Teams for final 5 games

SomethingAboutObua

12 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Give Gino, GMS, Woody and Mceneff some serious game time, and hopefully the can push for a cup final place. That will make the team stronger. Devlin needs match fitness and we need Sibbick to learn. Keep Moore off the park please. 

Totally agree with your first sentence.  If they're not jumping out of their skins to impress, it will tell us a lot about our summer recruitment.

Wonder if we'll hear about a Forrest pre contact this week.

gashauskis9
27 minutes ago, colinzeal said:

Disagree. He is a limited player who slows play down and makes bad decisions with his distribution.

He also seems incapable of striking a ball cleanly, scuffs it nearly all the time. 

He has done okay for us, but he is someone we should be looking to upgrade on for next season. 

The market we’re in makes it difficult to attract a striker who has every attribute (goals, decision making, workrate, experience etc).  For me, he’s the most all round there is, and to get better than him is likely to outreach our budget.  

the reason he often slows down play is because the midfield are 3 bus stops behind him.  I agree with the decision making, it’s frustrating as hell but I’d still have him ahead of Ginelly or Woodburn in terms of experience and game management. 

The lad’s going through a dry spell, but most top strikers do the same at points in their career.  I’m sure Harry Kane went 2 months without scoring at the start of this or last season.

ps - I’m not comparing them on quality btw

2 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

The market we’re in makes it difficult to attract a striker who has every attribute (goals, decision making, workrate, experience etc).  For me, he’s the most all round there is, and to get better than him is likely to outreach our budget.  

There is no way he is the ceiling for what we can get in terms of strikers. He is competent for our transition, where we are now we need and can get better.

2 hours ago, colinzeal said:

Disagree. He is a limited player who slows play down and makes bad decisions with his distribution.

He also seems incapable of striking a ball cleanly, scuffs it nearly all the time. 

He has done okay for us, but he is someone we should be looking to upgrade on for next season. 

Sadly I have to agree with this and think we need to upgrade on him. With the quality we have in our team to create chances any half decent striker should be scoring goals every week and he has missed far more than he has scored.

Take away his penalties and his scoring record is not so great.

Bazzas right boot

I'd go full strength v Utd. 

For some reason I want them beat. 

Not arsed v the rest, play some youth. 

Get GMS, Gino, McEneff, Pollock, kirk, moore and Sibbick done game time. 

Get Smith, Souttar and Devlin up and running. 

Give McKay, Boycie and uncle Craig a wee rest. 

gashauskis9
3 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Sadly I have to agree with this and think we need to upgrade on him. With the quality we have in our team to create chances any half decent striker should be scoring goals every week and he has missed far more than he has scored.

Take away his penalties and his scoring record is not so great.

If you take penalties away from most strikers, their record won’t be great.  

Personally, if we’re in the market for a new striker in the summer, it should be for someone to play alongside him, not replace him. 

gashauskis9
3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I'd go full strength v Utd. 

For some reason I want them beat. 

Not arsed v the rest, play some youth. 

Get GMS, Gino, McEneff, Pollock, kirk, moore and Sibbick done game time. 

Get Smith, Souttar and Devlin up and running. 

Give McKay, Boycie and uncle Craig a wee rest. 

Craig’s been rested for a fortnight to be fair 😎

HeartsandonlyHearts
18 hours ago, ri Alban said:

We need to go full strength against Rangers in the final league game. We need to see where we stand.

Not sure if serious. No really. I’m not sure if serious.

Just now, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Not sure if serious. No really. I’m not sure if serious.

Deadly. Feck getting pumped again going into a final 

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Deadly. Feck getting pumped again going into a final 

We get nothing from officials at the best of times against the @$$ cheeks. God forbid Newco get carte blanche to kick the $#!t out off us a week before a final. Non starters or kids for me on May 14. JMO

Francis Albert

Play our strongest team while not risking anyone carrying an injury. Best build up to the final  would be to win all or most of the remaining 5 games. The idea of our key players going a month with little or no competitive football prior to the final is ludicrous. 

Edited by Francis Albert

8 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Play our strongest team while not risking anyone carrying an injury. Best build up to the final  would be to win all or most of the raining 5 games. The idea of our key players going a month with little or no competitive football prior to the final is ludicrous. 

It's a tough one.  How do we keep the winning momentum going while making sure the likes of Devlin, Kingsley, Simms, McKay Boyce etc stay fit for final.  I would be giving game time to the fringe squad players plus maybe one or two young players allowing the main guys to flit between team and bench.  

Squad management.  Get some folk some games, work Souttar, Smith and Devlin back in, take absolutely zero chances with injuries.

Last game has to be pretty much a reserve team, risk of suspension as well as injury means I couldn't care if we get pumped 5 nil

Francis Albert
26 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

Squad management.  Get some folk some games, work Souttar, Smith and Devlin back in, take absolutely zero chances with injuries.

Last game has to be pretty much a reserve team, risk of suspension as well as injury means I couldn't care if we get pumped 5 nil

How would the SFA react to us playing a reserve team that got pumped 5-0 and gifted the title to Rangers and denied it to  Celtic?

8 hours ago, colinzeal said:

Boyce a limited player🤣

Although I agree that his scuff for the first goal in the 2-2 draw at Tannadice was a shocker.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, gashauskis9 said:

Craig’s been rested for a fortnight to be fair 😎

Aye, but let him have a night off at the strippers, go mental. 

Hungry hippo
18 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

How would the SFA react to us playing a reserve team that got pumped 5-0 and gifted the title to Rangers and denied it to  Celtic?

They would struggle to do anything given the precedent of Celtic playing their reserves at Rugby Park about 20 years ago and costing us a place in Europe.

Francis Albert
15 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

They would struggle to do anything given the precedent of Celtic playing their reserves at Rugby Park about 20 years ago and costing us a place in Europe.

You seem not to understand how the SFA works. There are only two clubs in  Scotland  the SFA are interested in.

5 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

The title will be over by that point

15 hours ago, colinzeal said:

Yes.  Boyce has been off the boil for months and has had some very bad misses in that time.  Can we afford to have him miss good scoring opportunities in the final?

On 17/04/2022 at 20:22, RobNox said:

Or, we try and bluff them.  Keep a few first choices out claiming they are doubtful for the final, then they turn up fully fit and raring to go.

They will likely counter that by having their fanbois in the Weejy press say their interested in buying Devlin, Beni & Halkett. The usual. 

• 3 weeks later...
colinzeal
On 18/04/2022 at 06:51, gashauskis9 said:

No chance.  I was screaming at him on Sat, but he’ll be one of the first on the team sheet for the final and rightfully so.  We need his work rate over 90 mins and his poor spell in front of goal will end eventually.

He is getting worse by the week.