Robbies right hand man

JudyJudyJudy
49 minutes ago, marcus said:

This almost slipped under the radar... just want to echo this good advice 👍.

👍

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• ri Alban

• Robbies right hand man

• PTBCAL

doctor jambo
On 12/04/2022 at 21:25, Robbies right hand man said:

As I’ve openly discussed with you once - I have a severe eating disorder before. The medication (for my general mental health), they put me on is renowned as making people putting on weight.

I’ll get a little bit hardcore within the 2 months but I want to get my Body back. I start a job on 23 May (how many times have I said that).

It’s hardcore way but it does work and I’ll be done by two stone by 23 May.

I was looking for more diet advice as last time I just stopped eating and making myself sick whenever I did eat. Can I eat normally (lunch and dinner) and still lose this weight? Also do laxatives work for water weight?

If you are on mirtazapine ask for a switch as it’s famous for it

if it’s an atypical antipsychotic such as olanzapine then again ask for a switch - share your concerns with your doc as it’s better to be on meds that suit rather than diet if you have a history of eating disorder .

On 12/04/2022 at 21:31, smiler said:

Ah it doesn’t matter.

Anyway, I admire your openness but I think you should have a chat with your GP.

Patronising much?

On 13/04/2022 at 12:59, Herbert. said:

Have you considered surgery? 

https://thehealthstoreturkey.com/en/treatments/weight-loss-surgery/gastric-sleeve/

It's 3k for the sleeve which is a permanent solution to weight loss. I know 2 people that have had it done and the weight flies off. I'm going for it in August. 

I would imagine that is one of the worst ways to lose weight. 

It is lifestyle changes and consistency that leads to better health and weight loss in general. 3 grand because you can't be arsed shifting a bit of weight seems bizarre to me but maybe I'm tight as **** with money :lol:.

1 hour ago, 151 said:

I would imagine that is one of the worst ways to lose weight. 

It is lifestyle changes and consistency that leads to better health and weight loss in general. 3 grand because you can't be arsed shifting a bit of weight seems bizarre to me but maybe I'm tight as **** with money :lol:.

Some people can't lose weight, some people are fat because they are addicted to food or comfort eat so its not as simple as not being arsed losing weight. It's a life changing operation for 3k a fat person that's got 0 confidence no life etc because they are ashamed can change it all.

17 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

Some people can't lose weight, some people are fat because they are addicted to food or comfort eat so its not as simple as not being arsed losing weight. It's a life changing operation for 3k a fat person that's got 0 confidence no life etc because they are ashamed can change it all.

Yes but what I'm saying is the weight might fly off initially but it isn't irreversible the way a lifestyle change/daily routine of exercise is. 

You will still comfort eat and be addicted to food regardless of how full the gastric band or sleeve is and you can actually rupture it.

Change the addiction - there are 24 hours in a day, if you can't dedicate 3/4 of 1 of them to exercise but spend 3 or 4 of those dedicated to sitting eating food then there is something deeply wrong. 

Food is fuel - nothing more. Fuel the body with what you need to move and nothing more.

I had this conversation a few nights ago with my partners brother who's story is viral and the article to every newspaper it was published in is still readily available. Folk put their car in for a service every 10k miles and get a full check every year but barely anyone looks after their body - its absolutely bizarre.

Edited by 151
Ps. The first sentence of your post is utter nonsense and is probably the first thing that would need to change. Already defeated before you try.

Sorry if its coming across in an aggressive manner btw - I totally get being overweight can seriously hamper your life and also lead to a downward spiral in mental health. And mine is the other way I always feel like I'm skinny despite being a healthy weight and being fit. 

I just don't buy into excuses. The first thing to change has to be the realisation that the reason you are overweight is because the choices you make. So those choices have to change. It's quite simple really - calories out have to be greater than calories in.

28 minutes ago, 151 said:

Sorry if its coming across in an aggressive manner btw - I totally get being overweight can seriously hamper your life and also lead to a downward spiral in mental health. And mine is the other way I always feel like I'm skinny despite being a healthy weight and being fit. 

I just don't buy into excuses. The first thing to change has to be the realisation that the reason you are overweight is because the choices you make. So those choices have to change. It's quite simple really - calories out have to be greater than calories in.

Mental Health can affect how we see ourselves. And equally having mental health issues can lead to seeking solace in food, hiding away from the outside world. 

As a consequence we can become overweight and mental struggles increase even more. It can and is a horrible vicious circle for many 

Just now, PTBCAL said:

Mental Health can affect how we see ourselves. And equally having mental health issues can lead to seeking solace in food, hiding away from the outside world. 

As a consequence we can become overweight and mental struggles increase even more. It can and is a horrible vicious circle for many 

33 minutes ago, 151 said:

And if someone is struggling mentally then every day decisions can be challenging 

48 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

I get it mate, it would be very difficult. 

However, one or two sessions into a training regime can change your mindset completely and exercise has been proven to release endorphines. I know it must be hard to get out for the first time and also the long term must be daunting, but like people have said above its just little by little a couple of pounds a week and once the differences can be seen I gaurantee the addiction will fast change from food to training.

54 minutes ago, 151 said:

I get it mate, it would be very difficult. 

However, one or two sessions into a training regime can change your mindset completely and exercise has been proven to release endorphines. I know it must be hard to get out for the first time and also the long term must be daunting, but like people have said above its just little by little a couple of pounds a week and once the differences can be seen I gaurantee the addiction will fast change from food to training.

Im not disagreeing at all. 👍

Exercise has got me to a real happy place and continues to keep me there.

That and tattoos 😀. Had 6 in last 11 months 🤦‍♂️

6 hours ago, smiler said:

The boy clearly needs some professional help, do you disagree with that? 

Not at all, I just think that was apparent and didn’t need pointing out

2 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

Not at all, I just think that was apparent and didn’t need pointing out

The way the thread was going at that point it absolutely needed pointed out.

8 hours ago, smiler said:

Fair enough mate

AlphonseCapone
16 hours ago, smiler said:

Your mars bar post is still utterly baffling and unhelpful tbf. You're not wrong about professional help being required here though. 

9 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Your mars bar post is still utterly baffling and unhelpful tbf. You're not wrong about professional help being required here though. 

I can see why someone might object to the confectionery reference, but in my defence I honestly thought the guy was drunk, or needing a sugar boost. I was the first responder I think and having read his subsequent posts I likely wouldn’t have made it again.

I can’t believe the thread was allowed to go on though, loads of folk chucking in bits of advice which may have helped, but also could have had disastrous consequences to a guy who really does need help, but in this case, not from JKB imo.

1 hour ago, smiler said:

I can see why someone might object to the confectionery reference, but in my defence I honestly thought the guy was drunk, or needing a sugar boost. I was the first responder I think and having read his subsequent posts I likely wouldn’t have made it again.

I can’t believe the thread was allowed to go on though, loads of folk chucking in bits of advice which may have helped, but also could have had disastrous consequences to a guy who really does need help, but in this case, not from JKB imo.

You can only take things at face value. I wish the lad well.

AlphonseCapone
2 hours ago, smiler said:

Fair enough. I do hope they've decided to speak to a professional.