Pubs for Final

eck1874

2 minutes ago, Tott said:

Auctioneers , Drum + Monkey  ,Maltman,Horsehoe etc ..there are loads of pubs in the city centre that manage to operate  as normal throughout OF games without any hassle,im sure  they can handle a Hearts/rangers game.

Great - thanks - appreciated. I’m traveling on my own so I want to stay safe whilst having a great day out!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Fox

• neilnunb

• Ked

• Sooperstar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Jambo-Fox said:

Great - thanks - appreciated. I’m traveling on my own so I want to stay safe whilst having a great day out!

Drum + Monkey,just round the corner from the vastly overated  Horsehoe. Will suit you fine.

But honestly anywhere in the city centre  will be safe.

Though avoid saltmarket and st enoch area.

16 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Well if ye bump intae me just say alright mate and ye can blether over a pint and maybe sing along with our wee group.The overwhelming amount of Hearts supporters are sound.

There's nowt that will be a threat buddy .

And I've got a feeling it will be a great day.

11 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

You'll probably find a good chunk of the City Centre pubs are full of Jambos, was totally fine pre Celtic cup final in 2019 & they tend to be a bit more, *ahem*, hostile towards us. The biggest fuds among the Rangers support will probably go to their usual boozers ie the Loudon, Bristol Bar etc

the general
3 hours ago, boag1874 said:

You'll probably find a good chunk of the City Centre pubs are full of Jambos, was totally fine pre Celtic cup final in 2019 & they tend to be a bit more, *ahem*, hostile towards us. The biggest fuds among the Rangers support will probably go to their usual boozers ie the Loudon, Bristol Bar etc

How easy was it to get a taxi to the game?

4 minutes ago, the general said:

How easy was it to get a taxi to the game?

Got the train - taxis are doable (got one for the 5-1 game) but obviously you'll need to be on the ball, could maybe book an Uber in advance or something? Trains fine though, fully segregated, their trains will go to Mt Florida, ours will go to Kings Park & we queue up & enter the station separately to them.

Also probably wont have to buy a ticket because the barriers will probably be open due to the size of the crowd, so thats a win

Edited by boag1874

the general
3 hours ago, boag1874 said:

Got the train - taxis are doable (got one for the 5-1 game) but obviously you'll need to be on the ball, could maybe book an Uber in advance or something? Trains fine though, fully segregated, their trains will go to Mt Florida, ours will go to Kings Park & we queue up & enter the station separately to them.

Also probably wont have to buy a ticket because the barriers will probably be open due to the size of the crowd, so thats a win

Ta

If you get a taxi from the city centre just make sure you get dropped off at the right end of the ground. We got one for the St Mirren LC final and the plonker dropped us off at the MF end...had to run to make kickoff. Thought my cousin, who is quite a big lad, was going to have a heart attack 🤣

3 hours ago, neilnunb said:

If you get a taxi from the city centre just make sure you get dropped off at the right end of the ground. We got one for the St Mirren LC final and the plonker dropped us off at the MF end...had to run to make kickoff. Thought my cousin, who is quite a big lad, was going to have a heart attack 🤣

Same thing happened to me in 1996 vs rangers, I was the only maroon ‘sweater’ in MF!

17 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

I’m looking for a boozer in Benidorm to watch the Final. Can anyone help?

There is a pinned thread for that. Hope you find Jambos to celebrate with.

On 27/04/2022 at 03:43, Whatsthefuture said:

In Bodrum for both Rangers games, any recommendations for watching last league game and final. 

Pinned thread at the top. Might get something there.

TyphoonJambo
On 28/04/2022 at 00:29, Jambo-Fox said:

Same thing happened to me in 1996 vs rangers, I was the only maroon ‘sweater’ in MF!

My brother and I were in the Rangers end at Parkhead. Briefly.  As soon as we rattled that penalty  in our cover was blown and we had to run for our lifes. Got dragged over the fence,covered in gob and pies, by the stewards.

Tremendous day, and night, out. 

If anyone is maybe looking for a place to book a bus into. Try Titwood bowling club. I was there for the semi and they phoned me yesterday asking if we were returning for the final. My bus is already booked in somewhere else so there might be space for a bus there.

smartin1987

Was looking at a pub pre match on old castle road Glasgow it’s about 25 minute walk to Hampden. Does anyone no if this is rangers end territory?

broxburnjambo
On 30/04/2022 at 07:02, Mdoug79 said:

I’m looking for a boozer in Benidorm to watch the Final. Can anyone help?

Baxters

We are booked into Bucks bar from 11am....its on the other side of the ground though this time...on Cathcart road , basically right beside the ground

PortyBeach
3 hours ago, smartin1987 said:

Was looking at a pub pre match on old castle road Glasgow it’s about 25 minute walk to Hampden. Does anyone no if this is rangers end territory?

Yes, if you walk straight to Hampden from there I think you’d arrive at the Mount Florida end.

If you want to drink around there consider the “Clockwork” brew-pub on Cathcart Road. It’s closer to Mount Florida.

5DB2551D-E581-4E5D-9365-D07BB9F182BA.jpeg

5507A372-79A4-4E28-BBE7-A8676BEEE7A7.jpeg

Edited by PortyBeach

I have managed to get booked into the ballroom in Bellshill they did say they were willing to take more hearts fans. 

First game I'll miss all season....Will be in tenerife for the final in las americas, does anyone know any bars who will be showing it?

gashauskis9

I’m not going through on a supporters bus for the final, so need to find a boozer for me and the Mrs before the game.  

