Peter Haring signs new contract (merged threads)

Diadora Van Basten

Diadora Van Basten

Thought he deserved his own thread after Saturday’s performance. 

Won the ball twice for first goal.

Assist for second was perfect. 

Probably one of a number of players who had great games and deserves to get credit for it.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• wavydavy

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Unknown user

Jambos_1874

Absolutely class player. Never complains when not in the team (as far as I am aware) and always does the business when in the starting XI. Hope he starts on Saturday and perhaps even gets a goal. Wish he'd revert back to his former haircut though as I keep getting confused as to who he is now!

Edited by Jambos_1874

Thought he was off the pace the fist 25 minutes, really struggled to get into the game. However after that he was everywhere and played really well, similar to the whole team really. Hopefully we start a lot better on Saturday. I feel if we get on top of them early on Saturday we will tuck them away. 

Had a pants first 25 minutes like the rest but had a hand in the first goal and provided a brilliant cross for the second! 

john thomas
7 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Thought he was off the pace the fist 25 minutes, really struggled to get into the game. However after that he was everywhere and played really well, similar to the whole team really. Hopefully we start a lot better on Saturday. I feel if we get on top of them early on Saturday we will tuck them away. 

So was the whole team in the first 25 .

The whole team picked it up and dominated the end of the first half . Then cruised the second

Agreed pretty anonymous initially and the game passed him by for the first 20 but came onto a game later.

Hope we can keep him for at least one more year for squad depth and rotation.

Noticed that he really seemed chuffed for Halliday with big prolonged hugs after the 3rd goal. 

wentworth jambo

His tackle in the middle that got the ball out to Cochrane for the first goal was a belter - no-one else was winning that 50-50...love that type of commitment - wasn't dirty just solid and hard

33 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Crucial we’re at it right from the start, give them no encouragement and I think they’ll fold big time. 

What's with the rubbish 1st 25 minutes guff ?

That's how you win Derby's, it's a modern game, cool heads and confidence in your own ability and stick to the system set out by Bob.

They scored a lucky goal and exhausted themselves in the process.

Haring had an awesome game from start to finish, as he generally always does when called up on.

Get him signed.

I'm quite confident that we will get another announcement on Friday with him signing a contract... 

section s heart
1 hour ago, stevie1874 said:

Crucial we’re at it right from the start, give them no encouragement and I think they’ll fold big time. 

Agree Stevie. Looks like their dressing room isn't a happy place, relations with Maloney may not be good, and they'll be low on confidence after Saturday.

Give them no encouragement from the start, there's a huge game to be won here, but it's a derby and we need to turn up and make sure we do the business. 

upgotheheads
2 hours ago, PapaShango said:

2 hours ago, The Bannon Flick said:

Took a while to get into the game but he was influential when he did.

2 hours ago, PapaShango said:

2 hours ago, King prawn said:

Had a pants first 25 minutes like the rest but had a hand in the first goal and provided a brilliant cross for the second! 

We had our fourth choice midfield pairing on Saturday imo, and It took them 25 minutes to get themselves sorted, partly due to the way H1b5 started, but when they did get going they were terrific.

It begs the question do we start with them on Saturday or go with Haring and Devlin?  

1 hour ago, I.T.K said:

Nice embrace between him and Halliday after the 3rd goal. :loved:

I noticed that and thought that is not the sign of anyone soon to depart the club.

Unknown user
Just now, JamboAl said:

I noticed that and thought that is not the sign of anyone soon to depart the club.

It was the same when McKay scored his first goal, you could see how into it he was. I hope he stays.

4 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

We had our fourth choice midfield pairing on Saturday imo, and It took them 25 minutes to get themselves sorted, partly due to the way H1b5 started, but when they did get going they were terrific.

It begs the question do we start with them on Saturday or go with Haring and Devlin?  

Go with the same on Saturday with Devlin on the bench. Would be very harsh to leave Halliday out. Competition for places is a great thing and when someone steps up they should be in until they have a bad game. ( unless it’s the goalie) 😂

The Bannon Flick
9 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

That’s THE biggest question for Saturday for me.

Feels incredibly harsh to drop Halliday after Saturday. Devlin not a bad option from the bench and like others have said on separate threads there is the chance Cammy could get carried away in the atmosphere of a Hampden derby.

Go with Halliday, he’s an experienced head and bigger goal threat. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
2 hours ago, I.T.K said:

Nice embrace between him and Halliday after the 3rd goal. :loved:

He also had a nice embrace 🫂 for Halliday after he scored his first. Good mates? 

