• ri Alban

• Ked

• Alex Kintner

• joondalupjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy
48 minutes ago, OTT said:

SNP have lost me too and I've always voted for them. 

The mess the council have made of the city is embarrassing. road works everywhere, this places for people nonsense (the cyclist crap), yellow lines everywhere as some sort of cynical cash grab and then the council tax creeping up too, right when cost for living is rocketing. 

I don't think I can forgive Sturgeon for patching the national energy provider either. That was such a great idea and could have made a real difference in peoples lives. Now our energy bills are doubling totally unchecked and fuel poverty this coming winter will kill people. The greens justification for not backing it was mind boggling.

I know for a lot of people Salmond is yesterdays man etc. but I'm liking what Alba are coming out with - 5 point plan to tackle child poverty for example the practical benefits of it seem pretty clear and common sense based, and I'm struggling to see how it can be argued that Sturgeon has done anything else but stall/fail to progress independence. The same questions in 2014 that lost the referendum haven't been answered yet and they've had 7 years to build on that and done nothing. The Wee Blue book being released will provide an updated prospectus on independence and the simple question is, if a 2023 Referendum is to happen, why are Alba being the ones to do the work on actually talking about Independence and developing the ideas around it? Going back to energy, especially with renewables, Alba want partial public ownership of this which would help in driving costs down for everyday people. Its like Sturgeon is selling the family silver with little regard to actually making life better for people that need it most. It requires the political will to do these things and I don't think the SNP have the appetite for it. 

https://www.albaparty.org/where_we_stand

Worth a wee read, even if you don't agree with it all. 

--

Not intending on starting an Independence discussion just highlighting that there is potential for another pro-independence party to emerge and challenge the status quo - perhaps also refocusing minds in the process. 

Yes i think Alba will be getting my vote in May

22 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

It doesn’t. Re-read it 👍🏻

I've read it as 20% of 5 billion but its 20% of scottish enterprise funding.

Sorry.

Alex Kintner
14 minutes ago, Ked said:

I've read it as 20% of 5 billion but its 20% of scottish enterprise funding.

Sorry.

Zc

Exactly so 20% of £500m which is £100m and it’s not ‘missing’, report says the central data doesn’t contain all the detail held by local authorities and work has been underway for a while to cross reference it all.

“£5bn missing!” makes a natty headline to brainwash the simple-minded with though 👍🏻

2 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

It’s piss poor record management and I said as much on another another thread. It’s a million miles from £5bn being ‘going missing’ though.

It is indeed, and that's what annoys me more than anything. It wouldn't have been difficult to organise the data at the time, so someone took their eye off the ball big time. And when they do that, and folk know it, that's when money gets misused.

Alex Kintner
9 minutes ago, redjambo said:

It is indeed, and that's what annoys me more than anything. It wouldn't have been difficult to organise the data at the time, so someone took their eye off the ball big time. And when they do that, and folk know it, that's when money gets misused.

It opens the door to accidental and non-accidental loss of money 👍🏻

47 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Exactly so 20% of £500m which is £100m and it’s not ‘missing’, report says the central data doesn’t contain all the detail held by local authorities and work has been underway for a while to cross reference it all.

“£5bn missing!” makes a natty headline to brainwash the simple-minded with though 👍🏻

Hey you.

😁😉

11 minutes ago, Ked said:

Simple minded crack

Hey, that's not a nice thing to call Alex at all!

Edited by redjambo

Seymour M Hersh
On 25/03/2022 at 14:54, Nunya Business said:

The UK badly needs a revolution. 

We already have more than enough revolting inhabitants. 

They are all a complete and utter bunch of *****, from the Tories to the SNP and everyone in-between.

We pay the bills, we do the hard work and our ancestors fought and died to have the family silver still with us today, but be of no doubt, these ****ing charlatans would give it all away and throw you off a bridge just for a photo opportunity with a ‘minority’.

Politics today is entirely about image, they all just care too much about what people think and how we look to the outside.  Completely obsessed with minorities, micro matters and our politicians are driven by self-loathing.  They fight issues that simply don’t exist, not really, whereas the real issues are growing by the day and gathering dust.

We are so much in debt (2.5 trillion) that money simply has no value now.  We simply throw it away now in every direction except that of which it is really required….on these shores.  Key matters in anyone’ book is surely education, health and the economy but all we give a **** about are climate change, covid, Ukraine, diversity quotas and minorities.

I will vote for any party now that will put the MAJORITY of UK citizens first.  This being unlikely my voting days are probably over.

Alex Kintner
25 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

They are all a complete and utter bunch of *****, from the Tories to the SNP and everyone in-between.

We pay the bills, we do the hard work and our ancestors fought and died to have the family silver still with us today, but be of no doubt, these ****ing charlatans would give it all away and throw you off a bridge just for a photo opportunity with a ‘minority’.

Politics today is entirely about image, they all just care too much about what people think and how we look to the outside.  Completely obsessed with minorities, micro matters and our politicians are driven by self-loathing.  They fight issues that simply don’t exist, not really, whereas the real issues are growing by the day and gathering dust.

We are so much in debt (2.5 trillion) that money simply has no value now.  We simply throw it away now in every direction except that of which it is really required….on these shores.  Key matters in anyone’ book is surely education, health and the economy but all we give a **** about are climate change, covid, Ukraine, diversity quotas and minorities.

I will vote for any party now that will put the MAJORITY of UK citizens first.  This being unlikely my voting days are probably over.

Brilliantly Detailed Post 👍🏻

22 hours ago, redjambo said:

Hey, that's not a nice thing to call Alex at all!

21 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

Still not following 🤷🏻‍♂️

On 27/03/2022 at 16:31, Alex Kintner said:

Exactly so 20% of £500m 

I wasnt brainwashed but I did fall for it a wee bit.

Was what I was getting at.

🙂

Stop stirring red 😁👍

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Tbf climate change isnt really being dealt with i8

It should be thee policy before all others imo.

I know you disagree.

And we wont change each others minds.

Even though I'm a 100% in the right.

😉

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, Ked said:

I wasnt brainwashed but I did fall for it a wee bit.

Was what I was getting at.

🙂

Stop stirring red 😁👍

Following you now. Senior moment from me 🙈