*****Official Dundee United versus Heart of Midlothian Match Thread *****

cookieboy

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

After first 15 I wanted him hooked.  Wtf fo 8 know😁

I also felt it wasn’t going to be his day.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Don Dan

• Morgan

• Bazzas right boot

15 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

74 in the 05/06 season.

This by my reckoning. 

...andFulton'sBaggio

What a brilliant result, especially after going behind. We really are having a fantastic season when we can field the second string (mostly) and come away with that kind of performance and result away from home. There's a lot more fight about us these days which is great to see. Well played Hearts 👏 👏 👏 

davemclaren

Defence looked shocking for the first ten minutes and I feared the worst but we certainly came onto a game!!

very enjoyable watch. 

Bazzas right boot
39 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I don’t see what difference what league they are in makes, but he’s been great for us, and that’s the purpose of big clubs putting young players on loan unfortunately. He was on the fringes of their first team before he came to us and unless we can persuade Everton with a good deal, he’ll be going back there

It's a massive difference, if Everton get relegated they'll clear the decks, reduce costs and Simms wil have a better chance of playing as they'll be playing a level below. 

If they stay up, they'll spend more money on better players and Simms will have less chance of game time and he'll Likley be more keen for a move. 

Stayed behind and met the players. 

Well done to this man - getting decent performances from players who havent played alot of football recently.

IMG-20220424-WA0012.jpg

FarmerTweedy
41 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

We didn’t sign Fuller for £1m

We didn’t sign McCulloch for £1m

If Simms costs around £1m it’s a no brainer IMO. Strikers that can score cost money - would be a bargain and still a chance to make a profit.

We couldn't afford £1m for Fuller at the time. Can't remember what the position was when we were after McCulloch. I'd be all for paying £1m for Simms, but there's absolutely no reason to believe Everton would accept that. With the crazy fees we see in England these days, it's entirely possible Everton could value him at something more like £5m, if not more!  There's also the question of personal demands. It's not out of the question that he might be looking for something like £12-15k per week, or even more, and while I wouldn't necessarily say he wouldn't be worth that sort of wage in the football marketplace, I don't think we're really in a position yet to be push our wage structure to that sort of extent. 

In reality, I suspect Everton will want him back for preseason to look at him again and assess where they think he is, and will only want to make a decision to loan him out again or sell him as we start to approach the end of the window in August. 

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Did Woodburn show anything today?

Yes, plenty. Some nice touches and put in a shift alongside Haring. 

Edited by karipidis

9 minutes ago, 151 said:

Well done to this man - getting decent performances from players who havent played alot of football recently.

IMG-20220424-WA0012.jpg

Magic! What it’s all about right there. Hope the wee one enjoyed meeting everyone!

10 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

See to be honest Hearts are ****ing phenomenal at playing football 

:yas:

TyphoonJambo

Who do you want this made out to Shaun? How's the job hunt going?

28 minutes ago, Imaman said:

Robertson scores for Liverpool 

Jings, is the wee man still banging them in ? I thought he was in semi retirement at Inverness. 😉

TyphoonJambo
14 minutes ago, 151 said:

IMG-20220424-WA0012.jpg

Who do you want this made out to Shaun? How's the job hunt going?

RustyRightPeg
21 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

In flashes yes. He was solid without being spectacular IMO.

Craig Herbertson

Anyone know if the game is being shown on telly. I tried my best world wide web search efforts and came up with a blank.

The Hogfather

One of the most entertaining games I’ve seen all season. Proper ding dong battle that could’ve went either way. Deserved winners though. 

RustyRightPeg
25 minutes ago, 151 said:

IMG-20220424-WA0012.jpg

He just gets it doesn’t he?

24 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

See to be honest Hearts are ****ing phenomenal at playing football 

They certainly are mate. Looked like we had a few more gears as well. 

I love the wee flicks etc that we try. They don’t always come off but it smacks of a team full of skill and confidence.  

Long may this continue. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
32 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

We couldn't afford £1m for Fuller at the time. Can't remember what the position was when we were after McCulloch. I'd be all for paying £1m for Simms, but there's absolutely no reason to believe Everton would accept that. With the crazy fees we see in England these days, it's entirely possible Everton could value him at something more like £5m, if not more!  There's also the question of personal demands. It's not out of the question that he might be looking for something like £12-15k per week, or even more, and while I wouldn't necessarily say he wouldn't be worth that sort of wage in the football marketplace, I don't think we're really in a position yet to be push our wage structure to that sort of extent. 

