*****Official Dundee United versus Heart of Midlothian Match Thread *****

cookieboy

3 hours ago, Thomaso said:

So if this as been covered guys but why are we playing on Sunday?

As happens every season, the bottom 6 play on Saturdays and the top 6 on Sundays.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Don Dan

• Morgan

• Bazzas right boot

17 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

As happens every season, the bottom 6 play on Saturdays and the top 6 on Sundays.

nope, motherwell v rangers is on just now, it is because dundee are at home today

OmiyaHearts
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

nope, motherwell v rangers is on just now, it is because dundee are at home today

Its because Rangers asked Motherwell to move the game to Saturday and they obliged.

3 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

see you  at Tynecastle next Sunday :notsure:

3 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Its because Rangers asked Motherwell to move the game to Saturday and they obliged.

i realise that now, but i was right in regards to they are now not splitting the relegation half ties and the top 6 ties over days due to their positions

Tom Hardy’s Dug

We should keep playing Simms - the more games the better for him.

I’d be giving Devlin, Woodburn and GMS games also.

Smith should get game time too - I wonder I we should rest Haring and play Smith in midfield for a game or two as Atkinson ideally needs to keep playing also to continue his progress.

My neighbour has 2 tickets for utd game tomorrow but they will not be able to go if anyone is interested let me know we stay in Newton Village..

3 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

We should keep playing Simms - the more games the better for him.

I’d be giving Devlin, Woodburn and GMS games also.

Smith should get game time too - I wonder I we should rest Haring and play Smith in midfield for a game or two as Atkinson ideally needs to keep playing also to continue his progress.

Pretty much agree. I’d be playing Smith at centre back though. Halkett and Souttar out so use his experience back there

Finally got round to buying 4 tickets earlier. 

First time I've sat up top for a game there always been behind the goal or the lower Fairplay. 

Hoping for a win but more looking forward to a party atmosphere and just singing without giving a **** about the result :yas:

We_are_the_Hearts

Where’s the best place to park these days? Been going on a supporters bus for years but needing to drive today. 

1 hour ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Where’s the best place to park these days? Been going on a supporters bus for years but needing to drive today. 

Will get plenty on street parking around the ground but if you want somewhere off street the car park behind my flats always has spaces and is free to use if you drop me a PM ill send you postcode. 

maroonlegions

Blootered last night with a family and friends gathering, so it a hair of the dug sesh for me up there.

Edited by maroonlegions

16 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

Was going to go but £28 is ridiculous. Plus £53 on the train. 

Even more of a rip off as Dundee United are selling 2/3 post split game packages working out at 20 quid a pop. I thought there was some rule you couldn’t charge away fans more than home supporters 

Neilson won’t divert much from his tried and trusted wing back set up, esp with key injuries now. 

Think we’ll see Sibbick drop more centrally and Moore at RCB.  The left side as per last week.  Midfield may see McEneff start with Haring.  Boyce and Simms.

I feel Neilson will want to start strong and show what the SC Finalists are all about 🙂 then introduce subs into the 2nd half.

My fear is this lot will be quite physical today.  They’ve got a couple of nippy sweeties in their camp who like to put it about.  We had a torrid time with injuries here not so long ago, so we have to manage ourselves here.  

9 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Neilson won’t divert much from his tried and trusted wing back set up, esp with key injuries now. 

Think we’ll see Sibbick drop more centrally and Moore at RCB.  The left side as per last week.  Midfield may see McEneff start with Haring.  Boyce and Simms.

I feel Neilson will want to start strong and show what the SC Finalists are all about 🙂 then introduce subs into the 2nd half.

My fear is this lot will be quite physical today.  They’ve got a couple of nippy sweeties in their camp who like to put it about.  We had a torrid time with injuries here not so long ago, so we have to manage ourselves here.  

Thought maybe Boyce might get a rest.

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

Thought maybe Boyce might get a rest.

Aye, could happen.  As the games are now whittling down we may see Woodburn get a few farewell matches.  

On 21/04/2022 at 19:17, 7PNJ4 said:

Levein kinda gave up on the split games in 2019 and almost won the cup. Would take the same this time round although would really like to see them go for it at Celtic Park no matter who is in the starting lineup.

