Wandered through security as normal 😊

Β 

Not tonight though. .Β  . . πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Β 

Could you take your shoes off sir πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Β 

Belt off . . . . πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Β 

Jumper off, no beap, stopped and searched twice, physically and scanned.

Β 

Utter welts, called it out loud and proud and told "it is what is is "

Β 

Hibs class πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

I was in Edinburgh airport on Thursday.

Β 

There was no checks, the loud-mouthed male we encountered had one brain cell, at best.

Β 

No shoes off, walked through β€˜security’ with our passports in our hands.

Β 

Joke of an airport.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Dagger Is Back

Was busy but fine for us on Friday morning. Just folks doing the job they’re employed to do.

Β 

Sadly they have to deal with some utter half witsΒ 

I remember the old one. Β A half hour walk along Craigs Road.Β 
And the new one being built. Β It had a proper restaurant on the first floor, an observation deck and a wee cupboard for duty-free they’d open up specially when one of the 4? / 5? international flights a day (Amsterdam and maybe Dublin) was leaving.

Β 

Changed days.

If your shoes cover your ankles, and aren't flat trainers, you might be asked to take them off. It's been that way for years.Β 

Β 

I'm also wondering how you thought the metal detector you walk through would be programmed to ignore your belt?

Β 

I'm amazed at the people who make a scene. Just take your jacket, belt, and any jewellery off, put your stuff in the tray, walk through the scanners, and get on with it. It takes 2 minutes if you get asked to go in the scanner and patted down.Β  What exactly is there to be "proud" about by making a scene and mouthing off at something that is entirely standard procedure?Β 

Β 

I've flown from Edinburgh 4 times this year, and I've been asked to stand in the scanner every time. Instead of "calling them out" (I'd love to hear the logic behind this one btw), I just accepted it's part of flying these days. A minute or two at most, and you're free to grab your stuff and go.Β 

Β 

I suspect you were "randomly selected" for not following simple instructions, and acting the big man.Β 

Edited by tian447

Jambo-Jimbo
6 hours ago, tian447 said:

If your shoes cover your ankles, and aren't flat trainers, you might be asked to take them off. It's been that way for years.Β 

Β 

I'm also wondering how you thought the metal detector you walk through would be programmed to ignore your belt?

Β 

I'm amazed at the people who make a scene. Just take your jacket, belt, and any jewellery off, put your stuff in the tray, walk through the scanners, and get on with it. It takes 2 minutes if you get asked to go in the scanner and patted down.Β  What exactly is there to be "proud" about by making a scene and mouthing off at something that is entirely standard procedure?Β 

Β 

I've flown from Edinburgh 4 times this year, and I've been asked to stand in the scanner every time. Instead of "calling them out" (I'd love to hear the logic behind this one btw), I just accepted it's part of flying these days. A minute or two at most, and you're free to grab your stuff and go.Β 

Β 

I suspect you were "randomly selected" for not following simple instructions, and acting the big man.Β 

Β 

It amazes me the number of people who are completely unprepared for going through security.Β 

Most people start getting their stuff sorted out before going through security or whilst waiting in the queue, but there's always one isn't there, who waits until they are at the tray before they start to rummage through their pockets, then have to get told to take their jacket off, belt off and of course they have lace-up boots on, and they always forget something, still got their keys on them or a coin purse or mobile phone.

Β 

If everybody works together and follows the instructions which are clearly posted everywhere, getting through security can be a breeze, but when you get someone taking ages at the tray's or someone making a scene, it just holds everybody else up.

14 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Β 

It amazes me the number of people who are completely unprepared for going through security.Β 

Most people start getting their stuff sorted out before going through security or whilst waiting in the queue, but there's always one isn't there, who waits until they are at the tray before they start to rummage through their pockets, then have to get told to take their jacket off, belt off and of course they have lace-up boots on, and they always forget something, still got their keys on them or a coin purse or mobile phone.

