Europa league/conference 22/23 - Zurich v Hearts

mickycameron98

Anyone know if it's open today? Trying to sort tickets for Zurich but getting no answer from their phones. 

Additionally, has anyone had issues adding a member to their network on eTickets? Trying to add using their number and surname but doesn't find anyone. Details are definitely correct.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Heartsmad1874

• JimmyCant

• hughesie27

Should be back working again in 15

mins. They will be changing it around to allow season ticket holders to buy from 1500.

26 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Anyone know if it's open today? Trying to sort tickets for Zurich but getting no answer from their phones. 

Additionally, has anyone had issues adding a member to their network on eTickets? Trying to add using their number and surname but doesn't find anyone. Details are definitely correct.

Sometimes you need a different ref no,happened to me twice. E mail ticket office and they will sort it.

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I'd imagine the club could guess quite easily roughly how many people would want to sit in a stand at Tynecastle to watch a big telly that's either near enough in front of them but miles away, or near them but away off to the left, meaning they've got to sit twisted round in their seat the entire time! 

Yes, that was discussed after that post; these screens don't seem to be getting installed with this purpose

It's more puzzling why it is not done these days, particularly by rangers who were the first

Seems it's only a thing for those TV blackout nights, like the 'money spinner' derby and such like

We'd need something like Watford or something better, after thinking about it

pettigrewsstylist

Lets just focus on Zurich. They look fast in posession down the flanks. We will need to put a real shift in to combat that 

Heartsmad1874
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Alcohol free, unless UEFA rules have changed since I was last at a Euro tie abroad. 

Was at Man City v Real Madrid in April and could get pints from the concourse. Many fans with them at seats as most stewards down there don't care enough to challenge.

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I don't see that as likely at all, in fact I think it's extremely pessimistic. I would expect us to finish bottom of a UEL group, and I think there'd be a fair chance of at least one or two tankings along the way, but we've played quite a number of European matches against very big clubs over the years and often come away with good results, at least over 90 minutes if not over two legs very often (Bayern Munich, Bordeaux, Braga, Basel, Liverpool, Spurs and Stuttgart are just a handful of examples where we've got a win or draw over 90 minutes), and we regularly have close games against the arsecheeks even if we don't get often get the sort of result we hope for.  And it's not as if we'd be coming up against Real Madrid, Man City, Bayern, etc, in a Europa League group.

In fact, it's bordering on ludicrous to think we wouldn't at least have some close fought games in a Europa League group, and slightly pessimistic to even think we'd be likely to lose all 6 games, never mind get tanked in all 6! 

Yip, think we'll win a few home games. 

Even Utd, despite the ragdolling they taken in Holland actually beat AZ. 

They would have had 3 points ( and a shite gd😂). 

Couple of home wins with a few pastings away. 

Pretty standard for most Scottish teams, rangers broke that trend last season but started with it this season and celtic for years have been utter shite away but good at home. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

21 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Was at Man City v Real Madrid in April and could get pints from the concourse. Many fans with them at seats as most stewards down there don't care enough to challenge.

You’re right. UEFA relaxed the rules in 2018. 

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Yes, that was discussed after that post; these screens don't seem to be getting installed with this purpose

It's more puzzling why it is not done these days, particularly by rangers who were the first

Seems it's only a thing for those TV blackout nights, like the 'money spinner' derby and such like

We'd need something like Watford or something better, after thinking about it

At the end of the day, it would be really expensive and logistically very difficult to set up screens in a way and in locations that would make sitting in a stand watching the screens a practical and enjoyable experience. The reality for Hearts is that putting the game on in the 1874 bar and any hospitality suites we could fill is far more sensible than trying to engineer a facility to have fans sitting in the stands watching big screens. 

5 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

At the end of the day, it would be really expensive and logistically very difficult to set up screens in a way and in locations that would make sitting in a stand watching the screens a practical and enjoyable experience. The reality for Hearts is that putting the game on in the 1874 bar and any hospitality suites we could fill is far more sensible than trying to engineer a facility to have fans sitting in the stands watching big screens. 

