Robbies right hand man

Robbies right hand man

Hi there,

does any fitness fanatic know whether I was to 10 miles a day (currently on a break from work until 21 May), plus a few press-ups etc, how long it would take my down by 2 stone.

I have had serious eating order disorder before  (that got

me sectioned) but that’s not this - due to medication I’ve put on weight (far from fat but need to lose 2 stone to just be below my perfect wait.)

Also, any advice on meals? Eating a small amount just now but regularly and overreacting really, probably 

eating too much during the day (mainly due to the meds)

Any advice please? I’ll do my walks from 5am - 8am at a reasonable pace but stop for a break half way done.

Edited by Robbies right hand man

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• ri Alban

• Robbies right hand man

• PTBCAL

Auld Reekin'

Cycling's also good for weight-loss: better than walking, in my opinion. I've always walked quite a lot but didn't find it helpful for actually losing weight, whereas cycling definitely was for me.

Robbies right hand man
7 minutes ago, smiler said:

I think your blood sugar levels might be low, eat a mars bar.

? an attempt at a joke. I’ve done that 10mile walk a day, whilst eating next to nothing and taking loads of laxatives. Making myself

vomit about 10 times a day. Got

down to about 6.5 stone and sectioned in the REDU place in Livingston. Not really that funny eh? 

poor taste if I was an attempt really. 

Robbies right hand man
1 minute ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Cycling's also good for weight-loss: better than walking, in my opinion. I've always walked quite a lot but didn't find it helpful for actually losing weight, whereas cycling definitely was for me.

Thanks mate, walking is best for burning calories I think but I may invest in a bike. There’s a shop near but very expensive.

JudyJudyJudy

You need to be careful losing weight . It needs to be in a controlled way . 2 stone by May 21st seems rather drastic really . I think I read losing 2lbs per week is the best way . Walking is good but you won’t really lose weight that way . You need to do exercise which makes you literally sweat and tire you out . 

food ? Cut  out of the usual suspects , snacks , potato’s , pasta , bread , I’m on the Intermittent fasting diet and it does work but my weight is up and with it . However I’m not far off my ideal weight for my height and build 

Edited by JamesM48

Auld Reekin'
3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

You need to be careful losing weight . It needs to be in a controlled way . 2 stone by May 21st seems rather drastic really . I think I read losing 2lbs per week is the best way . Walking is good but you won’t really lose weight that way . You need to do exercise which makes you literally sweat and tire you out . 

food ? Cut  out of the usual suspects , snacks , potato’s , pasta , bread , I’m on the Intermittent fasting diet and it does work but my weight is up and with it . However I’m not far off my ideal weight for my height and build 

Yep.

13 minutes ago, Robbies right hand man said:

? an attempt at a joke. I’ve done that 10mile walk a day, whilst eating next to nothing and taking loads of laxatives. Making myself

down to about 6.5 stone and sectioned in the REDU place in Livingston. Not really that funny eh? 

Calm yer beans chief, I was being deadly serious.

Robbies right hand man
15 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

As I’ve openly discussed with you once - I have a severe eating disorder before. The medication (for my general mental health), they put me on is renowned as making people putting on weight.

I’ll get a little bit hardcore within the 2 months but I want to get my Body back. I start a job on 23 May (how many times have I said that).

It’s hardcore way but it does work and I’ll be done by two stone by 23 May.

I was looking for more diet advice as last time I just stopped eating and making myself sick whenever I did eat. Can I eat normally (lunch and dinner) and still lose this weight? Also do laxatives work for water weight?

Robbies right hand man
9 minutes ago, smiler said:

Calm yer beans chief, I was being deadly serious.

explain what you mean “chief”

Just now, Robbies right hand man said:

explain what you mean “chief”

Ah it doesn’t matter.

Anyway, I admire your openness but I think you should have a chat with your GP.

If you want to lose a certain amount of weight, ask away.

If you want your perfect body weight by May 21st, you need to talk to a doctor.

Everything in moderation but its easy to cut out the extras like biscuits, crisps,beer. Stopping the snacking saves cash too.  Intermittent fasting is a way to go and is meant to have mental health benefits aswell. Stay active even at home, blitz the hoose and garden if you have one, get yer hole. All will help burn calories and help your head. 

Personally I think given your history with eating disorders and health issues the last thing anyone ought to be doing is suggesting ways to lose weight fast or encouraging changes in diet habits like fasting. 2 stone is a lot of weight to lose and the timescale is unrealistic. Major red flags that surely you must see yourself. Would also be interested to know where the 2 stone figure comes from and what makes you feel 2 stone lighter is 'ideal weight'?

