Hampden Car Parking - 21st May '22

Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald

My mobility ain't what it used to be, so standing in queues at Glasgow Central and for 90 minutes minimum at Mount Florida after the game is no longer a comfortable option, so I booked a pay space on Prospecthill Road via YourParkingSpace.co.uk. Still availability for £7 if you want to drive and park fairly close to the ground, and get in ahead of either one of the Toxic Twins that wins this afternoon.

https://www.yourparkingspace.co.uk/hampden-park-parking-spaces-and-garages

Im planning on booking a space somewhere but also waiting and hoping there is a hospitality event like there was a few years ago where hearts put on busses and breakfast etc. Don't want to leave it too late though to get a decent space 

Parked there yesterday, handy for Hampden but took a while to get out! Easier when you win thou! 👍🏻

We parked there yesterday and it was a nightmare getting out. All that was needed was a person at the end of the road telling everyone to go left.

Good place to park if you don't mind an hour or so wait to get out. Tbh we weren't that bothered for obvious reasons 😁🇱🇻🇱🇻

Edited by WDJ87

Used  that Prospecthill rd  college  last 4 visits to that hell hole.

Problem now we play Rangers  we will  be forced  to the other end.   Don't fancy walking through 25000 of them to my car.

Any similar  on the other side

been here before
18 minutes ago, Rc55 said:

Problem now we play Rangers  we will  be forced  to the other end.   Don't fancy walking through 25000 of them to my car.

When we win theyll be long gone by the time the presentation etc has been done.

14 minutes ago, been here before said:

When we win theyll be long gone by the time the presentation etc has been done.

But your forgetting Rangers fans will smash up there own cars and buses and fight with themselves 😂

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, Rc55 said:

Either way you won’t have to worry after game

We will either be celebrating/ getting the trophy while their fans have left

or we will have left before they get the trophy 

8 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Also depends which end our supporters will get tickets in too I suppose 

We are getting East Terracing and South East Stand. 

There is no debate here.

Edited by Boab

Loads of free parking on/around Aitkenhead Road (my lad parked there yesterday).

You could even take  a train from a couple of stops in that area to Mt Florida. 

Around 25 minute stroll to ground and easy access  to E Kilbride/M8 for the drive home. 

Chaka Demus & pliers
11 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Loads of free parking on/around Aitkenhead Road (my lad parked there yesterday).

You could even take  a train from a couple of stops in that area to Mt Florida. 

Around 25 minute stroll to ground and easy access  to E Kilbride/M8 for the drive home. 

Plenty free space at Prospecthill Circus too.

Absolute Scenes

Just Park has lots of cheap parking near the ground. Got one booked literally 2 minute walk to the ground. Might need to change it if we are not at the Celtic end though 

• 2 weeks later...
Carl Weathers

Has anyone sussed out the best parking areas now that we have been given the 'Celtic end?'

I used the college last time but a bit wary walking through Rangers fans.

16 minutes ago, Carl Weathers said:

Has anyone sussed out the best parking areas now that we have been given the 'Celtic end?'

I used the college last time but a bit wary walking through Rangers fans.

Loads of free parking around kings park.

Carl Weathers
On 01/05/2022 at 08:53, Tott said:

Loads of free parking around kings park.

Thanks, that could be an option. I'll try to arrive early.

Parking in Jessie St up from asda, think its a tenner loads of spaces, cash only,no need to book.

PapaShango

I parked in the College at Prospecthill Road the last time at the semi, was very efficient and only cost £7 for the day. That being said we are the opposite end this time so might be a few issues there. 

Carl Weathers
24 minutes ago, escobri said:

Parking in Jessie St up from asda, think its a tenner loads of spaces, cash only,no need to book.

Nice one. Might try that first. 

21 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I parked in the College at Prospecthill Road the last time at the semi, was very efficient and only cost £7 for the day. That being said we are the opposite end this time so might be a few issues there. 

Likewise.  Shame the surrounding area will be crawling with Rangers fans for the final. 

Dennis Reynolds

I'll be parking at Prospecthill.

Reckon majority of the Rangers fans will have dispersed by the time we get out after staying in and lifting the cup 😏

2 hours ago, Carl Weathers said:

Thanks, that could be an option. I'll try to arrive early.

Go via East Kilbride/Cathkin relief road .

Will add a couple of  miles to the  journey, but traffic is a dawdle. 

18 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Reckon majority of the Rangers fans will have dispersed by the time we get out after staying in and lifting the cup 😏

Ditto mate....2 of us have just booked cars in there again, same as semi final......hopefully the Rangers fans will disappear sharpish after final whistle.!

Yep - I'm booked in at ProspectHill also.

I've used it a couple of times before and it's really handy and cheap (yes, a nightmare to get out of though...)

PapaShango
3 hours ago, moz said:

Ditto mate....2 of us have just booked cars in there again, same as semi final......hopefully the Rangers fans will disappear sharpish after final whistle.!

I parked at that end of the ground back in 96 and had colours on before the game. Absolutely no hassle at all for me and my mate, although no guarantees you won't bump into some idiot who's had too many shandy's. 

On 02/05/2022 at 16:35, Dennis Reynolds said:

Booked here again. Dont see Sevco fans as a problem.

Absolute Scenes

Just park has a few in our area, but prices will probably be higher from when I booked 

Dennis Reynolds
1 hour ago, McCrae said:

Booked here again. Dont see Sevco fans as a problem.

Yeah can't see it being too bad. I accidentally parked at the Celtic end when we played them in the final last time. Got a couple shouts but theres that much police about, was never worried. Plus, most Rangers fans think we like them and ignorance is bliss.

As a side note, the amount of Celtic fans that had already left the stadium whilst you could hear the cheers as their players lifted the cup was outrageous. Just meant nothing to them. Minging.

Edited by Dennis Reynolds