• dannymack

• Thomaso

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, OTT said:

I liked the 2018 kit & the 2020/21 kit

Hearts stars show off club's new home kit for 2018/19 - Daily Record

20/21 HOME Short Sleeve Top - Youth | Heart of Midlothian

Without the yellow would look great, Change to a thin black band . White shorts  Black socks with Maroon and White stripes

Chizmeister
3 hours ago, OTT said:

I liked the 2018 kit & the 2020/21 kit

Hearts stars show off club's new home kit for 2018/19 - Daily Record

20/21 HOME Short Sleeve Top - Youth | Heart of Midlothian

Would like to see more use of the diamond pattern used on the sleeves in the 2018 top

13 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

That's utterly honking. Hopefully ours is different.

I hope Hearts realise with a lot of colour on sleaves it's bit Hibs so please don't go there.

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

That's utterly honking. Hopefully ours is different.

Wouldn't want ours to look like that, bit to lairy. Something a little bit different, but not over board. Got a little bored with the plain tops(as ice as some of them were). This seasons away top design would have leant itself well to a Maroon home version. 

Chizmeister
47 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Universitario-Kit-2014-15.jpg.ce2e3a7c4fd2c8dd8dd59acbc4ef6b2b.jpg

universitario-90th-anniversary-home-e.thumb.jpg.7048ed72eafa442fcf04f47696e18e47.jpg

Put a Hearts badge on it....

Sure this was a 90 year anniversary kit made in 2014, be happy with something similar for our 150th

Lots of people getting impatient on the season ticket tweet saying they want the new kit released.

Why do Hearts always take so long to release the kits? There's money to be made for the club and they just seem to dither with the release.

Also noticed each kit is released with lots of time apart but the big clubs in England release them as one, not sure why we space it so much. I've seen so many people say they hold off on buying a bit until they've seen all of them, by the time they decide they might choose to not buy one.

On 22/05/2022 at 08:40, Sertse said:

Edited by Thomaso

8 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

4C20C015-1F3C-410E-BA1B-1773815B4102.jpeg

Edited by Thomaso

Unknown user
On 17/05/2022 at 08:28, Salad Fingers said:

I've got the '86 home. It's not perfect. The colour is too light and the collar isn't right but the quality is really good. 

Screenshot_20220517-082555_Gallery.thumb.jpg.7a1292ebdf479dd7ea538374c41fe136.jpg

Screenshot_20220517-082710_Gallery.thumb.jpg.1495ec9f1d04a4f8c816a68d346b9f39.jpg

The height of the i and the t make me want to cry

The collar was pish, I've never been a fan of collars on football tops generally speaking. Looked very out of place.

Wash your mouth out!

B7DA0E70-E8CB-4B12-B495-86D90048B3B5.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Wash your mouth out!

B7DA0E70-E8CB-4B12-B495-86D90048B3B5.jpeg

There's definitely exceptions, that looks the part. This season's collar didn't!

On 23/05/2022 at 19:22, Cruyff said:

universitario-90th-anniversary-home-e.thumb.jpg.7048ed72eafa442fcf04f47696e18e47.jpg

I really hate that collar.

In fact, I hate most collars. They should be reserved for anniversary kits and things that we are trying to make look "older". 

Put the maroon on roundneck collar, and keep the design the same and it could be nice, but I wish we'd consign the collars to the bin.  It's a football top, not an attempt at a polo shirt. 

17 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I really hate that collar.

In fact, I hate most collars. They should be reserved for anniversary kits and things that we are trying to make look "older". 

Put the maroon on roundneck collar, and keep the design the same and it could be nice, but I wish we'd consign the collars to the bin.  It's a football top, not an attempt at a polo shirt. 

I love this strip - it’s pure class. Not a fashion statement but a real HMFC football top! ❤️

57EF83B0-FC03-4005-B5C9-518944288208.jpeg

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

I love this strip - it’s pure class. Not a fashion statement but a real HMFC football top! ❤️

57EF83B0-FC03-4005-B5C9-518944288208.jpeg

Don't get me wrong, that is a proper Hearts top, and always will be. 

