Peter Haring signs new contract (merged threads)

Diadora Van Basten

21 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

I wasn’t there but seemingly the chat last night was that an announcement re new contract would happen soon 

That’s what I heard as well 

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• wavydavy

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Unknown user

PapaShango

Would be great if Pete signed an extension. I feared in the Championship that he was done as he seemed laboured and miles off the pace. However now he's playing regular and back to full fitness he is looking back to his absolute best. A great player to have in the squad. 

indianajones
2 hours ago, Imaman said:

We need more players of his calibre and skill in our team. It’s a no brainer to get him signed( I hope he wants too!) 

It really is a no brainer. 

He is of similar standard to what we have meaning the competition for starting is high. Haring, Beni, Cammy plus one other that can play in this role and we will have some serious depth and competition. 

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, pointon said:

It’s a done just an outhouse 

Well get him out of there and signing the contract then!

Outhouse Watercolor Print Bathroom Art Occupied Outdoor | Etsy UK

Bump back to the front page. I'm bored reading about the huns on their holidays. Anybody got any news of big Pete ?

3 hours ago, whodanny said:

Bump back to the front page. I'm bored reading about the huns on their holidays. Anybody got any news of big Pete ?

Rumours are he may or may not have verbally agreed the new contract.... 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Daveandal said:

Rumours are he may or may not have verbally agreed the new contract.... 🤷‍♂️

I like those rumours. Thanks.

StevenNaismith

A new 2 year deal with an option of a 3rd has been agreed. Great news as he’s been immense the last 4/5 months. Great guy to have around the changing room as well, loved and respected by all the squad.

Lone Striker
2 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

A new 2 year deal with an option of a 3rd has been agreed. Great news as he’s been immense the last 4/5 months. Great guy to have around the changing room as well, loved and respected by all the squad.

WOw - superb news.  Well done Hearts, and the elegant Mr Haring   :jambobanana:

4 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

😊🤩

11 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

If true that's wonderful news. Big Peter is important to us and could be a future captain. Much as I love big Craigie, I don't think Goalkeeper is the best position for Captain.

heartsfc_fan
18 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

🥹🥹

Batistuta87
21 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

One of the usernames I was hoping would pop up with some positive news on this one.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease be true!! 

Edited by Batistuta87

20 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Peter Haring Babyyyyyy 🥳🥳🥳

Alec Eiffel

Even better news tonight than McGregor's inability to dive. 

Roll on Saturday

Special Agent Dale Cooper
7 hours ago, Alec Eiffel said:

Roll on Saturday

Simply the Best at saving penalties, I tell ye

8 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

:yas:

8 hours ago, Alec Eiffel said:

Roll on Saturday

McCoist "McGregor is on of the best penalty savers in football, he really is"  "I think McGregor will come out on top here, I really do".  "My money is on McGregor, it really is"  😄

I'm  a wee bit nervy.  Nothing on the official site about this.

Hopefully soon.

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, jambo007 said:

Not seen the back of this man 😎👍

363A04FC-E0E2-4B4F-AAF3-72D6787FBF88.jpeg

OMG he's going to do that secretary thing isn't he? Glasses off, hair down, everyone walks into lampposts

Fxxx the SPFL

Anybody think that his contract extension will be announced tomorrow as a boost before the final

Special Agent Dale Cooper
9 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Anybody think that his contract extension will be announced tomorrow as a boost before the final

Yup indeedy

1 hour ago, **** the SPFL said:

Monday, if we win it will keep the feel good factor going, if not it will give the fans a boost 

16 hours ago, Smithee said:

OMG he's going to do that secretary thing isn't he? Glasses off, hair down, everyone walks into lampposts

Not before he crushes that cup. 

617256cc01a1a63d236aa34925a51c45_w200.gif

13 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

I was thinking the same. Maybe wishful thinking, but they've featured various players in press conferences throughout this week and not yet reached Peter.

Fingers crossed. 

Fxxx the SPFL
26 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

I was thinking the same. Maybe wishful thinking, but they've featured various players in press conferences throughout this week and not yet reached Peter.

Fingers crossed. 

👍

Jamboscanbevicius
15 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

Two ways to play this...

Fans are already excited for the final. If this is done and signed, then in PR terms, the decision may be to hold back this good news back for early next week just in case we need a wee pick-me-up in the unlikely scenario that we don't triumph at Hampden.

