Europa league/conference 22/23 - Zurich v Hearts

mickycameron98

Ricardo Quaresma
11 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

Dont know. AZ just sold their best player to Fenerbache. I watched AZ v Tuzla, they arent Barcelona.

Can see a united win at Tannadice at least. Hard tie. Decent playoff opponents if they do win. Beat AZ they will get the groups imo.

Dont expect a huge pumping though

They will still have another round if they get past AZ

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Heartsmad1874

• JimmyCant

• hughesie27

8 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Dundee Utd game on TV at all? Can’t see it listed anywhere?

Nope, unless you’ve got IPTV. Rangers game on PS1 tomorrow 

That thing you do
9 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Dundee Utd game on TV at all? Can’t see it listed anywhere?

Dont think so. 

That thing you do
Just now, Ricardo Quaresma said:

They will still have another round if they get past AZ

Yep but teams they could face in that round are not as tough as United would be seeded. If they beat AZ theyll make the groups imo.

Ricardo Quaresma

So, Omonia have been put into pot 4

That is hilarious :rofl: 

We’re getting them, first out the bowl, too 😄

1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Are they any good?

Ricardo Quaresma
3 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

Yep but teams they could face in that round are not as tough as United would be seeded. If they beat AZ theyll make the groups imo.

If you say so, I think they are going out

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, hughesie27 said:

Are they any good?

Lennon is their manager, bring them on

They would be most desirable, second only to Shamrock Rovers, with regard to the teams expected to win

BackOfTheNet
4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Nope, unless you’ve got IPTV. Rangers game on PS1 tomorrow 

That’s insane. Another reason not to give Premier Sports money. It’s one thing to choose the OF games during a cup as the two you’ll air, but it’s another to pay for the Rangers game and not the Dundee Utd game. And I would’ve thought someone would’ve, like BBC Scotland or something, like they did with the St. Johnstone games. Not going to lose sleep over not seeing it or anything, but it’s very odd to me that Scottish clubs can play in Europe without it being broadcast.

3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Are they any good?

They have Adam Matthews and Brandon Barker in their squad, so probably not.

4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

That’s insane. Another reason not to give Premier Sports money. It’s one thing to choose the OF games during a cup as the two you’ll air, but it’s another to pay for the Rangers game and not the Dundee Utd game. And I would’ve thought someone would’ve, like BBC Scotland or something, like they did with the St. Johnstone games. Not going to lose sleep over not seeing it or anything, but it’s very odd to me that Scottish clubs can play in Europe without it being broadcast.

Fair comment but it’s their home leg and maybe not in their best interests to have it shown live

Heartsmad1874
31 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Premier Sports showed Motherwells second leg at Sligo Rovers last week. They might only be able to choose one qualifier per round until BT take over at the play offs. 

They are always going to choose a Rangers match over a Dundee Utd match lets be honest. They know they'll get a higher audience with Rangers and Celtic and with Premier Sports been a different subscription to Sky and BT they know they'll make loads of money off Celtic and Rangers fan who can't get to the games for whatever reason

Ricardo Quaresma
6 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Premier Sports showed Motherwells second leg at Sligo Rovers last week. They might only be able to choose one qualifier per round until BT take over at the play offs. 

They are always going to choose a Rangers match over a Dundee Utd match lets be honest. They know they'll get a higher audience with Rangers and Celtic and with Premier Sports been a different subscription to Sky and BT they know they'll make loads of money off Celtic and Rangers fan who can't get to the games for whatever reason

Yeah, they would probably claim that games like utd would have to be subsidised by OF games’ takings

No matter if they had to be subsidised, it’s still tinpot to leave the utd game out

6 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Hearts would be the first team to arrive in Istanbul by ferry

We were discussing fan routes to Cyprus. Someone got the wrong end of the stick

Edited by JimmyCant

Shooter McGavin
15 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Hearts would be the first team to arrive in Istanbul by ferry

Scarves around the funnel NAP

davemclaren

I’ve seen Ominia twice in European Qualifiers while on holiday in Cyprus. The second time they had Karapidis and Aguiar playing for them. 

Decent stadium on a warm night and we should beat them over two legs. I still can’t believe that they sell cold burger rolls though  🥸

25 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We were discussing fan routes to Cyprus. Someone got the wrong end of the stick

I know I was having a laugh based on it 😂

3 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Oh I hope so. 

Imagine Lennon thinking he'd finally earned a bit of peace and quiet in his management career, and up rock the Hearts in his European qualifier game :rofl:

He'd implode. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, tian447 said:

Oh I hope so. 

