Peter Haring signs new contract (merged threads)

Diadora Van Basten

2 hours ago, Sid said:

Don’t know but his leg looked terrible. All bandy and limping badly.  

He was like that when he joined us from Everton.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• wavydavy

• Watt-Zeefuik

• jr ewing

1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Unsung hero in the last month or so the thought of going back to a Damour type isn’t worth thinking about.

Did you not know that Craig Levein has left the club? 😍

I'm not suggesting that every signing made by Joe Savage will or has worked but I don't think we are signing players like Damour anymore and more inportantly giving them 4 year deals.

OmiyaHearts

Class player. He's had a few good years with us and can't blame him for wanting to try somewhere else.

bringonthesevco
13 hours ago, William H. Bonney said:

He’s someone I’d like to keep but he’s not someone I’d miss, if that makes sense. 

This is where I am .

We’re about to get another c£2m from Hickeys sell on clause , I think we’ll spend “proper money” on a quality midfielder and striker .

I’d like Haring to stay but wouldn’t be devastated if he went…

Decent player who I hope would re-sign but if folk think he can't be replaced with better players then we may as well just stop trying to compete. 

There's thousands of players out there better than Haring. We signed one last summer in Beni. 

maroonsgotop
2 hours ago, Sid said:

Hope that’s progress then but looked a very long way off. More need for trying to keep Haring. 

he'll still have another 6 months to go to recover from that horrible injury. He was on crutches last Sunday at the POYA so hopefully walking without crutches yesterday was a sign of progress

King prawn

"We could get better"

"WHERE?? Peter Haring is the only midfielder in the world!!"

:facepalm:

King prawn
7 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Decent player who I hope would re-sign but if folk think he can't be replaced with better players then we may as well just stop trying to compete. 

There's thousands of players out there better than Haring. We signed one last summer in Beni. 

:spoton:

Bunny Munro

The problem is he knows he's facing the bench as soon as Beni and Cammy are both fit. He could get the same money and be first choice in say, League 1, down south. That's before you consider homesickness, family issues etc.

I think he's underrated by the club, and personally don't think he should be behind both Beni and Cammy, but we're third and in the cup final, so happy to trust the club know what they're doing.

15 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Exactly, spot on.

I think Haring has improved significantly since he started his run of starting and his value to Hearts is greater than when they offered him the new deal. 
No idea of the terms offered but maybe a bit of scope to improve either amount or term of Contract to get him secured. 

Rick James

Haven't read the whole thread to see if its been mentioned, but I've heard from a couple of people now that his wife apparently wants to go back to Austria. I agree with some that I think he'd be replaced fairly easily, but I've loved big Pete since he came in and would love to see him stick around maybe for one more year. 

One of those players I feel who deserves to be a part of a Hearts squad in Europe.

6 hours ago, Ari Gold said:

Will cost us a lot more to replace. :waiting:

3 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Yep, but we will replace with much better. 

7 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Maybe, maybe not. 

How much did Beni and Devlin cost? There's players out there, that's for sure. 

CloustonHMFC
19 hours ago, Garrincha said:

I’m sure the Austrian second division is a higher standard than the Scottish second division where he has played more recently! Hope he stays though

It really isn’t. Austrian second division is utter pony. 

CloustonHMFC
1 hour ago, Locky said:

Haven't read the whole thread to see if its been mentioned, but I've heard from a couple of people now that his wife apparently wants to go back to Austria. I agree with some that I think he'd be replaced fairly easily, but I've loved big Pete since he came in and would love to see him stick around maybe for one more year. 

One of those players I feel who deserves to be a part of a Hearts squad in Europe.

This is where I am. I love big Pete and really hope he stays but if he doesn’t then he isn’t irreplaceable.

i wish jj was my dad
1 minute ago, CloustonHMFC said:

This is where I am. I love big Pete and really hope he stays but if he doesn’t then he isn’t irreplaceable.

He isn't irreplaceable but we will do really well to upgrade on him and it won't be cheap. I really hope we keep him. 

3 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

It really isn’t. Austrian second division is utter pony. 

And they don't have the money. 

21 hours ago, R1874 said:

Has been different class last few months and adds real quality in midfield. 

On the ball, Devlin and Halliday can never match him. His reading of the game and ability in the air is also so important 

Will be a big miss. Especially with Beni out and already losing Souttar. Really don’t think people appreciate that

Hope he stays and it’s not just wage issue. I know Robbie prefered Beni/Devlin but i’d like to think things have now changed. He will play next year, especially with the extra games in Europe 

Maybe he just wants home as well 

Correct but there is always a group of people for whom the grass is always greener on the other side. even when it isn't.

TyphoonJambo
2 hours ago, Locky said:

Wife's are ten a penny. Wearing the maroon is a privilege.  Get your priorities sorted Pete.

Fort Vallance

I'd like to keep him but as other's have said he's not irreplaceable and we've done without him before. If he wants to go home and his family want to go that's completely understandable. If it's a football decision and he thinks he's going to get a bigger club than us I think he might be disappointed. As other's before him have found out.

Armageddon

He’s great but I’d rather we had a
Brellier/Bruno type in there.  Time to upgrade him and Boyce IMO, steel and ruthlessness.

Rocky jamboa

I presume its Haring who is stalling over the signing of a new contract as I'd imagine from the clubs side, it's a no brainer to sign him up. He's so composed on the ball and doesn't get flustered. Also, was he not initially signed as a defender? Might be a good replacement for Souttar and give us a bit of a presence and composure at the back. Would be far better in there than Sibbick. 