3 minutes ago, RS86 said:

Personally I think given your history with eating disorders and health issues the last thing anyone ought to be doing is suggesting ways to lose weight fast or encouraging changes in diet habits like fasting. 2 stone is a lot of weight to lose and the timescale is unrealistic. Major red flags that surely you must see yourself. Would also be interested to know where the 2 stone figure comes from and what makes you feel 2 stone lighter is 'ideal weight'?

Yes I think I agree with you regarding setting a target especially if he has mental health issues,if said target is not met then this might mean more harm than good is done. Benzema is doing alright for someone fasting.

The "couch to 5k" programme is quite good.

It's more jogging than walking, but the theory of slowly building up distances and changing diet is a good one.

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/exercise/running-and-aerobic-exercises/get-running-with-couch-to-5k/

May 21st would only put you at week 6, but that'll have to do.

Dropping 2 stone that fast will do more harm than good, unless you're like 30 stone to start off with.

Take up golf if you can get to a course nearby, even a 9 holer council course like Portobello. Can burn over 1000 calories in an 18 hole round (more if you carry your clubs). You'll get your walk and you'll be doing something physical. Golf is a sport open to all ages, sizes and abilities.

You won't lose 2 stone in a month playing it but it'll be a way to get regular exercise. I find it hard to motivate myself to exercise unless it is a sport/game.

Best speaking to a health professional about diet for your circumstances though.

InternationalJambo

2 stone seems a lot for the date you suggested. Have you considered joining a gym, doing a minimum of 3 days per week cardio and weight training, whilst altering your diet? The trick to weight loss is a calorie deficit and exercise, but what you’re looking for isn’t sustainable or healthy. 

For meals, it is boring, but - high protein, a decent amount of “good” carbs & fibre is what you want. Try get creative, marinate ur chicken in yoghurt instead of Mayo. Brown rice instead of white. Intermittent fasting. Cut out carbs & snacks completely. Crackers instead of crisps. Nuts instead of biscuits. One cheat day a week. Drink maximum of twice per week. Everything is there for you to make the change, you just need to be willing to get into a calorie deficit and stick with exercising regularly.  

Edited by InternationalJambo

I lost 2 stone in about 7 weeks 

Yoghurt and fruit in the morning 

crackers snd cheese at lunchtime and porridge or weetabix for dinner - snacked on raisins and fruit. 

Pathetic I know. 

However basically stopped eating meat apart from chicken once a week, no bread, no proper meals, no alcohol 

Diet was appalling. 

Exercised daily - running, football, gym and walking around 120,000 steps a month 

That was about Nov 19 and I’ve lost probably close to another stone since then. I was 84 kilos in Oct 19 and I am now 68kilos. Feel fitter now than in 25 years… 

But downside I have a difficult relationship with food. I don’t eat out, meals, takeaways etc so it’s not all good 

Footballfirst

For most people walking or running a mile roughly equates to burning 100 calories. The calorie burn is the same, although the aerobic benefit of running in better.

A pound in weight is equivalent to around burning 3,500 calories.

So if your weight is stable, new exercise of walking or running 10 miles a day, without adjusting your diet, should allow you to lose 2 pounds a week.

2 hours ago, Robbies right hand man said:

Hi there,

does any fitness fanatic know whether I was to 10 miles a day (currently on a break from work until 21 May), plus a few press-ups etc, how long it would take my down by 2 stone.

me sectioned) but that’s not this - due to medication I’ve put on weight (far from fat but need to lose 2 stone to just be below my perfect wait.)

Also, any advice on meals? Eating a small amount just now but regularly and overreacting really, probably 

Any advice please? I’ll do my walks from 5am - 8am at a reasonable pace but stop for a break half way done.

There is some helpful dietary advice on NHS websites that help you plan nutritious meals. It might be worth considering a Mediterranean diet. 

Do you think you might be anxious about starting this new job and it's affecting your mental health? You state before that losing weight quickly led you to being sectioned before and the warning signs of this being repeated should be heeded. 

I wouldn't put so much pressure on yourself. You can also pick up a bike second hand. 

