Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - SOLD OUT (updated/merged)

Swanny17

8 minutes ago, Super_Hans said:

Not if half the season ticket holders decide to buy one extra.

That’s in phase 2 though. Surely the season ticket holders will all have purchased theirs in phase 1 . Unless they wait for phase 2 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• been here before

• Fozzyonthefence

• Jambo 4 Ever

29 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Not what it says  🥸

I emailed the TO about this as we have one or two in our numbers who used other people's reference for the semi and are now panicking as they have no record of purchase.

ST holder's can buy 1 in phase 1, and an additional 1 in phase 2. Maximum any account can buy is 2 per person.

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I emailed the TO about this as we have one or two in our numbers who used other people's reference for the semi and are now panicking as they have no record of purchase.

ST holder's can buy 1 in phase 1, and an additional 1 in phase 2. Maximum any account can buy is 2 per person.

Fair enough but the rules below don’t say that for me, especially with ALL being capitalised  

PHASE ONE

Date: 9am Friday 29th April to Friday 6th May

Who can buy: ALL 21/22 Season Ticket Holders plus any supporters with 120+ loyalty points

Tickets per account: 1

PHASE TWO

Date: Saturday 7th May

Who can buy: ALL 21/22 Season Ticket Holders, those with 120+ loyalty points plus any supporters who attended the Semi-Final vs Hibs

Tickets per account: 2

1 minute ago, Bob Loblaw said:

did they manage to get them switched over?

i bought a ticket for someone in the general sale and as i had no record of his account on my database (he hadn't been to a game since pre covid) so they must have deactivated it so i just put it against my reference number. 

hoping they will be able to reallocate it to prevent him from cursing me 

5 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

That’s in phase 2 though. Surely the season ticket holders will all have purchased theirs in phase 1 . Unless they wait for phase 2 

Yeah but I can't see it going to a general sale after phase two if season ticket holders and semi-final attendees are allowed one extra ticket.

Personally I think this phasing is much better than the semi and they've used the lessons learned from same[too long for phase 1 & the pointless phase 2] They've even explained about the sfa only releasing certain sections at a time too which does suck.

Ultimately every die hard jambo will get a ticket for this match and even most of the not so die hard🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻 

On 22/04/2022 at 18:40, Rudy T said:

There’s absolutely no pressure on us, potentially Rangers are looking at a trophy less season and that’s just unacceptable through there especially given their position at the start of the season. There seems to be a jury out on their manager still so a defeat in Europe, Celtic winning the league and the pressure is monumental on the players to get something. 

They pressure on them will be enormous - never having won the cup and the potential for another trophyless season.

Jambo 4 Ever

So someone who went to the semi final can get 2 tickets yet people who go to several home and away games during season but couldn’t make the semi final has to wait til the general sale? Surely this isn’t right or fair 

1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

So someone who went to the semi final can get 2 tickets yet people who go to several home and away games during season but couldn’t make the semi final has to wait til the general sale? Surely this isn’t right or fair 

I’d imagine in your scenario they would know a ST holder who would be able to get them a ticket in phase 2

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Phase 2 oot! 

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, AC Mallin_51 said:

So if I buy a ticket in phase 1 as a season ticket holder I could then buy an additional 1 in phase 2? 

In a different part of the ground though 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

And waiting to phase 2 would this be worse seats then too?

I’m getting a feeling of deja vu here. The answer is not necessarily as it’s driven by the SFA dictated order of sale. Plus, good seats isn’t an objective thing. 

been here before
10 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

What have the club said when you raised this with them?

hereford_hearts
12 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I doubt it will get to general sale unfortunately. 

I went to the Semi after registering on the Thursday night for me and my son, and buying on general sale on the Friday. Not been to a game for 2 years before that. 

I am now entitled to get 4 tickets before you. Completely unfair. 

I'll give you a reference for 2 tickets if you need them. 

12 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

So what is fair then ?

I think it’s the fairest way possible. Imagine going to the semi and not being able to go to the final, Because “someone” (your claim) Goes several home and away games a season but couldn’t make the semi but you should get a final ticket.

What about if that person who went to the semi but never goes to a league match because of work commitments or living abroad. It doesn’t make you a bigger Hearts fan cause you go to a few games Home and Away 😂 If you were such a big fan and went to these games wouldn’t your LP be close to 120? 

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’m getting a feeling of deja vu here. The answer is not necessarily as it’s driven by the SFA dictated order of sale. Plus, good seats isn’t an objective thing. 

I don’t really care where I sit. I have accepted the stadium is a shit hole and majority of the seats / views are crap, As long as I’m there then I’ll be happy.

davemclaren
Just now, Stu_HMFC said:

I don’t really care where I sit. I have accepted the stadium is a shit hole and majority of the seats / views are crap, As long as I’m there then I’ll be happy.

Being there is certainly the most important thing. 

Shanks said no
10 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

In a different part of the ground though 

and a different seat

2 hours ago, Thought Police said:

Tough break for someone with 80 points, no season ticket and missed the semi final for whatever reason.

I have mates who don’t have enough points but are big Jambos, between the rest of us we’ll be able to get them tickets, would imagine most people will be the same?

13 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

A majority view I'd wager. At least, among non-pantwetters !

Happy to wait to phase 2 to get the group together.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, stotty said:

I have mates who don’t have enough points but are big Jambos, between the rest of us we’ll be able to get them tickets, would imagine most people will be the same?

