Europa league/conference 22/23 - Zurich v Hearts

mickycameron98

On 06/08/2022 at 08:29, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Yeah, noticed that

Well, they won their first title in 12 years or so, last season

I think we might partake in more than just pyro in that scenario 😄

They have lost their manager, 2 or 3 key players; as far as can be seen, they have only added Donis Avdijaj to their team

Here's their results so far, the only win against Linfield

19/07/22 UCL Qarabag    3 - 2 Zürich  
23/07/22 SUL Zürich        0 - 0 Luzern  
27/07/22 UCL Zürich        2 - 2 Qarabag  
30/07/22 SUL St. Gallen  2 - 0 Zürich  
04/08/22 UEL Linfield      0 - 2 Zürich

Zurich vs Sion today at 1.15 for anyone remotely interested in anything outwith ER

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Heartsmad1874

• JimmyCant

• hughesie27

Has anyone heard anything from Hearts yet? I’m waiting to book flights but don’t want to waste hundreds booking then they change it to a Wednesday or flip the fixtures 

1 minute ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Has anyone heard anything from Hearts yet? I’m waiting to book flights but don’t want to waste hundreds booking then they change it to a Wednesday or flip the fixtures 

:laugh:

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

:rofl:

19 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Joking aside but Hearts must have had dozens of enquiries along this line and should really have made some kind of clarity statement.

If the fixture is still subject to possible change, say so. If we’re DEFINITELY going to be away on the 18th and home in the 25th, say so

I know the club don’t want to disrespect Linfield by prejudging the outcome so talking about travelling to Zurich wouldn’t be on but the situation needs final clarity for some folk and that’s fair.

One thing to note though. UEFA don’t give a flying **** about your travelling plans. If it needs changed for any reason. TV or a perceived clash of some kind, they’ll just do it 

Edited by JimmyCant

Ricardo Quaresma

Should we not have the right to ask for the same number of tickets as we would have got at the larger stadium? If FCZ win if course, in midweek coming

16 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Should we not have the right to ask for the same number of tickets as we would have got at the larger stadium? If FCZ win if course, in midweek coming

Their home stadium is 26,000 capacity. Their last 2 attendances have been 10k for a Euro game and 12k for a league game.

St Gallen have 19k capacity. Depending on the segregation requirements I’d say that every Hearts fan who wants a ticket for the away leg will get one 

Ricardo Quaresma
6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Their home stadium is 26,000 capacity. Their last 2 attendances have been 10k for a Euro game and 12k for a league game.

St Gallen have 19k capacity. Depending on the segregation requirements I’d say that every Hearts fan who wants a ticket for the away leg will get one 

Yes, we should get at the very least 4,000 or so

Presumably the away end is enough there

Can't see us taking that many

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma
added more

9 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

-

The ‘official’ away section of that stadium is one very small looking corner which doesn’t seem to be fenced off. The stadium capacity goes down to 17k for European games as they have to ‘re-seat’ standing areas. We’re entitled to 5% of capacity which is about 900. We’ll probably have more than that wanting to go right enough, maybe even double that. Can’t see any reason why that would be a problem 

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, JimmyCant said:

The ‘official’ away section of that stadium is one very small looking corner which doesn’t seem to be fenced off. The stadium capacity goes down to 17k for European games as they have to ‘re-seat’ standing areas. We’re entitled to 5% of capacity which is about 900. We’ll probably have more than that wanting to go right enough, maybe even double that. Can’t see any reason why that would be a problem 

Nah, they'll surely keep a buffer of 1 or 2 sections, like us in the Roseburn

Cheers for finding that out, Jimmy

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

So we get bigger crowds.🙂.

57 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

-

With guaranteed 3 group games in either Europa or Conference I think most folk will hang off until the group stages.  Reckon we will only take around 500 to 1000 over.

For teams of our stature there’s not that much difference in qualifying for the the Europa league or Conference however it it was a Champions league play-off I do agree we would take a few thousand over.

Also the uncertainties and short notice of who we will be playing (although Zurich now firm favourites) and the costs will put people off committing to the play off.

Ricardo Quaresma
4 hours ago, happyjam said:

With guaranteed 3 group games in either Europa or Conference I think most folk will hang off until the group stages

Yes, thought about that; still, very big important game, would hope for 4 figures

Heartsmad1874
3 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Have the prices of flights to Zurich, increased by much.

Depends on your route. Edinburgh to Basel flights Wednesday and Thursday with Easyjet  are sold out. There was a direct flight to Zurich from Edinburgh price was rising constantly on Tuesday.

Some people going via Milan/Germany etc may still find cheap flights.

51 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Sion dishing out a wooping for Zurich today 0-3.   Shocker. 

With their top rated player being...

Screenshot_20220807-160603.png

5 hours ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Depends on your route. Edinburgh to Basel flights Wednesday and Thursday with Easyjet  are sold out. There was a direct flight to Zurich from Edinburgh price was rising constantly on Tuesday.

Some people going via Milan/Germany etc may still find cheap flights.

Some even heading to palma de majorca😉

Jambo 4 Ever

I don’t think we can beat Zurich unless we sign some more attack minded players 

Edited by Jambo 4 Ever

Cory McNamara

Unfortunately, having two hard games in a week is a tiring thing. That's what happened with Dundee United. Not the worst home game for them, but in the end something was off. You have to be harder, something special inside the team may put everything in order. The bell rings.

Heartsmad1874
7 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

4 games played, 1 point and they are bottom of the league and just lost 3-0 at home to Sion yesterday.

