Europa league/conference 22/23 - Zurich v Hearts

mickycameron98

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

I’m pretty sure the Prague game was switched around due to Spurs playing Slavia. Rings a bell.

It was. A guy from my work and his laddie booked up as soon as the draw was made (plus a couple of pals IIRC), and ended up actually going there and watching the home leg on telly in a Prague boozer!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Heartsmad1874

• JimmyCant

• hughesie27

Wee Mikey
On 04/05/2022 at 15:26, briever said:

They literally are Shopkeepers, postmen, waiters etc in Gibraltar and Malta.

Don't forget the Ministry of Defence Police Officers! Not to mention taxi drivers. H1b5 should sign that Lee Casciaro fella ... 🤣

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36761213

Edited by Wee Mikey

JimmyCant
Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

Good luck RB Leipzig.

An early goal would be nice.

I’d rather Rangers have their biggest game since Manchester to play 3 days before a cup final. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I’d rather Rangers have their biggest game since Manchester to play 3 days before a cup final. 

I know but I can’t bring myself wanting them to win a game.

Scummy club.

JimmyCant
41 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I know but I can’t bring myself wanting them to win a game.

Scummy club.

Only one game I care about them ‘not winning’ mate, but see your point.

Imo it's definitely in our favour if Rangers reach the final.  It's also in our favour if we can manage to beat Celtic.  More pressure games for them in the league.

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Only one game I care about them ‘not winning’ mate, but see your point.

👍

20 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

It was. A guy from my work and his laddie booked up as soon as the draw was made (plus a couple of pals IIRC), and ended up actually going there and watching the home leg on telly in a Prague boozer!

Yeah, I got caught out.

57 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Good luck RB Leipzig.

An early goal would be nice.

Get a grip, need them to win ffs.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

I've already explained. 

So don't get your knickers in a twist. 

Spitonastranger
4 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

No we don't, we need to win the cup and some imaginery thought that if they play 3 days before will help our cause is stupid. Thats what Celtic thought and look what happened there. Anyone with sense wants that mob ridden dry 🤓

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

No we don't, we need to win the cup and some imaginery thought that if they play 3 days before will help our cause is stupid. Thats what Celtic thought and look what happened there. Anyone with sense wants that mob ridden dry 🤓

:fonzie:

Tom Hardy’s Dug
On 04/05/2022 at 10:00, FarmerTweedy said:

It's not the 'prize money' element that makes the difference, it's the 'market pool'.  Depending on whether it was just us, or also sevco, in the Europa League group stage, the market pool could be worth an extra amount somewhere in the region of about £1.5m to £3m, or maybe even more! 

I am guessing TV deals may be more lucrative in Europa - or is that money already accounted for in the pay outs??

Wee Mikey
5 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

We're going to Budapest

Our last trip there was a total hoot, but a final would indeed top that. 🤞🤞🤞

19 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Joel hasn't included that teams who lose in the final qualifying round for the Europa get €300k on top of the money for reaching the Conference group stage.

Also not included, there is a co-efficient pool, split between clubs based on their coefficient.  In the Europa, the lowest ranked team gets €130k, second lowest €260k and so on.  For the conference the increments are €45k

On top of that is the Market Pool referred to a few posts back, which is difficult to work out, but based on a previous year's figures it looks like Scotland's share for the Europa could be around €2.2m, but this can vary depending on Scotland's share of the total media rights.  By comparison the total Market Pool for the Conference is less than 20% of the Europa.  If we're the only Scottish club in the groups, we'd keep all of this money, otherwise it's shared with any other Scottish clubs that make the groups.

On a rough basis, converting to Sterling, Conference Group stage should net us at least £3m before taking into account attendances and any points gained.  Europa League should be at least £1m more, possibly £2m if we were to get the market pool to ourselves.

3 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Joel hasn't included that teams who lose in the final qualifying round for the Europa get €300k on top of the money for reaching the Conference group stage.

Also not included, there is a co-efficient pool, split between clubs based on their coefficient.  In the Europa, the lowest ranked team gets €130k, second lowest €260k and so on.  For the conference the increments are €45k

On top of that is the Market Pool referred to a few posts back, which is difficult to work out, but based on a previous year's figures it looks like Scotland's share for the Europa could be around €2.2m, but this can vary depending on Scotland's share of the total media rights.  By comparison the total Market Pool for the Conference is less than 20% of the Europa.  If we're the only Scottish club in the groups, we'd keep all of this money, otherwise it's shared with any other Scottish clubs that make the groups.

On a rough basis, converting to Sterling, Conference Group stage should net us at least £3m before taking into account attendances and any points gained.  Europa League should be at least £1m more, possibly £2m if we were to get the market pool to ourselves.

