Europa league/conference 22/23 - Zurich v Hearts

mickycameron98

Ricardo Quaresma
22 minutes ago, graygo said:

Nothing has been confirmed yet, it will get confirmed the exact way everyone expects it to and the shouters will proclaim that they knew all along.  Nap.

Are you thinking that the tie can still be reversed?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Heartsmad1874

• JimmyCant

• hughesie27

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, graygo said:

It can, it won't.

It can't; the only thing that can happen now is that St Gallen change their mind and refuse the use of their ground; if that happens, UEFA would step in and change to another Swiss venue, or award us a 3-0

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I know, several people who haven't read the thread trying to scramble around in a panic :rofl:

Pant wetting. 

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

Pant wetting. 

Well, the dates were known for months; everything was dealt with earlier in thread

Someone posted a picture, with dates and order of ties, from the club at around page 40

There is no conflicting matches

Zurich aren't trying to pull a fast one to get tie dates reversed and gain 2nd leg home advantage, how could they?

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Well, the dates were known for months; everything was dealt with earlier in thread

Someone posted a picture, with dates and order of ties, from the club at around page 40

There is no conflicting matches

Zurich aren't trying to pull a fast one to get tie dates reversed and gain 2nd leg home advantage, how could they?

I know. 

There's nothing to tell people. 

The fans travelling abroad seem to understand it.

I don't think anyone is 'pant wetting'. Merely stating that the fixture hasn't been confirmed, which is factual. Everyone on this thread is well aware the fixtures are pretty much 100% going to take place at the locations, dates and times we expect, all they're saying is it isn't official. No one can provide any confirmation on this thread from either UEFA or Hearts of when the games will take place. The below is what's on the UEFA website.

Screenshot_20220805-114353_Chrome.jpg

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, Waterboy said:

I don't think anyone is 'pant wetting'. Merely stating that the fixture hasn't been confirmed, which is factual. Everyone on this thread is well aware the fixtures are pretty much 100% going to take place at the locations, dates and times we expect, all they're saying is it isn't official. No one can provide any confirmation on this thread from either UEFA or Hearts of when the games will take place. The below is what's on the UEFA website.

That's all anybody is going to see; it's obvious why

People just still think there's going to be a fixture clash in Switzerland

Otherwise it's just the assumption that Zurich prevail that is the issue, regarding travel

It is the only issue

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Waterboy said:

Aye, because the previous legs aren't complete yet.

That's a pretty big thing to have completed before announcing the next fixtures for various reasons, but none will effect us. 

51 minutes ago, graygo said:

Nothing has been confirmed yet, it will get confirmed the exact way everyone expects it to and the shouters will proclaim that they knew all along.  Nap.

We do know all along because that's how the draw works, it's not rocket science, we will be away on the 18th and at home on the 25th. People are flapping over a completely fabricated scenario where UEFA randomly decide to break their own regulations for no reason and switch the tie round.

4 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

People just still think there's going to be a fixture clash in Switzerland

I've just read back the last 24 hours worth of posts on this thread and no one has said they think there's going to be a fixture clash.

A few have mentioned that the fixtures haven't been confirmed, which is factual. Doesn't mean anyone thinks they're going to change, it's you that's jumping to that conclusion. Just stating nothing has been confirmed officially, which understandably, some people would like before they spend hundreds of pounds on travel plans - even if there's essentially zero chance of there being an issue.  If that's what people would like to see before booking, then leave them to it.

Ricardo Quaresma

If anyone is so concerned, ask the club to confirm that no switch is going to happen

You don't ask, you don't get, don't be shy; this is important

We want as many away fans as possible

Ricardo Quaresma

I've just read back the last 24 hours worth of posts on this thread and no one has said they think there's going to be a fixture clash.

A few have mentioned that the fixtures haven't been confirmed, which is factual. Doesn't mean anyone thinks they're going to change, it's you that's jumping to that conclusion. Just stating nothing has been confirmed officially, which understandably, some people would like before they spend hundreds of pounds on travel plans - even if there's essentially zero chance of there being an issue.  If that's what people would like to see before booking, then leave them to it.

Yeah, read further back

awadooningorgie2
15 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

We do know all along because that's how the draw works, it's not rocket science, we will be away on the 18th and at home on the 25th. People are flapping over a completely fabricated scenario where UEFA randomly decide to break their own regulations for no reason and switch the tie round.

We are too conditioned by the SFA......

6 minutes ago, Waterboy said:

UEFA don't need to confirm it because there's nothing to confirm barring the opposition we're playing against which we'll find out next Thursday. It's the order the teams were drawn, it's the order the ties will be played & it is literally against UEFA's own guidelines to change it now. This has been explained numerous times, all that could change now is Linfield pulling off a stunning comeback away from home.

10 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Yeah, read further back

Have done, read the past 5 pages going back over 48 hours and still not a single person has said they think there's a possible fixture clash.  In fact, the only person in amongst all those posts to mention it is you, saying a few times there's no other games within the distance mentioned in a UEFA article.  

Ricardo Quaresma
4 minutes ago, awadooningorgie2 said:

We are too conditioned by the SFA......

It's like wur jist oot the jail; cannae hack it oan the ootside

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Waterboy said:

Have done, read the past 5 pages going back over 48 hours and still not a single person has said they think there's a possible fixture clash.  In fact, the only person in amongst all those posts to mention it is you, saying a few times there's no other games within the distance mentioned in a UEFA article.  

Are you sure of that?

Tom Hardy’s Dug
45 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

It sounds fun, watching us pump Linfield from a Swiss pub :rofl:

😂😂

13 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Are you sure of that?

