Peter Haring signs new contract (merged threads)

Diadora Van Basten

tynietigers
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

He is looking for a three year deal.  That’s what’s causing the problem.  Been offered a one year deal with club having option of further year. 

I take it you weren’t in the Gorgie today when asked the question 🤔

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• wavydavy

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Unknown user

54 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Needs to be signed - two years plus an option on a third seems entirely fair

I'd like to think we could reach a compromise.  It's a negotiation after all, and you should always go into a negotiation situation with something you are prepared to give on.  We offer him one year on the basis we'd be prepared to go to 2 years.  His agent asks for 3 years, on the basis he'd be prepared to accept 2 years if the conditions are acceptable.  

10 minutes ago, tynietigers said:

Please elaborate, I wasn't in the Gorgie either so am genuinely intrigued to know what you are alluding to 👍

Batistuta87
3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

He is looking for a three year deal.  That’s what’s causing the problem.  Been offered a one year deal with club having option of further year. 

If that's the case we should be handing it to him on a maroon velvet cushion. We should be delighted that a player like him wants to sign for 3 years. He's class. 

Is he going to make us a big transfer fee? No. Does he add value to the team? Absolutely. 

Edited by Batistuta87

If Peter Haring wants a three year contract then give it to him. No matter how high our standards rise, Big Pete will never let us down

It would be bad news to lose Pete

Great game again today Hes definitely good enough and the right age for a 3 year deal A like for like replacement would cost a fortune

tynietigers
18 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Please elaborate, I wasn't in the Gorgie either so am genuinely intrigued to know what you are alluding to 👍

Nothing to do with length off contract but family 👍🏻

3 minutes ago, tynietigers said:

Cheers, I remember there was talk of him maybe wanting to go back home for family reasons, and I did see some comments from him a while back where he said something along the lines that Hearts did not need to sell themselves to him, he knew exactly what he had at Hearts, which sort of implied to me that money wasn't going to be a deciding factor.

If that is the case, then hopefully the prospect of European football next season might persuade him to at least sign on for one more year.

InternationalJambo
3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

The wage structure of the deals we have offered is causing more problems than the length of contract, it’s been the same for months. 

To clarify, the contract length is also a stumbling block. 

Edited by InternationalJambo

7 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Always down to the  💰 

Not always, when Naismith joined it wasent about the money

soonbe110
10 hours ago, tynietigers said:

🤔🤔

soonbe110
9 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

If that's the case we should be handing it to him on a maroon velvet cushion. We should be delighted that a player like him wants to sign for 3 years. He's class. 

Is he going to make us a big transfer fee? No. Does he add value to the team? Absolutely. 

I think they believe they can sign better players over next year or two.  

soonbe110
9 hours ago, tynietigers said:

Indeed that’s a factor.  One year isn’t any use to him or his family.  Three years and they can make sensible plans for all family members. 

gowestjambo
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

I think they believe they can sign better players over next year or two.  

I sincerely hope this is the thought process. I do not get the clamour for Haring to sign for a further 2/3 years. Yes he was better than most yesterday, but we are not going to improve unless we get better than Haring. I understand he does not want a one year contract as a squad player, but in reality that is what he is worth imo.

i wish jj was my dad
3 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

I sincerely hope this is the thought process. I do not get the clamour for Haring to sign for a further 2/3 years. Yes he was better than most yesterday, but we are not going to improve unless we get better than Haring. I understand he does not want a one year contract as a squad player, but in reality that is what he is worth imo.

Nah. 2 year deal minimum. Beni is out long term and I can't see us upgrading meantime so we need to keep big Peter. He would rightly be miffed at a one year deal while at the peak of his career. 

I love big Pete and think he’s a class player but to hand him a 3 year deal is just stupid considering he isn’t first choice when we have a fully fit midfield.

soonbe110
9 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

100% agree. There will be much better available come summer especially with euro football as a carrot. 

PhoenixHearts
4 hours ago, Chaps said:

I love big Pete and think he’s a class player but to hand him a 3 year deal is just stupid considering he isn’t first choice when we have a fully fit midfield.