Imagine Lennon thinking he'd finally earned a bit of peace and quiet in his management career, and up rock the Hearts in his European qualifier game :rofl:

He'd implode. 

I imagine he would relish it. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

I imagine he would relish it. 

That makes 2 of us :jj:

Someone needs to step up and get us another Brandon Barker gif! 

I assume that due to possible two Cyprus clubs being in the draw could the dates still change when we will be home or away?

Shooter McGavin
2 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Does anyone know what time the draw is? I’ve tried to use google but I can’t see a time for it? Thanks 

12.00 👍🏻

Captain Lithuania

Is the draw being shown live anywhere? Perhaps on BT Sport. Apologies if that’s already been asked? And if it has maybe we could stick it in the thread title!

Ricardo Quaresma
6 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

Is the draw being shown live anywhere? Perhaps on BT Sport. Apologies if that’s already been asked? And if it has maybe we could stick it in the thread title!

It's usually live on UEFA website

Here’s hoping they dispense of all the needless introductions and get right stuck into the draw from 12.01.

Can’t see myself being very patient if they try to bash out an interview for 15 minutes at the start.

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Think this is the draw for wee teams. Big teams in the 13:00 CET

FFFF; well spotted; 2 minutes 😄

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma
typo

Ricardo Quaresma
5 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Fully ready to watch us get pumped Olympiacos off hwfg

Olympiacos  who just got pumped 4-0 at home? By Ferencvaros?

Edit: Maccabi Haifa

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma
Clarity

Lord Beni of Gorgie

In a way these 2 games are free hit. Will give us a bit of experience, for whichever competition we go into; the cash is not wildly different, EL we get better teams, less chance of winning, UCL, lesser sides, more chance of winning. I'm comfy either way

7 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Olympiacos  who just got pumped 4-0 at home? By Ferencvaros?

Edit: Maccabi Haifa

Correct. You can make a reasonable case for us to beat any of the teams left in. You can also make a case for a few of them to give us a right doing if they hit their reputational form

All about staying in the tie if you are away first or trying to finish it if you are home first. We can beat any of these teams at home on a good night

Edited by JimmyCant

Ricardo Quaresma
13 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

In a way these 2 games are free hit. Will give us a bit of experience, for whichever competition we go into; the cash is not wildly different, EL we get better teams, less chance of winning, UCL, lesser sides, more chance of winning. I'm comfy either way

12 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Correct. You can make a reasonable case for us to beat any of the teams left in. You can also make a case for a few of them to give us a right doing if they hit their reputational form

All about staying in the tie if you are away first or trying to finish it if you are home first. We can beat any of these teams at home on a good night

We either win or we don't; we're going to give it some

That's that

Francis Albert
33 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Here’s hoping they dispense of all the needless introductions and get right stuck into the draw from 12.01.

Can’t see myself being very patient if they try to bash out an interview for 15 minutes at the start.

No way will it just be a simple quick draw. UEFA and FIFA make a production of the things with officials hogging the camera. Infantino's big bald head  inane grin springs to mind.

2 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

We either win or we don't; we're going to give it some

That's that

We’ll hopefully that’s the beauty of our position. We can give this next tie a right good go and if we lose, we haven’t lost a whole lot and there is a massive silver lining in that we might be able to pick up enough points in the UECL to sneak a qualification and certainly enough to earn more money and co-efficient points

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

No way will it just be a simple quick draw. UEFA and FIFA make a production of the things with officials hogging the camera. Infantino's big bald head  inane grin springs to mind.

Are there other draws today as well ? we might be waiting an hour or more before they get to our bit.

Ricardo Quaresma
4 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

30% chance we progress to EL groups for me.

What % if we draw Nicosia?

Just now, Ricardo Quaresma said:

What % if we draw Nicosia?

I've no idea how good they are. I just think a lot of people think we are ebetter than we actually are. First half v County showed that.

Probably in the minority here but I think I'd rather draw Fenerbache than Shamrock.

I hate the banana skin ties. I'd rather do the upsetting

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

I've no idea how good they are. I just think a lot of people think we are ebetter than we actually are. First half v County showed that.

Kind of agree, the quality of so called lesser names in Europe has improved significantly since we were last in foreign competition. I’d settle for the conference no matter what tho

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

That's a popular viewpoint, but RC have had 4 games already, we had none

We dug in and outclassed them in the 2nd half

We should also have more players by the time we play in Europe

It is too early to judge much at all

But we have shown how we can respond

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Europa league/conference 22/23 - Zurich v Hearts