Led up the garden path

vegas-voss

So how we all feeling on the manager front.Not long to go now until the window and still no sign of a manager let alone any players.Do we all feel that we have been once again led up the garden path by the powers that be.I know no timescale was set but surely to god if they were serious they would have seen that we needed a manager asap.Already out one cup and now looking like a cert we will be out of another.

Defeat in the next two games will see Frail out of the 'running'.

In all honesty though, Jan 1st the statement was made, Something should have been done by now.......

There isnt a transfer window for managers...

However, that's no excuse.....

Yeah i know but one should be brought in before the window shuts and be allowed to at least get a couple of his own targets.Jeez we laughed at the Hobos on here saying they would not appoint a manager until after the window so that they would not need to bring players in and what happens it is us that are in that situation not them(although there signings will still be rank)

As I said in a previous post, for the first time during Romanov?s rein I don?t recall hearing him saying that he was going to bring in any players, so in fairness to the clown he hasn?t lead us up the garden path, if anything he has done quite the opposite.

As for the manager I totally agree we need one as soon as possible but there isn?t a transfer window for managers they can be brought in at any point and lets be honest its far to late for a new manager to be come in and bring in some players, without us ending up with more Nade style panic buys.

maroonlegions
So how we all feeling on the manager front.Not long to go now until the window and still no sign of a manager let alone any players.Do we all feel that we have been once again led up the garden path by the powers that be.I know no timescale was set but surely to god if they were serious they would have seen that we needed a manager asap.Already out one cup and now looking like a cert we will be out of another.

When Burley was sacked we sleep walked through the gate and have been walking up a very long garden path with no end in sight just know , we have been fed distractions ,new stand ect,,.but all in all they were to be designed to shut us up, i think he is running out of distractions and knows himself that most fans now are waking up and asking WTF are we doing in this fecking garden.:eek::eek::confused:

Romanov is a lying *****, it's as simple as that. But he has many Hearts fans wrapped around his finger! Yes sir, no sir......we believe you sir.

Romanov GTF.

I dont think this time we have. Simply because we have had so much *****@ over the last two years or so that going by most of the threads most simply dont believe the words printed/quoted or stated anymore. I would love to have believed the statement that came out on the official site at the start of January but the realist says it is more bull. To me it is almost like he or someone advising him reads JKB and when the fans get restless and he senses an uprising he puts out another meaningless statement to apease us. He is actually getting to the point where the club is insulting the intelligance of the fans cos we aint as thick as he thinks. Problem is what do we do cos we were between a rock and a hard place when he came in and it has proved unsuccessful due to his ways. It would be naive to think he has suddenly woken up one morning and seen the error of his ways. It would be more likely he would walk away IMO. Yes we had been taken for mugs and our undying loyalty to Heart of Midlothian has been used and abused but I think people are now realising he wont change. I mean how many times have they made statments and indicated top class managers etc etc and we have had Rix, Valdas, Malofeev etc etc and with the greatest respect to Shaggy someone now who is not qualified to do the job. I sense the biggest problem now though is that he has allowed apathy to set in.

Colonel Kurtz

Romanov is consistant when he needs to fool us.

1.Invite a couple of supporters over,wine and dine them and then feed them a load bolocks.Its worked twice.

2.Do something with the Stadium plans,pity we cant release some nebulous drawing of a new manager.

3.make a bid for a player/players which has no chance of succeeding

,Charlie and the boys are probably working on that one now.

I just hope I am wrong and everything comes good at the last minute

As I said in a previous post, for the first time during Romanov?s rein I don?t recall hearing him saying that he was going to bring in any players, so in fairness to the clown he hasn?t lead us up the garden path, if anything he has done quite the opposite.

As for the manager I totally agree we need one as soon as possible but there isn?t a transfer window for managers they can be brought in at any point and lets be honest its far to late for a new manager to be come in and bring in some players, without us ending up with more Nade style panic buys.

Did he not promise us to be Scottish Champions by now?! Did he not say on a televised programme he would fork out 10m for the right player?? This guy has led us up a path and this club will go down the drain with him in control!!

Are you happy with the way our club is being run?? A total circus and a farce!! Och we'll all just stop moaning and accept what this lunatic is doing to our club then!! Some people need to get real!!

I never put an ounce of creditbility into the New Year statement from the Club.

Frail was ALWAYS going to be given the role until the end of the season at which time he'll be sacked for 'failing to achieve pre-season targets'.

1.Invite a couple of supporters over,wine and dine them and then feed them a load bolocks.Its worked twice.

2.Do something with the Stadium plans,pity we cant release some nebulous drawing of a new manager.