Quote a post from the past 5 pages from someone saying they think there's a fixture clash 👍🏻

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Waterboy said:

Quote a post from the past 5 pages from someone saying they think there's a fixture clash 👍🏻

Prove there isn't; I've done enough voluntary work for one day

1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Aye, as I thought.

Moving on...

Ricardo Quaresma
16 minutes ago, Waterboy said:

Aye, as I thought.

Moving on...

There's at least 2 or 3 in the last 5 pages; why don't you dig them out and explain why they're not concerned about the tie being switched to Hearts at home on the 18th?

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma
Capitalisation of the word 'Hearts'

10 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

There's at least 2 or 3 in the last 5 pages; why don't you dig them out and explain why they're not concerned about the tie being switched to Hearts at home on the 18th?

-

You specifically stated folk are worried about fixture clashes, and you only have to go a few posts up to find that one 😀

Ricardo Quaresma

You specifically stated folk are worried about fixture clashes, and you only have to go a few posts up to find that one 😀

I trust this concludes the matter

The Real Maroonblood
39 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

You’re wasting your time.

Even my Grandson understands it.

18 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

What are folk actually arguing about now?

😂😂 completely tiresome, but a couple folk getting their knickers in a twist about people looking for fixture details to be confirmed. They're reading that and thinking it means folk are saying the fixtures are going to change and calling them pant wetters and saying they don't understand, when all they're saying is there's not been confirmation, which is factual.

Given up now though 😂

There will be Hearts fans in Switzerland on the day of the first leg still posting on Kickback asking if the legs might reversed...

Mr Elwood P

😂😂 completely tiresome, but a couple folk getting their knickers in a twist about people looking for fixture details to be confirmed. They're reading that and thinking it means folk are saying the fixtures are going to change and calling them pant wetters and saying they don't understand, when all they're saying is there's not been confirmation, which is factual.

Given up now though 😂

EEADE0A1-4AFA-43F9-A0D2-A2511381773C.thumb.jpeg.efb063d1ab0135dd6e45348608874149.jpeg

The most obvious commercial partnership: JKB / Tena ...

Given up now though 😂

To be fair it would be good for some clarification as to whether we are at home or away first leg, and in the event of it being Zurich, where the game will be played, hardly pant wetting.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, ericb said:

To be fair it would be good for some clarification as to whether we are at home or away first leg, and in the event of it being Zurich, where the game will be played, hardly pant wetting.

:rofl:

20 minutes ago, Waterboy said:

Given up now though 😂

I watched the draw live. The MC specifically said that any changes would be notified by 6pm the following night. Given that there has been no such notification it is surely safe to assume there will be no change.

So now we have several camps.

1. Those who are as certain as they can possibly be that we will be playing Zurich away on the 18th and have booked.

2. Those with a niggling doubt about who we are playing, where we are playing and when we are playing so won’t commit to travel plans and will probably be too late once it’s 100% crystal clear to THEM

3. Those who think there are dark forces put in place by god knows who, solely to feck up Hearts or their fans and they’ll change the game just for the sake of it

4. Those who don’t want to go, can’t afford to go, not going because of holding off in fear of the day that will never come and who would actually take some joy and have a good old laugh if the plans of those in Group 1 collapsed about their heads.

5. Those who don’t want to go who don’t give an actual toss or have any vested interest in who we play, where we play and when we play as long as they get to see it and Hearts do well and the lads attending have a trouble free and enjoyable journey with no hitches, either before or during

Edited by JimmyCant

11 minutes ago, ericb said:

It’s clarified. It couldn’t clearer. Have you not been posting telling us you have booked travel anyway

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, ericb said:

😂😂😂

Belter. 

20 minutes ago, ericb said:

Eff this I'm away :rofl:

Currently, not enough puns on this thread. Is there any possibility, depending on how The Rangers progress, that we might eventually get drawn v them?

Now that would be a belter and the thread would be fu' o' Current Puns. 🙃

Ricardo Quaresma
5 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Currently, not enough puns on this thread. Is there any possibility, depending on how The Rangers progress, that we might eventually get drawn v them?

Now that would be a belter and the thread would be fu' o' Current Puns. 🙃

"Clubs from the same association will not be drawn into the same group and are paired to play on separate days as much as possible."

After groups, it's possible

Ricardo Quaresma

"In the knockout round play-offs the runners-up of the Europa League group stage are seeded above the teams that finish third in the UEFA Champions League group stage. Clubs from the same association can not be drawn against each other. "

Only after round of 16, Mikey, i.e. QF onwards

57 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

"In the knockout round play-offs the runners-up of the Europa League group stage are seeded above the teams that finish third in the UEFA Champions League group stage. Clubs from the same association can not be drawn against each other. "

Only after round of 16, Mikey, i.e. QF onwards

In that case, as a non-betting person, I might just stick a fiver on a Heart of Midlothian v The Rangers tie. The odds must be astronomical.

17 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Good hotel choice, it’s the one I was going to book!

I’ve stayed at Raddison Blu’s 3 times this year on Euro footie trips, Aarhus (Randers), Rennes & Eindhovense! All good hotels and trips!

I hope to meet you there!

Cheers JF.

Haven't booked flights yet though in case there's any type of old pals act between UEFA and Zurich and the ties get switched.

Not likely to happen mind you as UEFA have such a sterling reputation for honesty and transparency.

Edit.... just read this thread back.... ooooft..... seems there has been a bit of a bun fight already on this topic 🙂

Each to their own I suppose

Edited by Busby8

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I’ve booked flights to Rome for the 3rd week in September as I am convinced Roma will be in our group.

Anyone know of any decent hotels in Rome to look for?

In the Vatican City area.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Europa league/conference 22/23 - Zurich v Hearts