On 15/05/2022 at 16:02, Sid said:

I think Haring has improved significantly since he started his run of starting and his value to Hearts is greater than when they offered him the new deal. 
No idea of the terms offered but maybe a bit of scope to improve either amount or term of Contract to get him secured. 

Appears to have been spot on.  Term of contract (and probably amount) still slightly apart and Haring’s agent trying to squeeze out last little drop. Must be a deadline coming up where we have to look elsewhere if no deal. 
think decision soon either way. 

StevenNaismith

The length of the deal is the sticking point. He wants 3 years, we offered 2 with an option of a 3rd year based on appearances. 

Fxxx the SPFL
12 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

The length of the deal is the sticking point. He wants 3 years, we offered 2 with an option of a 3rd year based on appearances. 

Just give him three it’s not like he’s Damour we know what we get with big Pete 

2 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Just give him three it’s not like he’s Damour we know what we get with big Pete 

If we give him 3 years he will be nearly 32 when his contract ends. Given his injury issues not sure that makes a lot of sense 

44 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

This sounds best for me. With big Pete injury history I don’t think can go for straight 3 years

10 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Think of the shite we’ve given 3 years to over the years 🤣🤣🤣

Yeah

And if Haring doesn't play much because we've improved the squad then a 3rd year is the same waste of money as before. 

johnking123

Like Haring. But he ain't going to be a first team regular and he knows it. He is looking after himself as are we.

gashauskis9
12 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Like Haring. But he ain't going to be a first team regular and he knows it. He is looking after himself as are we.

This.  I’m actually really happy that these negotiations are being led by the head not the heart now.  Shows that we have folk negotiating who know what they’re doing.  

I’m not buying the “look at the shite we’ve offered 3 years to in the past” angle.  It’s not up to Savage to right Levein and co’s wrongs.  If his assessment is that 2 years with a one year option is best for the club when dealing with a squad player, then I’m happy.  

Tommy Brown

With the extra European matches we need a bigger squad and no Beni until November at best. 

We want to finish 3rd over and over.

3 years is not a risk imo.

We know his capabilities.

Dennis Reynolds

Two years with an option of a third sounds ideal from the club's position. Whilst I'd love him to stay, we shouldn't be letting players dictate to the club what they're getting. We've done that and we're literally still paying for it. Chucking deals at players because they might be good pros or decent to have around the club is a waste of playing budget. Sentimental pish. It's a cut throat business sadly and if he's not wanting what we're offering, thanks and goodbye.

Rick Sanchez

He's obviously worried he won't hit the games threshold to secure the additional year. Not the sound of someone who wants away back home.

A lot of back and forth and communication. If he was being unreasonable and we weren't arsed Joe would tell him to jog on.

We've offered our last deal, I guess we'll find out soon.

42 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

With the extra European matches we need a bigger squad and no Beni until November at best. 

This.

I can’t believe we’re haggling over another year, the club must think they’re in the stronger position.

Seymour M Hersh
46 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

What a depressingly sad statement to have to make (no slight on you at all Tommy) and an indictment on the state of the game in this country. 

gashauskis9
7 minutes ago, briever said:

This.

I can’t believe we’re haggling over another year, the club must think they’re in the stronger position.

We are in the stronger position, that’s the whole point.  Haring’s the one haggling here, not us. For all we know, there’s a similar player to Haring, possibly better in that position who we’re ready to offer a deal to.

bobskeldon
5 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

What a depressingly sad statement to have to make (no slight on you at all Tommy) and an indictment on the state of the game in this country. 

…and most other countries in Europe!

Bob Loblaw

Don't see the huge risk in a 3 year deal as long as its not mental money tbh. 32 at the end of it, he doesn't have pace to lose so that's not an issue and he keeps himself fit. I struggle to see any situation barring a bad injury where he wouldn't be good enough for SPFL Premiership level. He may not be an automatic first choice but we need continuity and players we can hang their hat on. He's also clearly well liked and respected in the dressing room. 

And if we got to the last year and he wasn't involved I'm.sure he'd not be difficult to deal with in terms of moving him on. He'd not want to waste a year of his career at that stage.

Armageddon

I’d give him that 3rd knowing we can play him in all the shitty away games mid-week while resting key players.

• davemclaren changed the title to Peter Haring signs new contract (merged threads)