I agree. Of course, they should have engineered the big screens so they could tilt out to face the opposite stand when required.  🥸

Ricardo Quaresma
28 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Yes, very costly

I think it will expand (what we already have) further, with other suites in the stadium, but can't see it going further

On a large scale for big games, we will sell screening rights anyway; whichever company buys rights will want loads of money

This chat already concluded anyway

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma
typo

2 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Ah, I'd gone on the assumption the graphic was correct! Disappointing! 

The graphic is correct for our pot seedings but they use the 10 year coefficient for the payments. Just UEFA being overly complex!

Ricardo Quaresma

Will we get a Euro 'bounce' if we scud Zurich, say, 2-0, when we rock up to darkheid? 😄

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma
typo

Ricardo Quaresma
37 minutes ago, Masonic said:

bring on man utd in the group stages btw they are 5h1t

Tickets would be gold dust

Watt-Zeefuik
41 minutes ago, Masonic said:

bring on man utd in the group stages btw they are 5h1t

Historically shit team or not a Hearts result at Old Trafford would be legendary.

26 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Tickets would be gold dust

hardly man utd would give us plenty their fans wouldnt sell out either

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, Masonic said:

hardly man utd would give us plenty their fans wouldnt sell out either

Meant at Tynecastle

2 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Meant at Tynecastle

Would be season ticket holders given priority I'm sure as part of a 3 match package. The remainder would be gone in a heartbeat though I'm sure.

2 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Meant at Tynecastle

as long as u have a season ticket its lightwork

poppin in tmz for my zurich tickets

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, Ccjambo1874 said:

Would be season ticket holders given priority I'm sure as part of a 3 match package. The remainder would be gone in a heartbeat though I'm sure.

Oh, absolutely; TMK we've never even played them competitively

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Masonic said:

as long as u have a season ticket its lightwork

poppin in tmz for my zurich tickets

Funny you should say that

If I'd known that the ticket exchange was going to happen, I would've got one

Work's a bitch for ST, but it should be much better with this option now, when attending isn't possible

GorgieOnTour

Seen a photo doing the rounds of hearts fans meeting in a square in the old town of St.Gallen. 
A quick look suggests it’s ideal and not far from my hotel😁 

f*****g buzzing!!

No Idle Talk
8 hours ago, martoon said:

Great that the game is on cooncil telly.

I just popped into this thread to say this. It will be good to not have to use a stream for a change. 🙂

I'm genuinely a bit giddy with excitement for the home tie.

European nights.

Atmosphere will be incredible. 

My youngest son will experience it for the first time (also his first ever Season Ticket)

The game cannot come quick enough!

Heartsmad1874
21 minutes ago, GorgieOnTour said:

Anyone know why we’ve been given D1 and D4 sections? It’s two corner sections separate from one another?

D4 was on sale but isn't now. Maybe sold out or been taken off sale due to D2 or 3 not being on sale yet. Be interesting to see how much we can shift from tomorrow onwards.

29 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I just popped into this thread to say this. It will be good to not have to use a stream for a change. 🙂

👍

There's always always a downside, though:

CPqAAyyWIAAAhXs.thumb.jpg.58de66ea332493047fc13c42bc106e8f.jpg

Edited by martoon

The Real Maroonblood
13 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

I'm genuinely a bit giddy with excitement for the home tie.

European nights.

Atmosphere will be incredible. 

My youngest son will experience it for the first time (also his first ever Season Ticket)

The game cannot come quick enough!

Regardless of the opposition European nights are special. 

9 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Alcohol free, unless UEFA rules have changed since I was last at a Euro tie abroad. 

UEFA rules are a joke, irrelevant and not enforced!

I’ve been at 4 Europa Conference games in Europe this year. All games

were selling beer. Strength of beer variable. Strongest in Denmark, weakest in France. Take it to your seats no problem!

