The best pie

Doctor FinnBarr

Gotta be Bains of Lochore, I don't know if this is the same ones as Stenhouse.

I think it probably is.

Best had with home made chips and ketchup.

Bains are good, but you can't beat the big steak pies from Anderson's in East Linton.... untouchable.

why can't you touch them?

chester copperpot

Bains pie's are the best, but its not their best product.

The mince and onion bridies are simply out of this world, as a pastie type comparison.

Bains pie's are the best, but its not their best product.

The mince and onion bridies are simply out of this world, as a pastie type comparison.

Must try.

Better than Stephens Steak Bridies tho?

haha Stephens the master bakers.

chester copperpot
Must try.

Better than Stephens Steak Bridies tho?

haha Stephens the master bakers.

Seriously mate, a country mile better imo.

I think Stephen's steak bridies are nowhere near as good they used to be. I used to love them, but have found that there's not as much filling as there used to be.

Seriously mate, a country mile better imo.

I think Stephen's steak bridies are nowhere near as good they used to be. I used to love them, but have found that there's not as much filling as there used to be.

I worked in East Kilbride for a while and used to get one of the drivers that did Fife & Edinburgh to get me a bridie & an Evening news when he was on, folk thought I was mental, but there is nothing like that through here.

Remember my mum finding the top of a pastry brush in hers when I was wee.

They gave her a ?10.00 credit voucher for returning it, I was about 10 or 11 then and am now 33 so it was probably equivelent to about ?50 in todays money, you can imagine I was pretty well fed for the following weeks.

Will check out Bains bridies next time I'm in Dunfy, cheers for the tip.

chester copperpot
I worked in East Kilbride for a while and used to get one of the drivers that did Fife & Edinburgh to get me a bridie & an Evening news when he was on, folk thought I was mental, but there is nothing like that through here.

Remember my mum finding the top of a pastry brush in hers when I was wee.

They gave her a ?10.00 credit voucher for returning it, I was about 10 or 11 then and am now 33 so it was probably equivelent to about ?50 in todays money, you can imagine I was pretty well fed for the following weeks.

Will check out Bains bridies next time I'm in Dunfy, cheers for the tip.

They're at Stenhouse cross mate, nothing to do with Dunfermline.

Archived