Howdy Doody Jambo

Have a pint of water by your bed to drink during the night if you wake up, also if you have lots of time off wear a tracksuit every day so that you will be constantly dressed & ready for exercise, a little bit is better than nothing there will be good and bad days, listen to your body, always use the stairs, walk home from the shops carrying your messages, once you get a bit fitter you will get even fitter easier and quicker thereafter, listen to music exercising often a good way to inspire yourself, self motivation videos may help and give yourself a reward every now and then find ways to enjoy fitness, do different routines keeping it fresh 

Keep hydrated, eat regular meals throughout the day 

Edited by The Maroon Pound

Its impossible to do that and maintain the loss. You could easily do it if take fat burners and live on under 1000 calories. That's never a long term solution, best thing to do is join the gym and get on the weights. I start every session with either 15mins walking at 5mph at the steepest incline then go onto weights. Also get repho scales they're 20 on amazon and read your body fat etc which is what you should work on and don't worry about the number on the scale.

4 hours ago, Robbies right hand man said:

Hi there,

3 hours ago, Ulysses said:

If you want to lose a certain amount of weight, ask away.

If you want your perfect body weight by May 21st, you need to talk to a doctor.

In case that seemed blunt, I forget sometimes that I live in a place where there's a lot of privatised medicine, which means it's rarely joined up, whereas most JKB readers get their medical treatment from the NHS.  Normally in Ireland, a person in the situation you describe would have to request their doc to give them a referral to a clinical dietician (they might get one automatically, but it would be the luck of the draw).  They might also ask for or get a referral to someone who could advise on any mental or psychological health issues that might be related - though some clinical dieticians would be able to handle those.  I don't know if the health system over there would handle this kind of situation any better or worse, but where I am the client or patient has to do a lot of the work to join the dots.

If you're looking to lose some weight over some time, ask away here, and a combination of the advice should work for you - but because it's different strokes for different folks it would be up to you to work out the best mix.

If you want to lose a specific amount of weight (any amount) over a specific period of time (any period) in a situation where your weight gain arose from medicines you have taken, then the best option for you (IMO) is to ask whichever doctor treated you to refer you to a clinical dietician (or he/she might have different advice for you). 

See also the advice below:

2 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

There is some helpful dietary advice on NHS websites that help you plan nutritious meals. It might be worth considering a Mediterranean diet. 

Do you think you might be anxious about starting this new job and it's affecting your mental health? You state before that losing weight quickly led you to being sectioned before and the warning signs of this being repeated should be heeded. 

I wouldn't put so much pressure on yourself. You can also pick up a bike second hand. 

You might not be able to get a referral, or there might be a waiting time, and if that's the case the NHS advice might be very valuable to you.

It's also worth thinking about the question DL asked about whether you might be feeling pressure related to the new job.

Watt-Zeefuik
4 hours ago, Robbies right hand man said:

Hi there,

I wish you the best of luck in working on your body in a way that will make you feel better, but two stone down in that much time is simply dangerous. When I saw the thread title, I was afraid someone had dropped that much, and it would likely mean that they had some kind of serious illness.

1 pound/week is an aggressive target that is difficult but possible to sustain. Anything beyond that (and often even at that level), you will trigger starvation triggers in your body which will almost guarantee that you gain the weight back at some point, no matter what you do.

I realize this isn't what you want to hear, but the best thing is probably to not focus on either weight or even calories. Your early morning walking is an outstanding idea—if you want to push yourself a little more, start carrying a pack with some weight in it. A small backpack with a few books and a bottle of water can weigh 10-12 pounds and is a great start. If you enjoy the walks and want to keep increasing intensity over time, you can just add weight to the pack.

With diet, the best strategy I've ever managed is to simply focus on getting as many vegetables every day as I could, and limiting sugar. My vice has always been sweet things, and so when I put on weight it's almost always from excessive sugar. I still have some sweet things, but I try to pick my spots. 30g of added sugar is one metric that you can aim for—it requires a lot of label reading, and even "natural" sugars (like what's in fruit) can still put on weight, but it's illuminating to watch it. For others, fried things like crisps and such are their problem, so that's what they have to watch.

To keep from getting hungry, you can go wild on "good" fats, like olive oil but also sunflower, safflower, canola, grapeseed and other light oils, as well as fish. It's a bit out of the Scottish diet vernacular, which is often heavy on butter and red meat fats, but wheat bread with olive oil and salt can be very satisfying and won't drive up bad numbers like triglycerides and LDL cholesterol.

Speaking of red meat, 1-2 red meats per week and going vegetarian about every other day has also worked very well for me. It takes some getting used to but to me it's far better than cranking down portion sizes to levels that just seem sad or giving up meats altogether. I can still have a nice big tasty burger once a week and focus on vegetables other days of the week.

