• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Heartsmad1874

• JimmyCant

• hughesie27

1 minute ago, Swanny17 said:

Why call it a sellout when there’s about 3000 empty seats? 

Like every game up here you mean?

Cory McNamara

Nice result for Dundee United, first win for them & Scottish Fitba. 

Shamrock Rovers have scored three, 3-1 at home ground.

11 hours ago, Busby8 said:

2 rooms booked at the Radisson Blu Hotel St Gallen for 2 nights.

For info for anyone looking for accommodation;-

You are able to reserve rooms, pay at hotel, with free cancellation, through the hotel's own website.

Also, you get a slightly better rate by first enrolling in the hotel's rewards programme. 

Good hotel choice, it’s the one I was going to book!

I’ve stayed at Raddison Blu’s 3 times this year on Euro footie trips, Aarhus (Randers), Rennes & Eindhovense! All good hotels and trips!

I hope to meet you there!

One thing that’s odd is …. for many Jambos going to the away leg in Zurich (assuming they go through) it will be cheaper than going to the home leg in Edinburgh!  

In August the festival inflates already high prices for hotels.

Also don’t think there is currently the

option to book flights from Heathrow to Edinburgh!

Cory McNamara

Some interesting results today:

Hajduk Split vs. Vitoria 3-1

Brondby vs. Basel 1-0

Wolfsberger vs. Gzira United (Malta) 0-0

Slavia vs. Panathinaikos 2-0

Kalamazoo Jambo
15 minutes ago, Cory McNamara said:

Slavia vs. Panathinaikos 2-0

Would have been a good game to go Rudi watching.

Zurich looked pretty good, especially going forward. Winning away games in Europe is hard.

They have great pace up front. We'll need to be completely on point defensively.

Cory McNamara
1 hour ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Would have been a good game to go Rudi watching.

It looks like Hradec is his cradle, Slavia is his kindergarten, both Marseille & Panathinaikos are his noisy high school, Heart of Midlothian is his university, Southampton is his favorite church where he may have found peace and quietness.

35 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Winning away games in Europe is hard. They have great pace up front. We'll need to be completely on point defensively.

Especially in July & August. They are trying to refresh themselves, to be a better team, remember something important and bright that has ever happened in the past, to look like a real champion. It will be a hard battle, even at home. 

Kalamazoo Jambo
6 minutes ago, Cory McNamara said:

It looks like Hradec is his cradle, Slavia is his kindergarten, both Marseille & Panathinaikos are his noisy high school, Heart of Midlothian is his university, Southampton is his favorite church where he may have found peace and quietness.

it does seem his two biggest loves are Hearts and Slavia, probably also the places he was (and is) most loved in return.

F1E25014-16A3-43B3-91A0-6A280CF253D2.jpeg

Hearts really need to confirm the date of the game. Bit embarrassing from UEFA that 13 days from the game we don’t have confirmation whether we are home or away in the first leg. 

Ricardo Quaresma
3 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Hearts really need to confirm the date of the game. Bit embarrassing from UEFA that 13 days from the game we don’t have confirmation whether we are home or away in the first leg. 

You would have been told if there was any change

There is no reason to change

There is nothing to report

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

You would have been told if there was any change

There is no reason to change

There is nothing to report

Exactly.

Harry Potter
21 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Home 2nd leg, 

The Hogfather
22 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Both UEFA and FC Zurich confirmed the date for the game. All this because of one article in the Herald. 

Ricardo Quaresma
21 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Both UEFA and FC Zurich confirmed the date for the game. All this because of one article in the Herald. 

The Herald & other papers probably nicked it from here

It was only ever raised as a possibility

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma
missing word

50 minutes ago, SectionN said:

All this from a single throwaway line in a newspaper article.

Matches are always subject to change. 

The dates are out there.

55 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Thought it was pretty common knowledge that the first team drawn is at home first?

Literally like every single cup going.

HEARTS FOREVER
45 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Where does UEFA confirm the date?

Ricardo Quaresma
3 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Where does UEFA confirm the date?

Dates were confirmed weeks before the draw

We were drawn away 1st leg

Any change would have been announced within 24hrs

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Two of Hearts’ August cinch Premiership fixtures have been moved due to the Jambos’ upcoming Europa League ties.

The boys in maroon are due to face the winners of Linfield and FC Zurich in the play-off round on August 18th and August 25th - please note that full fixture details are yet to be confirmed by UEFA - which means that domestic games against Celtic and St Johnstone have been pushed back 24-hours.

Originally scheduled for August 20th, the Jam Tarts will now travel to Glasgow to face Celtic on Sunday, August 21st at 3pm.

The following week sees Robbie Neilson’s side host St Johnstone at Tynecastle Park. Originally scheduled for August 27th, that match will now kick off at 3pm on Sunday, August 28th.

