Europa league/conference 22/23 - Zurich v Hearts

mickycameron98

The Hogfather
5 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Can’t seen us taking 2,500 over at such short notice with 3 group games to come

I disagree. Social media was full of people booking flights as soon as the draw was made.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Heartsmad1874

• JimmyCant

• hughesie27

11 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Can’t seen us taking 2,500 over at such short notice with 3 group games to come

Will be interesting to see final numbers. All my mates were definitely going and then slowly dropped off one by one as they worked out costs and logistics. Now leaves me with challenge of how to get my ticket as I’m Dublin based and a last minute trip to Edinburgh is going to add EUR200 to cost!!

Sub4TiddlerMurray

I apologise to everyone I insisted that DU had strengthened and would be good this season. They are horrendous at the back and their goalie is worse than Periera. We will pump them!

Just watching the United game and previously rangers struggling away abroad shows how next week is a massive game for us.

If we keep it close with something to play for at Tynie I think that’s our best chance to go through.

Weirdly having quick players who can counter like Ginnelly would probably be ideal for an away leg in Europe.

Ricardo Quaresma

They (Alkmaar) are cleverly shooting when a utd defender is blocking the keeper's view

Working very well

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Are they aye?

That was always going to happen in Alkmaar. Maybe not to that extent but a hammering was on the cards tonight.

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

That was always going to happen in Alkmaar. Maybe not to that extent but a hammering was on the cards tonight.

Aye cause Dundee United are actually absolute dugshite. 1 point from 6 in the Scottish Premiership and currently bringing further shame on the Scottish game ... 

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Aye cause Dundee United are actually absolute dugshite. 1 point from 6 in the Scottish Premiership and currently bringing further shame on the Scottish game ... 

We'll see how we get on at the weekend. 

Zurich!! This will be an absolutely brilliant trip for the fans imo, so is the away leg now confirmed as the 18th of August? If so i am very tempted to go to this, Just hope we don't get smashed and can stay in the tie until the 2nd leg. Donis avdijaj scoring twice today for them as well, perhaps not as bad a player as we all thought?

Edited by gregzy2k7

2 hours ago, Madjambo21 said:

Was he the guy that in the last minute of the game went to cross the ball and put it way out for a goal kick.

Thought he looked pish with us but always feel players like that come back to haunt us

He did this in two separate games

Cory McNamara
54 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

I apologise to everyone I insisted that DU had strengthened and would be good this season. 

They have strengthened their sepulcher with artificial cold stones & old bricks. 

The Real Maroonblood
34 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Zurich!! This will be an absolutely brilliant trip for the fans imo, so is the away leg now confirmed as the 18th of August? If so i am very tempted to go to this, Just hope we don't get smashed and can stay in the tie until the 2nd leg. Donis avdijaj scoring twice today for them as well, perhaps not as bad a player as we all thought?

The away leg was always going to be the 18th.

1 hour ago, IanV said:

Will be interesting to see final numbers. All my mates were definitely going and then slowly dropped off one by one as they worked out costs and logistics. Now leaves me with challenge of how to get my ticket as I’m Dublin based and a last minute trip to Edinburgh is going to add EUR200 to cost!!

I would be willing to pick your ticket up for you on Sunday and would arrange to meet you across there with it. Would save you paying extra money to come to Edinburgh etc. Drop me a PM if you want me to help out.

Cory McNamara

Conference League

Slavia Praha vs. Panathinaikos 2-0, 1-1

Brondby vs. Basel 1-0, 1-2 (1-3)

Wolfsberger vs. Gzira United 0-0, 4-0

Sofia vs. St Patrick's Athletic 0-1, 2-0

Sligo Rovers were good today and won another game, 1-0, nice results for this team.

UEFA Cup

Shamrock Rovers vs. Shkupi 3-1, 2-1

Linfield vs. Zurich 0-2, 0-3

Olympiacos vs. Slovan Bratislava 1-1, 2-2 (4-3)

Cory McNamara

August 18th & August 25th

Zurich vs. Heart of Midlothian

Ferencvaros vs. Shamrock Rovers

Apollon vs. Olympiacos

Gent vs. Omonia

46 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

I would be willing to pick your ticket up for you on Sunday and would arrange to meet you across there with it. Would save you paying extra money to come to Edinburgh etc. Drop me a PM if you want me to help out.

46 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

I’m going to talk to ticket office in morning as see a lot of people are in similar position. I know they’ve been more flexible in the past (even if not totally official)  so you never know. If not I’ll drop you a PM and will definitely owe you a beer in St Gallen.

Zurich are currently bottom of their league.