Β 

If everybody works together and follows the instructions which are clearly posted everywhere, getting through security can be a breeze, but when you get someone taking ages at the tray's or someone making a scene, it just holds everybody else up.

Β 

It's not even an uncommon occurrence. Any time you are at security, someone directly in front of you hasn't taken off their watch, belt, coins out their pockets, or trying to go through like they're wrapped up for an Arctic excursion.Β  That, or they place their bag in the tray, and when they're asked "Any electronics or liquids" they treat it like some massive shock that they have to take them out their bag and place them in the tray.Β 

Β 

Being prepared before you travel is so much less stressful. I usually travel with 2 laptops, and all the wires and crap that comes with.Β  When I pack my bag, I pop all the cables into an IKEA sandwich bag, so that it can be easily taken out the bag and put back in again without faffing with them untangling.Β  It's also handy to have one for any loose stuff you have in your pockets, so you don't have to go hunting for it in the trays.Β 

Β 

Security is a 5 minute process which only annoys people who don't know what they're doing, and they get angry as a result of their own inability to prepare and follow instructions which are pretty bloody obvious. Doesn't help that people often go to the airport pished, and then start behaving like they are some sort of diety who shouldn't need to go through what the peasants go through, even though they are far more likely to be a risk due to their own behaviour.Β 

I departed Edinburgh airport this morning, through security at about 07.30.

It wasn't busy but the security belts were backed up as about 80% of the bags were sent to secondary screening (including mine)

As I waited for my bag I watched the bags getting searched, most had liquids, either too large or not in a 1 litre bag. That's what slows the process up. As soon as most bags get sent to secondary screening the conveyor backs up and stops.

There was nothing of interest in my bag.

Seymour M Hersh
13 hours ago, Morgan said:

Β 

There was no checks, the loud-mouthed male we encountered had one brain cell, at best.

Β 

Β 

Joke of an airport.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

What were you hoping for a strip and cavity search by a 20stone skinhead?Β :oohmatron:

14 hours ago, Morgan said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Joke of an airport.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

When I flew up last year from Bristol, only got padded down after the metal in my body set off the metal detector. Didn't ask to see my I.d.Β 

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Β 

It's not even an uncommon occurrence. Any time you are at security, someone directly in front of you hasn't taken off their watch, belt, coins out their pockets, or trying to go through like they're wrapped up for an Arctic excursion.Β  That, or they place their bag in the tray, and when they're asked "Any electronics or liquids" they treat it like some massive shock that they have to take them out their bag and place them in the tray.Β 

Β 

Being prepared before you travel is so much less stressful. I usually travel with 2 laptops, and all the wires and crap that comes with.Β  When I pack my bag, I pop all the cables into an IKEA sandwich bag, so that it can be easily taken out the bag and put back in again without faffing with them untangling.Β  It's also handy to have one for any loose stuff you have in your pockets, so you don't have to go hunting for it in the trays.Β 

Β 

Security is a 5 minute process which only annoys people who don't know what they're doing, and they get angry as a result of their own inability to prepare and follow instructions which are pretty bloody obvious. Doesn't help that people often go to the airport pished, and then start behaving like they are some sort of diety who shouldn't need to go through what the peasants go through, even though they are far more likely to be a risk due to their own behaviour.Β 

Β 

Tell me about it, seems to happen to me everytime, I'm usually the one who gets stuck behind the slow folk.

Β 

I'm the same, have all my bits & bobs like phone, money, keys etc etc etc in resealable clear plastic bags in my backpack, ready to be taken out once I get to the trays, makes life simple & easy, once through security then you can put your phone, money etc back into your pockets at your leisure instead of standing at the tables putting this in that pocket and that in this pocket etc etc etc.

I don’t think Turnhouse is too bad, especially very early morning when there are loads of regular fliers who know what to do. (London City is generally great too). It’s worse at more β€˜holiday’ type airports where people maybe less familiar with procedures (and I put myself in that category - I haven’t been in a plane in about 4 years).