In reality, I suspect Everton will want him back for preseason to look at him again and assess where they think he is, and will only want to make a decision to loan him out again or sell him as we start to approach the end of the window in August. 

I’d agree generally but the good thing is everyone down in England thinks our level is dugshite.

Even if not I don’t see anything that puts Ellis at £5m

Is Reece-Cooke worth £5m to an English team?

Also Rangers got Morelos for £1m IIRC.

Depending on his contract situation and a Everton’s position I think £1m for Ellis is fair and I don’t think anyone in the Championship would be ready to bid money for him yet on the basis of 4 months in Scotland.

If Everton are being clever they extend his contract, loan him back to us and see how he does in Europe next season (either that or sell him to us and put in a 30-40% sell on.

Reality is if Simms has any proper quality we’d lose him after around 18 months anyway so we aren’t really slowing out to do what we can to get him for another year.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Nookie Bear

I was going to post that it suits us that Dundee Utd play attacking football which leaves the pitch more open for us. Most other teams sit in and make it difficult. 

But I checked and they have only scored 33 league goals this season. 6 against us!

They have only conceded 40. We have scored over a quarter of them 😯

So, in summary, they lose the plot against us 🤷‍♂️

LochcarronJambo

Really chuffed with win, we deserved it & could have had more...& that was with so many changes-however got to say GMS was anonymous & Woodburn is just a total waste of time

Good match.    Not a smooth match but a determined and classy showing.   

Ginelly showing he can manoeuvre past players with trickery and not just pace also top class touch and finish.   

McKay steven put a shift on in the left wing back role.    Well done. 

McKay excellent as usual.    Done a nice left foot cross switch on the wing.    Another assist. 

Simms left foot hammer in the left side of the goal.    He can score with both feet and head.    Needs signed. 

Moore, Sibbick and Cochrane doing their best in a back three.    Sibbick center, Moore right, Cochrane left.   Some mistakes but made up for it. 

Atkinson strong down the right wing again.   Lasted 90 minutes this time! 

Woodburn involved for the first goal with a slide pass to Atkinson who crossed for Boyce.   

Gordon :verysmug:

I think Boyce struggled a bit again.   Gets a goal so all is good. 

Great away win and another pumping for Dundee Hibs. 

Edited by HMFC01

colinmaroon
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I was going to post that it suits us that Dundee Utd play attacking football which leaves the pitch more open for us. Most other teams sit in and make it difficult. 

But I checked and they have only scored 33 league goals this season. 6 against us!

They have only conceded 40. We have scored over a quarter of them 😯

So, in summary, they lose the plot against us 🤷‍♂️

They sat in after scoring and I couldn'r believe how deep they sat.  It was the kind of tactics that used to get Robby a lot of earache.  We were completely dominant until we scored the second and still finished the stronger.

Just now, LochcarronJambo said:

Really chuffed with win, we deserved it & could have had more...& that was with so many changes-however got to say GMS was anonymous & Woodburn is just a total waste of time

I thought Woodburn slotted in pretty well. I’ve been one of his fiercest critics but we instantly improved after he replaced McEneff. Worked hard and gave United something to think about. 

27 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I thought Woodburn slotted in pretty well. I’ve been one of his fiercest critics but we instantly improved after he replaced McEneff. Worked hard and gave United something to think about. 

Good - he needs to realise if he doesn’t work hard he has no future in football.

We_are_the_Hearts
28 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He did, anyone that says otherwise doesn’t know football or have already made their mind up

RustyRightPeg
Just now, We_are_the_Hearts said:

He did, anyone that says otherwise doesn’t know football or have already made their mind up

A good way to put it.

Coming on (never easy as it is) into a position he doesn't know that well and we still got 3 points.

58 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Jings, is the wee man still banging them in ? I thought he was in semi retirement at Inverness. 😉

If only he was still banging them in for us but we have Ellis Simms these days 

grumpyespana

Enjoyed that today apart for the first fifteen minutes well done to all the fringe players today they all put a shift in.

