Europa league/conference 22/23 - Zurich v Hearts

mickycameron98

The Hogfather
1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

Other than thr non alcoholic Heineken Bar (if that's still there) we do not have the facilities.

We have to my knowledge no existing area to store kegs, the taps or pipes required to pour the beer, enough staff legally allowed to sell alcohol. All these things cost money. Money that will eat away any income brought in from crazy folk who would attend.

Add in the additional cost of stewarding, having the floodlights on and people to clean up the stadium after the game too.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Heartsmad1874

• JimmyCant

• hughesie27

Ricardo Quaresma
7 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Don't hold your breath on an email coming out either. Far, far easier for the club to use the existing facilities rather than pay money to set something else up on the hope a few folk turn up to sit in the Gorgie Stand.

Nobody is suggesting an E-Mail is sent at this stage; this is just a hypothesis

Ricardo Quaresma
8 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Other than thr non alcoholic Heineken Bar (if that's still there) we do not have the facilities.

We have to my knowledge no existing area to store kegs, the taps or pipes required to pour the beer, enough staff legally allowed to sell alcohol (majority of the kiosk staff on matchdays will be under 18 and those who arent will need to be put through a training course to sell alcohol.). All these things cost money. Money that will eat away any income brought in from crazy folk who would attend.

6 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Add in the additional cost of stewarding, having the floodlights on and people to clean up the stadium after the game too.

That would all be in the feasibility study, if there was to be one; as above, this is a hypothetical discussion; good chat

I think that's a wrap now 🤘

8 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I was expecting us to be rock bottom of that table. 3 places off the bottom would mean around another £350k, so even more reason to want to beat Zurich rather than drop into the Conference League! 

I think they use the ten year coefficient which is different from the coefficient shown in the graphic. Unfortunately we have one of the lowest ten year coefficients of the teams left in the Europa League.

Potential opponents if thing go the way of the higher coefficient in the next round.

Conference is  lot easier to pick up points, Europa there is a high chance of zero points which won't be fun.

Screenshot_2022-08-12-18-04-01-378_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2022-08-12-18-03-49-196_com.android.chrome.jpg

Just now, SM8 said:

On holiday when the away leg is played. Anyone know how to get the iPlayer/Scotland channel abroad?

Perhaps Hearts could email everyone on holiday and ask them if they'd like to attend a beam back for other fans in their resorts.

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

Perhaps Hearts could email everyone on holiday and ask them if they'd like to attend a beam back for other fans in their resorts.

Come on TF, Hughsie:rofl:

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

1 bar for a whole stand. Plus a small bar in a hospitality suite. You'd be in the queue for the 90 minutes.

Mind you you'd at least getting a better view of thr match on a normal TV screen in the suite.

So you agree we have bar facilities that could offer alcohol in the main stand, to a reduced capacity audience.

:thumb:

Was there alcohol on sale at the Festival opening concert a few years ago?

Fire_At_The_Disco

Trying to reserve my own seat and my sons for Zurich game at home. Only mines shows as an option, does he need to log in and reserve his own? He’s on my network🤷🏻‍♂️

12 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

So you agree we have bar facilities that could offer alcohol in the main stand, to a reduced capacity audience.

:thumb:

Was there alcohol on sale at the Festival opening concert a few years ago?

If they reduced capacity is 200 folk then sure. 

29 minutes ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

Trying to reserve my own seat and my sons for Zurich game at home. Only mines shows as an option, does he need to log in and reserve his own? He’s on my network🤷🏻‍♂️

You need to Manage his tickets, which is a change from last year. You request to manage and he has to approve it

6 hours ago, Back to 2005 said:

Sorry if been asked previously but how do you buy for other people online for the home game as my son has his seat next to mine. I can normally buy and assign tickets to him but as far as I can see I can only buy my own seat? Or am I missing something? 

In the same boat. Any luck?? 

JamboRossi79
2 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Potential opponents if thing go the way of the higher coefficient in the next round.

Conference is  lot easier to pick up points, Europa there is a high chance of zero points which won't be fun.

Screenshot_2022-08-12-18-04-01-378_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2022-08-12-18-03-49-196_com.android.chrome.jpg

Quite interesting to show the quality of some of the opponents we could be facing in either competition 

41 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

need to ask to manage his tickets 

Thought that. Don't know the login info for his member number unfortunately as his first ST was a gift and the person who bought it has no idea. Hopefully TO can sort it out. 

9 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Think I will just buy them before the game on Sunday. 