But it doesn't really fit the modern style with a big sponsor splashed across the front, and manufacturers logo plastered in plain view. 

It loses something once those things are added to it. 

I'd actually like to see us have an official "retro design" every handful of years. Something that we can wear once or twice a season, and not just a fans version, but I don't like it being the main thing we wear every week. I don't really like wearing them down to the gym or going for a run in, the collar is a bit irritating. 

Edited by tian447

Watt-Zeefuik
On 22/05/2022 at 08:02, Chizmeister said:

Would like to see more use of the diamond pattern used on the sleeves in the 2018 top

I still say a very simple diamond-oriented bit of maroon tartan on the sleeves and sides would look great. Nothing OTT or showy but something like this, though this isn't the best angle to see it.

image.jpeg.b96102d3a280318bbe9827842d4f9557.jpeg

Maiden Gorgie
13 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

I still say a very simple diamond-oriented bit of maroon tartan on the sleeves and sides would look great. Nothing OTT or showy but something like this, though this isn't the best angle to see it.

image.jpeg.b96102d3a280318bbe9827842d4f9557.jpeg

Get the jist and i like the idea for a subtle tartan trim, could work well.

just as long as some over creative erse doesn't get their hands on it and we look like a crap Bay City Rollers tribute

42 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Don't get me wrong, that is a proper Hearts top, and always will be. 

But it doesn't really fit the modern style with a big sponsor splashed across the front, and manufacturers logo plastered in plain view. 

It loses something once those things are added to it. 

I'd actually like to see us have an official "retro design" every handful of years. Something that we can wear once or twice a season, and not just a fans version, but I don't like it being the main thing we wear every week. I don't really like wearing them down to the gym or going for a run in, the collar is a bit irritating. 

Some good points but for me I’m only interested in a classy strip I want to see my team play in, not one that is a fashion item for wearing down the gym or down the pub.

Percival King

What a thankless task the club have trying to satisfy thousands of us. Trying to find a collarless top that has a collar but a collar that isn't like this season's but is like season 2021/22's but also has a round collar and v-neck. Is almost all maroon (correct shade) but has white trim and other white bits. Is traditional but is modern. Has a pattern running through it but has no pattern running through it. And that's just the home top. We might have a debate about what sort of collar we love/hate but at least we're not discussing what the addition of a street map of Edinburgh does to our home top.

The collar was pish, I've never been a fan of collars on football tops generally speaking. Looked very out of place.

Oh no, no, no ,no, no ! 

Collars for me. 

Deep maroon, very little white trim with plain white shorts and plain maroon/white socks. 

Class. 

Sandy-Jardine.jpg

Edited by dannymack

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, Maiden Gorgie said:

Get the jist and i like the idea for a subtle tartan trim, could work well.

just as long as some over creative erse doesn't get their hands on it and we look like a crap Bay City Rollers tribute

Definitely. It can be easily overdone. Ideally it's put somewhere that you don't really notice it being unusual until you take a second look.

3 hours ago, Percival King said:

What a thankless task the club have trying to satisfy thousands of us. Trying to find a collarless top that has a collar but a collar that isn't like this season's but is like season 2021/22's but also has a round collar and v-neck. Is almost all maroon (correct shade) but has white trim and other white bits. Is traditional but is modern. Has a pattern running through it but has no pattern running through it. And that's just the home top. We might have a debate about what sort of collar we love/hate but at least we're not discussing what the addition of a street map of Edinburgh does to our home top.

Indeed, but I reserve the right to moan when the collared, collarless, vneck, roundneck shirt doesn't quite meet my expectations :lol:

It's part of the fun every year. We talk about the shirt, get a teaser image and over-analyse it to ****, posting photoshops and pictures of teams from all around the world who might have something similar, then the kit gets released and one half of kickback treats it like the best thing since sliced bread, and the other half explodes over how shite it is. We then agree, after 15 pages of frantic posting, that it's alright and then we do it all over again with the away kit. Yearly tradition! 

vegas-voss
On 23/05/2022 at 20:10, Chizmeister said:

Sure this was a 90 year anniversary kit made in 2014, be happy with something similar for our 150th

They have had some absolutely cracking kits the last 10 years or so though.