The most successful weight loss I've had took over a year, but doing it this way, it never felt like I was putting myself through the wringer, and it was much easier to stay with at the end. I've put a bunch of weight on during the pandemic because my usual routines were impossible, but I'm now down 7-8 lbs from my peak and working on my fitness (interrupted by a bout of omicron and trying to go easy after it to avoid long COVID).

Best of luck, and again, sorry this isn't what you wanted to hear.

I don't know where you live in town but find out your nearest access to the Union Canal cycle path, buy quality headphones/buds, walking shoes or boots, fork out for a Camelbak, get a Spotify subscription and walk, walk, walk or cycle, cycle, cycle. If body shape is important then weight training is the way to go. AthleanX or Ryan Hurmiston are my YouTube faves. But no matter what you choose, what you eat is crucial. Be honest with what you eat (and far more importantly drink), limit takeaway to once or twice a month. Sign up for Strava or other group stuff to keep you on track and DON'T beat yourself up when you haven't lost weight each week! It genuinely is a marathon and not a sprint. Consistency is the key. Keep JKB updated and we'll keep you motivated.

Best of luck bud!

FTH!:omfg:

Edited by EH11_2NL

2 stone quickly becomes 4 stone and so on. The best way to lose it would be weight training (Properly, not just going through the motions) and a change of diet to suit and some cardio . I changed from 21st to 16 muscle(perfect weight)quickly. 

But I did diet once for my mates wedding and lost 9 stone in 17 weeks by eating 2 boiled eggs a midday everyday. That's what I mean by 2 stone becomes 4 stone and son. I get obsessed when I start things properly, and that's why I'm gutted I can't train the way a can, whether, boxing, Thai boxing or weight training. Injuries suck.

Anyway, good luck. Chicken and broccoli and tons of water will take it off with a bit of cardio.

Plus buy a skipping rope and hit it hard for 5, 3 minutes sets every day. You'll soon learn , so keep at it.

Robbies right hand man
7 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

maybe, thing’s still aren’t perfect in terms of mental health and sleeping etc. The time before I got myself to under 7 stone and I’m 5”11 so it got quite serious. I was sectioned at the residential eating disorder union in Livingston. Not a fun experience- not be able to use a bath or shower without a nurse literally watching you (mostly female too). Horrible experience. 

I have put on weight however (though not fat by by many means). It’s the medication they’ve put me on for years, one being Quitapine which is renowned on people putting on weight.

My intention is just to lose the two stone - I’ve got a little fat round my belly and l’ve always been a good weight, playing football at a decent level and being always quite fit. I just want to her back to that. I’m 33 so feel it’s important. It’s a good control mechanism too.

I’ve this morning did 10.6km walk and did just under 14,400 steps.

I will do the rest at about 7.30pm tonight. Need to do another 5.4km and will get up to 20,000 steps.

Same again tomorrow.

7 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

I lost 2 stone in about 7 weeks 

Yoghurt and fruit in the morning 

crackers snd cheese at lunchtime and porridge or weetabix for dinner - snacked on raisins and fruit. 

Pathetic I know. 

However basically stopped eating meat apart from chicken once a week, no bread, no proper meals, no alcohol 

Diet was appalling. 

Exercised daily - running, football, gym and walking around 120,000 steps a month 

That was about Nov 19 and I’ve lost probably close to another stone since then. I was 84 kilos in Oct 19 and I am now 68kilos. Feel fitter now than in 25 years… 

But downside I have a difficult relationship with food. I don’t eat out, meals, takeaways etc so it’s not all good 

120000 steps a week I mean 

Calmed down to 10000 a day now 

Mr Brightside
9 hours ago, Robbies right hand man said:

As I’ve openly discussed with you once - I have a severe eating disorder before. The medication (for my general mental health), they put me on is renowned as making people putting on weight.

I’ll get a little bit hardcore within the 2 months but I want to get my Body back. I start a job on 23 May (how many times have I said that).

It’s hardcore way but it does work and I’ll be done by two stone by 23 May.

I was looking for more diet advice as last time I just stopped eating and making myself sick whenever I did eat. Can I eat normally (lunch and dinner) and still lose this weight? Also do laxatives work for water weight?

You have to eat even if you want to lose weight as otherwise your body will think it’s starving and hold on too fat.

Try and work out your current calorie intake and then establish a sensible calorie deficit.

For example if you currently take in 2,000 calories then aim for 1,500 intake then with your walking on top you might be in a deficit of 1,000-1,500 per day. You will lose weight this way.

Eat regularly but avoid as much processed food as possible.