Yeah that's what I was thinking. 

Hope you get them sorted 👍🏻

maroondevo52
10 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Well, that's obviously not right; have you contacted the TO?

I got Confirmation from Hearts along with my e-ticket, it was my Natwest app that said I was making a payment to Hearts of Midlothian.

All seems ok.

Cory McNamara
17 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Cory, you do realise that Zurich have lost their manager, their star striker, their star midfielder and have been beaten every single game so far except a 0-0 draw at home to Luzern, a team with no wins and lower half finishes regularly in Swiss league

They look very soft right now in Swiss league, it seems that it's hard for them to resolve internal problems. But, there are only 7 points between them and the leaders. Here we have another tournament, everything is possible, they play better. I remember how Luzern won the Swiss Cup in 2021, they could have done it again in 2022 (1/2; 2-2, 3-4), this club is not a circus. 

Players from Frankfurt haven't won a league game since March 13th. 10 matches without a single win. They looked terrible in Germany few months ago. They still do. Unfortunately, others use them like a rug right now. During this convulsive period this team somehow won the UEFA Cup. They beat very strong sides, this was another tournament with the unique winning path. Of course, they can thank Kent until the last breath or Ramsey until the second coming. Footballers took the major trophy, who cares about their place in the German league. 

We just need to be concerned about our team though, we really should get one or two in by the 18th

Ricardo, we have some internal problems too. We still have to find several pieces and bits, to make them work. Our best midfielder in recent years is not with us anymore. Sometimes others look like a sin when the action is near the field center. Shots from the distance shouldn't be such a problem, cheap long balls too. Hope, Robert knows what to do, have plan A, B, C & even D. Forwards should play better and be more leathal. I like some of our goals, that's uplifting. 

Look at Hearts in Twenty Twenty - beat Rangers twice, stopped them from winning the league & cup. The big final for us, but what about the Scottish league back then and our style of play? Different tournaments, different paths and results. 

Edited by Cory McNamara

4 hours ago, SM8 said:

On holiday when the away leg is played. Anyone know how to get the iPlayer/Scotland channel abroad?

Hearts TV will show for international members 

Frank Sidebottom
23 minutes ago, Cory McNamara said:

They look very soft right now in Swiss league, it seems that it's hard for them to resolve internal problems. But, there are only 7 points between them and the leaders. Here we have another tournament, everything is possible, they play better. I remember how Luzern won the Swiss Cup in 2021, they could have done it again in 2022 (1/2; 2-2, 3-4), this club is not a circus. 

Players from Frankfurt haven't won a league game since March 13th. 10 matches without a single win. They looked terrible in Germany few months ago. They still do. Unfortunately, others use them like a rug right now. During this convulsive period this team somehow won the UEFA Cup. They beat very strong sides, this was another tournament with the unique winning path. Of course, they can thank Kent until the last breath or Ramsey until the second coming. Footballers took the major trophy, who cares about their place in the German league. 

Ricardo, we have some internal problems too. We still have to find several pieces and bits, to make them work. Our best midfielder in recent years is not with us anymore. Sometimes others look like a sin when the action is near the field center. Shots from the distance shouldn't be such a problem, cheap long balls too. Hope, Robert knows what to do, have plan A, B, C & even D. Forwards should play better and be more leathal. I like some of our goals, that's uplifting. 

Look at Hearts in Twenty Twenty - beat Rangers twice, stopped them from winning the league & cup. The big final for us, but what about the Scottish league back then and our style of play? Different tournaments, different paths and results. 

what language do you translate your posts from? 

FarmerTweedy
15 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

How are you working that out? Never seen anything mentioned about coefficient rankings relating to payments before.

Part of the money in the Europa League group stage is paid based on ranking all 32 clubs based on their coefficient. The bottom team gets 132k euros which, last time I looked, was in the ballpark of £115k. 2nd bottom team gets 2x €132k, 3rd bottom gets 3x €132k, and so on. If we're 4th bottom, that's €392k more than the bottom team gets. Admittedly, the exchange rate might work out at more like £325k, but it's that sort of ballpark. The Conference League has the same thing but it's only something like €44k rather than €132k per spot in the ranking.

FarmerTweedy
15 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

You have more chance of getting points and therefore £££s in the Conference. Not a great enough disparity in cash to incentivise, qualification to EL and almost certain thrashings, for some anyway

According to earlier posts, the market pool for Scotland for the Europa League is about €3.3m. If correct, and if sevco make the CL group stage, that blows any argument about us being able to make more money from the Conference League completely out of the water.