Played 4, lost 3, drawn 1.

No goals scored.

They did win the league by 14 points last year though.

Only narrowly lost to Qarabag in extra time (5-4 on aggregrate) in their Champion's League playoff, before skooshing Linfield 5-0 on aggregate to set up the meeting with Hearts.

:interehjrling: Are they concentrating on Europe at the expense of league performance?

4 hours ago, OTT said:

(genuine question) Do you think it sounds ridiculous? 

It seems to line up, especially when you see the success of so called inferior leagues. 

Without transparency in the workings of SPFL/SFA and the "interference" of the Uglies, with Green Ugly predominant as a result of The Rangers being a new club, we really only can theorise - a bit like Truss being a Stooge, although the waters are less murky in her case, after all the Uglies have roots and history going back over 100 years of cabals and behind closed doors meetings, I would strongly suggest Scottish Football is as smelly as a potato that's been left in the fridge drawer for a year.

The SFA refs etc., are the black fungus on that tattie.

Looks almost certain we'll be in Pot 4 in the Europa League. Depending on who qualifies we get more money through the coefficient payment. Minimum payment would be around €132k. Maximum payment would be close to €660k.

51 minutes ago, IanV said:

I’m going to talk to ticket office in morning as see a lot of people are in similar position. I know they’ve been more flexible in the past (even if not totally official)  so you never know. If not I’ll drop you a PM and will definitely owe you a beer in St Gallen.

No problem. Drop me a message if you need any help.

No Idle Talk

So.........Zurich.

What's the general thoughts about what our chances are. 50-50? Better than that? Less?

I feel like we're probably underdogs for this. I believe it's a tie we can win. But it's going to be tough I reckon.

Arthur Morgan
3 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

So.........Zurich.

What's the general thoughts about what our chances are. 50-50? Better than that? Less?

I feel like we're probably underdogs for this. I believe it's a tie we can win. But it's going to be tough I reckon.

We have to make sure we keep ourselves in it for the return leg at Tynecastle. I believe we can give most teams (within reason) a good game there.

No Idle Talk
Just now, Arthur Morgan said:

We have to make sure we keep ourselves in it for the return leg at Tynecastle. I believe we can give most teams (within reason) a good game there.

Absolutely. I hate saying this kinda thing, because it sounds like you're signing up for a defeat(never ok with that), but if we came out of the first leg with a 2-1 defeat, I think we'd be well in with a chance.

FarmerTweedy
On 09/08/2022 at 16:44, August Landmesser said:

Portugal are the country next in line above Scotland in the rankings, their top two are straight into the CL groups, and 3rd goes into the CL qualifier at the same stage that Rangers have this year (which effectively guarantees group stage EL).

So, overtaking Portugal would seem to be the goal - they're nearly 12 co-efficient points ahead of Scotland just now though, so it'll take a bit of time!

Portugal have now been overtaken by the Netherlands, pushing them down to 7th, so they won't get the CL qualifying place for their 3rd place team next season. We need to overtake both of them to get it, and that will be extremely tough. 

Thought Police
1 hour ago, BASIL_HEARTS said:

On 91 loyalty points if anyone is toiling for a ticket  in away leg, could use my reference number 

Doubtful, you need 100

Away tickets to be collected from ticket office at Tynecastle! That doesn’t show much concern by the club for the geographical spread of Hearts supporters! 

Cory McNamara

If they look like a Swiss cheese right now doesn't mean they will be like this one or two weeks later. Hearts can win few games at home. Dundee United could have done the same. We are not that far from them right now, it looks like only Charlie Mulgrew has something big at international level behind his shoulders. What he can do alone as a defender with such big open spaces around and incompetence of certain footballers? Will Gordon pull it off, alone? Most Hearts players are yellow-beaked, what do they know about continental football, group stages, tough opponents that you have to face almost every week, play-off? Zurich won the league, they have that winning DNA & mindset inside. This is another tournament, this is not a comfortable home league where you know who's hot & who's not and jump around. Less games to play, every shot should mean something, every movement and pass should be thoughtful. There is no game that is not important.

tumblr_orgexyIQoI1tulv1do5_r1_500.gifv

1 hour ago, No Idle Talk said:

Absolutely. I hate saying this kinda thing, because it sounds like you're signing up for a defeat(never ok with that), but if we came out of the first leg with a 2-1 defeat, I think we'd be well in with a chance.

Don't think away goals count double anymore. Could be wrong though...!

Kalamazoo Jambo
9 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Don't think away goals count double anymore. Could be wrong though...!

You’re correct. Away goals rule was scrapped by UEFA last year.