A Boy Named Crow
9 minutes ago, FWJ said:

I don’t think Turnhouse is too bad, especially very early morning when there are loads of regular fliers who know what to do. (London City is generally great too). It’s worse at more β€˜holiday’ type airports where people maybe less familiar with procedures (and I put myself in that category - I haven’t been in a plane in about 4 years).

I used to love using London City, as you say,Β  most folk knew the score, so there was minimal fuss. Also, very few families, so you didn't have to endure kids making a racket / running about like dafties etc...

Β 

When I lived in Docklands I could go from the plane to my front door in less than half an hour. Glorious wee airport...especially if you've ever had to endure Heathrow!

46 minutes ago, The Dragon Reborn said:

I think a few people have completely missed the point on this thread πŸ™ˆ
Β 

C’mon genius, enlighten a β€˜few people’ then?

3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Β 

What were you hoping for a strip and cavity search by a 20stone skinhead?Β :oohmatron:

I get that every time I meet my sister-in-law.

Β 

Β 

81217E22-204E-42D3-BBBE-F2EAB2FBD163.jpeg

56 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Β 

The OP had a Hearts scarf on and the staff member was more than likely a Hibs fan?

Just now, Pap said:

Β 

The OP had a Hearts scarf on and the staff member was more than likely a Hibs fan?

Ah, ok.

Β 

I admit I probably missed that.

4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Ah, ok.

Β 

Β 

I'm not that sure. Probably something along the lines of that.

Just now, Pap said:

Β 

I'm not that sure. Probably something along the lines of that.

Yes, sounds feasible.

Β 

Knowing Bulls eye (Oliver Twist) he probably did have his colours on.Β Β 

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Ah, ok.

Β 

Β 

Not the brightest bulb in the lamp is Morgs

Β 

The OP was indeed a drunk rant about the miserable Hibby staff at security, there's usually a few Jambos stoating around to keep them honest and have a bit of banter with. Not last night.

Β 

Yes Morgs, I did have a rather awesome bit of Maroon attire on πŸ˜‰

3 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Β 

Not the brightest bulb in the lamp is Morgs

Β 

The OP was indeed a drunk rant about the miserable Hibby staff at security, there's usually a few Jambos stoating around to keep them honest and have a bit of banter with. Not last night.

Β 

Perfectly bright, thanks.Β Β 

Β 

:biggrin:

The airport has been a disgrace the past few times I’ve used it. 45 minutes to get through immigration and another 30 minutes to get my bag. Happened the past 2 times and spoke to another passenger who had waited 1.5 hours for their bags 2 weeks ago to be told they could go home and the bag would then be delivered!Β 

Β 

I understood the OP, but in seriousness it is a shambles! The departure lounge is an unfinished mess!Β 

The Dragon Reborn
6 hours ago, Morgan said:

Wasn’t the OP suggesting the security staff member was a bitter Hibs fan trying to enact some small measure of revenge for yet another derby humping?

The Dragon Reborn
3 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Β 

:indeed:

Β 

πŸ˜‰

Β 

Β 

willie wallace

Β£4 at the drop off point nowadays.Not sure how they get away with that.

Lots of people getting dropped off at the hotels now and just walking down.

Β 

3 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

Β 

Β 

There's a free drop off at the long stay car park and a free bus to take you to the terminal.

12 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Β 

Β 

If I'm in the security line I'm not taking my belt and watch off whilst waiting. It takes seconds to do when I get a tray. It's the folk that fail to take everything they need to out that cause the delays.

Β 

Β 

willie wallace
23 minutes ago, graygo said:

Β 

There's a free drop off at the long stay car park and a free bus to take you to the terminal.

Cheers,didn't know that.

There is indeed something seriously wrong with security personnel if they are examining or not people because of their affiliation to a football team. Their job by description is to provide a high level of security for people who are travelling on a high risk mode of transport. I was responsible for security personnel who were examining passengers before access to a cruise ship. This was in a highly sensitive time, if I became aware of or it was brought to my attention that one of our personnel was doing his paid job in a manner that was contrary to that I and my senior personnel had mandated he/she would be dismissed on the spot and considered for possible charges under the laws governing travel security. I have terminated personnel for neglect of duty as security officers which came under my mandate as Director of Police and Security.

