Queen...

Morgan

Now, they were very good.

Bohemian Rhapsody?  Okay

(words were a lot of shite).

Killer Queen and Don’t stop me now?  :sweeet:

Mercurys voice?  :wow: 

Just now, graygo said:

Thought she was deid there for a second.

😳

A wee deflection from the RF slaughter going on.  😀

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

😳

A wee deflection from the RF slaughter going on.  😀

Had no idea what you meant there but a quick look explained it. I've stayed well clear of that thread for my own good, wish I'd done the same with a few others tbh.

Jambo_jim2001

Hope she lives to 100,just for the extra bank holiday 😃😜the band brilliant,seen them at Wembley😎one of the best concerts I've been to👍Seen that guy Gary Mullen a while back,he was really good❤️

Edited by Jambo_jim2001

I've got tickets to see them and Adam Lambert at the O2 in June. 

Cant wait. Wish I'd been around to see them when Freddie was around though. The ultimate showman! 

Jambo_jim2001
3 minutes ago, Aaron78 said:

I've got tickets to see them and Adam Lambert at the O2 in June. 

Cant wait. Wish I'd been around to see them when Freddie was around though. The ultimate showman! 

Take ear plugs 👍if they're still on the same volume as Wembley,,my ears were ringing for a while afterwards 🤣

23 minutes ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

Take ear plugs 👍if they're still on the same volume as Wembley,,my ears were ringing for a while afterwards 🤣

Thanks for the tip! I'm in the stalls so it will be extra loud!! 😂 How was the show? I quite like Adam Lambert. Don't know any of his own stuff but he seems to fit the band well... 

Jambo_jim2001
27 minutes ago, Aaron78 said:

Thanks for the tip! I'm in the stalls so it will be extra loud!! 😂 How was the show? I quite like Adam Lambert. Don't know any of his own stuff but he seems to fit the band well... 

Awesome,but never be the same sadly 😎👍

15 minutes ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

Awesome,but never be the same sadly 😎👍

Freddie is irreplaceable. One of the greatest performers of our time. Particularly love Love of My Life at Wembley. Beautiful.... 

Seymour M Hersh
8 hours ago, Morgan said:

Bohemian Rhapsody?  Okay

Seven Seas of Rhye.

You know it looks quite strange written down.

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

A Boy Named Crow

I've always really liked Queen, but never saw them as a proper rock band. The Who, Led Zeplin, Pink Floyd were all proper rock bands. Queen existed almost as their own genre, and were bloody good at it, but they weren't really a rock band. 

7 hours ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

one of the best Freddie voices,if you like sound a likes😎😎

Showed this to the wife recently after watching the soundalikes on the ITV show Starstruck which had Freddie impersonators on it. He was much better than them. Forgot how good he was. 

Bizarrely I watched him perform a show at the old Esporta gym at fountain Park back in the day not long after he won Stars in their eyes!

Carl Fredrickson

My first album was Live Killers and loved them since pirmary school in the 70s.Was very fortunate to see them at Knebworth which I think was their last gig. Incredible live band though I appreciate they may not be to everyones taste. Freddie has such a tremendous vocal range that view can match.

The Hogfather
46 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

I've always really liked Queen, but never saw them as a proper rock band. The Who, Led Zeplin, Pink Floyd were all proper rock bands. Queen existed almost as their own genre, and were bloody good at it, but they weren't really a rock band. 

You're probably right. You'd classify them as a rock band because that's the closest genre to what they were. But there isn't another band out there that sounds like Queen. They stand completely on their own, where you could be forgiven for mixing up Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd.

I P Knightley

I like a lot of their songs and had one or two of their albums but I would never have said they were in my top 10 bands or artists and I wouldn't have made a fuss to go and see them. Plenty of my mates were hugely into them; I don't know what it was that they never quite clicked for me.

11 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I like a lot of their songs and had one or two of their albums but I would never have said they were in my top 10 bands or artists and I wouldn't have made a fuss to go and see them. Plenty of my mates were hugely into them; I don't know what it was that they never quite clicked for me.

Pretty much where I’m at with them. One of those bands that you’ll own a greatest hits but not feel the urge to buy other albums. 

11 hours ago, Morgan said:

Bohemian Rhapsody?  Okay

Used to be a big fan. Loved Innuendo, thought that song under the circumstances at the time was a masterpiece.

31 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

The fact they've got 3 volumes of greatest hits tells you all you need to know.

Greatest Hits (1) is by far their best work. 

8 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Seven Seas of Rhye.

You know it looks quite strange written down.

I forgot about that one, Seymour.  That’s a great song too.

On 24/03/2022 at 00:54, Jambo_jim2001 said:

one of the best Freddie voices,if you like sound a likes😎😎

25 years old!

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

25 years old!

😂😂 My exact thoughts. Is this standard for most Glaswegians?