*****Official Dundee United versus Heart of Midlothian Match Thread *****

cookieboy

Jambo in Bathgate

I’m getting a bit pissed off with opposition Managers coming out and commenting about losing soft goals. Again yesterday Corts comes out and said the same thing. Our first goal may have been soft but their keeper makes an arse of the cross. The other two goals were a thing of beauty. Both passes left the DU defence on their heals. However both Gino and Ellis had a lot of work to do to convert them. Robbie never makes comments about opposing teams. He could have said a lot about Hibs dirty play for instance. 

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Don Dan

• Morgan

• Bazzas right boot

KyleLafferty
1 hour ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

I’m getting a bit pissed off with opposition Managers coming out and commenting about losing soft goals. Again yesterday Corts comes out and said the same thing. Our first goal may have been soft but their keeper makes an arse of the cross. The other two goals were a thing of beauty. Both passes left the DU defence on their heals. However both Gino and Ellis had a lot of work to do to convert them. Robbie never makes comments about opposing teams. He could have said a lot about Hibs dirty play for instance. 

To be honest with you mate, our second goal is shambolic by united. Straight ball over the top. Zero pressure on Cochrane. Terrible goal to concede 

Francis Albert
4 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

The cup final is more meaningful. 

There's not often in your life time we've had European group stage football tied with no chance of going up or down a league position either with a cup final in the bag. 

How many times has that happened in your life? 

Every game has some meaning tho, 

Points, win bonus, confidence, match fitness, fighting for a place in the team etc. 

Clearly some games are more important or meaningful than others. The cup final is up there. 

Of course But I was replying to a comment that none of our remaining league games are in any way meaningful.

Robbie, the players and the travelling fans clearly saw some meaning in yesterday's game.

colinmaroon
3 hours ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Craigan's summary of Simms goal at Hampden (while not a manager) was typical merde.  All about Hibs defence, and the goal being a thunderous shot as an afterthought.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Of course But I was replying to a comment that none of our remaining league games are in any way meaningful.

Robbie, the players and the travelling fans clearly saw some meaning in yesterday's game.

Maybe taking folk too literal. 

I don't think anyone believes the games or any are completely meaningless. 

Some definitely have priority tho. 

3 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

To be honest with you mate, our second goal is shambolic by united. Straight ball over the top. Zero pressure on Cochrane. Terrible goal to concede 

O see what you mean, and for the third Barry jogged half the length of the pitch before playing the pass to Simms, also with zero pressure on Barry.

Hackney Hearts
3 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

There's not many goals scored where you can't blame the defence for something (maybe Kingsley's last week?).

Utd's 2 goals were brilliantly executed, from one perspective.

From a defensive perspective, Haring gets megged and Cochrane sells himself way too cheaply for the first. Likewise for the second, Boyce lets him get a shot away. Two soft goals right there, Tam. 😉

43 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Maybe taking folk too literal. 

I don't think anyone believes the games or any are completely meaningless. 

Some definitely have priority tho. 

Yes, I was wrong to say they were not in any way meaningless, as they will always be meaningful to the fans.  I meant they were meaningless in terms of where we end up in the league, so there is no need for us to take any risks with players in these games, whereas Rangers could be involved in very meaningful games all the way to the final 🤞

We actually saw an example of the safety first approach yesterday.  Robbie said McEneff was ready to play on, but Robbie decided it wasn't worth the risk.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Yes, I was wrong to say they were not in any way meaningless, as they will always be meaningful to the fans.  I meant they were meaningless in terms of where we end up in the league, so there is no need for us to take any risks with players in these games, whereas Rangers could be involved in very meaningful games all the way to the final 🤞

We actually saw an example of the safety first approach yesterday.  Robbie said McEneff was ready to play on, but Robbie decided it wasn't worth the risk.

That's how I read  it when folk say meaningless. 

Jambo in Bathgate
3 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Craigan's summary of Simms goal at Hampden (while not a manager) was typical merde.  All about Hibs defence, and the goal being a thunderous shot as an afterthought.

Yep. There’s much jealousy about Heart of Midlothian among the also

rans. 

Seen the highlights.  Two really good goals from them.  Credit where it's due.  Superb winning goal from us.

Terrific support.

Francis Albert
6 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

That's how I read  it when folk say meaningless. 

"Not in any way meaningful" was what I replied to. I was not taking it "too literal". I was taking it as what was very clearly written. 

But glad what what was written has been corrected to confirm that for some and in some ways the games are indeed meaningful.

Edited by Francis Albert

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

"Not in any way meaningful" was what I replied to. I was not taking it "too literal". I was taking it as what was very clearly written. 

But glad what what was written has been corrected to confirm that for some and in some ways the games are indeed meaningful.

Very definition Tbh. 

When folk say to you "Im starving" do you phone an ambulance or get on with dinner? 

Francis Albert
36 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Very definition Tbh. 

When folk say to you "Im starving" do you phone an ambulance or get on with dinner? 

Depends on the context surely...

in a famine zone or going out to a restaurant it would mean different things. 

Anyway as I said  it has been clarified as "in no way  meaningful as far as our final league position is concerned".

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Depends on the context surely...

in a famine zone or going out to a restaurant it would mean different things. 

Anyway as I said  it has been clarified as "in no way  meaningful as far as our final league position is concerned".

😂😂

Do You find yourself in the middle of a famine often? 

Fair doos. 

You maybe need to holiday elsewhere. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Broxburn Jambo
19 hours ago, 1953 said:

O see what you mean, and for the third Barry jogged half the length of the pitch before playing the pass to Simms, also with zero pressure on Barry.

It's all about the ball from Barry and the run and finish from Ellis, the attack beat the defence

RustyRightPeg
10 minutes ago, Broxburn Jambo said:

It's all about the ball from Barry and the run and finish from Ellis, the attack beat the defence

The run from Simms makes the goal. If he runs in a straight line he’s not on for a pass. 

It’s exceptional movement running across the line. Show that to any young aspiring striker and tell them to learn from it. 

12 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

The run from Simms makes the goal. If he runs in a straight line he’s not on for a pass. 

It’s exceptional movement running across the line. Show that to any young aspiring striker and tell them to learn from it. 

this