34 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Something about playing Dundee Utd that suits Woodburn. Is it maybe that they don’t defend that tight in midfield ?. Games against UTD have been very open in general. I thought he was good today because he had space to turn and think and he worked hard in an unnatural position for him.

Mceneff was just jobbies. Can only play as a 10 and he’s not got enough to get a start in that role for us.

Atkinson, McKay, Ginelly, Moore and Simms were all outstanding today.

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Something about playing Dundee Utd that suits Woodburn. Is it maybe that they don’t defend that tight in midfield ?. Games against UTD have been very open in general. I thought he was good today because he had space to turn and think and he worked hard in an unnatural position for him.

Mceneff was just jobbies. Can only play as a 10 and he’s not got enough to get a start in that role for us.

Good point about United. Many games in our league are tight for space so United games probably give Ben that wee bit of extra space. 

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

This is why I think he's worth a punt - particularly for next season in Europe. I think the style of football we'll come up against will suit him and he could flourish.

Managed to watch it on my phone whilst my granddaughter was ball girl at Accies Ladies match . Been feeling shit all day and away to bed now . Tested negative thankfully. Will get the Ross County match thread starde tomorrow 🇱🇻🇱🇻

2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

This is why I think he's worth a punt - particularly for next season in Europe. I think the style of football we'll come up against will suit him and he could flourish.

Not done enough overall for me but the coaching staff seem to rate him and want to keep him. He might be better without the ‘Liverpool’ tag round his neck 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, JimmyCant said:

Not done enough overall for me but the coaching staff seem to rate him and want to keep him. He might be better without the ‘Liverpool’ tag round his neck 

I don't think any of us think he's done enough. When he scored the brace against Utd at Tynecastle earlier in the season I personally thought this would be him kicking on and showing how talented he is. Maybe we have found a gem and if Robbie wants him next season it's obvious he's a good lad and a good trainer. Halliday talks on OG all the time about how good the dressing room is and there's certainly nothing saying he's a bad egg. He could strop and use the Liverpool tag to say he should be playing every minute of every game but he isn't and he seems to just keep his head down. Perhaps it's a confidence thing, perhaps it's a fitness thing - we don't know.

If we do get him on a free - all we can do is give him a good pre-season and get him as fit as possible. Then it's up to him to produce. 

stirlingshirejambo
1 hour ago, 151 said:

IMG-20220424-WA0012.jpg

That’s a great pic. If kids have half the smile Robbies got they’ll be buzzing 

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Yes, more application today than I have seen from him. Looked like he was enjoying it. Had his touch been just a bit better we would have scored more. Would be good to have him fully match fit for final. 

I was just thinking back and I didn't mention Boyce had some nice touches and flicks in the attacks.   

Haring brilliant as well.    

2 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

19 points clear of 4th-who would have believed that at the start of the season?

Me ... 😁

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes, more application today than I have seen from him. Looked like he was enjoying it. Had his touch been just a bit better we would have scored more. Would be good to have him fully match fit for final. 

It's all a cunning plan by Hearts to make Woodburn appear rotten most of the season. Nobody wants him, we sign him up and he turns into a world beater.

4 minutes ago, stirlingshirejambo said:

That’s a great pic. If kids have half the smile Robbies got they’ll be buzzing 

He was great. Mentioned about the wee mans pin badge he's got on his scarf its the PSG badge. I said we got him it before the semi final he said it would be good luck and Robbies reply was

"Well, it certainly worked didnt it?" With a big smile. 

Devlin was brilliant with them aswell as was Gino - who we waited on the longest literally last man out the stadium :lol:

7 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I don't think any of us think he's done enough. When he scored the brace against Utd at Tynecastle earlier in the season I personally thought this would be him kicking on and showing how talented he is. Maybe we have found a gem and if Robbie wants him next season it's obvious he's a good lad and a good trainer. Halliday talks on OG all the time about how good the dressing room is and there's certainly nothing saying he's a bad egg. He could strop and use the Liverpool tag to say he should be playing every minute of every game but he isn't and he seems to just keep his head down. Perhaps it's a confidence thing, perhaps it's a fitness thing - we don't know.

If we do get him on a free - all we can do is give him a good pre-season and get him as fit as possible. Then it's up to him to produce. 

I have a really weird feeling he's going to win the Cup for us.

It's his destiny to produce one moment of magic. 

You heard it here first 👍