Either or is a multi million money spinner. The major priority is attempt to reinforce the co-efficient to maintain this money spinner. Just 10 years ago Scotland were ranked 24th, and that gets you shit. No direct entry to anything.

Anything but first round qualifier and you will have a shitty seeding status. Right now Scotland are 9th and so far Motherwell contributed zero, while Dundee United did at least register a win before a thrashing.

I don't think the OF can maintain that ranking alone now there is an extra entrant.

Ricardo Quaresma
6 hours ago, maroondevo52 said:

I got Confirmation from Hearts along with my e-ticket, it was my Natwest app that said I was making a payment to Hearts of Midlothian.

All seems ok.

Ah, right, so it's not dodgy, just a bit offensive to Hearts fans 😄

Why don't people copy & paste from the source, so they can blame someone else & cover their ass if something is incorrect?

Ricardo Quaresma
6 hours ago, Cory McNamara said:

Yes, yes, quite true, there are concerns about certain situations during matches, but it was a defender we lost, he went to rangers

Are you using a translator? Where are you from, Cory?

12 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

We have no facilities in place to offer alcohol on the stands. We wouldn't pay to bring any in for a handful of European games nobody would attend.

It's a non starter. 

Not sure if it’s been answered but I’m fairly sure alcohol is not on sale in stadium for UEFA games

Ricardo Quaresma
7 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Not sure if it’s been answered but I’m fairly sure alcohol is not on sale in stadium for UEFA games

Well, the whole thing's been discussed

But it's not a game that was being discussed, it was a beamback, an event with no players or opposition fans present

57 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

We are talking about watching the away matches on the screens in stadium. Not home games.

FarmerTweedy
23 hours ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Based on the team list I would much rather be in the conference tbh. It would aid our development as squad far more than getting tanked for 6 games on UEL (which even the most blinkered Hearts fan must see as likely) as I reckon we could be competitive in almost all of the possible scenarios. We do, however, have to go out to win the playoff and what will be will be. 

I don't see that as likely at all, in fact I think it's extremely pessimistic. I would expect us to finish bottom of a UEL group, and I think there'd be a fair chance of at least one or two tankings along the way, but we've played quite a number of European matches against very big clubs over the years and often come away with good results, at least over 90 minutes if not over two legs very often (Bayern Munich, Bordeaux, Braga, Basel, Liverpool, Spurs and Stuttgart are just a handful of examples where we've got a win or draw over 90 minutes), and we regularly have close games against the arsecheeks even if we don't get often get the sort of result we hope for.  And it's not as if we'd be coming up against Real Madrid, Man City, Bayern, etc, in a Europa League group.

In fact, it's bordering on ludicrous to think we wouldn't at least have some close fought games in a Europa League group, and slightly pessimistic to even think we'd be likely to lose all 6 games, never mind get tanked in all 6! 

CloustonHMFC
7 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I don't see that as likely at all, in fact I think it's extremely pessimistic. I would expect us to finish bottom of a UEL group, and I think there'd be a fair chance of at least one or two tankings along the way, but we've played quite a number of European matches against very big clubs over the years and often come away with good results, at least over 90 minutes if not over two legs very often (Bayern Munich, Bordeaux, Braga, Basel, Liverpool, Spurs and Stuttgart are just a handful of examples where we've got a win or draw over 90 minutes), and we regularly have close games against the arsecheeks even if we don't get often get the sort of result we hope for.  And it's not as if we'd be coming up against Real Madrid, Man City, Bayern, etc, in a Europa League group.

In fact, it's bordering on ludicrous to think we wouldn't at least have some close fought games in a Europa League group, and slightly pessimistic to even think we'd be likely to lose all 6 games, never mind get tanked in all 6! 

Then call me Mr Glass Half Empty but I definitely think we’d get ranked in 4, if not all 6, games in a UEL group. 

20 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Then call me Mr Glass Half Empty but I definitely think we’d get ranked in 4, if not all 6, games in a UEL group. 

Very possible but it all comes down to luck of the draw. Looking at the groups last year there's a couple where if you swap us for the lowest ranked side we'd have a chance at some points

Group F : Red Star Belgrade; Braga; Ludogorets; Hearts

Group H : West Ham; Dynamo Zagreb; Rapid Wien; Hearts 

Both those groups I'd like to think we'd have a chance of finishing 3rd and dropping to the Conference League. 