Quality posting.

2 hours ago, Spitonastranger said:

Ram it.

Rick Sanchez

Extra time, win and plenty injuries please 🤞

Wrong thread.

Edited by Rick Sanchez

4 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

Feck you blue boy and your opinions 

He’s got a point, though. 👍

heartsfc_fan

Leipzig are better than Frankfurt right? Certainly their league position suggests it...

1 hour ago, Spitonastranger said:

Feck you blue boy and your opinions 

Language, great result for us if they play   in a toasting hot Sevilla with extra time hopefully, 3 days before our cup final, only numptys could think different.

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I am guessing TV deals may be more lucrative in Europa - or is that money already accounted for in the pay outs??

It is, yeah, all sold centrally by UEFA these days, certainly for group stage onwards anyway. I think, although I don't know for sure, that at least some of the qualifying rounds may still be down to the clubs to sell TV rights, but whether that's accurate at all, and if so whether it applies to the playoff round, and if so how much it might be worth, I don't know. 

Spitonastranger
27 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Language, great result for us if they play   in a toasting hot Sevilla with extra time hopefully, 3 days before our cup final, only numptys could think different.

Your the biggest numpty on here. 

Spitonastranger
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

He’s got a point, though. 👍

No he really doesn't, winning the Cup is down to us👍

The Treasurer

Great effort from West Ham, showed real heart, no capitulation like some others. 

Incredible atmosphere but could have turned nasty at the end with the fans being allowed to invade the pitch 

2 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

No he really doesn't, winning the Cup is down to us👍

Yes, fair enough.

I still, however, think the point that the more games Rangers play, the heat in Seville, potential injuries, the disappointment (if they lose) and the general fatigue that comes with all of these factors, dictate that it will give us a slightly better chance of turning them over.

Spitonastranger
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Yes, fair enough.

I still, however, think the point that the more games Rangers play, the heat in Seville, potential injuries, the disappointment (if they lose) and the general fatigue that comes with all of these factors, dictate that it will give us a slightly better chance of turning them over.

Now they are in the final you are right it should benefit us, but we need to be focused and not lose early goal or two, then go on and win the cup. HHGH 

8 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

Now they are in the final you are right it should benefit us, but we need to be focused and not lose early goal or two, then go on and win the cup. HHGH 

Without a doubt.  👍

Losing an early goal would be an absolute disaster.  We need to contain them at first, hopefully get a goal or at least reach half-time still level, then hit them with a goal, then ‘do a Robbie’ and hang on for dear life.  😆

We can do it, whether we actually do is as divergent as it is possible!

HHGH 🥰

tazhearts

If Rangers win the Europa Cup do Hearts get into the Champions League playoff match? And if not, why not.

Spitonastranger
5 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Without a doubt.  👍

Losing an early goal would be an absolute disaster.  We need to contain them at first, hopefully get a goal or at least reach half-time still level, then hit them with a goal, then ‘do a Robbie’ and hang on for dear life.  😆

We can do it, whether we actually do is as divergent as it is possible!

HHGH 🥰

Let's hope me, you and all Jambos are celebrating 😍

1 minute ago, Spitonastranger said:

Let's hope me, you and all Jambos are celebrating 😍

I certainly hope so, Spit.  👍

8 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I certainly hope so, Spit.  👍

Agreed any advantage to us is crucial for me, them playing three days before cup final is massive for our chances.

39 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

Your the biggest numpty on here. 

Now now I just want what's best for Hearts.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Quality bit at the end, mentioning  the final... Just in case. 

The money is game changing. 

Also realised that if we got to the Europa group league stages - then finished 3rd  we'd still be in Europe. 

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

If Rangers win the Europa Cup do Hearts get into the Champions League playoff match? And if not, why not.

No. 

Because we don't get an extra space for the ucl. 

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

No. 

Because we don't get an extra space for the ucl. 

We are debating this in our whatsapp chat.  Where does the additional UCL place go if not to Scotland? The Europa League place is already factored into the draw meaning Scotland's second place would now be unallocated...

Bazzas right boot
Just now, adso7 said:

We are debating this in our whatsapp chat.  Where does the additional UCL place go if not to Scotland? The Europa League place is already factored into the draw meaning Scotland's second place would now be unallocated...

No idea, but not us. 

4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

No idea, but not us. 

Fair response, I'm gonna keep dreaming anyway!

No Idle Talk

Chuffed to see Roma progress to the Conference final. 

Hearts win the Scottish Cup

Liverpool win the quadruple

Roma win the Conference

That would be a great season for me. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Europa league/conference 22/23 - Zurich v Hearts