Also we went out and took our lumps v Celtic in the league in 2012 because we only cared about the cup 

43 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I think they will be physical today.   They just need to keep nipping at our key players so Robbie feels he should sub them.    Or they might go full charge and really hurt one of them.    I suppose we could give it back with no real concern about league position.    I wouldn't mind seeing Edwards or Butcher get a nasty one today ☺ 

46 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

United will be looking for something partly to fend of Hibs challenge for 4th

We’ll probably lose today. Utd have such a lot left to play for and our job is done. 4 points in the next 2 games and they are just about home and hosed for 4th or 5th which would be enough for Europe. Just FFS avoid injuries to key players and move on.

Edited by JimmyCant

KyleLafferty

Play our best team. Should always play your best team. Anyone with slight Niggles can sit this out. Otherwise I want the strongest possible team out there.

1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

Play our best team. Should always play your best team. Anyone with slight Niggles can sit this out. Otherwise I want the strongest possible team out there.

Just about every single player in the squad will have niggles at this time of the season. We can play a full team in 2nd or 3rd gear for the next few weeks and manage the training to ‘ticking over’ levels but some players with ‘niggles’ will need to be risked 

upgotheheads
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Just about every single player in the squad will have niggles at this time of the season. We can play a full team in 2nd or 3rd gear for the next few weeks and manage the training to ‘ticking over’ levels but some players with ‘niggles’ will need to be risked 

I guess we'll know a bit more in about an hour.

11 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Every player will niggles after the last 2 games against h1b5 

gonna be trying to follow the match while at NDP for Accies ladies v Celtic . Granddaughter plays in Accies academy and is a ball girl today , gonna be a proud moment . Hopefully news reaches me of at least a point for The Heart Of Midlothian . 

1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

I think they will be physical today.   They just need to keep nipping at our key players so Robbie feels he should sub them.    Or they might go full charge and really hurt one of them.    I suppose we could give it back with no real concern about league position.    I wouldn't mind seeing Edwards or Butcher get a nasty one today ☺ 

Might be rubbish but apparently Butcher is finished at Utd due to his mrs cheating on him and apparently he smashed her and the lad up. 

Might just be rumours but i've heard it from alot of Utd fans at work and in my football team.

avhudtheteeshirt

Have the rules changed?

I thought you could not televise a game when other league games are being played???

1 minute ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

Have the rules changed?

I thought you could not televise a game when other league games are being played???

Think that was binned years ago . Happens all the time now

upgotheheads
2 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

Have the rules changed?

I think that went out of the window when tv took over football years ago.

upgotheheads

Rathie and Tait? What positions do they play?

It looks like only replacements for injuries with the exception of Simms, suprised Devlin doesn't start though.

Edited by upgotheheads

Italian Lambretta

Woodburn not in the first 11 today. What is the point of keeping this player if he can't even get a game today.

Rick Sanchez
4 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Woodburn not in the first 11 today. What is the point of keeping this player if he can't even get a game today.

Perfect chance to play him and give Boyce a rest tbh. He even said himself that 10 is his best position.

18 minutes ago, copa-mundial said:

4-2-3-1 judging by personnel. 

I’d say so

Gordon

Atkinson

Sibbick

Moore

Cochrane

Haring

Mcaneff

Mckay

Boyce

GMS

Ginelly

Quite an attacking line up

Edited by JimmyCant

Mr Elwood P
23 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

Have the rules changed?

Has that ever been a rule? TV blackout at 3pm on a Saturday.

22 minutes ago, William H. Bonney said:

Is that a Levein sort of a format. With Boyce on his lonesome.

Edited by Tasavallan

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I’d say so

Gordon

Atkinson

Sibbick

Moore

Cochrane

Haring

Mcaneff

Mckay

Boyce

GMS

Ginelly

4 defenders who were not even in our squad last year.

copa-mundial
3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I’d say so

Gordon

Atkinson

Sibbick

Moore

Cochrane

Haring

Mcaneff

Mckay

Boyce

GMS

Ginelly

Exactly how I seen it too. 

19 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Rathie and Tait? What positions do they play?

It looks like only replacements for injuries with the exception of Simms, suprised Devlin doesn't start though.

Both  midfield.