Gretna (H)

Celtic (A)

Motherwell (A)

Rangers (H)

Inverness (A)

St Mirren (A)

Falkirk (H)

Dundee Utd (H)

My most optimistic projection would see us pick up around 14 points from these 9 fixtures (which is what we actually acheived in the corresponding fixtures from the first quarter). We are 8 points behind 6th place at the moment.

Given how poor the current squad is, I don't even think the appointment of a competent manager would propel us to a top six finish.

So we lose our record of being the only non-OF team to always finish in the top six since the inception of the SPL but (probably) gain a final derby of the season.

Does it really matter where we finnish as long as it's not bottom as we are not going to get into europe and the money between 6 and 7th is it really that much more ?

I suspect we'll need at least 21 points from these 10 games which I don't think is possible the way things are at the moment.

Does it really matter where we finnish as long as it's not bottom as we are not going to get into europe and the money between 6 and 7th is it really that much more ?

Financially - probably not. But from the perspective of restoring some pride - yes.

That said, this is by far the best supported, best paid Hearts team ever to find themselves in a relegation battle. Anything less than 3rd place is a disgrace.

Not unless we get a RB, LB, CB attacking CM, Cover for LM and RM for when chesney and Andy are out. We also need a top class striker who can play with Velicka

.......Untill then we have no chance. We also need a manger but everyone knows we will not get that until at the very earliest after the transfer window.

Aberdeen (A) - Draw

Gretna (H) - Win

Celtic (A) - Loss

Motherwell (A) - Loss

Rangers (H) - Loss

Inverness (A) - Draw

St Mirren (A) - Draw

Falkirk (H) - Win

Dundee Utd (H) -Loss

9 points

It's really quite an interesting equation for which no doubt someone who is into Maths would enjoy pumping out an algorithm. We are only eight ponts out of sixth place so it is a possibility.Aberdeen are only nine points ahead, and Motherwell 11. If we beat Aberdeen on Saturday then the gap is reduced to six to them - so it really matters. We beat Aberdeen and we are back on track for the top six. We lose or draw at Pittodrie and I would doubt we will be playing in the top six this season.

I'll go for a win on Saturay and a top six finnish.

No chance! We'll finish 10th at best with all the new promises of a new manager and quality players by the start of next season! "The Heart and soul of a chancer" should be our slogan for next year. I predict very few renewing season tickets either for next season!!

Aberdeen (A) - Loss

Gretna (H) - Draw

Celtic (A) - Loss

Motherwell (A) - Loss

Rangers (H) - Loss

Inverness (A) - Loss

St Mirren (A) - Draw

Falkirk (H) - Draw

Dundee Utd (H) -Loss

3 points a relegation dogfight looms

Aberdeen (A) Win

Gretna (H) Win

Celtic (A) Lose

Motherwell (A) Win

Rangers (H) Draw

Inverness (A) Win

St Mirren (A) Win

Falkirk (H) Win

Dundee Utd (H) Win

22 points - it is achievable, I'd guess we need 42 points to get to the top six, that is 18 points to collect out of 27 available.

Walter Bishop

Aberdeen (A) 0 points

Gretna (H) 3 points

Celtic (A) 0 points

Motherwell (A) 0 points

Rangers (H) 0 points

Inverness (A) 0 points

St Mirren (A) 1 point

Falkirk (H) 1 points

Dundee Utd (H) 0 points

5 points imo, ffs we better hope Greeetna dont go on a wee run!!!

H2: I'll have some of what you've been drinking today mate.

You should it's really good water - keepe me happy.

It get's better when you add whisky!

Aberdeen (A) Lose

Gretna (H) Win

Celtic (A) Lose

Motherwell (A) Lose

Rangers (H) Lose

Inverness (A) Draw

St Mirren (A) Win

Falkirk (H) Win

Dundee Utd (H) Draw

No. Realistically we need to win 6 or 7 of those 9 games. I think my predictions are bordering on the optimistic side.

Aberdeen (A) Win

Gretna (H) Win

Celtic (A) Lose

Motherwell (A) Win

Rangers (H) Draw

Inverness (A) Win

St Mirren (A) Win

Falkirk (H) Win

Dundee Utd (H) Win

22 points - it is achievable, I'd guess we need 42 points to get to the top six, that is 18 points to collect out of 27 available.

:booze: I cann abelieve there are some still predicting such runs. Yeh, it is possible but unlikley.

FWIW - 9 points

Aberdeen (A) d

Gretna (H) Win

Celtic (A) Lose

Motherwell (A) d

Rangers (H) l

Inverness (A) l

St Mirren (A) Win

Falkirk (H) d

Dundee Utd (H) l

We also have an away game at Killie before the split.