Yet we can't beat them :rofl:

GorgieOnTour

Fully understand the fans wanting clarity before booking. 
We’ve seen European ties moved before and with the rumours of the game potentially being moved to to the Wednesday, of course the club should inform us fans who are wary of booking until. 
Roll on Zurich/StGallen 🇱🇻🇱🇻 

Heartsmad1874
2 minutes ago, GorgieOnTour said:

We’ve seen European ties moved before and with the rumours of the game potentially being moved to to the Wednesday, of course the club should inform us fans who are wary of booking until. 

9 days to go until the game now. Its been 6 days now since the draw, if there was to be any date changes i'm pretty sure Hearts/UEFA would have confirmed this by now.

I think we'll just see an announcement that the game is getting played in St Gallen rather than Zurich.

Edited by Heartsmad1874

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

9 days to go until the game now. Its been 6 days now since the draw, if there was to be any date changes i'm pretty sure Hearts/UEFA would have confirmed this by now.

I think we'll just see an announcement that the game is getting played in St Gallen rather than Zurich.

Hearts/UEFA won't confirm date changes to a game that's not even been confirmed yet

A bit unprofessional and disrespectful to Linfield 

Frank Sidebottom
1 hour ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

4 games played, 1 point and they are bottom of the league and just lost 3-0 at home to Sion yesterday.

Yet we can't beat them :rofl:

Apparently the worst start to a season by Swiss champions in 50 years. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, GorgieOnTour said:

The only thing to be confirmed is the opposition.

Mr Elwood P
15 minutes ago, Frank Sidebottom said:

Apparently the worst start to a season by Swiss champions in 50 years. 

Not surprised as they haven't even scored a single league goal ...

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

You thinking 2-3-5?

Auld school? 

Gorgie_Rules
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Hearts/UEFA won't confirm date changes to a game that's not even been confirmed yet

A bit unprofessional and disrespectful to Linfield 

‘IF’ Zurich progress is all it takes. For balance they can even confirm what date/venue it will be ‘IF’ Linfield progress.

Heartsmad1874
17 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

‘IF’ Zurich progress is all it takes. For balance they can even confirm what date/venue it will be ‘IF’ Linfield progress.

Exactly its not rocket science ffs :rofl:. Theres fans out there waiting for this confirmation of dates which looks like it won't come until Thursday night/Friday morning and who knows what price of flights/hotels will be if it is the same dates.

24 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Exactly its not rocket science ffs :rofl:. Theres fans out there waiting for this confirmation of dates which looks like it won't come until Thursday night/Friday morning and who knows what price of flights/hotels will be if it is the same dates.

I think you are under the mistaken impression that UEFA or Zurich or Hearts give a toss about the travelling arrangements of 1000 fans to a game that hasn’t even been confirmed yet

2 minutes ago, maroon said:

7pm kick off time in Zurich (8pm Uk time) club not offering spaces on charter. 

If it's 8pm UK time that'll be 9pm Zurich time...? 

7 minutes ago, maroon said:

is it aye ? See when it’s 8pm here in the UK, it’s 9pm in Zurich. If it’s 7pm in Zurich it’s 6pm here. Plus, we’re not playing in Zurich anyway

Edited by JimmyCant

davemclaren
37 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I think you are under the mistaken impression that UEFA or Zurich or Hearts give a toss about the travelling arrangements of 1000 fans to a game that hasn’t even been confirmed yet

Hearts have advised their supporters not to book until confirmed. What more could they do?

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, maroon said:

Where is this confirmed? 

Just now, davemclaren said:

Hearts have advised their supporters not to book until confirmed. What more could they do?

Nothing. That’s the advice and the only advice they are going to give. Outwith that, if you want to gamble and book Zurich under presumptions it’s entirely up to you and Hearts don’t feel the need to expand on it, and why would they ?

Heartsmad1874
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Unfortunately for Hearts not many were ever going to listen to that advice, feel bad for those that are waiting as prices are through the roof and they must be hoping for a swap.

But with price of things these days can't blame people seeing we got Zurich/Linfield and taking a punt on what was originally £150 flights.

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Nothing. That’s the advice and the only advice they are going to give. Outwith that, if you want to gamble and book Zurich under presumptions it’s entirely up to you and Hearts don’t feel the need to expand on it, and why would they ?

I imagine they are as much in the dark as the supporters. UEFA do things in mysterious and unaccountable ways. 

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Unfortunately for Hearts not many were ever going to listen to that advice, feel bad for those that are waiting as prices are through the roof and they must be hoping for a swap.

But with price of things these days can't blame people seeing we got Zurich/Linfield and taking a punt on what was originally £150 flights.

I agree. Did it myself in the past. 

6 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

True, but having given the ‘don’t book’ advice Hearts have absolved themselves of any responsibility if it goes tits up.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Indeed, we obviously waited until it was confirmed as the Thursdays before we changed the Celtic(nice to do it to them for a change and will

cost them money) and St Johnstone games to Sundays. 

jambocall51

where would everyone be staying? just booked a hotel in St Gallen, looked on google maps and there's a good few pubs right in the centre. one called Gallus which is a Scottish Irish pub so definitely plenty of places to congregate before the match 

48 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

is it aye ? See when it’s 8pm here in the UK, it’s 9pm in Zurich. If it’s 7pm in Zurich it’s 6pm here. Plus, we’re not playing in Zurich anyway

Aye my fault there lol. Got told it’s 7pm CET and got mixed up there. Thanks for pointing out the games not in Zurich. 👍

Edited by maroon

GorgieOnTour
17 minutes ago, jambocall51 said:

where would everyone be staying? just booked a hotel in St Gallen, looked on google maps and there's a good few pubs right in the centre. one called Gallus which is a Scottish Irish pub so definitely plenty of places to congregate before the match 

Staying in St.Gallen. The old town has a cracking square that would be perfect for congregating 😁

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Europa league/conference 22/23 - Zurich v Hearts