I actually hate politicians

ri Alban

They do absolutely nothing for anyone. And if we screwed people's money(Especially the council) the way they do, we'd get the gaol. 

No more voting from me except referenda. (Unless labour get their finger out and need my vote)  . As the Big Yin once said "Don't vote, it only encourages them"

Edited by ri Alban

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Ked

• Alex Kintner

• redjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

indianajones

The leadership in all countries on these islands is nothing short of embarrassing. 

Mostly an SNP voter in my adult life. They have lost that vote. Like you i am starting to feel like its a waste of my time going to the polling station. 

23 minutes ago, indianajones said:

The leadership in all countries on these islands is nothing short of embarrassing. 

Mostly an SNP voter in my adult life. They have lost that vote. Like you i am starting to feel like its a waste of my time going to the polling station. 

All politicians are greedy self serving arseholes, There's no point voting now they are all out to **** us over. 

40 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

They do absolutely nothing for anyone. And if we screwed people's money(Especially the council) the way they do, we'd get the gaol. 

No more voting from me except referenda. (Unless labour get their finger out and need my vote)  . As the Big Yin once said "Don't vote, it only encourages them"

I think historically, the political classes were always the lords, lairds and landowning gentry. It was them who set up the Westminster system that still operates in almost the same way today. Now its the rich "old school tie" toffs who still think they are the landed gentry who run for office on a back of lies. When in office, they think we all work for them and go about feathering their nests.

Its them who work for us, but the sycophants who swallow their lies put them on pedestals and see them as some sort of saviours that cannot be replaced.

If we collectively grew a pair they would be shit scared of us but we meekly allow them to carry on.

Voting is the only way to sort that shower out.

They know the sycophants will vote them back in. If they knew we didn't take any shit they would be shitting themselves and actually do their job! To help the people and make a difference in their daily lives.

Not treat us like tax paying plebs so they can get an after-dinner speaking tour and a book deal once their done!

Edited by Pans Jambo

skinnybob72

I think that there is some merit in having a 'none of the above' on a voting paper. Basically you cast a vote that says you don't trust any of the political parties to make life better for people. Not voting doesn't quite have the same impact as going to the polling station and registering your disgust at the choice of political parties on offer.

Personally I would do away with the party system completely. For 4 years you have party A shouting 'white' from one side of the commons while party B are on the other side shouting 'black'. Then an election changes the party in Government and both sides of the house shout the opposite of what they were previously.

There will be people with good ideas or intentions wearing all colours of rosettes but unless yours is the right colour at the right time you likely won't be heard.

A collection of independent people working for the betterment of the whole country is what we need - not the collection of corrupt idiots we have in charge who seem only to look out for themselves and their rich chums.  

18 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

All politicians are greedy self serving arseholes, There's no point voting now they are all out to **** us over. 

It was a way I never felt until I heard that some because of their position knew of moves in the business world that gave them advance notice and they have earned in some cases millions by shrewd investments.

JudyJudyJudy

I have really started to vote for the actual person than the party now. In the last Scottish election i voted Labour as their candidate helped me out with an issue.  For Westminster my local MP is Joanna Cherry. I agree with most of her values and principles and admire her intellect and her performances at Westminster so if she stands again she will get my vote. 

I am unsure about the forthcoming council elections. I know I will def not be voting SNP due to their mismanagement of Edinburgh . So I also wouldnt vote Labour either. :) So options limited really. 

Lord Montpelier
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Suspect we are at different points on the political spectrum but agree with your sentiment, they are for the most part a bunch of self serving narcissists who wouldn't find gainful employment in most walks of life. 

They should be the best of us. Unfortunately it's the opposite right now. 

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

:D No way you were a consistent SNP voter, unless you've done a very dramatic volte-face. You're one of the most right-wing posters on here.

indianajones
11 minutes ago, redjambo said:

:D No way you were a consistent SNP voter, unless you've done a very dramatic volte-face. You're one of the most right-wing posters on here.

Never voted right in my puff :lol:

What we need is a common sense party. 

Jeffros Furios

Can't stand any of them , a bunch of self serving lying pieces of scum  !!! 

