Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - SOLD OUT (updated/merged)

Swanny17

Wondering if anyone else is in the same situation, two tickets purchased a section apart and delivery by post, only the one ticket has arrived... Are they being sent out by section? 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• been here before

• Fozzyonthefence

• Jambo 4 Ever

Old skool rules.

Having camped overnight for many event tickets, some more pleasant an experience than others, I never had the disappointment of not achieving the goal. 

Well done to all that queued, hopefully it was worth it 👏 

11 hours ago, j1964m said:

Last time I queued all night for cup final tickets was 1998 

For me it was for Scotland Wales at anfield, 1977?. Slept in rose street lane

Hectormasson
3 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

He’s probably a royalist loving Tory as well. 

😂

🤣🤣🤣🤣👍💥

That's proper dedication.

Sadly, I don't think I like anything enough to queue overnight for a ticket.

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

I just got up to Ronnie Sompson's window when the last ticket got sold but somebody that I worked with was in Cardiff and got me one for the kop. What a game that was.

Jeffros Furios

If your looking for a ticket wave a wad of cash in the faces of those leaving the ticket office .

the general
2 minutes ago, 1953 said:

I just got up to Ronnie Sompson's window when the last ticket got sold but somebody that I worked with was in Cardiff and got me one for the kop. What a game that was.

Got ours through Longstone Hearts

Corstorphine Jambo

I queued from 6am and got my tickets at 10.30am! I wouldn’t think there were many left after that. Frustratingly Hearts were allowing a single person to get tickets on multiple accounts - I had, perhaps naively, assumed “in person” meant you had to actually be there to get tickets. So you had some people coming out with wads of tickets. 

Luckies1874
3 hours ago, luckydug said:

Hearts said 600.

You know better ? 🤔 

Hearts did say 600.

I know that a significant number have subsequently been siphoned off by people within the club buying them and a number allocated to 'special cases'. 

Lonewolflins
6 minutes ago, Corstorphine Jambo said:

I queued from 6am and got my tickets at 10.30am! I wouldn’t think there were many left after that. Frustratingly Hearts were allowing a single person to get tickets on multiple accounts - I had, perhaps naively, assumed “in person” meant you had to actually be there to get tickets. So you had some people coming out with wads of tickets. 

In my opinion , in person  means you have to physically be there to get a ticket . I feel sorry for anybody who has queued for hours and doesn’t get one .  

Luckies1874
11 minutes ago, Corstorphine Jambo said:

What section are the tickets for?

Corstorphine Jambo
1 minute ago, Lonewolflins said:

In my opinion , in person  means you have to physically be there to get a ticket . I feel sorry for anybody who has queued for hours and doesn’t get one .  

You could certainly feel the tension rising! Can’t blame the individuals but I think it plays into tickets being sold on.

tolcross lad

I have just got 2 tickets.About 100 still in Queue.I think a lot of people decided not to queue as they thought that they had no chance.Some folk going up and down counting.Good banter between fans made a long wait shorter.Good on you all.

Corstorphine Jambo
1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

What section are the tickets for?

I4 but I suspect they may not all be there?

hughesie27

Surely all sold out now?

Seen a few contradictory messages online around the actual buying conditions.

My understanding was that it was just a continuation of phase two but only available from TO.

Seen a few folk suggest that unlike phase two however you cannot buy for other reference numbers. It is a maximum of 2 tickets per person and if you want to buy more for others whose reference No you have you cannot. 

Would imagine there would be a few unhappy with that.

Edited by hughesie27

Luckies1874
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Christ, if Hibs did that whenever they got to Hampden there would never be a public sale.

😂😂

Nice one.

Luckies1874
5 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Surely all sold out now?

Seen a few contradictory messages online around the actual buying conditions.

My understanding was that it was just a continuation of phase two but only available from TO.

Seen a few folk suggest that unlike phase two however you cannot buy for other reference numbers. It is a maximum of 2 tickets per person and if you want to buy more for others whose reference No you have you cannot. 

Would imagine there would be a few unhappy with that.

100% been people buying way more than that. 

Also people who had arranged to buy tickets from this extra batch before they went on sale today. through people in the club.

The entire thing has been a difficult and complicated process but there should definitely be lessons learned. The whole 2nd ticket thing before some had one was the biggest mistake made. 

23 minutes ago, Corstorphine Jambo said:

I4 but I suspect they may not all be there?

