Europa League Final

Mad Bad and Dangerous

39 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Two defeats for rangers in 4 days.

Nae cups.

Carlsberg don't do end of seasons..... 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

No chance it gets moved. 

Teams can be a victim of their own European success. That's football. 

Deal with it. Well done to them and hope they reach the final and actually win it just for the sheer bitterness that would come from celtic and Tom English etc... 

Plus they'd be knackered for the Scottish cup final. 

6 hours ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

No chance it gets moved. 

Deal with it. Well done to them and hope they reach the final and actually win it just for the sheer bitterness that would come from celtic and Tom English etc... 

What’s wrong with Tom English?

Bindy Badgy
9 hours ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

No chance it gets moved. 

Estra time loss is probably best for us. Puts extra pressure on their fitness levels and reduces morale.

1 hour ago, StevenNaismith said:

Tell him they won’t have to worry about it.

Yip.

Their game before the SC Final will be against us at Tynecastle.

46 minutes ago, Boab said:

Yip.

Their game before the SC Final will be against us at Tynecastle.

Which will probably mean Beaton as ref and he will allow the rangers players to break as many Hearts players legs as possible before the final.

11 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Which will probably mean Beaton as ref and he will allow the rangers players to break as many Hearts players legs as possible before the final.

Play the catering staff !

👍

21 minutes ago, Bauld said:

On the contrary. It will probably be lowest profile non contact game you’ve ever seen. Players who go in hard to hurt people often come off worse themselves. 

Hibs on Saturday is one of the few games I can remember where one entire team were sent out to injure the key players on another team under the guise of ‘playing on the edge’

3 hours ago, Bindy Badgy said:

Estra time loss is probably best for us. Puts extra pressure on their fitness levels and reduces morale.

Never seemed to affect them for their semi final 

22 hours ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

May 13, 2006 was the 133rd day of the year 2006 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 232 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.

13 May 2006
15:00
Heart of Midlothian 1–1 (a.e.t.) Gretna

200w.gif

Hibs v Celtic in 2013 was, as far as I know, the only cup final with a crowd that was played on a Sunday. UEFA tried to force through a rule that meant no other game could be played at all on the same day as the CL Final. 
Thankfully this stupid idea only lasted one year. Definitely a Saturday this season, no matter what The Rangers do in Europe. 

7 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

On the contrary. It will probably be lowest profile non contact game you’ve ever seen. Players who go in hard to hurt people often come off worse themselves. 

Hibs on Saturday is one of the few games I can remember where one entire team were sent out to injure the key players on another team under the guise of ‘playing on the edge’

There was one game when rangers came to Tynecastle in the 14-15 championship season, they definitely came to injure on that occasion 

29 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Hibs v Celtic in 2013 was, as far as I know, the only cup final with a crowd that was played on a Sunday. UEFA tried to force through a rule that meant no other game could be played at all on the same day as the CL Final. 
Thankfully this stupid idea only lasted one year. Definitely a Saturday this season, no matter what The Rangers do in Europe. 

Let’s be clear here. There is no danger whatever we’re agreeing to a Sunday cup final and we would HAVE to agree. It wasn’t that long ago Rangers refused to move a fixture to accommodate us. Can’t remember the detail but I think it was related to Europe. 

If we get asked (we won’t be) and we say yes (we won’t) we might as well just hand them the cup and pull the shutters down.

29 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Let’s be clear here. There is no danger whatever we’re agreeing to a Sunday cup final and we would HAVE to agree. It wasn’t that long ago Rangers refused to move a fixture to accommodate us. Can’t remember the detail but I think it was related to Europe. 

If we get asked (we won’t be) and we say yes (we won’t) we might as well just hand them the cup and pull the shutters down.

Absolutely with you, Jimmy!

Fozzyonthefence
3 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Rangers made us play at Ibrox on the Saturday after a European Thursday night game, so absolutely - **** them!  

As you say though, no chance this will happen.

I don't think any of this is going to work in our favour.  I think Leipzig will knock them out and Celtic will beat them at parkhead next week.

I could be wrong of course and I hope I am.  I want every game to be a cup final for them.

The Treasurer
13 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

The final can't be moved to the Sunday as we have a parade on an open top bus planned for that day 

15 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

The final can't be moved to the Sunday as we have a parade on an open top bus planned for that day 

I'm led to believe that starting from the City Chambers is a no-no this year with Easter Road as an alternative being given the green light.

Harry Potter
22 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

:greggy:

10 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I don't think any of this is going to work in our favour.  I think Leipzig will knock them out and Celtic will beat them at parkhead next week.

I could be wrong of course and I hope I am.  I want every game to be a cup final for them.

The upside of all that is they’ve had 2 major psychological downs and they’ve still had more games theyve needed to play at full pelt. Winning the cup for them is not much more than a consolation prize. For us it’s the one game left that we need to put our absolute all into. Absolutely no pressure on us whatsoever. A free hit in some ways. 

They are better than us but they’ve been pretty ordinary at times when they’ve let their levels drop. If they do that in the cup final, assuming we have a strong enough team we can put out, we’re winning this.

Edited by JimmyCant

johnking123

Would be amusing to see Celtic fans face if Rangers won the bloody thing and took there automatic Champions league spot. 

Victor Meldrew
On 20/04/2022 at 17:04, Smoked-Glass said:

We've had finals on Sundays before.   Gretna one was Sunday

No it wasn't. Saturday 13th May

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
On 21/04/2022 at 07:58, kila said:

What’s wrong with Tom English?

He's mostly okay with regards to hearts. However he hates rangers to his core and also seems to despise the Scottish Rugby team to a creepy stalker degree. 

My dislike for him isn't based on anything hearts related. 

On 22/04/2022 at 09:12, JimmyCant said:

The upside of all that is they’ve had 2 major psychological downs and they’ve still had more games theyve needed to play at full pelt. Winning the cup for them is not much more than a consolation prize. For us it’s the one game left that we need to put our absolute all into. Absolutely no pressure on us whatsoever. A free hit in some ways. 

They are better than us but they’ve been pretty ordinary at times when they’ve let their levels drop. If they do that in the cup final, assuming we have a strong enough team we can put out, we’re winning this.

A trophy that has not been won since 2009 , you are having a laugh .