Yesterday on our site, I dont see full confirmation on the site

3 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

You typed that like it was fact, it's probably what will happen but it hasn't been confirmed yet despite what you say.

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, graygo said:

You typed that like it was fact, it's probably what will happen but it hasn't been confirmed yet despite what you say.

Have you read this thread?

Ricardo Quaresma

Those Zurich melts have nominated St Gallen's ground because of this concert

If anyone is concerned then E-Mail the club to ask wtf they mean by 'details'

Maybe UEFA have to inspect the ground or something?

-

typo

HEARTS FOREVER
18 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Can you show me where this was confirmed mate.

Ricardo Quaresma
5 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Can you show me where this was confirmed mate.

Did you watch the draw?

The link was posted on this thread

What are you concerned about?

That the tie might be reversed?

There's no reason to do that

The dates were confirmed months ago

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/news/0271-142f45064923-bb3ec4d78f88-1000--2022-23-match-draw-dates/?iv=true

HEARTS FOREVER
1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Here is the draw too

Live on 2nd August

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/draws/

Where does it confirm that the 1st leg would be a home tie for FC Zurich or Linfield, I didn’t see the draw  but I can see that FC Zurich have said this on their website but I cant see where it confirms from UEFA , even on the link you send. 

To be fair, Hearts openly said that they were going to confirm the dates by Wednesday evening which they haven't gave us an update over.

Ricardo Quaresma
3 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Where does it confirm that the 1st leg would be a home tie for FC Zurich or Linfield, I didn’t see the draw  but I can see that FC Zurich have said this on their website but I cant see where it confirms from UEFA , even on the link you send. 

Are you concerned that the tie might be reversed?

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, ModJambo said:

To be fair, Hearts openly said that they were going to confirm the dates by Wednesday evening which they haven't gave us an update over.

Someone posted exactly that earlier in this thread

I'm sure; you'll have to check

-

typo

Ricardo Quaresma

The 'details' thing on the Hearts website is probably due to the fact that the tie between Zurich & Linfield is not complete

37 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Have you read this thread?

Have you read the information provided by both UEFA and Hearts?

39 minutes ago, graygo said:

We are away first leg. This was all explained prior to the draw on the official live-stream. Jesus wept it's not a confusing concept to grasp :lol:

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, graygo said:

Have you read the information provided by both UEFA and Hearts?

I don't need to

If I was going to the away match, I would be in the same position everyone else is in

Either book travel to St Gallen, assuming Linfield don't turn them over in 2nd leg, or wait for the final whistle

That's the gamble

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, boag1874 said:

We are away first leg. This was all explained prior to the draw on the official live-stream. Jesus wept it's not a confusing concept to grasp :lol:

I know, several people who haven't read the thread trying to scramble around in a panic :rofl:

HEARTS FOREVER
Just now, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I don't need to

If I was going to the away match, I would be in the same position everyone else is in

Either book travel to St Gallen, assuming Linfield don't turn them over in 2nd leg, or wait for the final whistle

That's the gamble

I agree with you and want to take the gamble, however I’d just like to see something….anything that shows that our first leg will be away from home coming from UEFA. 

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

I agree with you and want to take the gamble, however I’d just like to see something….anything that shows that our first leg will be away from home coming from UEFA. 

Mate, it can't be reversed now

UEFA article 23 states that there has to be a conflicting match within 31 miles (50KM) of the stadium where match is played

There is no matches within 50KM of St Gallen or Zurich

Because there is no stadiums within 50KM of St Gallen or Zurich

1 minute ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

It was fully explained BY UEFA during the draw that the first team drawn (Zurich) would be at home first leg and the second team drawn (Hearts) would be at home second leg. It's the same as every other draw. Unless there was a mitigating circumstance that required a reversal of the draw IE 2 teams from the same city at home on the same day or something, this will be the order of the draw.

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, boag1874 said:

It was fully explained BY UEFA during the draw that the first team drawn (Zurich) would be at home first leg and the second team drawn (Hearts) would be at home second leg. It's the same as every other draw. Unless there was a mitigating circumstance that required a reversal of the draw IE 2 teams from the same city at home on the same day or something, this will be the order of the draw.

This is correct; also, UEFA announce reversals within 24hrs of the draw

8 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I know, several people who haven't read the thread trying to scramble around in a panic :rofl:

I know it's been a while since we were in Europe but surely this stuff is common knowledge :lol: 

Ricardo Quaresma

When we drew Spurs, I posted on here that possibly we might have tie switched because Fulham played simultaneously

Nope, because Spurs had higher co-efficient

A certain journalist picked this up as a scoop (let's call him Mr B :rofl: ) and I did state that probably Fulham would be switched

-

typo

Nothing has been confirmed yet, it will get confirmed the exact way everyone expects it to and the shouters will proclaim that they knew all along.  Nap.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Europa league/conference 22/23 - Zurich v Hearts