9 hours ago, smiler said:

Ah it doesn’t matter.

Anyway, I admire your openness but I think you should have a chat with your GP.

Exactly, anyone needing psychiatric help, this is the last place to go to

10 hours ago, Robbies right hand man said:

I'd really echo what James has said. I've lost weight before at a rate of noughts but given your post above I wouldn't recommend it personally.

I'd suggest 5 miles a day and a 250 calorie deficit for the two months. You might miss your target but you'll probably be able to keep that up.

10 miles a day and a crazy deficit will either see you give up before your goal, put the weight back on when you stop, or worse risk you becoming a bit obsessive about it. The obsessive chase of a goal can be good, but it can't also be risky.

Either way, good luck. Don't beat yourself up over it though, any movement in the right direction is a win, more so if it's safely.

Салатные палочки

You could always ask your GP if there is an alternative to the medication you're on currently as you're concerned that you're putting on weight with it. I did this after my weight went up on the anti-depressants I was on years ago and he changed it and the weight wasn't an issue any longer. 

Салатные палочки
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

2 stone quickly becomes 4 stone and so on. The best way to lose it would be weight training (Properly, not just going through the motions) and a change of diet to suit and some cardio . I changed from 21st to 16 muscle(perfect weight)quickly. 

But I did diet once for my mates wedding and lost 9 stone in 17 weeks by eating 2 boiled eggs a midday everyday. That's what I mean by 2 stone becomes 4 stone and son. I get obsessed when I start things properly, and that's why I'm gutted I can't train the way a can, whether, boxing, Thai boxing or weight training. Injuries suck.

Anyway, good luck. Chicken and broccoli and tons of water will take it off with a bit of cardio.

You must have been shitting breeze blocks. 

I shed a couple of stone during lockdown. Not in the same timescale as yourself however I didn’t feel the need to set a tough target time wise. I simply decided I was to heavy by 2 stone and I would lose it. So I did.

I cut out bread before 12 o’clock so no morning toast or bacon/sausage rolls. Allowed myself garlic bread with an evening meal.

Cut down takeaways from 2 or 3 a week to 1 every 2 or 3 weeks. 

Cut lager down dramatically.

Increased exercise. 

My advice given your medical history would be to take it steady and not put yourself under any undue pressure. There really isn’t any need for it. You may only inadvertently fail your difficult target and react badly.

Robbies right hand man
1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

You could always ask your GP if there is an alternative to the medication you're on currently as you're concerned that you're putting on weight with it. I did this after my weight went up on the anti-depressants I was on years ago and he changed it and the weight wasn't an issue any longer. 

I’m taking Quitapine, sertaline, proponol twice a day (sleeping pills at one point but become addicted) and thiamine.

I’ve been on a range of other medications with the same outcomes

Ive decided today to give it a try and stop taking them. GP’s are a rarity these days and I’ve got my new job in the near future.

I know it’s a risk but I have put on weight and like to get it off quickly. It’s a good thing to

concentrate on as long as I can resist becoming obsessed.

JudyJudyJudy
13 minutes ago, Robbies right hand man said:

In was Quitapine, sertaline, proponol twice a day (sleeping pills at one point but become addicted) and thiamine.

Ive decided today to give it a try and stop taking them. GP’s are a rarity these days and I’ve got my new job in the merger. I know it’s a risk but I have put on weight and like to get it off quickly. 

Please do not stop taking your meds without discussing it first with a GP.  You are taking them for a reason. 

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, Robbies right hand man said:

maybe, thing’s still aren’t perfect in terms of mental health and sleeping etc. The time before I got myself to under 7 stone and I’m 5”11 so it got quite serious. I was sectioned at the residential eating disorder union in Livingston. Not a fun experience- not be able to use a bath or shower without a nurse literally watching you (mostly female too). Horrible experience. 

I have put on weight however (though not fat by by many means). It’s the medication they’ve put me on for years, one being Quitapine which is renowned on people putting on weight.

My intention is just to lose the two stone - I’ve got a little fat round my belly and l’ve always been a good weight, playing football at a decent level and being always quite fit. I just want to her back to that. I’m 33 so feel it’s important. It’s a good control mechanism too.

I’ve this morning did 10.6km walk and did just under 14,400 steps.

I will do the rest at about 7.30pm tonight. Need to do another 5.4km and will get up to 20,000 steps.

Same again tomorrow.

You'll always get varied advice from a groupd like JKB with wide experiences. There's good stuff on here so far but some of it might not be appropriate or feasible for you.