There's a couple of groups we'd likely have been steam rollered by all the other sides but on the whole I'd say most of the groups have at least one side we could be optimistic about getting a result against at Tynecastle. 

The Conference League had a couple of groups I wouldn't have given us much of a chance in either. As I say, it's luck of the draw and I want us in the draw with the biggest names possible. 

Edited by Jamboross

7 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

Very possible but it all comes down to luck of the draw. Looking at the groups last year there's a couple where if you swap us for the lowest ranked side we'd have a chance at some points

Group F : Red Star Belgrade; Braga; Ludogorets; Hearts

Group H : West Ham; Dynamo Zagreb; Rapid Wien; Hearts 

Both those groups I'd like to think we'd have a chance of finishing 3rd and dropping to the Conference League. 

There's a couple of groups we'd likely have been steam rollered by all the other sides but on the whole I'd say most of the groups have at least one side we could be optimistic about getting a result against at Tynecastle. 

The Conference League had a couple of groups I wouldn't have given us much of a chance in either. As I say, it's luck of the draw and I want us in the draw with the biggest names possible. 

For me we should aspire to play at the highest level we can.  Otherwise, what’s the point? 🤷‍♂️

6 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

There definitely was on Thursday for the zurich v Linfield game. Could clearly see fans drinking from plastic pint glasses 

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

For me we should aspire to play at the highest level we can.  Otherwise, what’s the point? 🤷‍♂️

Definitely this Dave. The higher the level then hopefully the better calibre of player we can attract.

As long as this isn’t a one season flash in the pan then I think we’ll be fine. Rewind 4 years and this is a pipe dream to where we were. Any Jambo back then would’ve bitten the hand off for just a qualifying game.

I still think we’re 4 quality players away from making a real impact in Europe but it’s baby steps just now and hopefully by next season, we’ll have a years worth or European games under our belt and know what’s required.

Thursday is unchartered territory for us so we can only go forward and build from here. We need Tynecastle rocking for the full 90 when playing our home games and just by looking along the M8, we can see what a raucous home support can do for your confidence 

18 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Definitely this Dave. The higher the level then hopefully the better calibre of player we can attract.

As long as this isn’t a one season flash in the pan then I think we’ll be fine. Rewind 4 years and this is a pipe dream to where we were. Any Jambo back then would’ve bitten the hand off for just a qualifying game.

I still think we’re 4 quality players away from making a real impact in Europe but it’s baby steps just now and hopefully by next season, we’ll have a years worth or European games under our belt and know what’s required.

Thursday is unchartered territory for us so we can only go forward and build from here. We need Tynecastle rocking for the full 90 when playing our home games and just by looking along the M8, we can see what a raucous home support can do for your confidence 

👍

26 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

There definitely was on Thursday for the zurich v Linfield game. Could clearly see fans drinking from plastic pint glasses 

Alcohol free, unless UEFA rules have changed since I was last at a Euro tie abroad. 

That's why finishing third again is more important than anything we do in Europe this season. 

We need to establish ourselves as a regular European side who are in and around group stages every year. It's actually ridiculous it has been 6 years since we played a Euro match. 

Gorgie_Rules
35 minutes ago, Homme said:

That's why finishing third again is more important than anything we do in Europe this season. 

We need to establish ourselves as a regular European side who are in and around group stages every year. It's actually ridiculous it has been 6 years since we played a Euro match. 

Agreed. It was massive to finish 3rd last season with the sum of money involved, but getting it back to back could really help us pull away from the rest.

We would comfortably be able to hand out 2/3 year contracts to a higher standard of player.

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

Clerry Jambo
37 minutes ago, Homme said:

Said exactly the same thing to a friend earlier. Treat Europe as an added bonus and go and enjoy it but the league is vital in establishing ourselves as one of the top teams rather than being a yo yo mob

FarmerTweedy
20 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I would expect a feasibility study, centred around demand

E-Mail everyone on database to ask if they'd go

But first of all, are the club allowed, can a deal be done, what would it cost for each fan?

I'd imagine the club could guess quite easily roughly how many people would want to sit in a stand at Tynecastle to watch a big telly that's either near enough in front of them but miles away, or near them but away off to the left, meaning they've got to sit twisted round in their seat the entire time! 

FarmerTweedy
20 hours ago, Swelljambo said:

I think they use the ten year coefficient which is different from the coefficient shown in the graphic. Unfortunately we have one of the lowest ten year coefficients of the teams left in the Europa League.

Ah, I'd gone on the assumption the graphic was correct! Disappointing!