What are the best options for that side of town?.  Before the LC semi a couple of years ago against that lot I just went to the Counting House, but are there any good options closer to the stadium.  I’m not watching this one sober 😎

gashauskis9
On 26/04/2022 at 23:00, Tott said:

Drum + Monkey,just round the corner from the vastly overated  Horsehoe. Will suit you fine.

But honestly anywhere in the city centre  will be safe.

Though avoid saltmarket and st enoch area.

Thanks for this.  I think this might be my preference rather than chancing anywhere near the stadium.  Easy enough to have a few pints in town then jump in an Uber at 2ish. 

gashauskis9

Auctioneers sounds like a good shout.  That’s where I used to go before and after Scotland games 👍

south morocco
1 hour ago, gashauskis9 said:

Auctioneers sounds like a good shout.  That’s where I used to go before and after Scotland games 👍

Sounds good. I’m in the same boat 

August Landmesser
On 26/04/2022 at 19:19, Lfhearts said:

Why the f would any hearts fan drink in a rebel bar.

They have some cracking tunes tbf :whistling:

Smoked-Glass

What about pubs in Edinburgh for those who can't get tickets.  

Good atmosphere in tynecastle arms etc..

On 26/04/2022 at 21:23, Jambo-Fox said:

Thanks - I’ll give it a go 🍺 ♥️!

I’m flying up to Edinburgh, then catching train from Haymarket, flying back south from Glasgow that evening. Must have beer en route!!

Citylink do a bus from Edinburgh Airport to glasgow, might be better off with that

Jambo-Fox
1 hour ago, jb66 said:

Citylink do a bus from Edinburgh Airport to glasgow, might be better off with that

Thanks I’ll check that out 

Seaside Dave

Is any of the bars doing walk Ins on the day ? There's 4 of us and aren't really sure where to go ! Just wanting a couple pints and a sing song with fellow maroonateers 

TexasAndy
On 04/05/2022 at 16:07, PortyBeach said:

Yes, if you walk straight to Hampden from there I think you’d arrive at the Mount Florida end.

If you want to drink around there consider the “Clockwork” brew-pub on Cathcart Road. It’s closer to Mount Florida.

5DB2551D-E581-4E5D-9365-D07BB9F182BA.jpeg

5507A372-79A4-4E28-BBE7-A8676BEEE7A7.jpeg

This will be full of Rangers fans.

Ecce Romanov

Can anyone recommend somewhere in Pitlochry to watch the game?

PortyBeach
1 hour ago, TexasAndy said:

This will be full of Rangers fans.

And his other choice won’t be?

15 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

And his other choice won’t be?

I never noticed his other choice.  I know having been in the Clockwork for semi it's a 'Rangers' pub when they play at Hampden.  The minute Rangers won the semi it immediately ruled out the Shed and Clockwork unless you are happy to spend pre- match surrounded by Rangers fans.  

OmiyaHearts

Being a Glasgow southside resident for 20 years, I would recommend drinking in town. All the areas round about - Rutherglen, M Florida, Shawlands etc will be packed with huns. I don't think the Celtic pubs at the Gorbals will be welcoming either.

Really depends on your bigot tolerance levels but I never drink in any pubs around Hampden when playing old firm. You can drink in town and get the train to the stadium in 10 mins, or walk it with a carry out in 35 mins.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

16 hours ago, Ecce Romanov said:

Mackays used to have a massive screen for the football, the old mill is a decent pub

1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Being a Glasgow southside resident for 20 years, I would recommend drinking in town. All the areas round about - Rutherglen, M Florida, Shawlands etc will be packed with huns. I don't think the Celtic pubs at the Gorbals will be welcoming either.

Really depends on your bigot tolerance levels but I never drink in any pubs around Hampden when playing old firm. You can drink in town and get the train to the stadium in 10 mins, or walk it with a carry out in 35 mins.

Echo this, I'll be coming from Kilmarnock to meet mates coming through which is a bit of a pain given I can get off the train fairly near the stadium. 

crunchy frog
1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I'm thinking of going with the troops to the star bar at Eglinton toll as it's on the way to "our" end of hampden. Cn you foresee any trouble with that?  We're all housetrained.

OmiyaHearts
20 minutes ago, crunchy frog said:

I'm thinking of going with the troops to the star bar at Eglinton toll as it's on the way to "our" end of hampden. Cn you foresee any trouble with that?  We're all housetrained.

That's my local and right across from my flat, great wee pub and you'll be fine. May need to cover up the colours but you wont get any hassle inside.

crunchy frog
33 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

That's my local and right across from my flat, great wee pub and you'll be fine. May need to cover up the colours but you wont get any hassle inside.

Sound,cheers. Been in it before gig at 02 one time but wondered if it was gonnae be full of one the other or none👍

Nobody else in Bucks bar on Cathcart Road then..! :)

Looks like we will in Hun central as its that side of the ground...

delpieroismagic
19 hours ago, Ecce Romanov said:

Coach House on the main street has plenty of screens and one of the less expensive boozers in Pitlochry- was up there recently and decent atmosphere for matches. Old Mill is a nice bar and cracking live music later on at night but would not recommend to watch the football.  

Few of us getting the train through for 10:00, into one of the weatherspoons in the city centre for a bit of breakfast. Might stay there or go elsewhere, plenty places. Get a taxi about 2:00 down to Hampden.