Europa league/conference 22/23 - Zurich v Hearts

mickycameron98

Edinburgh - Basel tomorrow morning, any fellow jambos in Zurich tomorrow what boozers are we taking over šŸ‡±šŸ‡»šŸ‡±šŸ‡»

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Heartsmad1874

• JimmyCant

• hughesie27

1 minute ago, Thought Police said:

Sorry if Iā€™m being daft but is there a way to view in English, or are you putting it through Google translate?

Ā 

Or do you speak German?

Strange. My phone automatically translated the whole site.

3 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Sorry if Iā€™m being daft but is there a way to view in English, or are you putting it through Google translate?

Ā 

Or do you speak German?

Ā 

Using Chrome, Google should ask if you want to translate it.

From their forum.Ā 

Ā 

Re: FCZ - Hear

ts: EL Playoffs, kybunpark, Thu 18.8.22, 7 p.m

• Ā 

contributionbyĀ MetalZHĀ Ā»Ā 08/15/22 @ 22:15

Franky_H wrote:
umluft wrote:The Hearts fans are believed to be quite fond of traveling and will probably appear in quite large numbers in St. Gallen (some say 800, others even over 1200).Ā Because of our start to the season, they are (rightly?) pretty optimistic that this will hold up against us (except for a few cautious users).Ā It is also interesting to see which paths they take.

Has two match threads and one travel thread:Ā https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.ph ... e-terrace/

So if you don't think you have a chance against us at the moment, you play mini golf.Ā The Hearts and their fans come to Switzerland in large numbers, and rightly so.Ā From us, on the other hand, only the hard, masochistic core will probably come.Ā I suspect bad things on Thursday and I'm only optimistic in principle, because that's the way it should be.Ā But my feeling tells me I should stay at home and spare myself the shame.

What is this attitude?

3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Someone needs to help the lad Dave meet our Hamilton-based poster.

Ā 

One question about the ticket office being open and one post extolling the virtue of the opposition.

Ā 

Maybe it's some kind of rule that every football team's message board has to have a poster like that?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

They are probably the same 'bot'...

Ā 

FarmerTweedy
22 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Just realised I downloaded the PDF!Ā  It was 2020/21. Sevco got ā‚¬2.087m and celtic got ā‚¬1.214m from the market pool, so ā‚¬3.301m in total.Ā  There's no guarantee the total for Scotland will be the same again this season as it depends on which countries have teams in the group stage, but it's likely to be in the ballpark.

Further info, the Europa League market pool in 2020/21 was ā‚¬168m, but has now dropped to ā‚¬139.5m, which would bring the share for Scotland down to something like ā‚¬2.8m if reduced proportionately. Still way above Conference League money if we got that to ourselves!Ā 

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, His name is said:

Does anyone know if there is any split of the gate receipts for the euro games?Ā 

Pretty sure home team takes all

Kennyfragg13

Leeds are after gnonto there main st for 5 million gd news if true probably wonā€™t want risk playing him against us.

3 hours ago, Tour22 said:

Also from the ticket office. Whatever figure is correct going to need to chop a decent amount off it. I know plenty people are buying a ticket just for the 5 points to give them a chance for the groups. The staff member said there was a lot uncollected.

Surely Hearts will take these uncollected tickets to the match for collection in Switzerland! Surely?

Ā 

I might book tomorrow to go out on Wednesday and if I do Iā€™d hope Hearts are flexible in providing a ticket. If not Iā€™ll do what Victor Meldrew has done and buy one from Zurich in the home end (near the away end!)!

12 minutes ago, Kennyfragg13 said:

Leeds are after gnonto there main st for 5 million gd news if true probably wonā€™t want risk playing him against us.

mehhhhh. Heā€™s had more yellow cards in the last 2 and a bit seasons than heā€™s had goals (11 in total) Heā€™s 18. Heā€™s a wido.Noise him up. Leave some Gorgie on him early doors. See if he sinks or swims.

Edited by JimmyCant

10 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Is Thursday's game on TV?Ā  I can't see a listing on BT Sport.

BBC Scotland, iPlayer and BBC website.

Edited by DETTY29

5 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Surely Hearts will take these uncollected tickets to the match for collection in Switzerland! Surely?

Ā 

I might book tomorrow to go out on Wednesday and if I do Iā€™d hope Hearts are flexible in providing a ticket. If not Iā€™ll do what Victor Meldrew has done and buy one from Zurich in the home end (near the away end!)!

Ticket Office have been super helpful for me as I couldnā€™t pick up tickets in person (Iā€™m Dublin based). Said there would be capability for awkward people like me to pick up in St Gallen. Know a few people in same boat.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Tbh, can't be arsed looking back through the thread for the link, but someone recently posted a link to a UEFA report on either last season's or the season before's money distribution and it showed sevco getting something like ā‚¬1.9m and celtic something like ā‚¬1.4m IIRC. It was certainly over ā‚¬3m in total.

So you dont know the detail then. Fair enough :)

Ā 

4 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

So you dont know the detail then. Fair enough :)

Ā 

Itā€™s back in the thread somewhere mate like he said. It was just a hair over Ā£3 million if I remember right.Ā 

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, jambocub said:

Anyone know when the team fly out ?

Training here on Wednesday morning, then flying out.

Not training on the St Gallen pitch, as they are going to rest up, have dinner and then have a walk around

Allowayjambo1874

Interesting comment within their fans forum:

Ā 

Very offensively oriented wings a or to put it another way: their wings are fast and radiate a great deal of danger. On the other hand, their full-backs are their biggest weakness... They don't particularly like pressing and speed.

