• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Fox

• neilnunb

• Ked

• Sooperstar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The ballroom Bellshill have contacted me again tonight to say they still have spaces for hearts fans next Saturday

I always have to drive to the game but for the first time ever will be a passenger. Was really looking forward to having a few beers but can’t believe there’s no hearts friendly pubs other than the town centre! Surely there’s somewhere 

Jeffros Furios

The Diggers for my first bevvy in over a year .

1 hour ago, Jeffros Furios said:

The Diggers for my first bevvy in over a year .

Ah ffs , you would think a cure for a std would be a lot quicker these days ? Way too much emphasis on the covid thingy obviously 😇

enjoy JF🍺cheers

1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

I always have to drive to the game but for the first time ever will be a passenger. Was really looking forward to having a few beers but can’t believe there’s no hearts friendly pubs other than the town centre! Surely there’s somewhere 

We are booked into Doctor Gorman’s pub in Rutherglen. I know of at least one bus load of Hearts fans also going there plus about 20 of us getting train. I messaged their Facebook page to book in. 

1 minute ago, ayeken said:

We are booked into Doctor Gorman’s pub in Rutherglen. I know of at least one bus load of Hearts fans also going there plus about 20 of us getting train. I messaged their Facebook page to book in. 

Cheers for that 👍

14 hours ago, Baxfee said:

We are heading to Bucks bar right at the ground, for 11am....

Sure its on the wrong side of the ground but its 2 minutes walk away....sure it will be fine...! :)

On 04/05/2022 at 23:19, gov said:

First game I'll miss all season....Will be in tenerife for the final in las americas, does anyone know any bars who will be showing it?

I watched the semi final in Buddies Bar, Scot’s owned and half a dozen or so Jambos in there that day. Lording it over the one table of Hibbys. 
There was a few other bars in Tenerife I was made aware of (there was a specific thread on here) but your issue might be avoiding Rangers fans 

Seaside Dave
On 16/05/2022 at 23:15, ayeken said:

We are booked in here aswell. And they are still open to other hearts fans aswell. They just want a quick FB message sent to give them a heads up rather than buses just turning up. So if anyone else is thinking of here then send them a wee mail. Let's goooooo

2 hours ago, Seaside Dave said:

We are booked in here aswell. And they are still open to other hearts fans aswell. They just want a quick FB message sent to give them a heads up rather than buses just turning up. So if anyone else is thinking of here then send them a wee mail. Let's goooooo

See you there! 

Seaside Dave
3 hours ago, ayeken said:

See you there! 

Yes bro looking forward to it 

inverness_jambo

Good evening

Heading down from Inverness, and usually there's one or two I know going. However, not this time. Currently not booked in anywhere pre-match. Wondering if anyone knows of a venue this would be possible at this late stage? Cheers.

Shanks said no

Hutchesontown Bowling Club Before the game and we have our wrist bands for Bensons for the celebrations on Saturday night. (No wristband = no entry)

My lot going to the Ark near George Sq. No idea what its like but if its shite or full of Huns I'll be blaming my mate. 😁

Салатные палочки
9 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

My lot going to the Ark near George Sq. No idea what its like but if its shite or full of Huns I'll be blaming my mate. 😁

That's a blast from the past!! It was a student "yellow bar" the last time I was in, albeit about fifteen years ago. 

Solid jukebox from what I can remember. 

1 minute ago, Salad Fingers said:

That's a blast from the past!! It was a student "yellow bar" the last time I was in, albeit about fifteen years ago. 

Still seems to be a student place. Hope they don't mind 'mature' students 😁

Menu looks decent tbf. Got an outdoors bit too, I think.

If it's crap we'll just pop over to the Counting House which is where we'd usually go. 🙂

Shanks said no
2 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

In true Hamilton style - what's a "yellow bar"

I did try google

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

Салатные палочки
21 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

In true Hamilton style - what's a "yellow bar"

I did try google

I think it was something to do with student cards. If you were a student (which I wasn't) you got big discounts in them. There was a few yellow bars up in Glasgow back then. The Ark and also Curlers up Byres Road were two off the top of my head. 

1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

I think it was something to do with student cards. If you were a student (which I wasn't) you got big discounts in them. There was a few yellow bars up in Glasgow back then. The Ark and also Curlers up Byres Road were two off the top of my head. 

The Tron on Hunters Square was a yellow bar back when I was a youth.

Seaside jambo
15 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

The Tron on Hunters Square was a yellow bar back when I was a youth.

Was the yellow carvel pub before the tron if I remember correctly 

forgive me if am wrong 

5 minutes ago, Seaside jambo said:

Was the yellow carvel pub before the tron if I remember correctly 

forgive me if am wrong 

It may well have been. The more I think about it the yellow group well called scream at one point. They had one up near the Commie Pool and one in Dundee called the Nether Inn.

Great if you were 18 and liked weak lager and an over cooked burger for £2.50. Maybe not to my tastes now....

Think it's unlikely I'll be heading to any on Saturday.

Marooned In Oz

Anyone heading to Montford house on the East side of the stadium at kings park?  It's close to the ground and I doubt Rangers fans will be congregating there due to it being on the wrong side.

I'll be at the Sea Salt in Days Bay at lunchtime for a couple of pints of Garage if anyone from my locale happens to be looking in.

I'll be easy to recognise.  I'll be the one in the Hearts top with a Stuart MacBride book and a big smile.

jambo4life58
2 hours ago, Marooned In Oz said:

Anyone heading to Montford house on the East side of the stadium at kings park?  It's close to the ground and I doubt Rangers fans will be congregating there due to it being on the wrong side.

Son and I heading there for opening time, phoned the pub and they said it was 1st come 1st served

Absolute Scenes
4 minutes ago, jambo4life58 said:

Son and I heading there for opening time, phoned the pub and they said it was 1st come 1st served

What time you heading for? I might give that a shot, but I’m parked at mount Florida side 😅

jambo4life58
1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

What time you heading for? I might give that a shot, but I’m parked at mount Florida side 😅

Train gets in to Central about 10 so should be in the queue at the pub for half past, called the beechwood but they said they were booked out, never been to the Montford before but sure it will be ok

7 hours ago, Marooned In Oz said:

Decent pub. Might be mixed but should be no trouble. First come first served

Review on the Ark. Shite. 👎

Didn't allow us in cos we were showing colours.

Guess we should have checked beforehand but their loss.

😁🖕👋