21 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

actually I think the broken pelvis horse was a different one :(

the pelvis treatment etc still stands but a different unfortunate horse   

:(

discorama was the horse with the pelvic injury

The Dragon Reborn
48 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

discorama was the horse with the pelvic injury

So what was posted about Eclair Surf was nonsense then?

The Dragon Reborn
1 hour ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

I heard the horse broke it’s pelvis and was put down later

lots of horses recover from a broken pelvis and can even race again

this horse was 8 year old so arguably  the pelvis injury was not 100% clear at the time whether it was treatable hence the reason not making the decision there and then -  unfortunately it proved not to be treatable

areas like this is where anti-horse racing / anti-grand national debaters let themselves down - there are plenty areas to raise very genuine concerns about and whether the industry is / can properly address them without trying to shoe-horn incidents into the argument where the particular context of the incident can be defended which helps to dilute some of the more fundamental points they have

Good post. Muddying the waters with half truths benefits no-one and detracts from genuine awareness raising about concerns. 👍🏻

4 minutes ago, The Dragon Reborn said:

So what was posted about Eclair Surf was nonsense then?

eclair surg has been reported as dying from a traumatic head injury not a pelvic injury

The Dragon Reborn
Just now, milky_26 said:

eclair surg has been reported as dying from a traumatic head injury not a pelvic injury

👍🏻 

Wish folk would make more of an effort before blindly sharing fake news they find on social media.

1 hour ago, The Dragon Reborn said:

👍🏻 

Wish folk would make more of an effort before blindly sharing fake news they find on social media.

I'm sure he'll be along soon to correct the record.

Back to work after a weekend at Aintree.  Out the 7 races I scooped in 4 (£110, £130, £130, £147.50) all from £5 e/w bets.  Didn't come close in the National.

It's a long day, it's obviously heaving, you can get served no bother at all, the food is daft prices so you just don't eat (£8 for a sausage roll), the pints are £7 but you don't bat an eyelid.  No phone signal, it's so easy to lose your group if you don't plan when you are going and where you will meet, we moved as a group to the betting and the bar, the drug taking is off the scale, you're on your feet from the second you get off the train until the second you arrive home. 

The National is actually the least enjoyable race for me, watching it praying the horses get round uninjured :(  The other races aren't like that at all.

SectionDJambo
3 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Back to work after a weekend at Aintree.  Out the 7 races I scooped in 4 (£110, £130, £130, £147.50) all from £5 e/w bets.  Didn't come close in the National.

It's a long day, it's obviously heaving, you can get served no bother at all, the food is daft prices so you just don't eat (£8 for a sausage roll), the pints are £7 but you don't bat an eyelid.  No phone signal, it's so easy to lose your group if you don't plan when you are going and where you will meet, we moved as a group to the betting and the bar, the drug taking is off the scale, you're on your feet from the second you get off the train until the second you arrive home. 

The National is actually the least enjoyable race for me, watching it praying the horses get round uninjured :(  The other races aren't like that at all.

One of the guys in our group won £3,600 on one race. £100ew on a 25/1 shot. He'd won £600 on an earlier race and decided to go for it.

If I don't hear another Liverpudlian voice for a few weeks I'll be happy.

The Dragon Reborn
10 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Nice one 👍🏻