****in hate them !

3 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Never voted right in my puff :lol:

What we need is a common sense party. 

Well that I can agree with. The only problem is that one person's common sense isn't another's common sense. :)  I do believe though that proportional representation does tend to lead to more consensual than confrontational government though. It would be a good place to start.

Just now, Jeffros Furios said:

Can't stand any of them , a bunch of self serving lying pieces of scum  !!! 

****in hate them !

Local politicians can be ok. Even though I don't vote nationally for the same party as my local councillor, he's very active and helpful in the community so I vote for him in the locals.

In general terms politicians earn more than the people they represent, have better benefits, and have better pensions.  All to do a job which doesn't require much effort, doesn't require much intelligence, and doesn't require any skill qualifications.  And your employment is secure until at least the next election, no matter how piss-poor your performance.

It has to be one of the cushiest jobs on the planet. 

Jambo-Jimbo

Doesn't matter which party is in charge, they all have an uncanny knack of ending up embroiled in sleaze, corruption and lies and generally leave things worse than when they took over.

I'm not an SNP fanboy but i will continue to vote SNP as a means to an end to try and get independence from those absolute wallopers in Westminster.

3 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

I think historically, the political classes were always the lords, lairds and landowning gentry. It was them who set up the Westminster system that still operates in almost the same way today. Now its the rich "old school tie" toffs who still think they are the landed gentry who run for office on a back of lies. When in office, they think we all work for them and go about feathering their nests.

Its them who work for us, but the sycophants who swallow their lies put them on pedestals and see them as some sort of saviours that cannot be replaced.

If we collectively grew a pair they would be shit scared of us but we meekly allow them to carry on.

They know the sycophants will vote them back in. If they knew we didn't take any shit they would be shitting themselves and actually do their job! To help the people and make a difference in their daily lives.

Not treat us like tax paying plebs so they can get an after-dinner speaking tour and a book deal once their done!

I just wish the people in positions of power were actually schooled in the subject. For me the likes of Johny Mercer or Keith Brown should be running the Ministry of defence, working together to keep the these islands safe. Not some bampots who know feck all about feck all. Plus, it's high time NS and BJ did what what was needed to make our lives better, if that means more powers for Scotland or The WM taking the lead, let's do it. I'm a Scotsman but when it comes to the crunch, I'll stand side by side with the Welsh English and N.Irish. Hopefully that's during the revolution these shores dearly needed.

Edited by ri Alban

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

I have really started to vote for the actual person than the party now. In the last Scottish election i voted Labour as their candidate helped me out with an issue.  For Westminster my local MP is Joanna Cherry. I agree with most of her values and principles and admire her intellect and her performances at Westminster so if she stands again she will get my vote. 

I am unsure about the forthcoming council elections. I know I will def not be voting SNP due to their mismanagement of Edinburgh . So I also wouldnt vote Labour either. :) So options limited really. 

Joanna Cherry is a class act. And she should run for leader of the SNP. Keith Brown I hold in the Highest regard. He's a very good debater, gets his opinion across without being a dick and also allows others to express their views without shouting them down.

2 hours ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Suspect we are at different points on the political spectrum but agree with your sentiment, they are for the most part a bunch of self serving narcissists who wouldn't find gainful employment in most walks of life. 

*They should be the best of us. Unfortunately it's the opposite right now. 

* That's exactly who they should be. Well said.

joondalupjambo
3 hours ago, Herbert. said:

Mhairi Black?  Do not think so 

joondalupjambo

I have said before on here the genius of it all by these horrible elite bar stewards was the clever tactic of creating a middle class.  It is them, us that are to blame for this mess not the elite and not the poor.

2 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

I was happy when she appeared on the scene. Now, I think she's a fecking nasty piece of work.

joondalupjambo
Just now, ri Alban said:

I was happy when she appeared on the scene. Now, I think she's a fecking nasty piece of work.

In what way Ri?

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Never hear much about her now ? 

2 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

In what way Ri?

Ask Joanna Cherry and anyone else who does not agree with her gender view.

Edited by ri Alban

joondalupjambo
27 minutes ago, Hansel said:

I'm not an SNP fanboy but i will continue to vote SNP as a means to an end to try and get independence from those absolute wallopers in Westminster.