Just back from an EPL game … also selling decent strong beer but must drink in concourse.

Scotland is the only country that I’m aware of that doesn’t sell beer at

football anywhere! 

25 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

were selling beer. Strength of beer variable. Strongest in Denmark, weakest in France. Take it to your seats no problem!

Just back from an EPL game … also selling decent strong beer but must drink in concourse.

football anywhere! 

You know which two sets of fans to blame for the Scottish laws. 

The laws might seem strict but we had to do something at the time. 

The Real Maroonblood
31 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

football anywhere! 

Doesn’t bother me not getting alcohol at the football.

I’ve usually had enough all week to do me.

🍺🍺🍺

CloustonHMFC
17 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I was at Bayern v Benfica in the UCL group stages last year and beer was on sale. 

Ricardo Quaresma
8 hours ago, luckydug said:

You know which two sets of fans to blame for the Scottish laws

This

8 hours ago, luckydug said:

You know which two sets of fans to blame for the Scottish laws. 

Was at the time not 40 years ago., time for a rethink surely. 

Ricardo Quaresma
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I'm cynical as to the outcome of any review of this; this is because of weeg alkies, is it ever going to change?

9 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I'm cynical as to the outcome of any review of this; this is because of weeg alkies, is it ever going to change?

Make it home supporters only. People have seat numbers which means they know they can be identified which should keep the bother down to a minimum. 

27 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not if you have a set of fans throwing missiles and doing pitch invasions after 1-1 draws 

Ricardo Quaresma
12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Make it home supporters only. People have seat numbers which means they know they can be identified which should keep the bother down to a minimum. 

Sound with that

1 minute ago, karipidis said:

Not if you have a set of fans throwing missiles and doing pitch invasions after 1-1 draws 

Would it be worse if they sold beer in grounds. Folk have plenty time to get bevvied before the game anyway. A few lagers in a plastic cup won’t make any difference to fan behaviour. Folk hardly ever get searched going into grounds, if you were of a mind you could easily sneak a half bottle of spirits or a hip flask in. Not serving beer is just stupid imo. 

they should allow pints 2 per season ticket for each game and u scan ur QR code each time so you cant buy more than 2.

price £5.01 per pint

periodictabledancer
4 hours ago, CloustonHMFC said:

I was at Bayern v Benfica in the UCL group stages last year and beer was on sale. 

Alcohol free ? 

I've been to Bordeaux and Stuttgart for Hearts games  where alcohol free beer was sold. 

14 hours ago, GorgieOnTour said:

Anyone know why we’ve been given D1 and D4 sections? It’s two corner sections separate from one another?

Our tickets are in D2 if that helps.

four winds jambo

I saw Switzerland v N Ireland in Geneva last year in the Nations League (a UEFA-controlled comp) and full strength beer was on sale to the away fans (and probably the home fans as well).

Ricardo Quaresma
54 minutes ago, Masonic said:

they should allow pints 2 per season ticket for each game and u scan ur QR code each time so you cant buy more than 2.

price £5.01 per pint

I had the exact same idea 😄

Seaside Dave
43 minutes ago, four winds jambo said:

I saw Switzerland v N Ireland in Geneva last year in the Nations League (a UEFA-controlled comp) and full strength beer was on sale to the away fans (and probably the home fans as well).

I was at that game was great. But then again northern Ireland fans are brilliant 😂 we know why Scottish club fans getting punished for not being allowed alcohol in stands. They are blue and green and from another city 

58 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Alcohol free ? 

I've been to Bordeaux and Stuttgart for Hearts games  where alcohol free beer was sold. 

Was at Scotland v Brazil in Paris. 

Guy in the queue "we're alright , they've got beer and it's sans alcool "!

August Landmesser
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Zurich losing 1-0 away to the second bottom team. 20 minutes to go

Donis started, subbed off after an hour, so he must be fit after all