Edited by Sharpie

On 09/04/2022 at 20:49, Bull's-eye said:

Wandered through security as normal 😊

Β 

Not tonight though. .Β  . . πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Β 

Could you take your shoes off sir πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Β 

Belt off . . . . πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Β 

Jumper off, no beap, stopped and searched twice, physically and scanned.

Β 

Utter welts, called it out loud and proud and told "it is what is is "

Β 

Hibs class πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

You need to be careful with these guys. Abuse them even mildly and they can make you miss your flight or stop you flying altogether. Personally I politely comply with whatever the order if the day is, put my gear back on and head for spoons.Β That’s what normal folk do No ?

Angry Haggis
17 hours ago, Marvin said:

Β 

When I flew up last year from Bristol, only got padded down after the metal in my body set off the metal detector. Didn't ask to see my I.d.Β 

Why would you be asked to see your ID as part of this scenario?Β 
Β 

You’ve made it that far assumed with your boarding pass. Normally id check occurs at departure gate?Β 

Radio Ga Ga
8 hours ago, graygo said:

Β 

Yes, there is a free drop off zone in the Long Stay, however, there is no longer a shuttle bus, you now need to walk to the terminal, they've created a 'short cut' through the mid stay car park, but it's still a good 8-10 minute walk, OK of the weather is good, but imagine what it would be like in the pouring rain? (Been like this since the start of the pandemic, unsure when they'll reinstate the buses)

Β 

Β 

59 minutes ago, Angry Haggis said:

Why would you be asked to see your ID as part of this scenario?Β 
Β 

You’ve made it that far assumed with your boarding pass. Normally id check occurs at departure gate?Β 

Β 

Didn't make my post clear. I had my boarding pass checked but nothing else. Didn't get asked for id at all.

1 hour ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Yes, there is a free drop off zone in the Long Stay, however, there is no longer a shuttle bus, you now need to walk to the terminal, they've created a 'short cut' through the mid stay car park, but it's still a good 8-10 minute walk, OK of the weather is good, but imagine what it would be like in the pouring rain? (Been like this since the start of the pandemic, unsure when they'll reinstate the buses)

Β 

Β 

Β 

Didn't know that. πŸ‘

2 hours ago, Marvin said:

Β 

Didn't make my post clear. I had my boarding pass checked but nothing else. Didn't get asked for id at all.

Β 

Unless you are checking a bag you won't get asked for ID for a domestic flight

7 hours ago, Ribble said:

Β 

Β 

I would have thought they'd want to see id in the interests of security.Β 

7 hours ago, Ribble said:

Β 

That's right.Β  πŸ‘

3 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Β Just back from MarbellaΒ 

Where did you stay?

Β 

What bars were you in?

Β 

Tell us more... Β πŸ€·πŸΏβ€β™‚οΈ

The Dragon Reborn
12 hours ago, Morgan said:

Where did you stay?

Β 

What bars were you in?

Β 

Tell us more... Β πŸ€·πŸΏβ€β™‚οΈ

image.jpeg.d32c5092912258db53eee0ad8e1e1703.jpeg

Β 

JudyJudyJudy
On 10/04/2022 at 12:00, Seymour M Hersh said:

Β 

Oh where do I sign up ? Knowing my luck I’ll probably be …..

Β 

Β 

Β 

20F15E14-88C2-4449-BAAE-30C0BB661810.gif

SectionDJambo
On 10/04/2022 at 22:39, willie wallace said:

Β 

That’s a 400% rise on just a few years ago. There can’t be any justification for such a fee for 10 minutes parking.

Daylight robbery.

Cairneyhill Jambo

Does anyone know what the score is with the Holiday Inn Express at the airport?

Β 

It closed at the start of the pandemic and never reopened.Β