I am a Free by 93 guy but now voting Green still let's me vote for an independence party.  SNP need a broom up their butts because either get us out or shut up with the side show sheet that they are falling into.

Jambo_jim2001

Mentioned this before,seemingly a great read 

download.jpeg

joondalupjambo
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Ask Joanna Cherry and anyone else who does not agree with her gender view.

That is only one issue within a myriad of issues.  She still sticks up for her constituents before worrying about her share portfolio or bank balance.

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Never hear much about her now ? 

Good. Her debut speech in the commons was outstanding and then her real agenda appeared.

JudyJudyJudy

Good. Her debut speech in the commons was outstanding and then her real agenda appeared.

Yep . She’s another politician I’ve went right off 

1 minute ago, joondalupjambo said:

That is only one issue within a myriad of issues.  She still sticks up for her constituents before worrying about her share portfolio or bank balance.

No she doesn't. It's all about her. I stood and watched her face like thunder, when Nicola Sturgeon stole the show in the west end of Paisley a couple of years ago. It was quite the eye opener.

3 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Sorry bud. Im not trying to start a fight. Just my opinion. I was hoping she was the new class of politics. Maybe she'll grow up and become what I thought she would be. 

👍

Lord Montpelier
12 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Is the right answer

joondalupjambo
Just now, ri Alban said:

No she doesn't. It's all about her. I stood and watched her face like thunder, when Nicola Sturgeon stole the show in the west end of Paisley a couple of years ago. It was quite the eye opener.

Come on Ri.  Look at what I said.  You honestly believe that she is more interested about our own wealth rather than her constituents?  I agree that in all cases MP's will have good days and bad days, bad judgement calls and fall outs within their parties but if we honestly cannot give at least some of them some credit for trying to do the right thing then where does that leave us?  We would be in state of pending revolution.

joondalupjambo
1 minute ago, joondalupjambo said:

Come on Ri.  Look at what I said.  You honestly believe that she is more interested about our own wealth rather than her constituents?  I agree that in all cases MP's will have good days and bad days, bad judgement calls and fall outs within their parties but if we honestly cannot give at least some of them some credit for trying to do the right thing then where does that leave us?  We would be in state of pending revolution.

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Sorry bud. Im not trying to start a fight. Just my opinion. I was hoping she was the new class of politics. Maybe she'll grow up and become what I thought she would be. 

👍

Just saw your last reply.  Cheers like you just wanting to hope beyond hope that there is a shred of decency out there with some of them.

Edited by joondalupjambo

6 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Just saw your last reply.  Cheers like you just wanting to hope beyond hope that there is a shred of decency out there with some of them.

:thumbsup:

47 minutes ago, Hansel said:

My position too, Hansel.

12 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Basically people have to lump all politicians together as scum to avoid having to admit that the tories are in a class of their own

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

My position too, Hansel.

I think if she goes back on the 2023 promise, it'll need another leader or even party to achieve this. I think it will finish the SNP and NS if indyref2 is sidelined again, bud. IMHO.

2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Basically people have to lump all politicians together as scum to avoid having to admit that the tories are in a class of their own

Or just honesty, bud.. I'll tell it as it is.

You are correct, The Tory is in a class of their own, but others have their ***** anaw.

I think if she goes back on the 2023 promise, it'll need another leader or even party to achieve this. I think it will finish the SNP and NS if indyref2 is sidelined again, bud. IMHO.

Aye, but that was before we had a global pandemic to take away our attentions. I would be fine with 2024, but it seems that Sturgeon is going ahead with 2023 anyway so you should be happy enough.

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Aye, but that was before we had a global pandemic to take away our attentions. I would be fine with 2024, but it seems that Sturgeon is going ahead with 2023 anyway so you should be happy enough.

I just want clarity bud. I understand if it is put back for reasons, not cause they can't hold it and won't tell us. 

38 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

What makes her different from the rest? I've not heard about her since she went down there.

Lord Montpelier
4 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

What makes her different from the rest? I've not heard about her since she went down there.

Well she did manage to introduce someone called Flow Job to a bunch of young primary school kids a couple of years ago. Don't recall anyone else doing that.