Only the gullible drink the beetroot soup.:527:

I dont think this time we have. Simply because we have had so much *****@ over the last two years or so that going by most of the threads most simply dont believe the words printed/quoted or stated anymore. I would love to have believed the statement that came out on the official site at the start of January but the realist says it is more bull. To me it is almost like he or someone advising him reads JKB and when the fans get restless and he senses an uprising he puts out another meaningless statement to apease us. He is actually getting to the point where the club is insulting the intelligance of the fans cos we aint as thick as he thinks. Problem is what do we do cos we were between a rock and a hard place when he came in and it has proved unsuccessful due to his ways. It would be naive to think he has suddenly woken up one morning and seen the error of his ways. It would be more likely he would walk away IMO. Yes we had been taken for mugs and our undying loyalty to Heart of Midlothian has been used and abused but I think people are now realising he wont change. I mean how many times have they made statments and indicated top class managers etc etc and we have had Rix, Valdas, Malofeev etc etc and with the greatest respect to Shaggy someone now who is not qualified to do the job. I sense the biggest problem now though is that he has allowed apathy to set in.

I have thought it was bull from the start aswell as most probably did what my point really was was he thought he was leading up the path.

To be honest, I think that the majority of people on here weren't expecting much after reading the news on here and the Hearts site on January 1st. Now I am certainly not a Romanov supporter but the published article did not say that the manager, regardless of when he was hired, would have control of buying players, in this transfer window or any other.

Colonel Kurtz
Only the gullible drink the beetroot soup.:527:

NO ,there are other reasons,Hunger for instance,but not for food

Eating a lot of beetroot can give you an awful fright when you go to the toilet the next day.

That sounds like one of Romanov's proverbs.

Technically Romanov has not lied (yet) but most supporters will be disgusted that no action has been taken. The Screpis situation would also appear to confirm that nothing has changed at the club.

Romanov needed to act during the transfer window to get the club back on track. His failure to do so say alot about his current interest level in Hearts. He has single handedly destroyed the clubs reputation and if he continues it wil only be a matter of time before the club goes down the pan as well.

It's not necessarily a question of whether he has lied or not - they could be knocking their pans in to get in a busload of players, and scouring the Earth and beyond for the ideal manager, but all the signs are there that no effort is being made.

It's just that we have got so innured to his attempts to placate, humour and pacify us, as his best attempts to keep us on board.

We're all "parasites", as CPR famously said.

Guest GhostHunter

Leaked photo just in....

new_man.GIF

Did he not promise us to be Scottish Champions by now?! Did he not say on a televised programme he would fork out 10m for the right player?? This guy has led us up a path and this club will go down the drain with him in control!!

Are you happy with the way our club is being run?? A total circus and a farce!! Och we'll all just stop moaning and accept what this lunatic is doing to our club then!! Some people need to get real!!

That?s completely off topic, am not disputing the fact the Romanov is full of more *****e than seafield sewage works I was just making the point that I don?t think we can criticise him for not bringing in new players when on this occasion he has never said he would.

As for being happy about the way the club is being run, off course am not and I dont think you will find a Hearts fan who is, but am also fed up with the number of people mumping their gums about organising protests etc yet never bother their arse to do so. This board is littered with threads complaining about every aspect of the club, yet the closest they get to doing anything about it is coming on here and starting the same old negative threads every day. If you want to protest, protest, what is stopping you all?

This will be the last time he can pull this trick.

There is nothing that can be done just now that will make any difference, but come the start of next season, if there is no new manager in place, the fans will vote with their feet. No one will be signing up for season tickets on the "promise" of things changing.

I would rather wait until the summer and get the right man than appoint the wrong man now.

I have heard that since Rix left though.

To be honest, I think that the majority of people on here weren't expecting much after reading the news on here and the Hearts site on January 1st. Now I am certainly not a Romanov supporter but the published article did not say that the manager, regardless of when he was hired, would have control of buying players, in this transfer window or any other.
That's not how I remember it, the long term Romanov skeptics were told to eat some humble pie and the usual crowd were creaming/touching themselves.:rolleyes:

When I think about it Romanaov did confirm that if no manager was appointed in this transfer window they would follow up on Frails signing targets.

Not exactly a promise of new players but it certainly hints that action was going to be taken.

maroonlegions

When Burley was sacked we sleep walked through the gate and have been walking up a very long garden path with no end in sight just know , we have been fed distractions ,new stand ect,,.but all in all they were to be designed to shut us up, i think he is running out of distractions and knows himself that most fans now are waking up and asking WTF are we doing in this fecking garden.:eek::eek::confused:

maroonlegions

eh, sorry double post, bairns eh.:eek:

Eating a lot of beetroot can give you an awful fright when you go to the toilet the next day.

That sounds like one of Romanov's proverbs.

Only drink it with care if you dont't want a rectal prostate examination the next day when you go to the doctor because of the colour of your pee.

This will be the last time he can pull this trick.

There is nothing that can be done just now that will make any difference, but come the start of next season, if there is no new manager in place, the fans will vote with their feet. No one will be signing up for season tickets on the "promise" of things changing.

Agreed, the summer will be very interesting.