CloustonHMFC

Reading their forum, they donā€™t seem particularly optimistic but do think that if they play like they did against Linfield that theyā€™ll have chance. Hoping that their start to the season is down to the players only thinking about the UEL. Personally reckon if we go and play our game weā€™ll comfortably win both legs but a bit concerned from Robbies comments that weā€™re going there to not get beat.Ā 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Reading their forum, they donā€™t seem particularly optimistic but do think that if they play like they did against Linfield that theyā€™ll have chance. Hoping that their start to the season is down to the players only thinking about the UEL. Personally reckon if we go and play our game weā€™ll comfortably win both legs but a bit concerned from Robbies comments that weā€™re going there to not get beat.Ā 

We are not going there to attack full belt. Imagine we will try to keep a good shape and use our front players to break on them or get their back 4 turning, they seem quite uncomfortable on the turn

Ā 

CloustonHMFC
Just now, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

We are not going there to attack full belt. Imagine we will try to keep a good shape and use our front players to break on them or get their back 4 turning, they seem quite uncomfortable on the turn

Ā 

They play a back 3.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, CloustonHMFC said:

They play a back 3.

Turn of phrase :)

Ā 

Should just have said defence eh!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

No further word on Leeds progress with the striker today, Leeds have a few under 23s worth making enquiries for if it does come off for them

CloustonHMFC
20 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Turn of phrase :)

Ā 

Should just have said defence eh!

I know, just being pedantic šŸ˜‰

18 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

They play a back 3.

Theyve got quite a few systems they play. Back 3 mostly for their European games but they play 4 half the time. They do like to populate the midfield and they like a high press. Most lineups have had 3 in midfield . Whatever system they use, their defence gives up chances.

Ā 

I think weā€™ll play a very cagey game over there and try and bog down the midfield and see if we can get at them on the break. Worried about their pressing game but break that and they might struggle with McKay and Shankland

Ā 

Come out if this still in the tie. A goal behind at worst and I think weā€™ll go through.

upgotheheads

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Gordon.

Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā SmithĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā HalkettĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  RowlesĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Kingsley

Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  DevlinĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Haring

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Grant

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā MackayĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Cochrane

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Shankland

Ā 

Ā 

Subs,Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Boyce,Ā  Forrest,Ā  Sibbick, GMS, Halliday, Ginnelly, Neilson, Atkinson, Stewart.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Are 5 subs allowed in European competition?

3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

When Robbie says we are going there notbto lose all I can imagine is a Glasgow performance against the OF.

Mind games. He wonā€™t just park the bus. Weā€™re not good enough to defend against decent opponents for 90 minutes. We might see an extra man in midfield but I donā€™t think weā€™ll try and sit in all night. This is the sort of game youā€™ll see how much RN has grown and improved (or not)

17 minutes ago, mbhmfc said:

More seats released for Edi-Zurich direct flight. Out Thursday morning, back Friday morning.Ā 

Ā 

Ā£384 currently.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
42 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

When Robbie says we are going there notbto lose all I can imagine is a Glasgow performance against the OF.

Hybrid, think he will look to get forward when we can but its going to be about taking away space, fairly obvious, considering how United got ragdolled offering space. They might have a bad start to the League, but this is a step up on any game we have played this season, and we lack experience in this environment.

Ā 

If we are coping at half time maybe change it, get the impression we are quite confident of handling them at home

52 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

3-0 at HT.Ā 

Ā 

3-1 and out at FT.Ā 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

We know how that usually turns out.

2 hours ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Ā 

I'm pretty sure he goes into every match with the intent, not to get beat.Ā 

Ā 

For the most part it worked ok last season, and going by the fact we are undefeated this season, it seems to be working out ok so far.Ā 

Ā 

Personally I'd be more concerned if he said, we're hoping not to loose too many goals!...

2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Gordon.

Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā SmithĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā HalkettĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  RowlesĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Kingsley

Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  DevlinĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Haring

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Grant

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā MackayĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Cochrane

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Shankland

Ā 

Ā 

Subs,Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Boyce,Ā  Forrest,Ā  Sibbick, GMS, Halliday, Ginnelly, Neilson, Atkinson, Stewart.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Are 5 subs allowed in European competition?

Not sure about the subs but thatā€™s the sort of line up Iā€™d like to see. Makes sense to play an extra midfielder.

39 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

If he sets us out to not go for a goal and win he can fk off

Ā 

He'll send them out to contain but you would hope we use Mckay and Forrest as outlets at times.

29 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Ā 

He'll send them out to contain but you would hope we use Mckay and Forrest as outlets at times.

As long as weā€™re containing them in the midfield rather than 25 yards from goal and as long as we have an out ball. Itā€™s really easy to drop deeper and deeper as we did in the derby

Ā 

I feel he will contain and see how far it takes us and make subs based on where we are and what we need. The number 1 objective in a 2 leg tie is to get out of the away leg still in the tie

Edited by JimmyCant

5 hours ago, jambocub said:

Anyone know when the team fly out ?

Thereā€™s a charter to Zurich due out from Edinburgh at 1pm tomorrow. Call sign BRO703A - 2excel aviation.

Tom Hardyā€™s Dug
25 minutes ago, ZanderMIM said:

Thereā€™s a charter to Zurich due out from Edinburgh at 1pm tomorrow. Call sign BRO703A - 2excel aviation.

This is top notch infoā€¦