Arcade Fire @ Bowery Ballroom

Deodato

@arcadefirefans

Embarrassingly late to this party, I got to see my first (ever) Arcade Fire concert on Sunday at the intimate Bowery Ballroom, thanks to a flash sale of wristbands for their fans (also a fund raiser for the Ukraine).

Now, busily trying to make up on lost time and get familiar with their material as I'd never heard them before. Any recommendations on where to begin and what tracks to zero in?

One fan made a decent film of the gig - I was speechless. Best concert of the past decade. How was I sleeping on this band?!

Deodato

Салатные палочки

Not a big fan by any means but their new single (singles?) 'Lightning I, II' is really good. Their new album is apparently a double album of a whole seven tracks "from the dark into the light". I think it's also their last.

Not really listened to anything they have done recently but they were always a great live band. I also remember this revolutionary webpage they made to promote The Suburbs that was revolutionary at the time. Needs to be viewed on a computer though as it doesn’t work on mobile platforms. 
http://www.thewildernessdowntown.com

I've seen them a number of times including Earls Court, Edinburgh Castle., Corn Exchange, Barrowlands, The Hydro and T in the Park.  Great live band.

Funeral is perhaps the album to start with then The Suburbs, Neon Bible, Reflektor, and Everything Now.

Some of their best known songs:

Wake Up

Rebellion (Lies)

Keep The Car Running

No Cars Go

The Suburbs

Ready To Start

Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)

Reflektor

Everything Now

Punks No Deid
7 hours ago, frankblack said:

I've seen them a number of times including Earls Court, Edinburgh Castle., Corn Exchange, Barrowlands, The Hydro and T in the Park.  Great live band.

Funeral is perhaps the album to start with then The Suburbs, Neon Bible, Reflektor, and Everything Now.

Wake Up

Rebellion (Lies)

Keep The Car Running

No Cars Go

The Suburbs

Ready To Start

Reflektor

Everything Now

Seen them about four times live and they never fail to

impress. Not a million miles away from what I’d suggest as an intro into their music FB 👍🏻 

On 26/03/2022 at 00:48, frankblack said:

Wake Up

Rebellion (Lies)

Keep The Car Running

No Cars Go

The Suburbs

Ready To Start

Reflektor

Everything Now

Really helpful guidance, appreciated. 

I'm locked on that song 'Sprawl' (?) which Regina sings all the way through - that's top of my list right now. Can't get that one out of my dome. 

the general

2 of my favourite ever gigs were seeing them

princes Street Gardens

And Corn Exchange when the stage was a kinda boxing ring thing in the middle of the venue