I think you are right. Very few will miss out. 

47 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Why ? We've had this argument year after year when Hearts get to a final. The club are rightly ensuring ST holders get a ticket - it's hardly a big deal to wait a week and buy them in phase II if that's what you need to do. 

Why should ST holders get two tickets ahead of anybody else ?

That would very likely mean no/very little availability for anyone who went to the SF - which is what happened in 2006 when ST holders got all the tickets. 

RudiSkacel51

Got a family member to get our semi tickets early under someone else's account so we could get them all together early so no history of the semi for me or the missus, this is going to be some nervous wait for tickets.

ETA if I turn up at the ticket office with my semi tickets will they let me buy in phase 2 😂

Edited by RudiSkacel51

1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

And waiting to phase 2 would this be worse seats then too?

Why don't you email the SFA and ask them ? 

I dont understand why the SFA are being so particular about releasing sections separately. 

The ticketing arrangements couldn't be simpler it's going to be a sell out for both supports. 

Just leave the two clubs to get on with it. 

Phase 2 for me. Least it’s 2 tickets per account at that stage. I found the later the phase for the semi final and found better seats became available. A Celtic fan told me that there is more seats in west stand than east but not sure how true that is 

Seaside Dave
39 minutes ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

Got a family member to get our semi tickets early under someone else's account so we could get them all together early so no history of the semi for me or the missus, this is going to be some nervous wait for tickets.

ETA if I turn up at the ticket office with my semi tickets will they let me buy in phase 2 😂

Lol on my phone the sentence reads if I turn up at the ticket office with my semi. 😳

Not sure how this would help 🤣

It would be nice if contributing to the FoH gave people a better chance of getting big match tickets.

A nice way to reward people who hand over their hard-earned even if they can't attend every week.

MR INCREDIBLE
2 hours ago, swavkav said:

I like the fact that all those who attended the SF are to get a ticket in phase 2 

If all season ticket holders get an extra ticket in phase 2 non season ticket holders who attended the semi are not guaranteed a ticket.

Holyrood_Hearts

I’m assuming for the phase 2 sales, all tickets bought online will need to be allocated to someone’s account? 

south morocco
37 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

If all season ticket holders get an extra ticket in phase 2 non season ticket holders who attended the semi are not guaranteed a ticket.

Who takes priority in that scenario. A ST holder asking for two who never went to the semi or the non ST holder semi attender looking for one? 

Holyrood_Hearts
1 hour ago, Darren said:

It would be nice if contributing to the FoH gave people a better chance of getting big match tickets.

A nice way to reward people who hand over their hard-earned even if they can't attend every week.

That’s a completely different thing altogether. 

I agree being a FoH contributor should have some benefits, but not this 

MR INCREDIBLE

14,000 season ticket holders who can get 2 each = 28000

And if you add in the 7000 non season ticket holders who attended the semi can also get 2 each = 14000

total  eligible =42000

Carnage awaits😂

3 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

14,000 season ticket holders who can get 2 each = 28000

And if you add in the 7000 non season ticket holders who attended the semi can also get 2 each = 14000

total  eligible =42000

Carnage awaits😂

Phase 1 no pressure.  Phase 2 a real race for tickets it seems. However not sure we have many more than 22/23k who will want tickets so maybe virtually everyone who wants one will get one. 

Bindy Badgy
5 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

Phase 2 is a bit bizarre. Must be lots of fans with a lot of loyalty points, but not 120, who couldn't go to the Hibs game. They will have to rely on a mate buying them a ticket for the final while someone who went to the semi final for their first ever Hearts game can buy two tickets.

That's the position I'm in. I live abroad now so can't get to as many games as I would like and didn't make it to the semi but, still have 40ish LPs. Just got to hope there is a phase 3...

Burford Jamtart

Completely understand and accept that I will have to wait for a general sale (unlikely I know) - but please think of me if you have a spare one!! 

I’ve  got a great story on how I got my 2012 ticket from Gary Mackay if any body is interested.

29 minutes ago, Burford Jamtart said:

Completely understand and accept that I will have to wait for a general sale (unlikely I know) - but please think of me if you have a spare one!! 

I’ve  got a great story on how I got my 2012 ticket from Gary Mackay if any body is interested.

I went to the semi but won't be at the final.

DM me and I'll send you my account details. 

4 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

That's were I'm at with Hampden. Don't give a shit where I'm sat. 

12 minutes ago, Boab said:

Was going to wait till phase 2 but on second thoughts, will get in on phase 1. Could be a bit mental, phase 2.

Likewise. Could be a bunfight in phase two and while I’d like to get our whole group together, don’t think I’ll risk it.

fabienleclerq
3 hours ago, Darren said:

Nope. Season ticket holders and high loyalty points is the fairest way. 

Impossible for the TO to please everyone and their random scenarios, looks like they've got it as close to spot on as possible here. 

3 hours ago, Marvin said:

Going with hospitality. Can't argue with £168. 

Bet it sells out quickly.  Cost me £100 in 2006 for the semi.  Great value of money.  Hundreds of people.

Fire_At_The_Disco

Just spoke to a mate who bought a season ticket for next season, he says it appears on his account as season ticket holder when he logs in and reckons he will get into phase 1. Should have said he didn’t have a ST this season. 

Edited by Fire_At_The_Disco

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - SOLD OUT (updated/merged)