* Watching the cup final abroad - help thread *

John Montgomery

First final I’ll miss apart from the pandemic final. I’ll be in the middle of the pacific Hearts shirt and hat shouting on the boys watching on a lap top on the top deck somewhere (if I can get Wi-Fi) 🙏will be 6am at KO,  just hope the bar is open for an early morning sesh.

Section Q

Hearts TV couldn't confirm they'd include the final in their subscription so I think Premier Sports might be the go.

Section Q

Hearts TV couldn't confirm they'd include the final in their subscription so I think Premier Sports might be the go.

If in the privacy of your own home you can try dowloading LiveNet4.8. There is a section called "Live Events" though whether it populates at the moment seems to be questionable. When Live Events works you can watch all Scottish Premier League games live, all top two English Divisions, German, Italian, Spanish, French, Netherlands and a few other countries' top football divisions. Also broadcasts live all US Baseball, Football, Basketball, Formula 1, Cricket etc etc.

If LiveEvents isn't populating, there is a separate "sports" section with around 50 channels throughout the world broadcasting live sports events like 6 BeInSports channels. You can also try specific countries i.e under Australia all Aussie rules footbal games are available live, all National Rugby League and all Aussie "soccer" games live, under UK there are all the BBC channels etc including the Gaelic channel which often has live Scottish football and will almost certainly be broadcasting the Scottish Cup Final.

The downsides are that it might be illegal in some countries and you'll need at least 10-15 Mb/sec of internet speed for it to work.

broxburnjambo
On 27/04/2022 at 18:05, Mdoug79 said:

Anyone know a bar in Benidorm that I would get the Final on TV? 

Baxters

broxburnjambo
On 01/05/2022 at 20:53, Dean Winchester said:

Anyone know of anywhere in Salou? I'll have the iPad as backup just in case :lol: 

Flower of Scotland or The Red Lion

broxburnjambo
On 18/04/2022 at 16:27, AGoodLaugh said:

I'll be in Rhodes if anyone has any suggestions 

That'll teach me to double check my dates next time 

Depends where you are staying. Glory Days in Ixia just outside Rhodes Town is one of the best sports Bars I have been to. Wear your Hearts colours and they will look after you. 

TyphoonJambo
2 hours ago, 5-1Jambo said:

Any Jambos in the Tavira area of Portugal? Would be great to meet up for the game. 

Great idea, except are you not banned from the Irish bar?

32 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Great idea, except are you not banned from the Irish bar?

Yeh but sceptic aren't the opposition this time. 

DesertDawg
On 16/04/2022 at 08:04, John Montgomery said:

If nothing in San Antonio Bay area San Antonio itself will be fine.

Check out any of these places in advance to find out if they're open at 9.00am on the 21st and whether they have access to ESPN then you'll be on the right track.

https://www.10best.com/destinations/texas/san-antonio/nightlife/sports-bars/

I haven't been there since 2002 so a lot of these bars are new or have changed hands. 

trigger21
On 24/04/2022 at 11:52, Section Q said:

My wife's brother lives in Alex. Also family in Q'town...

Reckon anywhere in Q’town will show it? I’d go and stay overnight if there was somewhere to watch it.

AGoodLaugh
On 04/05/2022 at 13:42, broxburnjambo said:

Depends where you are staying. Glory Days in Ixia just outside Rhodes Town is one of the best sports Bars I have been to. Wear your Hearts colours and they will look after you. 

Thanks, appreciate that

Tams bird
On 27/04/2022 at 18:05, Mdoug79 said:

Anyone know a bar in Benidorm that I would get the Final on TV? 

Screenshot_20220508-132604_Facebook.jpg

MediumSlim

I saw some earlier posts saying it wasn't clear if Hearts TV was showing the final. At the end of the league game today they said they definitely would.

maroonedinoz
On 01/05/2022 at 17:32, A Boy Named Crow said:

.Any Sydney based Jambos got a better idea than trying to get The Star to show the game? It was my first choice,  but I reckon it'll be rammed with Sevco...

Cheers 

Is Cheers in George Street still operating?

Watched the 2012 final there.

A Boy Named Crow
41 minutes ago, maroonedinoz said:

Is Cheers in George Street still operating?

Watched the 2012 final there.

It is,  but I'm leaning more towards watching it in the house with a few beers now - anywhere in town is going to be rammed with Rangers fans I reckon. 

FERRY HEARTS

I’m stuck in New York airport today due to bad weather! Wouldny fancy watching game over in states pints and grub extortionate. Looking forward to joining every Jambo in weeg on Saturday   LETS MAKE SOME NOISE 🇱🇻

On 24/04/2022 at 11:52, Section Q said:

My wife's brother lives in Alex. Also family in Q'town...

Do you know if they have any plans to watch the game?

Just now, trigger21 said:

Do you know if they have any plans to watch the game?

No. They're Kiwis matey. I've got the game up here in Cairns with BeIn Sport, Singapore company. If you're passing you'rs welcome......👍

I will be on the Isle de Re off the French Atlantic coast,  Internet has been shite in most campsites so far so not hopeful. Will be near the town of La Flotte.

• davemclaren unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren pinned this topic
Fraggle Rock

Any Jambos in the Bodrum area for the final? 

I'm on holiday in Gumbet, but would be willing to travel in the Bodrum peninsula to watch the game with any fellow Hearts men?

If not I'm watching on IPTV I'm my hotel.

On 18/05/2022 at 13:35, Section Q said:

No. They're Kiwis matey. I've got the game up here in Cairns with BeIn Sport, Singapore company. If you're passing you'rs welcome......👍

Yes , same for me ( Bein sport) in locked down Shanghai. For the Semi we got Laurie from Hearts TV for the commentary. Hope it's not some twot from Rangers TV this time. If that fails Hearts TV are showing. They were totally out of sync last time so might not be able to use both together for sound and vision. Anyhoo, not too fussed as long as we can see it. Any other Jambos in SH? Still to meet one yet. 

Come on Hearts. BELIEVE

On 19/04/2022 at 18:24, Amoruso_lets_it_run said:

I'll be watching in Singapore. Would be good to watch with some other jambos!

Amo - let me know if you have established a jambos friendly venue - keen to watch with and meet fellow singapore jambos!

On 21/05/2022 at 12:27, hisnameis said:

Yes , same for me ( Bein sport) in locked down Shanghai. For the Semi we got Laurie from Hearts TV for the commentary. Hope it's not some twot from Rangers TV this time. If that fails Hearts TV are showing. They were totally out of sync last time so might not be able to use both together for sound and vision. Anyhoo, not too fussed as long as we can see it. Any other Jambos in SH? Still to meet one yet. 

Come on Hearts. BELIEVE

👍

• davemclaren unpinned this topic