Main takeaways I'd go with are:

1. Set a realistic periodic target

Most here have got stories of weight loss but most seem to agree that 2 stone (13kg) in six weeks is a massive ask.

Having an unrealistic target at the outset dooms youto failure and the negative feelings that go with that when you don't make the target and, almost inevitably, to comfort eating/drinking.

What are your current stats and how much have you lost per week since starting the regime of 10k walks and 20,000 steps?

My own 'record' is that I topped the scales at 130kg. I'm 190cm so could 'carry it' a bit but still...

I cut out bread, beer, coffee and fatty food; snacked on apples and tomatoes but I didn't up my exercise by much at all. I don't do exercise for exercise's sake; I'll cycle to the office occasionally but don't go out on social cycle rides. In the first month, I lost 6-7kg and then it dropped off at 3-4kg per month until I got down to 102kg. Pandemic came: lockdown with family; family meals; no walking about or incidental exercise and it's crept back up to 120kg.

I'm starting back over but with a target of 2-3kg per month.

2. Have a realistic end-point in terms of date and weight.

Risk is that you get to a good point and then try to keep going.

I've a mate who started at 145kg. He's not a tall lad so was very round. He got below 90kg (harsh diet and crazy exercise) and looked really good but couldn't stop. Got himself down to 75kg at one point; had the operation to remove all his surplus skin but couldn't keep it up. I didn't see him throughout the pandemic but we met up after about 18 months had he's piled on a lot of the original weight. Not quite back to 145kg but well over 100.

3. Gallons of water.

Maybe not gallons but ensuring you remain fully hydrated is not only good for your organs, it helps suppress your appetite (and, at my age, gives extra exercise with all the walks to and from the toilet!)

Diet is a relatively easy thing to manage - I'd read back through InternationalJambo's and Led Tasso's guidance.

If I get to feeling hungry, I try to convince myself that it's a good thing and that I can go at least another hour before eating. Worst bit for me is having my family around and having family meals together. It reduces flexibility.

I P Knightley
15 minutes ago, Robbies right hand man said:

I’m taking Quitapine, sertaline, proponol twice a day (sleeping pills at one point but become addicted) and thiamine.

I’ve been on a range of other medications with the same outcomes

Ive decided today to give it a try and stop taking them. GP’s are a rarity these days and I’ve got my new job in the near future.

I know it’s a risk but I have put on weight and like to get it off quickly. It’s a good thing to

concentrate on as long as I can resist becoming obsessed.

Are you going to be travelling to and from your new work? Unless it's something like Hermes delivery, you really should look to get yourself on a bike for the commute. Incidental exercise that you really can't dodge plus it saves you money on transport.

Mrs brother lost 13 stone in a year through progressive fitness regimes, and eating a plant based diet. 

I'm not into the plant based stuff but just highlighting the fact that it certainly can be done but it took very very high levels of discipline and routine. He does stuff in the house for 50mins a day - insanity workout, beachbody, all that sort of stuff.

In fact the story actually went viral and alot of you may have seen it. "The vegan bus driver."

JudyJudyJudy
5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Lost 9 stone??????????? 

Mac_fae_Gillie

I turned 50, 4 years ago took 3months off work as a gift to myself April/May/June in 1st 6 weeks I lost 2 stone, walking 25000-30000 (got a FITBIT) the more I lost the easier it was to up the steps as losing weight was a real nice feeling.. Had boring meals...Tesco Diet meals or Weight Watcher meals and a few other calorie counted stuff, health yogurts, fruit and ham sarnnies, max intake was 2000cal a day 3000 on SAT.. by end of week 10 I lost just under 3 stone, went away on Holiday prior to return to work felling great fitting medium T-shirts.. Chucked out all my larger clothes to force myself to maintain weight have put on a little but no more than a stone over each winter which I try to lose again before Easter.

2 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

You must have been shitting breeze blocks. 

Wasn't shitting at all. :laugh:

29 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Lost 9 stone??????????? 

Yip. 21 done to 11st 12. I few folk asked my Mrs if I had cancer. It was that quick.

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Yip. 21 done to 11st 12. I few folk asked my Mrs if I had cancer. It was that quick.

It does seem rather drastic in a certain time frame. But I bet you feel much better losing it.  ?  Im still trying to shift some weight. Im only a stone over my weight for my height and body frame so not massive but its good to try and be at an optimal weight for your height and body frame for various reasons * diabetes 2 or  1 in particular . I lost half a stone a few months back but then ive put it back on .