9 hours ago, tian447 said:

Indeed, but I reserve the right to moan when the collared, collarless, vneck, roundneck shirt doesn't quite meet my expectations :lol:

It's part of the fun every year. We talk about the shirt, get a teaser image and over-analyse it to ****, posting photoshops and pictures of teams from all around the world who might have something similar, then the kit gets released and one half of kickback treats it like the best thing since sliced bread, and the other half explodes over how shite it is. We then agree, after 15 pages of frantic posting, that it's alright and then we do it all over again with the away kit. Yearly tradition! 

I wouldn't have it any other way

9 hours ago, tian447 said:

This is literally bang on.

PapaShango
13 hours ago, dannymack said:

Oh no, no, no ,no, no ! 

Collars for me. 

Deep maroon, very little white trim with plain white shorts and plain maroon/white socks. 

Class. 

Sandy-Jardine.jpg

This was the first strip I had as a child so love this one. I really hope we keep it simple and don't try and splash too much white onto it. All for a white reversal for the away top as well. 

Bungalow Bill
10 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

This was the first strip I had as a child so love this one. I really hope we keep it simple and don't try and splash too much white onto it. All for a white reversal for the away top as well. 

Snap, my first strip too. 

A straight reversal of this would have been superb. 

12 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

LOL I did say "subtle!"

Tbf I Wouldnt mind a wee bit of tartan In our new strip, maybe just a little patch, or at the end of the sleeves or something would be cool, a bit like the scotland top from a season or two ago.

PapaShango
3 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

Snap, my first strip too. 

A straight reversal of this would have been superb. 

Noticed your first game was also my first one!

8 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Tbf I Wouldnt mind a wee bit of tartan In our new strip, maybe just a little patch, or at the end of the sleeves or something would be cool, a bit like the scotland top from a season or two ago.

Aye, get some tartan OAN. 

Simply change the blue denim to maroon, base the home & away kits on this and Bob's yer uncle. An eye-catching strip plus a refresh for the Tynie goal celebration music.

The Shang-a-Lang kit.

Screenshot_20220526-095222_Google.jpg

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Got to love a kit thread, so many different tastes. Wasn't that keen on this one past, none of the 3 really, looking forward to something I can invest in this summer.

14-15 Adidas kit the best in my time for what its worth

Bungalow Bill
1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

Noticed your first game was also my first one!

I was only 4, I had no idea of the consequences of only winning 1-0. 

PapaShango

Yip I had just turned 6 and had no idea either, was just in awe of being at the footy! My dad is a Hibby and took me to the game, must have been painful for him! 

I think the nicest home shirt we've had in a while was the 16/17 effort:

heart-16-17-kit+%25282%2529.jpg

Plain colour, simple sponsor in plain colour, and a proper dark maroon.  If we could get something similar from Umbro, with the diamonds down the sleeves, I'd be very happy.

The 18/19 one was also almost perfect, I just didn't like the little white flashes around the collar:

hearts-18-19-kit+%25285%2529.jpg

1 minute ago, tian447 said:

I think the nicest home shirt we've had in a while was the 16/17 effort:

heart-16-17-kit+%25282%2529.jpg

Plain colour, simple sponsor in plain colour, and a proper dark maroon.  If we could get something similar from Umbro, with the diamonds down the sleeves, I'd be very happy.

The 18/19 one was also almost perfect, I just didn't like the little white flashes around the collar:

hearts-18-19-kit+%25285%2529.jpg

Prefer both of these compared to this seasons effort

On 23/05/2022 at 19:22, Cruyff said:

Oooh, I'd be very sexy and confident in that one.  Yes please.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to 22-23 Away Kit revealed ( updated )