Would imagine they will be all around that area if handed back debenchers 

32 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

100% been people buying way more than that. 

Also people who had arranged to buy tickets from this extra batch before they went on sale today. through people in the club.

The entire thing has been a difficult and complicated process but there should definitely be lessons learned. The whole 2nd ticket thing before some had one was the biggest mistake made. 

Maybe we shouldn't get to cup finals  lol

slashishere

I drove down from Perth and got there for 6am and folk around reckoned there was about 200 or so folk ahead.

Everyone seemed cool until the guy from the TO came down the queue and told us we may not get a ticket.

I think the wording from Hearts about 'in-person' and assumptions (well mine anyway) that this meant one ticket per person lead to what I would describe as quite a bit of anxiety with folk wondering if they were going to waste 4/5 hours of their morning. 

I did get my ticket at pretty much 10.30 and reckon there was maybe 100 left by then too judging by the stacks. I really hope everyone that was queued behind me got one. 

Shanks said no
18 minutes ago, Bainy said:

Would imagine they will be all around that area if handed back debenchers 

mmmm so these seats could be close to debenture holders who did buy tickets and may be non Hearts supporters

:interehjrling:

Heart of Darkness
11 hours ago, Silvery_Moon said:

Hope so too. 👍 

They all got a ticket 🏆♥️🏆

EDIT: obviously I don't know how to embed tweets, but that's all the additional tickets sold out

1 minute ago, brypie04 said:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">𝑺𝑶𝑳𝑫 𝑶𝑼𝑻!<br><br>All additional Scottish Cup Final tickets have now been snapped up.<br><br>Thank you all for your incredible support - see you at Hampden 🏆❤️ <a href="https://t.co/j6UVWdFa4o">pic.twitter.com/j6UVWdFa4o</a></p>&mdash; Heart of Midlothian FC (@JamTarts) <a href="https://twitter.com/JamTarts/status/1525074606717128704?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 13, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

You've just outed yourself as a bot

:look:

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - SOLD OUT (updated)
42 minutes ago, brypie04 said:

My tickets just arrived in the post!!  :yas:

When did you buy them last Friday ? I’m still waiting on mine . I’m gonna head into the shop tomorrow if there not here tomorrow morning. No wanting to leave it till next week.

Just now, Stu_HMFC said:

When did you buy them last Friday ? I’m still waiting on mine . I’m gonna head into the shop tomorrow if there not here tomorrow morning. No wanting to leave it till next week.

Yep - ordered last Friday in Phase 2

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - SOLD OUT (updated/merged)
Silvery_Moon
12 minutes ago, Heart of Darkness said:

They all got a ticket 🏆♥️🏆

Brilliant! 

Was just coming on now to ask you.

Well deserved after being there all night.

Rogue Daddy
On 22/04/2022 at 18:32, maroonlegions said:

Aye up there with this one.

:rudiyas::scenes:

Amazing memory! ...actually got a tear in my eye.

Sooperstar

Apparently everyone who queued got one and there were still a few left after the queue had been cleared. Good news!

Kalamazoo Jambo
23 minutes ago, brypie04 said:

That's what I was trying to do!!!

Just fixed your earlier post :thumbsup:

34 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Last time I did this was the 1996 Coca Cola cup final. 

That, my friend, was The Real Thing ...

I'll get my coat. 😉

hughesie27

Crazy that folk were able to just rock up 30 mins agonwith no queue and get the last few.

57 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Sincerely hope all the people who sat through the night got one. What an effort that is 

Brilliant!

55 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

Everyone who queued overnight got one

Phew! When the pictures started getting posted I had my doubts.

ericthepen
3 hours ago, XB52 said:

Got mines for the Kop, off a Welshman for a tenner.

34 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

They'll re-print for you. One mail-out for the lock-down ballot ones went to my neighbour who was on holiday. No problem.

15 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Apparently everyone who queued got one and there were still a few left after the queue had been cleared. Good news!

Really pleased for them! 👍

1 hour ago, Corstorphine Jambo said:

It has aways been like that. Makes sense. After all, if you were getting tickets for a supporter's club then one person in a queue with 40 ref numbers is way better than either 40 folks trying to buy individually, or one person trying to get a group that size seated together via Ticketmaster. Can you imagine? My ageing laptop would've been launched!!! 🤣

Anyhoo, 4½ hours for you is not too bad.

Well done, and I hope that it was worth it.

❤️❤️G❤️