He should be first choice on this form. Behind Gordon and Kingsley I can't think of a more consistent performer this season.

What isn't my opinion is we play better when he's in the team.

Be it Haring and Beni, Haring and Devlin, Haring and Smith and most recently Haring and Halliday.

Despite not being first choice he's been an ever present in our team when we've played our best stuff, in one of our best seasons for years.

Coincidence?

Only Gordon and Kingsley have played more than him and people would rightly agree they've been our top two players.

I love Beni and Cammy but it's McKay, Halkett and Haring who round out my top 5 this season.

PhoenixHearts
4 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

100% agree. There will be much better available come summer especially with euro football as a carrot. 

If we're signing better players than Haring then it stands to reason that Devlin would be losing his spot in the first XI too.

5 hours ago, Chaps said:

He should be first choice. 

We need the experience of this big guy , we have a much younger squad , other teams in this league have older heads ,we know Pete , and know what he can do . 2year plus 1 deal .

Rocky jamboa

I presume Robbie sees beni and cammy as his first choice DM's, hence the delay over tying big Pete down. However, as we're seeing now, they won't play every game. 

Haring is a Rolls Royce of a player. So composed on the ball. With us needing a bigger squad next season, and hopefully in the future, plus with him able to cover at the back also, it's a no brainer for me to give him what he wants. 

On 01/05/2022 at 18:26, Rocky jamboa said:

I presume Robbie sees beni and cammy as his first choice DM's, hence the delay over tying big Pete down. However, as we're seeing now, they won't play every game. 

Haring is a Rolls Royce of a player. So composed on the ball. With us needing a bigger squad next season, and hopefully in the future, plus with him able to cover at the back also, it's a no brainer for me to give him what he wants. 

Probably not wrong, Beni certainly didn't come here to sit on the bench. I do think that Haring brings a calmness to our play, he gets the ball it goes to a Hearts player after - He doesn't seem to lose the ball and almost always finds his man - I can't actually remember him giving the ball away. I know he had that rocky match after he came back from injury but he'd been out a year, thats to be expected :D He's back to being 8/10 every week. 

Our European schedule will see us playing 8 games before the world Cup break on 21 November. We absolutely need strength in depth and ability to deal with injuries etc I'd sign him up. 

Give him what he wants he is fit and playing now, We know what we get with Pete and if Injury happens again well it’s just one of these things what happens. If we don’t sign him up and we look to replace him in the summer, Are we not taking a risk in signing someone new paying out the same if not more than Peter would get? 

TexasAndy

Haring has been very good these last few weeks.  Not as silky as Beni or as dynamic as Devlin but along with Halliday he has filled a huge gap in the team.    I hope Haring stays but we can't guarantee him a regular place.

• 2 weeks later...
The White Cockade

Looks like it 

Shame because he’s one of our best players and has a brilliant attitude week in week out

indianajones

Type of player we should be keeping. 

Im not sure he will get better than us either to be honest. Reports of home sickness or wanting to be closer to family back home? 

Like big Pete! 

gashauskis9
10 minutes ago, Cynic said:

Haring's embrace with McCulloch suggests he's maybe away at the end of the season. 

No really.  McCulloch was embracing everyone.  

If he comes over to the supporters next week with a T-shirt that says “see you later” then fair enough. 

been here before
2 minutes ago, Cynic said:

Where exactly? 

You're probably better directing thst toward Joe Savage et al.

William H. Bonney

He’s someone I’d like to keep but he’s not someone I’d miss, if that makes sense. 

Jambo 4 Ever
11 minutes ago, been here before said:

He's alright but Im sure we could get better.

Ummm where?

19 minutes ago, Cynic said:

Haring's embrace with McCulloch suggests he's maybe away at the end of the season. 

Souttar's big smile at the end says he's signed a new contract with Hearts. 

Jamstomorrow
21 minutes ago, Cynic said:

I wondered that too.  Maybe he was just wishing McCulloch a happy birthday.   

• davemclaren changed the title to Peter Haring signs new contract (merged threads)