The best pie

Doctor FinnBarr

Doctor FinnBarr

Where can I find the best pie? I don,t mean football pies, we all know the so called merits of the Killie pie, I mean out and about pies, pies that you can buy any day of the week. I think I know but maybe someone knows better! The best one that I,ve found is in Lanarkshire,in the Village bakers at Kilncadzow (not Poland) on the A721 between Carnwath and Carluke. Mince pies to die for, the pastry ain,t big enough for the mince and gravy! Take a spoon! And as for the merangues......

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Butchers at Boghall

World (?) Scotch Pie Champions 2005

Steak and Gravy and Chicken Curry pies are amazing!

Baines at Stenhouse Cross for me too, superb!!

If theirs a man that will know about pies it will be this man.

Only man I've known to cry when the pies ran out (STIRLING).

The Old Tolbooth

It's lies!!!! All lies I tell you!!!!!! :whistling:

And I was the bar steward who took the last ones just before he got there!

:D

The Old Tolbooth
And I was the bar steward who took the last ones just before he got there!

:D

Lol, and I'll never be allowed to forget it, the scars had nearly healed too :confused:

jambos are go!

The Butchers in Juniper Green near the Victoria wine or Haddows does a very good pie similar too the excellent Bains version. Slightly spicier. The pork pies are great. Bought a couple when they had no mince pies left and very impressed

now that was a disaster

Carl Fredrickson

Robertsons meat factory at Eskbank - they supply loads of chippies but you can buy them direct. When heating, they advise you to put a little gravy under the "lid" for the last 10 mins.

Truly amazing

Place called Sweeney Todd's in Reading. Little bit special on the pie front, don't know if they deliver or even still exist, maybe worth checking if they do, if it's pies you want. A Pie emporium.

Mrs Lovett's pie shop, just underneath my barber shop, does a lovely meat pie.
Gillies pies, Bendigo VIC.

The Old Tolbooth
Robertsons meat factory at Eskbank - they supply loads of chippies but you can buy them direct. When heating, they advise you to put a little gravy under the "lid" for the last 10 mins.

Truly amazing

Bagger I'm devastated!!!

After reading your post it suddenly dawned on me that I worked out of Hardengreen ind est in Eskbank for 3 whole years and had absolutely no idea there was a mass pie producing factory on the bloody doorstep!!!:cry_smile:

I cant believe my pie sniffing senses didnt pick that up on a windy day :whoops::cry:

Bagger I'm devastated!!!

After reading your post it suddenly dawned on me that I worked out of Hardengreen ind est in Eskbank for 3 whole years and had absolutely no idea there was a mass pie producing factory on the bloody doorstep!!!:cry_smile:

I cant believe my pie sniffing senses didnt pick that up on a windy day :whoops::cry:

I can picture you truly being devastated. lol :P

The White Cockade

aye Paul Boyle's butchers in Boghall

world scotch pie champions

also lovely stew, steak, haggis pies etc etc

Baines at Stenhouse Cross for me too, superb!!

Another vote for Baines. It's not a regular scotch pie though, with the minging grey goo. They have quality mince and gravy in their bad boys. Superb. If they served them at tynie, season ticket sales would go through the roof :dribble:

Carl Fredrickson
Bagger I'm devastated!!!

The best part is....Im friends with the production manager! (our friendship wasnt based on where he works!)

As well as amazing pies, they do steak pies (most of the "home made" ones in chippies are made by them), sausages, black pudding, burgers etc.

Great when you are doing a BBQ as they will put a pack together for you and the meat has NO un-natural additives.

A dozen quality mutton pies for under ?6

The Old Tolbooth
The best part is....Im friends with the production manager! (our friendship wasnt based on where he works!)

As well as amazing pies, they do steak pies (most of the "home made" ones in chippies are made by them), sausages, black pudding, burgers etc.

Great when you are doing a BBQ as they will put a pack together for you and the meat has NO un-natural additives.

A dozen quality mutton pies for under ?6

Mine would be! :)

I agree with this man. :eek:

I'll back this one up, best butchers I know of.

The pies in Winston's in Corstorphine are pretty good too.

Crombies Butchers in Broughton street is the best for steak and mince pies. Voted No 1 UK speciality steak pie in 2007.

Commander Harris
Mrs Lovett's pie shop, just underneath my barber shop, does a lovely meat pie.

I watched Sweeney Todd last night, I think it might have put me off pies for a very long time!

Toxteth O'Grady
There's a delicatassen (sp?) on Gorgie Road which does good pies. Avoid Hearts Refresh at all costs.

Yep they sell Bains Pies in the Deli on the corner (near Sams) but don't tell everyone about it;)

I find it quite funny that every local butcher (not that there's many left) has won some form of award. I bet they just made it all up!

Bains by a country marathon.

There is no competition.

Buffalo Bill

Many moons ago Masons The Bakers in Newhaven were untouchable. However old Mr Mason retired a few years ago and now they are a sad shadow of their former glory.

Craig Gordons Gloves
Forsyths in Peebles! Pies are tremendous.

There are queues every weekend!

i used to get these for lunch when i was at school, and that was coming up on 20 years ago - fantastic pies!

Hamiltons, butcher in Biggar does a magic steak pie - made to order.

Many moons ago Masons The Bakers in Newhaven were untouchable. However old Mr Mason retired a few years ago and now they are a sad shadow of their former glory.

agreed, masons pies were braw.

btw, the pies at pittodrie werent too shabby.

honestly? like actual tears?

That is shocking.

Archived