Colonel Kurtz
Only drink it with care if you dont't want a rectal prostate examination the next day when you go to the doctor because of the colour of your pee.

From a very stern Matron with cold calloussed hands,do heinz or Knor do Beetroot

That's not how I remember it, the long term Romanov skeptics were told to eat some humble pie and the usual crowd were creaming/touching themselves.:rolleyes:

Pretty much

Technically Romanov has not lied (yet) but most supporters will be disgusted that no action has been taken. The Screpis situation would also appear to confirm that nothing has changed at the club.

Romanov needed to act during the transfer window to get the club back on track. His failure to do so say alot about his current interest level in Hearts. He has single handedly destroyed the clubs reputation and if he continues it wil only be a matter of time before the club goes down the pan as well.

:o:o HE'S FOUND OUT HE'S SH**E AT PLAYING FIFA MANAGER AT OUR EXPENSE AND HE'S NOO THREW THE RATTLE OOT THE PRAM, ERGO HE COULDNY GIE A FEK WHAT HAPPENS TO US NOW, HE'S HOPING THAT EVERYTHING HEARTS RELATED WILL JUST GO AWAY NOW AN LEAVE HIM ALONE.:o:o

You just keep believing Samster. :rolleyes:

I don't 'believe' anything, i'm just giving my opinion. It's a lot less reactionary than some people on this site.

One thing that is slightly different in our selection policy is likely to be the need for any candidate to spend a couple of days with romanov, possibly abroad. What with his 'business' committments and the likelyhood that 75% of candidates would not pass the 'hunger in his eyes' test-it would take us a lot longer!

Ally Alexander

Strange. It seems to be the same people that state that no player in their right mind would sign for Hearts are berating the club for not signing anyone!

They could well be right; all primary targets may have turned us down.

Bit surprised that there is no manager in place ,though. Wonder if anyone had turned it down also?

By The Light..

I wonder too who has turned us down on the manager front.

JJ?

CL?

Before the mad one bought us we would have had a queue round past the tynecastle arms.

Right now anyone would be good sign that we have a trust situation.

Bobby Williamson? okay maybe not anyone:ninja:

If you believe what Anderton was quoted as saying the other day, Vlad loves fantasy football and unless you play who he tells you to play and when ,you end up like Burley who wouldnt let him meddle. Oh yes the player in question bye the way was Miko, strange we are still going through the same scenario .

I've been of the opinion that the building of the stand would be the acid test for Romanov, but I now think it is the appointment of a manager. If there isn't one in by the summer, don't bother with a new stand.

The right man is already there and that is Romanov. There isnt anyone else coming Romanov is playing out his fantasies by playing manager. He spent far too much time locked up in a submarine,he is living proof of what too much time underwater will do to ones head.

I would rather wait until the summer and get the right man than appoint the wrong man now.

Spot on. Now its that time again when the usual turncoats start backtracking on their statements and begin to change their minds (again).

CornhillHearts

My prediction would be that if Davies wants it the jobs is his, but seemingly he is on holiday.

If he does not want it, then we will be back to square one.

boabyarsebiscuit
My prediction would be that if Davies wants it the jobs is his, but seemingly he is on holiday.

If he does not want it, then we will be back to square one.

Genuine question. What about rumours saying Davies can't work 'til Derby County stump up his compo?

When I think about it Romanaov did confirm that if no manager was appointed in this transfer window they would follow up on Frails signing targets.

Not exactly a promise of new players but it certainly hints that action was going to be taken.

But the transfer window will be closed on the 31st January... so how can frails targets be brought in? No point following frails tagets up in the summer if thats when the new man will be here, he would want to build his own team. So following up on frails targets does not make any sense.

not havn a go @ u m8...just that muppet vlad

Guest JamboRobbo

Thats a very valid point which I'd normally agree with.

The problem is, we've been ****ed around for so long, that if we were told this is the case, I have no trust left that it would actually happen in the summer. I think it is the same with many of us, and rightly so IMO.

Wonder what the record is for the longest period a team has gone without a proper manager in place, for as long as Vlad is in place we could get that unwanted record.................. HMFC Kickback January 25th 2011 - Header - when will Hearts finally appoint a manager?

One thing that is slightly different in our selection policy is likely to be the need for any candidate to spend a couple of days with romanov, possibly abroad. What with his 'business' committments and the likelyhood that 75% of candidates would not pass the 'hunger in his eyes' test-it would take us a lot longer!

That's a valid point.

The announcement was made on Jan 1st when most people are on holiday so a period of around 10 days or so for people to apply for the job would take until the end of the second week in january.

Another week would probably be required to draw up a shortlist of applicants as his-nibs wanted to be involved.

It would probably take another week to arrange interviews if part of the process involved going to Kaunas to meet with VR so that would take us up to the the fourth week in january.

I'd imagine that someone will be offered the job either next week or the start of the following week.

If that person is the right man for the job then missing out on a couple of players in january will have been worth it.

Archived