These calculations are very approximate but I figure these are the points that the 6th placed team in the league had at the split.

2000/01 Dundee 41

2001/02 Dunfermline Athletic 43

2002/03 Dundee 42

2003/04 Motherwell 45

2004/05 Motherwell 43

2005/06 Aberdeen 48

2006/07 Hibernian 44

So in all likelihood between 41 and 48 points (17 to 24 to go) are needed to reach the top six, it'll probably be closer to 48 because there are so many teams close together in mid table. The 3rd placed team has not had less than 61 points since the 38 team league was introduced (37 points to go).

By The Light..
Voted no but if every team plays like the hibs last week it will be a scoosh.:)

I thought that until I remembered that Hibs are the worst team in the league right now, not the young scottish flair master good footballing side that they were under monkey heid

Aberdeen (A) Win

Gretna (H) Win

Celtic (A) Lose

Motherwell (A) Win

Rangers (H) Draw

Inverness (A) Win

St Mirren (A) Win

Falkirk (H) Win

Dundee Utd (H) Win

love it! then you wake up

Its too late for us now.

To have a realistic chance we needed to pick up a good few points over Xmas with games like Falkirk away and ICT & St Mirren at home.

The fact we took zero from them means we will finish bottom 6.

The shame of it.

portobellojambo1
Nope.

We will languish in 11th spot......

Similar feeling Dexter, we will either finish one place above bottom, or if we do move up at all the highest I can see us achieving is 9th in all honesty.

portobellojambo1
Aberdeen (A) Win

Gretna (H) Win

Celtic (A) Lose

Motherwell (A) Win

Rangers (H) Draw

Inverness (A) Win

St Mirren (A) Win

Falkirk (H) Win

Dundee Utd (H) Win

Right folks read the above post, and take on board the damage that a mixture of whisky, water and hard drugs can do to you.

(Drop the 20, and I suspect you are a lot closer to what our current form suggests is achievable. I think we will pick up points versus Gretna and somebody else, not convinced we will win either of them, but we are playing rank rotten at the moment, the win versus Hibs has possibly clouded that fact.)

There wa a similar post about 1 or 2 months ago & i said we would get into the top 6. Since then i have changed my mind, we are just not good enough to be in top 6. I thought we would get a good result & kick off on a wee run but are too inconsistant & have a "manager" that is not up2 the job

ToadKiller Dog
I'd guess we need 42 points to get to the top six, that is 18 points to collect out of 27 available.

We will most likely get 17 pts then and muck it up at killie finish 7th.

Aberdeen (A) 1 points

Gretna (H) 3 points

Celtic (A) 0 points

Motherwell (A) 1 points

Rangers (H) 1 points

Inverness (A) 1 points

St Mirren (A) 1 point

Falkirk (H) 3 points

Dundee Utd (H) 3 points

If we do any better than these 14 points I'd be astounded. Can't see it being enough for top 6.

Vlad_Knows_Best

Aberdeen (A) 0 points

Gretna (H) 3 points

Celtic (A) 0 points

Motherwell (A) 1 points

Rangers (H) 0 points

Inverness (A) 0 points

St Mirren (A) 1 point

Falkirk (H) 1 points

Dundee Utd (H) 0 points

6/27

Unless we pick up three points tomorrow - no chance. Even then it would take a herculean effort to get us into that position.

I voted no.

As I said on another thread, with Frail/Romanov managing and the current squad (plus Maybury) relegation battle with Gretna is very likely.

Aberdeen (A) - Draw

Gretna (H) - Win

Celtic (A) - Loss

Motherwell (A) - Loss

Rangers (H) - Loss

Inverness (A) - Draw

St Mirren (A) - Draw

Falkirk (H) - Win

Dundee Utd (H) -Loss

9 points

You think? Why? We aint beaten them this season and they are playing far better than us at the moment.

You think? Why? We aint beaten them this season and they are playing far better than us at the moment.

Your right they are playing better than Hibs:)

The SPL average for the split is 44 points and this has to be our target. A few weeks ago it was looking as though 47 points would be required. However, the mid table sides have not picked up a lot of points in recent weeks so it looks as though 44 points will be enough to see you over the line..

10 games....20 points. Apart from an OK run in October/early November we have done nothing this season to suggest we will even get close to this total.

However, 6 points from the next two; Aberdeen away and Gretna at home puts us right back in the pack and would mean teams round about the split mark would have to look at our results as well each week.

Archived