6 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Go with the same on Saturday with Devlin on the bench. Would be very harsh to leave Halliday out. Competition for places is a great thing and when someone steps up they should be in until they have a bad game. ( unless it’s the goalie) 😂

I agree although Haring and Halliday  are not the quickest and with Hampden being a bigger pitch than Tynecastle we need to be aware of being stretched a bit  as they have some quick players in their side.

They have possibly a bit more to play for than us in that they can redeem themselves a bit for failing to get in the top six by getting to the cup final.

I am pretty sure Devlin will play at some point and we will probably need his energy.

30 minutes ago, section s heart said:

Agree Stevie. Looks like their dressing room isn't a happy place, relations with Maloney may not be good, and they'll be low on confidence after Saturday.

Give them no encouragement from the start, there's a huge game to be won here, but it's a derby and we need to turn up and make sure we do the business. 

Not going into detail but you are right and their dressing room isn’t a happy place. 

No very often i can say I’m ITK but quite a few things going on at hibs at the moment and don’t be surprised to see a couple of guys leave in coming weeks ( not players) 

Go for the throat from the start on Saturday. Give them no encouragement as you say 

48 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

If we’re playing 4 2 3 1 from the beginning with Boyce dropping back to help then it shouldn’t be a problem on the bigger pitch. We can’t drop Halliday after Saturday’s performance - bring Devlin on when needed. 

I’m looking forward to seeing Atkinson with all that space down the wings - I think he’ll thrive. 

When Simms was getting subbed off, he started jogging to the sideline and Haring shouted at him to walk 🤣. As he got closer He started jogging again and Haring had a wee chuckle and threw his hands up as if to say “why did I bother”. 

13 minutes ago, Ewan1874 said:

When Simms was getting subbed off, he started jogging to the sideline and Haring shouted at him to walk 🤣. As he got closer He started jogging again and Haring had a wee chuckle and threw his hands up as if to say “why did I bother”. 

Brilliant 😄

InternationalJambo

Rebuffed the contract we offered the other week. 

Edited by InternationalJambo

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

Rebuffed the contract we offered the other week. 

Do we know why? Is it a negotiating position or is he planning to go?

InternationalJambo
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Do we know why? Is it a negotiating position or is he planning to go?

Unsure. He certainly isn't playing like someone who has an eye on his next move. 

4 hours ago, theshed said:

Not going into detail but you are right and their dressing room isn’t a happy place. 

No very often i can say I’m ITK but quite a few things going on at hibs at the moment and don’t be surprised to see a couple of guys leave in coming weeks ( not players) 

Go for the throat from the start on Saturday. Give them no encouragement as you say 

I'd imagine Gray, MacGregor and Stevenson might be going as they are a clique and have a big say in the dressing room. 

Guest ToqueJambo

The McKay and Haring passes were probably two of the best assists you'll see all season. I've watched both dozens of times now. Sublime.

4 hours ago, theshed said:

They remind me of our dressing room at the end of Levein and start of Stendel eras where they have a load of players who were well past their best but were still seen as the big names I much prefer our current set up

11 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

I'd imagine Gray, MacGregor and Stevenson might be going as they are a clique and have a big say in the dressing room. 

7 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

That's how you win Derby's, it's a modern game, cool heads and confidence in your own ability and stick to the system set out by Bob.

Haring had an awesome game from start to finish, as he generally always does when called up on.

Get him signed.

Great post

Jambo in Bathgate
24 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The McKay and Haring passes were probably two of the best assists you'll see all season. I've watched both dozens of times now. Sublime.

Absolutely! If a Man City or Liverpool player did both to assist a goal the football media would be creaming themselves. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Absolutely! If a Man City or Liverpool player did both to assist a goal the football media would be creaming themselves. 

They get better with every view. Initially I thought Haring's was a good cross basically - a hopeful ball to the far post into a dangerous space but watching the replays he saw Kingsley calling for it and landed it on his foot.

McKay's I thought was a bog standard back heel when nothing much else is on, but he planned the whole thing and even spun it a little so Halliday didn't have to break stride. He has some sort of laser targeting superpower for these passes. His lofted one to Boyce in the first half, the one to Simms, I think another reverse/disguised one in the second half...