Bungalow Bill

He might get a move to League 1 in England and get a bit more money but the football is utter dire. 

Bungalow Bill
21 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

He’s great but I’d rather we had a
Brellier/Bruno type in there.  Time to upgrade him and Boyce IMO, steel and ruthlessness.

Is Devlin not the Brellier/Bruno type player?

Devlin is better than Le Juge btw. 

Armageddon
9 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

Is Devlin not the Brellier/Bruno type player?

Devlin is better than Le Juge btw. 

Haha away, we’ve never had a player in that kind of role better than Brellier.

john thomas
2 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Wife's are ten a penny. Wearing the maroon is a privilege.  Get your priorities sorted Pete.

Wives , in my experience , are much more costly than that

Would love PH to stay. Fully fit he is a great asset. Fingers crossed but the nature of the game nowadays is it’s rare for any player who is decent stays at a club for long. If he does leave we just need to recruit someone hopefully as decent or maybe better. Benni will be back as well (was it October though ?)

N Lincs Jambo

2019 cup final, we were not getting beat until Haring went off injured in the 80th minute. The Celtic winner wasn’t happening with big Pete still on the park. He wasn’t fit yet him and 16 year old Hickey bossed the game. 

If we’re seriously umming and ahhing over giving him a decent deal then wtaf??? If he goes because he wants to home then fair enough but anything else??? Get it done Hearts!

WheatfieldWarrior
21 minutes ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

2019 cup final, we were not getting beat until Haring went off injured in the 80th minute. The Celtic winner wasn’t happening with big Pete still on the park. He wasn’t fit yet him and 16 year old Hickey bossed the game. 

If we’re seriously umming and ahhing over giving him a decent deal then wtaf??? If he goes because he wants to home then fair enough but anything else??? Get it done Hearts!

Yep, I agree with this.

It's possibly an example of how hard it is to build a good squad.  He indicated he was unhappy not being a regular pick earlier in season.  It's hard to keep good squad players happy.

Famous 1874

Fantastic player but like others have said, he is replaceable. 

We’ll need someone to match his height as without him and Simms, right now the starting eleven looks quite small and could be exploited at set pieces. 

upgotheheads
35 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

It's possibly an example of how hard it is to build a good squad.  He indicated he was unhappy not being a regular pick earlier in season.  It's hard to keep good squad players happy.

He was only just getting back to his best at that point and was competing with  Cammy and Beni, maybe he thinks it is going to be the same when Beni returns later in he year, but from what I've seen since the first two picks from that three would be Beni and Haring. Ideally all three would be in the starting line up which would mean either Beni or Devlin (probably) starting higher up. A good squad would include all three so I hope Haring stays, I would be devastated if one of the arse cheeks sign him, because he's good enough.

sprinbox98
4 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

He was only just getting back to his best at that point and was competing with  Cammy and Beni, maybe he thinks it is going to be the same when Beni returns later in he year, but from what I've seen since the first two picks from that three would be Beni and Haring. Ideally all three would be in the starting line up which would mean either Beni or Devlin (probably) starting higher up. A good squad would include all three so I hope Haring stays, I would be devastated if one of the arse cheeks sign him, because he's good enough.

not a chance either of the old firm will sign him.

will leave a massive gap if he does go!

Armageddon
6 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Fantastic player but like others have said, he is replaceable. 

We’ll need someone to match his height as without him and Simms, right now the starting eleven looks quite small and could be exploited at set pieces. 

Rubbish we're "a bug fisikal teem ken" :)

Usual Scottish football narrative.

Japan Jambo

Like a fit Michael Smith (and to a more limited extent Andy Halliday) he can play well in a number of positions. I suspect that'll be a much needed trait in the first half of next term particularly with Beni still recovering.

He's looked really impressive of late imo, I do hope he stays.

Pans Jambo

Come oan Haring! Sign the new contract (I assume hes been offered one). 
Only your mother will love you more than your Jambo family. 

Famous 1874
3 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Rubbish we're "a bug fisikal teem ken" :)

Usual Scottish football narrative.

The big physical Hearts patter is nonsense but if both Haring and Simms go, we 100% need some height. 

Agentjambo

I don’t get the Haring love in…ok he’s decent but surely we can attract better in the summer.

1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

I don’t get the Haring love in…ok he’s decent but surely we can attract better in the summer.

With Haring we have a player that we know is really good but if he goes then who ever we bring in to replace him may not be as good

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

With Haring we have a player that we know is really good but if he goes then who ever we bring in to replace him may not be as good

Yes - I think the term "effective" describes Haring's contribution to the team.    He's not flashy, and mazy runs aren't his thing, but his contribution both defensively and ball-winning to start attacks is very impressive.   

A bit like  Neil Berry ... but better.     Topic for debate though - was Peter better or worse with his man-bun ? 😃

Carried our midfield this season.

Mr. Reliable. 

He'll be hard to replace. Knows the league, great reader of the game, tall, strong, decent on the ball, chips in with a goal or two. 

Berra than you
4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Carried our midfield this season.

Mr. Reliable. 

He'll be hard to replace. Knows the league, great reader of the game, tall, strong, decent on the ball, chips in with a goal or two. 

On top of all that he's a leader. If we have managed to get him to stay I'll be delighted.

• davemclaren changed the title to Peter Haring signs new contract (merged threads)