it was against the worst team in the football leagues.  Good luck to him though.  He will end up at Dundee when they go down. 

ToadKiller Dog

He should stay where he is ,dundee might be a good shout for him ,we will sign better ,not a bad lad to be honest but we are aiming higher .

Signed Major toadkiller of the anti rangers brigade .