Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - SOLD OUT (updated/merged)

Swanny17

Why not eh? Thought it might be good to have a single thread for all things SC final (not an official match day thread). 

In 1998, Hearts beat Rangers in the SC final, Scotland qualified for the WC and of course……..Hibs were relegated. What chances of a repeat?! 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• been here before

• Fozzyonthefence

• Jambo 4 Ever

maroonlegions
9 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Why not eh? Thought it might be good to have a single thread for all things SC final (not an official match day thread). 

In 1998, Hearts beat Rangers in the SC final, Scotland qualified for the WC and of course……..Hibs were relegated. What chances of a repeat?! 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

Good man.

Lets get the tempo up early. I am sure some Hearts players have a wee cheeky neb on JKB.

FTH. 

5 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Good man.

Lets get the tempo up early. I am sure some Hearts players have a wee cheeky neb on JKB.

FTH. 

I hope they do, go and make yourselves heroes! A cup parade on the Sunday will be like nothing most of them have seen before. 

maroonlegions
9 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

I hope they do, go and make yourselves heroes! A cup parade on the Sunday will be like nothing most of them have seen before. 

Aye up there with this one.

:rudiyas::scenes:

Edited by maroonlegions

There’s absolutely no pressure on us, potentially Rangers are looking at a trophy less season and that’s just unacceptable through there especially given their position at the start of the season. There seems to be a jury out on their manager still so a defeat in Europe, Celtic winning the league and the pressure is monumental on the players to get something. 

17 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

That was an amazing day, I hope we can do it again this year. The trophy would obviously have to come to Tynecastle via Leith walk.

Seaside Dave

Apparently it will be a no contest game ! Whatever happens it's been a great season for us and hopefully there's a party in the capital on Saturday night of the cup final ❤️

It’s written in the stars ,only time I’ve cried at football 1998 and I’ve got a helluva build up ready to do so again 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻.    🤞🏻

Spitonastranger
1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

Play that to the players before the final to see what awaits them

Edited by Spitonastranger

Not seen any chat about who the ref will be. Given that Beaton and Madden did the semis, it might be Collum for the final. A few years ago I would have hated that but these days he's been one of the better refs we have. 

Craig Halkett set to postpone on operation on his ankle to allow him to play in the final according to reports.

The possibility of having both him and Souttar playing certainly increases our chances. 

10 hours ago, cookieboy said:

show the players this and tell them to become legends and enjoy what awaits them 

Jesus Cookieboy, you could've put that video in a spoiler with a warning. Seeing Stevie Fulton's coupon has done nothing to improve my shanner of a Wednesday morning mood.

Phase 1: 120+ LP's and ST holders. 1 per account.

Phase 2: 120+LP's, ST holders and those who attended the semi. 2 per account.

Might be a bit counter intuitive, but how does phase 2 work for ST holders? Does that mean I could by another 2 tickets in phase 2, or an extra ticket on top of the one I buy in phase 1?

davemclaren
Just now, Locky said:

Phase 1: 120+ LP's and ST holders. 1 per account.

Phase 2: 120+LP's, ST holders and those who attended the semi. 2 per account.

Might be a bit counter intuitive, but how does phase 2 work for ST holders? Does that mean I could by another 2 tickets in phase 2, or an extra ticket on top of the one I buy in phase 1?

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/cup-final-tickets-on-sale-friday

Hospitality on sale now. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - tickets on sale Friday 30/5, hospitality on sale now. ( updated )

Phase 2 is a bit bizarre. Must be lots of fans with a lot of loyalty points, but not 120, who couldn't go to the Hibs game. They will have to rely on a mate buying them a ticket for the final while someone who went to the semi final for their first ever Hearts game can buy two tickets.

Edited by gnasher75

So if you have a season ticket you can get one ticket on Friday. Or wait till phase two to buy 2 tickets. 🤔

davemclaren
Just now, Tams bird said:

So if you have a season ticket you can get one ticket on Friday. Or wait till phase two to buy 2 tickets. 🤔

Or do both and get three. 

davemclaren

Just in case anyone asks… 🥸

Seat release: Please note we have been instructed by the Scottish FA to sell tickets in a particular order and we will be continually monitoring sales and releasing new blocks of seating as and when required

Thought Police

Tough break for someone with 80 points, no season ticket and missed the semi final for whatever reason.

Thought Police
7 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Any views on which is better. North or South?

I much prefer the North as it's the closest you can actually get to the pitch, although I've heard the view in Upper South is the best.

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - tickets on sale Friday 29/5, hospitality on sale now. ( updated )
been here before
30 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I  called regarding where the  hospitality seats may be. They couldnt tell me but when I asked if there was a likelihood of them being crappy seats behind the goal I was told "potentially".

Edited by been here before

been here before
3 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

Mods having a mare with the thread title. ;) 

Selling the tickets after the game. I blame the u21 players.

been here before
Just now, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

No meltdown but that second phase is an absolute shambles by Hearts. 

It was pish the first time round and even worse this time.

Seaside Dave
23 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Phase 2 is a bit bizarre. Must be lots of fans with a lot of loyalty points, but not 120, who couldn't go to the Hibs game. They will have to rely on a mate buying them a ticket for the final while someone who went to the semi final for their first ever Hearts game can buy two tickets.

I wasn't able to attend the semi final but bought my ticket and gave it to my mate ! What a great choice that was, now I can get me and him a ticket for final ! It will go on general sale too so everyone who wants to go will get to go 

3 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Surely it's only 1 extra in phase 2?

That's how I read it. The semi final was the same, if you had bought 1 in Phase 1 then you could only buy another 1 in Phase 2.

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - tickets on sale Friday 29/4, hospitality on sale now. ( updated )
davemclaren
15 minutes ago, been here before said:

I  called regarding where the  hospitality seats may be. They couldnt tell me but when I asked if there was a likelihood of them being crappy seats behind the goal I was told "potentially".

When I spoke to them

they said ‘probably South stand’    

36 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Just in case anyone asks… 🥸

Seat release: Please note we have been instructed by the Scottish FA to sell tickets in a particular order and we will be continually monitoring sales and releasing new blocks of seating as and when required

That reads as the last blocks to go on sale will be the ones Hibs didn't sell !
🙂

4 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

There should still

be tickets left after phase 2 for a general sale . 

Not if half the season ticket holders decide to buy one extra.

been here before
25 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

When I spoke to them

they said ‘probably South stand’    

Regardless of it being "possibly" a shite seat behind the goal or "probably the South Stand" the chance of a shit seat, of which there are also a lot of in the South Stand, coupled with Scott Wilson means Ill give it a swerve I think.

Surely its not too difficult so say where the seat your paying for is going to be.

Looks like itll be the gamble of the 2nd phase for me so my laddie on 68pts can get seats together.

Of course if we had a decent national stadium...

Edited by been here before

davemclaren
Just now, been here before said:

Regardless of it being "possibly" a shite seat behind the goal or "probably the South Stand" the chance of a shit seat, of which there are also a lot of in the South Stand, coupled with Scott Wilson means Ill give it a swerve I think.

Surely its not too difficult so say where the seat your paying for is going to be.

Looks like itll be the gamble of the 2nd phase for me so my laddie on 68pts can get seats together.

I suppose they can’t guarantee it until all the earlier sections are sold but it will be very disappointing if the seats are not in the South stand.  

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - SOLD OUT (updated/merged)