Jambo in Bathgate
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

They get better with every view. Initially I thought Haring's was a good cross basically - a hopeful ball to the far post into a dangerous space but watching the replays he saw Kingsley calling for it and landed it on his foot.

McKay's I thought was a bog standard back heel when nothing much else is on, but he planned the whole thing and even spun it a little so Halliday didn't have to break stride. He has some sort of laser targeting superpower for these passes. His lofted one to Boyce in the first half, the one to Simms, I think another reverse/disguised one in the second half...

They certainly do I have burnt out my refresh key 😂

On 11/04/2022 at 22:36, Bull's-eye said:

Get him signed.

Agree with first sentence. Anytime someone mentions Haring favourably there's always that negative comment. The whole team was sub standard in the first half hour, not just Haring, but they regrouped as a team and Haring was as central to that as anybody.

18 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Get him signed.

Agree with this. As always, this game started at 100mph and it was a case of helping the ball on rather than getting a foot on it. 
Watch the 2006 semi again and even with the difference in quality of the sides, we didn’t really dominate until after we scored. Hearts fans panicked after they scored a fluke. Thankfully the players kept the head. 

17 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

I think it depends on the knock he took before going off. Will Devlin have 90 minutes in him after his lay off? He would be great to have in there, although Halliday has stepped up and scored a couple of great goals, do we play the midfielder who probably has a better all round game? It's a tough one for Robbie but I'm sure he has his team already picked for the weekend. I don't think Hibs can change it too much in there and they were no great shakes through the middle of the park. 

1 hour ago, Shaggy2 said:

Agree with this. As always, this game started at 100mph and it was a case of helping the ball on rather than getting a foot on it. 
Watch the 2006 semi again and even with the difference in quality of the sides, we didn’t really dominate until after we scored. Hearts fans panicked after they scored a fluke. Thankfully the players kept the head. 

I don't think we panicked but everyone could see we were way off it the first 25/30 minutes. We started really sloppy and could have found ourselves further behind had they played a better final ball a few times. As soon as we got McKay and Haring on the ball the game completely changed and we over ran them to the point where I can't remember a more dominant half of football we have played all season. 

18 hours ago, section s heart said:

Imagine having to answer to a dwarf as your manager - you just wouldn't be able to take him seriously, especially if he was to lose the plot and start having a go 

Swift kick in the "baws" and it's all over ☺️ 

4 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Imagine having to answer to a dwarf as your manager - you just wouldn't be able to take him seriously, especially if he was to lose the plot and start having a go 

Swift kick in the "baws" and it's all over ☺️ 

More a slide tackle required surely?:whistling:

21 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I don't think we panicked but everyone could see we were way off it the first 25/30 minutes. We started really sloppy and could have found ourselves further behind had they played a better final ball a few times. As soon as we got McKay and Haring on the ball the game completely changed and we over ran them to the point where I can't remember a more dominant half of football we have played all season. 

Like I said, similar to the 2006 SF. Nobody reckons we were anything but completely dominant in that match but they could have scored twice early on. It’s the nature of derbies. The shite team has to run about early on but can’t possibly maintain it. I’ll settle for the same this weekend. 

Bazzas right boot

Haring is a good and can be relied on, however we need better imo. 

His cross for the goal sums him up for me atm, when he has  plenty of time, he can pick out a pass. For me hibs defended that very poorly, they never closed either Hearts player at the edge of the box and  let big Pete pick his pass. He did so with a aplomb. 

Too often he's caught out in a game for me. He is very slow 

I'd like another player of Beni's ilk or better to be part of the main squad. 

Big Pete can fill in and I hope he stays as like Halliday he's a very good squad player for us. 

However, I think he'll want regular football and a bigger pay day. Imo we can get better if that's the case. 

22 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Haring is a good and can be relied on, however we need better imo. 

His cross for the goal sums him up for me atm, when he has  plenty of time, he can pick out a pass. For me hibs defended that very poorly, they never closed either Hearts player at the edge of the box and  let big Pete pick his pass. He did so with a aplomb. 

Too often he's caught out in a game for me. He is very slow 

I'd like another player of Beni's ilk or better to be part of the main squad. 

Big Pete can fill in and I hope he stays as like Halliday he's a very good squad player for us. 

However, I think he'll want regular football and a bigger pay day. Imo we can get better if that's the case. 

Agree with this. Great squad player and reliable when called upon. Sign him up but also sign better for next season - more games to play

• davemclaren changed the title to Peter Haring signs new contract (merged threads)